1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. James Torralba

James Torralba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui_T8
    people on twitter are always on the edge, if their oshi isnt selected, they always rant, its understandable because its their oshi but some people really are overreacting..

2. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Audition? Pffff..

Just say management prerogative.

Believing the spiel that some audition which evaluated talent, skills, and attitude as what was implied before as a means of selecting members for each MNL activity (singles senbatsu, concert reps, etc) is a disservice and insult to members who never or rarely get selected. It implies they are less talented, or worse, has attitude problems.

Nothing wrong with the members chosen but to imply that they are more deserving than any of the other members and were not chosen simply because management wanted to is laughable.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Who's implying this here? No one's implying... only you, maybe?

Eh. I think like this once before but after I pay to go to events and talk to the right people, it clears things. I've talk to a few parents, staff, and girls themselves during handshakes and it lessens doubts. That's the beauty of having your own 48g, you can actually go yourself and verify your questions, instead of babbling anonymously in an internet forum. Unless of course, you are a direct relative or a parent of an aggravated member, then you have valid reasons to be this obtuse. ;) Care to share?

But hey, I cannot force you, or anyone, to change to this fair thinking, giving benefit of the doubt, etc. You believe what you want to believe. As they always say, whatever floats your boat, man/woman.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  4. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Believing that an actual audition/screening is done as a means to choose members for activities in itself implies that the chosen members are better.

At best, there might be an actual screening process done but to actually trust that the choices were based on merits and not on management's preference, that's BS.

Also depends on whose relatives you talk to.

Some parents and relatives of members are not oblivious to "GIO48" though of course they tend to be hush about it.

5. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I rest my case. This guy's obviously not living in a real world of adults and stuff. He's still like in a rebellious state or something. Always have a problem with the system, does not trust the process, major trust issues and paranoia, etc.

lol just kidding man. I know you're not a kid anymore. I know that you know that a bit of favoritism and politics is just a normal part of the workplace. People deal with it all the time. More often than not, employers are always relying on their most trusted employees, those who always produce good results, those who show determination and will and are not shy to flaunt it . These things are usually misconstrued.

I don't exactly like some things the management is doing, but I somehow trust that they are taking care of things. Whatever they do, I trust that they're thinking for their good. It's their company anyways. It's not made for a single person or single group of fans. Their moves will not please you all the time.

Not trying to pick a beef with you, buddy. I know you'll learn.

Carry on guys. ;)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I almost completely agree with your statement. I just disagree a bit with "those who always produce good results" since even AKS has been stubborn with some of their pushes that end up not getting enough returns in terms of the popularity of said members. Failed pushes do exist.

I whole heartedly agree with "Whatever they do, I trust that they're thinking for their good." Thing is, what they think is good may not necessarily be what's best for most members, not what's best for the group, and sometimes, probably not even what's best for them in the long run.

But hey, we're mere fans who wish to enjoy whatever they are offering so whatever.

What annoys me the most though are fans who bend over backwards just to justify management's decisions beyond prerogative and favoritism.

Favoritism exists, its happening. Acknowledging it doesn't make you a bad fan.

7. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Just to add.

From a Business Student's perspective, when you are representing your country/your company to an International Stage, you HAVE to bring out the Big Guns and Flex them.

In the case here, those girls are MNL48's 'Big Guns'.

8. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    That's the thing, who in the world decided that those girls were the big guns? Management of course.

They are not bad choices of course but another set of girls or maybe replacing some of the selected members would still probably be fine.

That's what bugs me, fans making it seem like its one of the following:

a. The chosen members were the best choice based on an objective evaluation ;

b. It should be 365 AEP senbatsu members;

c. Management has no choice and it simply cannot be other members.

Management made a choice. Its again from a pool of members who usually get chosen for senbatsu and other opportunities. No problem, management has all the right to do as they please.

But to give merit to these girls as if they deserved it more than the unchosen girls is a disservice to the other members.

A totally different set could have been chosen and we can still give made-up reasons as to why those members were chosen by management.

9. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    I think the "MNLoves" are the only ones complaining about the selected members to the extent of "leaving the fandom because their desired lineup didn't get picked" or saying "oust HiHE" or something along those lines. They really have a sour attitude.

Meanwhile from the other groups, I know there are some bickerings too there but not to that extent of cancer-ness

10. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

What is there so called "Ideal Line up" then?

All I hear is everyone getting mad at the Management but what about them? What do they want?

11. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    The ideal lineup is the Kami 7 plus rank 8 from the 2nd GE since the Asia Fest in Shanghai falls under 4th single promotions. People were just expecting it since it seemed like the pattern was the top 8 (or top 10 for the Bangkok one) members of the senbatsu for that single promotions since that's what they did for the PFC Senbatsu in Bangkok,

• Like Like x 1
  12. megatram

megatram Kenkyuusei

One thing I observed is MNL's SSK changed the perspective of the fans. Pre-SSK we do have some toxicity but not as bad right now.

Exposure is a bigger thing in MNL compared to other sister groups since not ranking in SSK = graduation and this I think what worries most fans.

Sent from my X300 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. AlexWulf

AlexWulf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
  14. AlexWulf

AlexWulf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
  15. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/which-fandom-do-you-identify-with.22968/

I made a thread before asking Stage 48 members to choose only one group from all of 48G and Sakamichi groups, and the result showed that the votes for Nogi + Keyaki combined were more or less the same for the votes for all 48Gs.

Now I am wondering which fandom do stage 48 members identify more? 48G? Sakamichi? And now that we have Izone and we were even allowed to vote for Korean members in the annual stage 48 poll, I won't be surprised if there are stage 48 members who joined the forum because of Izone. I will put International 48G as a separate choice for those who identify more as a fan of an international sister group than any Japan 48G.

I intend to post this in all general threads so as to invite the fans of each group to cast their votes. Downside though that is that those who subscribe to more than one general thread will get a notification for this more than once, so sorry for the notif.

Thank you :)

16. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

High levels of toxicity after the 2nd SSK craziness.

Bickering has been everywhere. MNLoves, some of us getting anxious lately about what will be the next move.

Hype is down lately.

17. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Waiting for Mnlaugh to come back so I can see the girls whack the shit out of their heads with you hammers.

Or go out in some crazy kooky adventures and see all of them scream and make silly faces.

Always gets a laugh out of us guranteed

18. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

They just got a new Seifuku.. nice!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    So hows the HSE today guys?

20. Shinga Kurukato