1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

He/she even disliked when I said the MV was shot in La Mesa Ecopark because I was married there. Who dislikes that kind of thing? :p

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  2. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

Anyway, it seems like most fans want TaluSaku to be voted in myx and radios but that might lead in Aitakatta being forgotten?

I'm really not sure what should be the focus now.

Also, any updates on the theater? I really want MNL48 to have a kaigai member but I guess no theater yet means no kaigai yet.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  3. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    We...should focus on one. United front is ALWAYS better unless our fanbase is already that big (I doubt it). If you ask me, I'd vote Gustong Makita, but idk about the rest of you.

Idk about the Kaigai thing. Haven't heard anything. But honestly, even when we get the theater, I kinda doubt we will. I mean, what would be the point when we already have Sayaka and Kaede?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

I think the point is to help promote whatever the company is helping to promote. If you're holding out with Gustong Makita! while the company is trying to promote TaluSaku then it can actually divide the fanbase. Also, Gustong Makita is a month old already. It's legit ancient to Filipinos, no?

5. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Not if you're counting in Filipino time ;)

But no. You're right. We should follow management's promo schedule. I just said Gustong Makita because I personally like it better. But I'll defer to promo schedules as needed.

• Like Like x 3
  6. erukruu

erukruu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Random stuff:

• I like how they changed senbatsu (if it's legit), and if it's still based on grades / improvements, damn Colleen and Rans are really good girls (Promoted from Trainess -> Japan -> 2nd single senbatsu in 5 months).

• I like how MNL48 (everything) is improving. The uniforms from the leaked pic don'tlook like stiff now unlike Gustong Makita uniforms. I don't mind if they're still copying AKB48, I think it's also their way of saying "hey we are AKB48's baby sister!" to slow madlang people XD

• I doubt they consider going to sexy AKB48 route. SNH and JKT did well with their own styles of HebiRote. If they still gonna copy MVs / get inspirations from MV, I think they'll go with colorful MV, and yes pajama party is a good idea. If beach MVs will happen, I always think they'll do ala- JKT48 Pareo wa Emerald.

• I just dislike Talulot of Sakura MV's lack of storytelling.

• Hoping they'll gonna tie-up KFC with any (good lol) product advertisement / OST of a show. MV and future dance challenges alone might won't help making KFC remember forever.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

Maybe KFC (the fast food chain) should get the song KFC into a commercial :hehe::hehe::hehe:

But really a commercial song is a good idea for Fortune Cookie... anything that can make it viral.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Mogerus

Mogerus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    To anyone who hasn't heard the MNL48 overture, this vlog fortunately recorded it. I'm still yet to hear it (headphones are banned on the office floors) but some of the comments confirmed it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Lol for KFC MV maybe Chowking ad is also appropriate. Ya know like 'Fortune cookie and Chinese themed resto' matchy matchy. They can even add an MNL48 inspired Fortune cookie in their menu like they can put a paper inside with Oshi inspirational quotes and picture. Wont be surprised if Chowking gets a sudden boom in their business. Wotas might even find these paper quotes a collectible hahahaha.

• Like Like x 5
  10. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    NO KENNIN! NO KAIGAI! it's kill exclusiveness and uniqueness of the group! may be except one-shot unit in akb b-sides and top girls in akb sembtsu (like Cherprang)

Overture here is the most suitable and sounds normal than in Japan and other place (because english is very common in Philippines) lol

11. Musica

Musica Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    An FB Friend of mine a die-hard KPop Fan shared a leaked photo of MNL48's KFC MV shoot and a screenshot of AKB48's KFC MV, no caption only emoji. This person never shared anything about MNL48 only now, I guess she is hyped by those leaks. Anyway I scrolled down on the comment and everything are positive, someone said that their uniform(KFC) makes them more legit. Basically no bad comment from these casual people about that uniform, they find it cute. I'm not saying that all casual people thinks the same but I guess most of them.

All the bad comments, rants, and complains came from us fans and I'm afraid that we might create a bandwagon hate against MNL48. As far as I remember some elitist wotas are the one who fueled the bandwagon hate before.

I'm not tolerating their scheme, costume 1, 2 & 3 are original but they prefer using a replica. Why, I don't know, but I guess there's a good business reason behind it.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  12. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

you are right that seems like these kind of comments might as well came from fans. I wasn't around the showtime era, but I can imagine actual wotas complaining.

Although on my personal experience - lately my mnl48 fandom experience is happy / good vibes in general I think we are going to the right path now.

I feel like mnl48 finally doing kfc cements their official sister group status. This is the most important time for us to be united and support mnl48 all the way.

(really, I'm even beginning to like HHE now based on the tweets I've read)

• Like Like x 3
  13. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    MNL48 will appear this Halloween Sa Centris Walk for Coslandia!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    I took a closer look at their uniforms and their actually very different from the original uniforms, only the colors are similar. They used sailor collars and it kinda has a marine/sailor look to it, from a far at least. They didn't use boots too :O

Edit: Oh wait, the front liners have similar uniforms with the originals xD I think I was looking at the unders for this single :^^;:

15. hypothalamus

hypothalamus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    hypothalamus_
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. AlexWulf

AlexWulf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    "Hugis pusong Friend Chicken" (heart shaped KFC) that could be a thing

17. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    So. Seems they're teasing the shit out of the Halloween costumes.

Question for everybody: do they or do they not have Halloween Night ready, and will we see it at Coslandia 2018?
    Discuss.

18. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

I don't think they'd do that so quickly after pushing a new song...

19. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    First of all, it's not even new. Talulot was a coupling song with Gustong Makita, and actually in terms of real time debut, we heard Talulot FIRST. I wanna say...May 2018, on Showtime(?)

Second of all, how do we know they don't have it at least prepped? We know for sure Heavy Rotation is blocked, even though they only performed it the one time. And KFC is also in the works, which came as a surprise to me. Based on that, who's to say they don't have a couple more prepped or in the works?

There's no proof. It's all speculation. But I'm just saying, if pretty much ALL the girls are gonna hype up the Halloween costumes that much, there's gotta be a reason right? Or...maybe they just like Cosplay(?) Idk. But there feels like there's something here. (To me lol)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I also thought of Halloween night but I also doubted they would have it this early. But yeah, it's also possible they have it prepared. It seems the girls are very busy nowadays. We have plenty of songs/performances to expect: Heavy rotation (although they have performed it once already), KFC, Iiwake Maybe, and if they will also do Halloween Night, then it's really a great surprise.