[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Winter technically starts on 22 December but few people follow this date. Generally Japan considers anything between December-February winter. And this changes depending on country. For example in Ireland winter is November-January.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Rev4

Rev4 Member

My hope at this point is 9th single details in early Dec but I don't expect it to release until in Jan because of Yoshimoto's 3rd single on Dec 25 got details yesterday.

They will be fine if the single is scheduled for January and then we get a 2nd album in May. A nice return to Fall single with 10th. Keyaki will stabilize their release schedule. 2 singles and one album in a year is back to 2017. Then hopefully 2021 will be 3 singles in a year again just like 2016.

I don't see any reasons to delay to Feb when they have appeared in 9th single uniforms and the designer has already made a tweet about it.
    https://twitter.com/kimikatrock/status/1198636143064936448?s=19

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

If you are really going into astronomy and reading the solstice then you can say it starts there, but no one pays attention to that, I think, since the coldest time in most countries in the Northern hemisphere starts around late November to Late March. In my country it starts at 1st December so it depends on location too
    Like @kanjo said, the time differs. Northern hemisphere has theirs in Dec-Feb, while southern is considered from July or so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rev4

Rev4 Member

I never knew I would see this day come. Techi do cartwheel without any help, she is recovering and is strong.
    https://twitter.com/Camera2Teihen/status/1199642035017269248?s=19

Regarded 9th single, I think we should blame ourselves for expectations. Mngmt said "this winter" in Sep and members have said winter as well. It's not easy to know what they mean with "this winter". We wanted Dec but realistically speaking is probably in the middle. It's a scheduled single for winter since Sep so nothing has changed or being delayed.

But it would make sense to release details in Dec and release in Jan because every senbatsu member looks healthy without hiatus. Dec~Feb is winter so Feb would not be necessary like last time and it sounds late. Can't they do an exception this time like they did with Fall single, Kaze ni fukarete mo, released in Oct instead of Nov. Fall is Sep~Nov so I'm crossing my fingers for Jan.

5. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

They said in the beginning that the 9th single will be released at 今冬 then 2019年冬. Maybe because there isnt winter in my country, I dont know that 2019 winter lasts from 2019 Dec to 2020 Feb. Nah

6. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    I thought winter starts around January in Japan. At least that's what they use on TV (winter drama, winter animes always start airing on January)

Hikarun did a good job filling for Mon's spot
    Regardless bunshun's rumor, is it safe to assume she's out (Dani too)? I need a clear closure since she's my oshi

Btw hi I'm new and my username is a joke so dont mind it

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I didn't see Mon or Oda in the 2019 Best Artist performance...:blink:

8. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Mon said to wait for her blog. But at this point I think it's pretty safe to assume she (and Oda) are graduating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    And If they are, then would that mean they won't participate in the 9th single? And this question I made seems like I assumed they haven't recored anything. It can't be like that, right?

10. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Graduation can happen a few months after announcements, they can still participate if they (or mmg) want to. I remember a member (Koike?) shared that they have finished recording the mv for non-senbatsu coupling song.

Although all signs are pointing toward graduation, I’m still clinging onto this faint hope that they’re only on hiatus and will be back to us near in the future after they solve whatever problems they have right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sam_E

Sam_E Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    野口衣織
    Twitter:
    SamuelEdwards
    I'm not sure, I would agree but Keyaki aren't that busy at the moment. I would be more concerned if they were in the middle of promoting a single or if they were missing some of the big music shows closer to Christmas. They both need to miss a lot more shows before they catch up to the amount that Techi missed last year too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    It's pointless to compare Techi to the other members. Techi gets some privileges the others don't get (not sending monthly messages, not appearing at Keyakake). She's clearly in a different position. Mon hasn't sent any monthly messages for the past two (or three?) months, just like Oda. Oda's mobame is suspended. Mon's last performance was at TGC back in September iirc. There hasn't been any explanation for her absence. Oda will probably graduate because of her scandal, but Mon who knows? Bunshun actually talked to her mother and her mother denied that Mon dislikes Keyaki, but she didn't deny the Malta rumor.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Sam_E

Sam_E Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    野口衣織
    Twitter:
    SamuelEdwards
    The only privilege I think Techi has over other members is that she can get away with missing so much and still be the center of every single. My point was that Suzumon missing some performances isn't enough of a reason to believe that she's graduating when we already have an example of a member missing so much more, with a much greater impact on the group, and receiving no repercussions for it. She's already not in senbatsu for next single like we'd expect her to be so it's not like there's anything stopping her from taking a break.

If you want to believe her and Oda are graduating that's fine but for Suzumon at least I'm going to hold out hope that this is just a hiatus.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. glsone

glsone Member

Suzumon not being in senbatsu after being a management favorite for so long is the biggest red flag of all. We've already seen time and again that if management has their way she will be in the front row more often than not. So for her to be so far removed from that can't possibly be their idea alone.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. DaMoonRulz

DaMoonRulz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitofuyuka
    Maybe they wanted her in the Under group as a Center and to help the weaker girls with their dance.

16. Sam_E

Sam_E Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    野口衣織
    Twitter:
    SamuelEdwards
    It's definitely a red flag, I just don't think it points to graduation any more than it does to a hiatus. We wont know until management or Suzumon tell us what's happening.

17. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    lol I already listed other things Techi gets away with (another thing I remembered is that she hasn't done anything for Uni's on Air, the Keyaki/Hinata game. No audio, no videos, no cards, nothing. The only one like her in the game is Kageyama Yuuka, who is on a hiatus due to studying since last year. Techi has no excuse). My point is simply that people shouldn't compare Techi with other members. She's in a different position. As for Mon, I'm trying to think positively but it isn't just her missing performances that is making me thing she'll graduate soon. But either way, we'll hopefully find out what's going on soon.

18. hibana

hibana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tamura Hono
    suzumon management favorite lmaoooo
    she got some push in the first two singles and that was it, what are you talking about

19. Kumosayi

Kumosayi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kawata Hina
    I mean, she and Kobayashi are shared first in amount of 1st rows (5 times each) (Not counting Hirate's 8 times since she's obviously 1st). Suzumoto was 2nd row in Sekai ni and Fukyouwaon + 3rd in Kuroi Hitsuji after three straight 1st rows. She was definitely in the pushed category, though 3rd row for KH and non-senbatsu for this is odd and a pretty clear (and sudden) change. I'm hopeful it's just a hiatus, but we'll see when she updates her blog.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Honestly I was surprised that both Mon and Naako were out of senbatsu. I was also surprised that Rika was in 3rd row. Mon and Naako were always popular members with good handshake sales and Rika always seemed like permanent 1st or 2nd row member, so their placement (or lack of) was very surprising to me. But these three girls are girls that seemed to me like they weren't really giving their best effort lately. Like Mon is a great dancer but other than it seemed like she was kind of phoning it in (like in Keyakake and stuff), Naako has her Ribbon/manga stuff but otherwise it also seemed like she was phoning it, Rika has the model thing going but otherwise it seems like she's been phoning it in too. I just felt like I haven't seen them trying very hard at all. Just my impression. They all seemed to be content to just show up, sit in the back, and give one-word answers when the MC calls on them and not do much else. So I felt like management was saying "You better start actually trying your best or you'll be pushed to the back or pushed out. We have popular second gen members now and we'll get more members in the future. You can't be complacent." And I actually saw a noticeable change in Rika in variety after the Senbatsu announcement. The episodes directly after the announcement, it looked like Rika was going out of her to try harder in Keyakake. But maybe Mon feels like she doesn't want to do that and is second-guessing whether she even wants to be an idol.
    Sorry for the meandering thoughts but basically what I'm getting at is the Senbatsu announcement was a message from management to some of the girls to fall in line and get with management's new program, and whereas Rika did fall in line, Mon decided she did not want to fall in line. The idea of having to do more than what she is already doing (perhaps "pretending" to be someone she is not) is unappealing to her. Basically not being in Senbatsu is what's pushing her to think about graduating, rather than her thinking about graduating is what kept her out of Senbatsu.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1