1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Once again feels like mngmnt is just randomly doing stuff and hoping everything goes well.
    It won't.
    Not when you set goals for Hinata and leave Keyaki with a "maybe around March we are releasing something we already changed once".
    Like I said previously, I'm not affected by a late release if the standard maintained is the usual; but the lack of commitment to Keyaki by their own mngmnt shows a negative choice and negative PR-ing.
    You may push Hinata to the moon and back, who cares? But if you let go Keyaki while doing so, we got a problem.
    And we got a problem right now.

So, better would be if mngmnt goes away and Keyaki is given to a team who'd be really interested in making them shine (and gain too)

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Hinata is probably an overall easier group for management to work with. Their concept is probably more malleable for management and composers/songwriter to come up with material for. If the creation process is easier for one group than another then that group will get the resources, it may seem unfair but that's business.

Also Hinata doesn't have a brittle diva center who gets disproportionate attention so it's probably easier to deal with in that sense too.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  3. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    but is there still a merit to milk techi at this point? I mean look at the face she's been making in the recent group pics.
    Also keyaki is still an idol group: they release something, fans will buy it for handshake. They will have their ups and down and not releasing hits everytime wont hurt them at all. In fact messy planning and withholding a single for months is a lot less profitable business wise for an idol group. So they should drop this elitism and just go with the usual 3 single per year

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I'd agree with you on that but I think Keyakizaka is caught within an image trap, sort of a catch22 situation. If they change image many of their fans will shit the bed but it becomes increasingly difficult to fit to the image over time.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nen, Fuu-chan, Oze, Suzu, Mei
    I wonder if there is a change in Management behind the scenes we do not know about yet. Maybe another company is going to take over from S&F after the start of the new year? I think S&F sees another Nogi in Hinata at the moment and wants to push the "standard idol" theme with them. Make 3 songs a year from a production line with no content, much easier dance routines, lots of handshakes, concert tours, get the last available weekend for Tokyo Dome. S&F even dressed up Hinata like Nogi at FNS 2nd night with long frilly dresses and high heels. This of course is just my opinion. As some of you know, I love all three groups so I am not in any way bashing any of the girls.

I personally would prefer 1 or 2 (at most) songs a year that are very high in quality. A song with good content and meaning. A dance that is amazing to watch. A MV that is like a short film. This is why I love Keyaki. No, not all of the songs need to be depressing or dark, but they should still have a good sound. Make a "bright" song as Aki-P stated, but still have a rock vibe to it, or an electronic dance vibe, but the lyrics actually mean something. Not just repeating a few words 100 times. There is a way to write a happy love song that actually has meaning and can fire you up as well.

I always see the meme of the birds where one is standing on the head of another while feeding a baby. And it basically says S&F standing on top of Keyaki while feeding Hinata. When the 9th comes out, I hope it is so good that someone changes that meme to 9th single standing on top of anti's while feeding fans. Or Quality feeding Fans while standing on top of Quantity.

Not sure if I got my point across or not, but its all just my opinion. If you don't like my opinion that's cool, I won't hate you for it, it's why we have them and we can discuss if you like. :)

All will come to light at some point, things will be explained, we will eventually get the new single and others. If Techi is center for the next 5 songs, so be it, if they finally change then we can see what it will be like without her as center. We can either support the girls that are here now, the ones that stick around through all of this, and the new ones that will eventually come in.... or complain until we are out of air and red in face. I prefer to enjoy what comes out and support them to the best of my ability being a foreigner.

(I had to say something because I fell down a rabbit hole on a website filled with BS messages from anti's before I knew it..... lol)

• Like Like x 5
  6. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    i disagree maybe the hinatazaka style and the personalities of the members are not your taste. you say that you are not bashing them but you are lowkey doing that . the choreographies are not too easy like it seems. they have songs with deep messages within the three singles and of course cheerful songs too, i dont see the problem with that. you are talking about a lot of handshakes but all the idol groups organize handshakes and keyakizaka is not different in this aspect. The hinatazaka members have been working very hard all these years in the shadow of kanji. All these projects have been planned long time ago.they are only following their expected schedule. nobody knows really what is behind the delay of the 9th single.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nen, Fuu-chan, Oze, Suzu, Mei

I see your point, I was not trying to do that but it does seem that it came across that way. Hinata's style should be their own with what works for them, and I don't have a problem with that at all. I guess I was trying to say that I don't think Keyaki needs to force themselves to feel like they need to be that way. To me it felt like... like they are feeling pressured to get a single out asap just to appease some of the fans. I am sure they want to get the single out asap as well, but want to make sure it is worth the effort? Now if they eventually get back to 3 singles a year and all of the events that's wonderful.

I do support the Hinata girls very much and am glad they are off to a rocket start as Hinata with all of the hard work they put in as Hiragana. You pointed out some of my flaws and I appreciate that, and also for the feedback and discussion.

I need to stay off those other sites and stop jumping to conclusions...lol

Clear my mind and wait for things to come.

Again, seriously, thank you for the reply.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Oi Oi Oi!!! I saw them complimenting 2017's Fukyouwaon perf some few days ago and now they are asking them to perform again? They really enjoyed the performance! I wanted Kuroi Hitsuji but got something better!! Go Keyaki!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rev4

Rev4 Member

The issue is neither image or Hinata approaching "traditional theme". Those are excuses. It's more about resources than anything else.

It takes time and effort to operate just "one full-time group". Having a mngmt working with a idol group is not good enough. 2019 has proven Yoshino Konno's concept wrong by operating two full-time idol groups under the same roof.

As for Sony Music who wants profit this is not good business. Their business policy is to be a place where talents can grow. What Seed&Flower didn't do in 2019 and I hope this issue has been acknowledged behind the scenes as we speak.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

And now Fukyouwaon is trending at no1 in Japan lol.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    IF we are lucky, that is what's happening behind the scene, but at this point I'm a bit dubious about it. Understanding mngmnt thinking is hard for me, because for every good decision they take, they also show a lack of interest and commitment in the next one. Even if things aren't so bad as we perceive them from outside, this is a very confusing way to promote Keyaki.
    A change is surely needed.
    And if mngmnt would finally stabilize Keyaki, this is the moment the rest of the group can take a step forward as individuals and as whole. It's up to S&F though and so far what they did it hasn't been enough for sure.
    By the way, I've been busy lately, so I have no idea but has some of the 2gens being picked as model? Wasting that potential feels quite absurd.

This said... can't wait for the next performances!!!
    GO KEYAKI!!!! :omfg:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. GenKelC

GenKelC Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    So the reason the girls and the group havent realesed anything yet its cause they have been practicing Fukyouwaon all this time!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Lololol!!! What!!! After all the drama, how can you ask something like that?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Next issue of BRODY will bring up the history of Keyakizaka46 with 54 pages.
    https://twitter.com/brody20150821/status/1207863960147349506?s=19

This, and that Keyakizaka46 event in early January with Bugbear as special guests. Can I be hopeful for something big is planned like my wish has been planning behind the scenes and Keyaki will be transferred to a new agency in 2020? Please make it come to fruition! I can't see Yukka this frustrated anymore and all her excuses she makes for the mngmt hurts.

Plus the delay of trainees getting assigned to each Sakamichi group.

Something is not right this year and it has been slow. Remember that fortune teller in South Korea Neru and Naako met who told them about group's fortune it will get more stable in 2 years. It won't happen by staying in Seed&Flower imo. 2020 will just be a repeat of 2019 if dramatic changes are not being made like leaving S&F and being transferred to a new agency/company.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I so want to believe that fortune Teller. I am actually very critical abt it because of how sure she was abt it. She right away said they will be better, stable in 2 years. She might have clearly seen that the following year won't be a good year for them. And what actually shook me from that fortune telling was how she told Neru, and I quote '~so don't leave the group now' while smiling as if she knew. Well, she is a fortune Teller anyway lol.
    Apart from these, the positive thing she mentioned that will put the group in a stable position next year is that they will have new members. There was no mentioning of changing agencies so maybe it might not go as you expect.
    If all these come to pass, then I sure will have to get ready for Naako's marriage lol

And~
    While we are all too busy worrying for the girls, amidst happiness after the announcement, this is from Neru's favourite drag queen bar.
    https://twitter.com/snack_madonna/status/1207984482994647041?s=19

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  18. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS!

Edit: I'm not worried at all abt this fukyouwaon perf this time. More than anyone else the members must feel they need to redeem themselves after 2017 kohaku (and that garasu of last year). This will be explosive, I trust the girls

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
  20. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

My theory is that AkiP's "character arc" for Techi ended with Kuroi Hitsuji, and so neither he nor management knows where to take the group from there.

Writing "dark" or edgy/rebellious songs isn't really what AkiP normally does so he needs to feel inspired in order to do so and make it good, he can't just force one out. And Keyaki has tied themselves so closely to the Techi story and their "mainstream alt-idol" concept for so long that it's hard to change gears and make it work.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1