1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I know that is what most think but action speaks louder than words and from their actions, this fact isn't true. I mean, we've seen Techi with the members. Even if they are what we are expected to believe, you can't fake the closeness between them.

2. GenKelC

GenKelC Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    that may be true, but the real world is so harsh, that it can destroy closeness and friendship if the other girls dreams and goals were in the middle, maybe they didnt want the situation keep going if the the 9th single was delay cause of Techi, maybe the girls didnt liked that and decided to boot techi from the group, so Techi just went ahead first and decided to quit before that, I know that the girls seems close, and that Pon and Techi in kuroio, but blah blah, blah, Pon and Yui were always against Techi being always the center, there is a internal conflict and we cant deny that

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    I really believe it was the opposite: the girls got too comfortable with having Hirate as center and consequently lost all sense of ambition. Their stable popularity with Hirate as the masterpiece brought a sense of security among the members. Hence they accepted to build the group around Hirate and only worked hard to be a reliable support and worthy substitute when Hirate cant perform.
    Only one members felt otherwise and voiced openly her desire to center and bring something new with the group which resulted into her decision to leave (be avenged Zuu!!!). While I dont buy the bullying story, it is plausible that some members were not being happy about her ambition. As for Neru, she may have wanted to aim higher considering her popularity and charisma, but because of her personality she didnt want to "disrupt the peace" and keep it low to avoid potential toubles.
    Now that the shelter is gone, all of them have to get out of their comfort zone. I hope the arena tour helped boost the self confidence of the less prominent members like Koike, Harada and Uemu. Aside from pressure, lack of self confidence is also what drive them to rely on Hirate and leave most of the responsibility to her.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  4. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Well, where to start?

I think all of us are kind of a state of shock. Even being away from the fandom, the amplitude of such a news is shattering.
    Listening back to keyakizaka playlist (the album) give me a mixed feeling of sadness and nostalgia. Kuroi hitsuji is like a bitter coffee in the morning.

From Twitter, i read a lot of people comparing Acchan graduation and Yurina's departure, explaining that having a inmovable center doesn't mean the end of the group.
    My take on this, is that going business as usual for keyakizaka without Techi is unhealthy and short sighted. Let's keep in mind that they built all their storytelling on Techi trait & personality. Her mysterious side was a big part of her charm. The big difference is that Acchan prepared her departure, and obviously management didn't with Techi.

Mogami moga opinion is that withdrawal means "without consent/the will to do". So the Red fukyouwaon was the tipping point of what techi's body could do. Totally understandable looking at the pace these years, and if 2019 looked mild compared to let's say 2017.

Keyakizaka trying to do a replica of Techi's era will be a 100% failure. When i mean "disband" of Keyaki, it's more graduating from Techi's era. They should start from scratch again, with new visual, artistic direction, new goals. I hear yukka telling us to support keyaki. But what kind of a keyaki? A keyakizaka that tries to desperately hang on their past prime? Hell no. A keyakizaka that challenge themselves once again and bring another flavor, even though it means a risk? Yes please. If the music is good, if the personalities are interesting, people will stay, hell, even new fans could come.

This past 3 years with keyakizaka feels like a relationship that comes to an end. We can be sad that it is ending, or rather grateful to have lived those fond memories we had together. I am the latter, and if my grief is painful, it is because i lived great moment with keyakizaka. That is something that can't be taken away. FujiQ, Zenkoku tour, handshake...

Still one things remain. How you manage and build an idol group. I believe this massive graduation is unusual and could be avoided if there's proper communication. Why i imply there's a lack of communication? Because when a Ace feel the need to leave, it means reworking everything. And it hasn't been done (9th single techi was still center). Also from what Suzumoto said. "lose the will to perform" is management responsability. To make things thrilling, to bring work opportunities so everyone is satisfied and blooming in the group.

I don't know if Techi will stay in entertainment. I would say she got the best out of it, and leave without regret, like yonetani.
    After all, she might marry at 20 like she said in an interview ahah

• Like Like x 5
  5. dragonfrommars

dragonfrommars Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaaya
    as someone who has no interest in their music career and is only a fan through their variety show... i see another silver lining for me, i think with her gone... the 2gen girls that were hungry for spotlight will work even harder on the show sense theirs an actual chance they can be the next star... that's gonna drastically improve the show, which is what needs, as it sometimes seems like Tsucchi looks bored of hosting it

also, another thing i just thought of... the 1st gen girls who, outside of a couple, who have been slacking at variety, this may actually force them to work hard now.. they'll have to fix a lot of their flaws if they want to succeed in this world without Techi

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    lol I highly, highly doubt Techi leaving will have any impact on Keyakake, just like her being in the group didn't have any impact on the show. 2ki are working hard anyway.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Zaebore

Zaebore Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takamoto Ayaka
    I've thought for a long time now and there's no better time than to say it now but Keyakizaka you've fought a long battle. I realize these are my own personal feelings but I haven't felt so disconnected when following an idol group before to this extent. I find it hard to believe that what's happening is happening but what has led to this result is from the constant build up of countless repeated action and turmoil repeated ever so much that has persisted time and time again consistently within the group. I very much like all of the keyakizaka girls as they do have characters, personalities, and individual free wills specifically each one having a mind of their own but watching Keyakizaka as they venture through the journey of an idol is painful.

They have greater restrictions and guidelines that needs to be met as standard policy more so than other idol groups. Their individual selves isn't the main priority as it is second or third to that of what is the main priority or objective of their combined group's collaborative efforts and goals. The desires and satisfaction of those goals are the means to an end for Keyakizaka to be alive and to be successful.

With everything that's been said more so than anything else I'm missing one factor from Keyakizaka and that is to be an idol. I do not mean be cute and smile for the fans. No, they can do that. What I really want from Keyakizaka is to have each of the girls do things that do not limit their abilities to be where they want to be; from where they are currently at. I want the girls to have everything associated to what an idol is. I want Keyakizaka to experience idol in the perspective of having the truest human spirit embodied for each of the girls so they can become better as people and as a group. The dream that I want for Keyakizaka is to help each of the girls find a place in which each of their goals can be realized.

The music of which Keyakizaka has is above all else heavily associated with carrying majority of their idol qualities and capabilities but it shouldn't accumulate everything by which the girls should be represented as especially if were talking about who they truly are as human beings. Each and every one of the Keyakizaka girls have a life that is important to them. The representation of the group should not fully represent who the girls are and to find a way to better express the Keyakizaka girls individually is for the girls to express themselves the best way that they can so we can all get a better understanding of who all the Keyakizaka girls are. I hope Keyakizaka can rebuild and reflect their actions and I hope they can become better inside and outside of who they actually are.
    Learn from the past, live in the present, and think about the future.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  8. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I assume this is from the "Nikkei reporter" one. I find the VOD and it's a guest panel, they asked what he think about it so what he says is just what he assumed what happens.

The VOD can be found here

if the video does not show watch the video here

Akanen's blog

Fuuchan's blog, favourite one so far

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Thank you for all the translations. This has made me happy. Without your effort, i wouldn't have known what they wrote even though i might guess the contents but understanding what is coming from them, I can sympathize too. Thank you so much. Saito is forever a sunshine. I hope she gets more popular this year. And oh Akane. She must be hurting so hard.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Today Keyakizaka46 as we knew it is no more... This robust construct has lost 4 major pillars and is shaking precariously... IT WILL NOT FALL!

Our group will survive the loss of its face, the most charismatic persona in the J-idol world, the loss of a great dancer and the loss of a great spirit, heart and soul. Facing the inevitable, I can only bow and thank from the bottom of my heart these wonderful ladies: Hirate Yurina san, Suzumoto Miyu san and (my beloved) Oda Nana san. A glimpse of hope remains for the return of that astounding beauty (my 2nd Oshi) Sato Shiori san, but I have that cold feeling that she is also slipping away like sand in the palm...

I bid them all farewell with a smile on my face, a prayer on my lips and my heart full of wonderful memories and thankful emotions. I really wish that life will give them back plentifully, all that they have offered us to the hundred-fold.

I am sure that, from their side, nothing would give them more joy than seeing their sisters, their group that was their family for more than 4 years, continue to shine. It is true that all achievements during the recent months were EXCLUSIVELY the work of these girls. No fresh content from the management and not much chances even for the 2nd gen to exhibit their true potential (which, somehow, they managed to show). For one year these girls were fighting a lopsided war, were playing on a table where the dice were loaded... Not much support for Kuroi, no new single, poor communication. Yet, they were shining whenever and wherever they appeared...

Their potential is immeasurable, this is why I am sure that Keyakizaka46 will not fall.

For us, fans, this quadruple departure has taken our breath away. We received the news speechless for a moment but most of us have burst on cheers and support for the ones that remain, the ones that have to carry on.

This is Keyakizaka46 ver.2.0. ladies and gentlemen. They need our support and love and for the sake of all 1st gen members that left, yesterday and in the past, we have to be there by their side.

• Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Surabaya

Surabaya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Not even a farewell to the fans of the group?!
    If she doesn't say goodbye correctly, she will show that she is ungrateful, Keyakizaka46 put her in the world of music.

I think this will be good for the group in the future, and I believe that eternal centers are always a danger.
    Goodbye, Hirate.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Looks like they're in the same position as AkB.

The group name is known by the GP but the members themselves ain't

From the current squad ; Only Yuuka and probably Berisa got some relevance in public.
    This group needs a Fukujin since they're about to reboot .

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

Maybe Techi's withdrawl was just a matter of they haven't reached an agreement on a graduation schedule? Or maybe she just didn't want to spend a long time 'leaving' the group?

14. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    it means she's exiting with some lingering 'resentment' or 'ill-will' thus no formal farewell stage.
    ill-will towards who? management, some members. nobody can really confirm

15. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

She probably go solo and still be under S&F and if that happens then she and mgt are in good terms.

Which would mean the Withdrawal is due to Member Fallout or Internal struggle between them.

For a group that have Kizuna as their Motto ; It seems that their bond ain't sustainable and firm.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    We have seen it coming. The Hirate solo MV published in youtube was out of nowhere (when the single MV hasn't been even released by now). The song probably was intended as a coupling song. Maybe Hirate was planned to have a graduation single too, and that's why the solo MV. There must be something happened after the senbatsu announcement that made her to just leave it. Oda Nana probably had it bad after the scandal, and then thrown out of senbatsu. Not sure what's happening to Suzumoto. In my opinion losing Suzumoto at the same time with Hirate's is a huge loss. Suzumoto Miyu carries the personality of rock (Shida Manaka too).

17. Tenote

Tenote Kenkyuusei

She’s not ungrateful, far from it. She most likely wanted the group to move on from her as soon as possible.
    If she got a graduation concert, then you all would have been complaining about her stealing the attention. Techi and her fans can never win. Just let it go.

She may have chosen to withdraw because she didn’t actually want to graduate, yet she had to quit because of her poor health condition. I don’t get why people are looking for an internal conflict at all costs.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Tenote

Tenote Kenkyuusei

New Tokyo dome trailer!! Finally some joy

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  19. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Talking about graduation concert, I always pictured it would take place in Tokyo Dome, even Nissan if she left when Keyaki reached its peak. And then, when Kado wo magaru was sung at Tokyo Dome encore, I couldnt help but feel like she would leave soon (though i tried to deny this feeling). Tokyo Dome concert really served as if it's Techi's graduation concert. She was the main chara, she did both opening and ending on her own and on top of those, TKD main theme "Be yourself" is kinda similar to Hirate's last sentence of her blog "僕は自分に正直に生きたい/I want to live honestly with myself", she wrote this sentence twice. If they could have her do graduation concert, i bet its would have no difference to Tokyo Dome - except she did a solo con.

Maybe they had decided her leaving long time ago, that's why they rushed Tokyo dome. Other normal groups usually announced Dome concert at least 3 months beforehand, Nogi too, Hinata even announced it 1 year sooner why in Keyaki's case, it was only 1.5 month. Mngm might scared that it would be hard for a Keyaki without Hirate to reach Tokyo Dome soon or they just couldnt let her go without a Dome.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

Wow, this is big news. Really big news.

Working my way through the conversation to this point the thing that strikes me the most is the sheer level of conjecture going on. I think the reason for Oda and Suzumoto graduation is pretty cut and dry given the timing, but with Hirate withdrawal we are really in the dark.

I know given the scale of what's just happened that speculation is a pretty normal response, but let's not get carried away with our imagined narratives. If and when more info comes to light we might be surprised...

For Hirate going forward as a solo talent, I think she'll do just fine. I don't mean that in in a flippant way, I just believe in her to succeed at whatever she decides to do next so there's not much more to add.

As for the group, there's some serious rebuilding, and potentially rebranding to do. The groups brand is definitely damaged by the rumours (true or not) of bad management and bad member relationships and bullying circulating. I don't really see how this can be rectified from a public image point of view beyond just waiting out the passage of time, though behind the scenes (if there's any truth to the rumours) there's quite a bit they can be working on.

My action plan going forward if I were managing Keyakizaka46 would be:

- Push ahead with 9th single release in 1st half of 2020.

- Don't abandon the groups angsty and dance-oriented image, at least not at first.

- Obviously re-shuffle the line-up for the single. W-center of Risa and Yuipon to project some stability. No senbatsu and undergirls system for the single. It sounds like Sato hiatus and Oda and Suzumoto graduations are effective immediately, so we only have 22 active members right now.

- Allocate some sakamichi kenkyuusei to Keyaki in the first half of 2020. I remember seeing on general Sakamichi thread a rumour about them being allocated 3 to Nogi, 10 to Keyaki, 2 to Hinata. If this is true, it would work just fine to allow for senatsu and undergirls system in the future.

- New members from kenkyuusei to become active as of 10th or 11th single.

- 10th single to be released in 2020, at least 2 singles this year. "Fresh" centre from 2/2.5 gen

- No immovable centre going forward

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4