1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Ah, you're right. Thanks. They need not to prioritize getting the masses now but they definitely have to achieve Japanese/Korean level production (for MVs, variety shows). And also, for the love of God, they better step up in promoting/marketing the group. I still don't know what's the deal with media partner ABS-CBN but all I know is that the latter is NOT promoting the girls. They've been to ABS' radio station, and that's it. On TV, you will not see a second of the girls outside It's Showtime.

For me though, we still got the upper hand because of our strengths. The girls are really talented, has pleasing personalities and visually appealing. The core fans--the wotas--will ensure that the fandom will never die. Their media partner is the country's giant, has more reach than the rival Viva. The back-up (AKS and 48g sisterhood) is at our disposal. It all depends on how these will be utilized. Borrowing the words of Sheki, they are "mas angat, mas maappeal, mas cute, mas magaling".[hehe] So please HHE, don't F this up.

(I really hope they are reading stage48)

As for me, i'm not a wota but I will declare that i'll be on MNL48's side through and through. I've oshied Marsela too much now for me to back out. lol

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. Musica

Musica Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    I'm still confident with HHE, I think they already knew about this long time ago and maybe they have plan for this. And for the contract with ABS-CBN, they usually do it like this; 2 movie, 4 TV guesting, 1 Teleserye, well its like a checklist I don't know if the same thing goes with MNL48. If so, maybe HHE is waiting for this moment to check that checklist.

And this is weird but I guess the MVs are not that appealing because they want to show the competitor that they only capable of that.( Too much anime )

Anyway casual people doesn't know that MNL48 is a Jpop thing unless you tell them.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

She is still a Viva artista so if she records music, her label will still be Viva Records.

AKB48 isn't exactly putting out high quality MVs at the moment. SKE48's recent single and MNL48's own TnS was technically superior. If they can just get rid of this "idea" that they need to make us "feel" things they don't know how to make us feel, then I think things will be better.

The only thing "collaborative" is that the Filipinas are looking, sounding and acting like Jpop girls and are required to sing Japanese songs with Taganese translations. Some people want to say, "that's the beauty of the Philippines! We can be anything!" (and truth, my wife wants a collection of styles so she can be a different girl whenever she feels like it). Then again that's why they win so many pageants -- they give up what is a "Filipina" as soon as there is some other popular aesthetic. Hopefully this group becomes popular for being Filipino at heart rather than Japanese and that way MNL48 can start sounding like they are Filipina again...

Alternatively we can have a Filipina Idol group and a Japanese Idol group (with Filipina members) and people will just enjoy whatever they want.

I think that you can't simply assume that MNL48's reach will be greater just because their media partner has a bigger reach. If that media partner doesn't put in the effort and Viva does, you bet your no diggity that MNL48 isn't going to get out very far.

Well that's a problem, then, isn't it? If the girls are obviously not portraying a "Filipina" image, they are mispronouncing English (which is kind of a big deal and will make a lot of people cross their arms and stick up their noses). I mean, yeah that's the point of AKB48 overseas groups. "Japan is awesome, look at how Japanese we are and you like it so Japan is cool!" But MNL48 seems to be the only group hell-bent on saying good bye to who they are for the sake of appearance. Of course this is directed towards management and not the girls themselves, and obviously the rich 25-35 year old males are going to keep this group afloat, but it would be interesting to see someone go to Mall of Asia and "interview" truly random people and play the songs to see true opinions. At least that's the gist I'm getting from a small handful of sources.

4. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    i was notice that mae batocael name in Ppop gen is "angel"from angelica and she is no. 10 on the introduction ;)

5. megatram

megatram Kenkyuusei

Considering MNL48 was announced in 2016, I have a feeling that AKS approached Viva first about forming the group (maybe alongside HHE) but something they disagreed upon and just end up with HHE. This is where Viva got the idea of the AKB system.

Viva entertainment is actually better for MNL48 if you think about it because they are not tied to any TV networks and will have a better promotion since MNL48 can promote their singles to any TV shows from every TV stations (well mostly between ABS & GMA).

Overall, a rival group is good not just for the girls but for the management as well. Aki-p even created Sakamichi series so AKB has a rival.

Just a conspiracy:
    What if Viva is the one pulling the strings about the almost nonexistent TV appearance of the group?
    Viva have a good relationship with ABS, some of Viva artists are in ABS like the talk of town this past months who is one of the best singers in the country that moved to ABS and one of It's Showtime host is a Viva talent.

Sent from my X300 using Tapatalk

6. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Let's do a 10 minute Youtube video piecing together the most outlandish clues. In fact, the more unbelievable the better. We'll throw some actual strong arguments in there briefly, so as not to tip the scales. We need it to be easily believed (meaning weaker arguments are a plus) and find some really pretty girl to share it on her IG.

Sarcasm not Sarcasm.

I don't know.

It just sounds fun. :D

7. megatram

megatram Kenkyuusei

with a good soundtrack :D

Sent from my X300 using Tapatalk

8. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

It has to be a Viva Records soundtrack!

9. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

Oh btw do you guys know? this new girl group has a Japanese company backer called RTM.

I think the more correct thing to say is this group is created by Viva and this RTM company.

10. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Yup. I saw it in the conference... it was a long conference. :cold:

11. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

I believe JKT and BNK did not have a First Rabbit MV yet. Or do they have now?

In that case, then MNL will be the first overseas group to have one.

12. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

I would love to see a First Rabbit MV by MNL48. The lyrics just makes me cry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

I can't believe how impressed I am with MNL. They seem so polished and professional as singers and entertainers. It's almost as though these girls have been practicing idol hood for months knowing what the public wanted from them once they became MNL48. The Filipino people are absolutely going to fall in love with their newest idols. I'm simply amazed how good AKB songs sound in this language.

• Like Like x 3
  14. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Iiwake Maybe sounds so good! Might be my favorite release from them so far, hope it gets a video!

15. Yuuri28

Yuuri28 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otayuuri
    I'm sure that some members check and read around here since this site is easy to find.

16. James Torralba

James Torralba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui_T8
    i dont know if its a coincidence or not but when an administrator in this forum was asking for sources about members of each team, Alice posted on her FB page the list of the names of members from each team... Coincidence? or are they lurkers in this forum?? hehe :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    If that's the case, then Abby, Sayaka, and Thea:
    I love you! <3:cute:<3

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

I think the girls received the worst reception ever in their recent Dagupan mall show yesterday. :(

I think this mall show was run by ABSCBN, it seems that the girls were only guests, it was a hashtags mall show.

So yeah, apparently, some girls were given broken mics and the audience boo'd them. :(

It broke my heart. A lot of us feel bad in twitter, check the #MNL48 tags.

A lot of the girls posted after the incident in IG, Sheki's specially just bring the feels >>

From sheki's ig story, they sang First Rabbit in their car on their way home. T.T You can hear the sadness.

https://twitter.com/instagram_MNL48/status/1071374711953575938

Firs Rabbit lyrics, you can apply them to MNL48 journey so far. T.T

19. Mmmarky

Mmmarky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sunrui
    Twitter:
    MmmarkISS
    Sad to hear that they were boo'd. It was very disrespectful and hurtful to say the least . But knowing it was a hashtags event I'm unfazed. The event was a great learning experience for the girls and it will only make them stronger.
    To add onto my few cents, out of all the international groups, I personally believed MNL48 had it very rough. The hate here is more appreant comparing. But oh well.
    In the future, MNL48 will grow and gain a lot of fans both inside and outside of Philippines that the haters will think twice when saying or doing these hurtful things

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

Some update on that.

The tweet that said they were boo'd blew up but now people are saying they weren't boo'd and the mics belong to HHE but they did not test it.

LOL Idk what to believe anymore.

All I know that the girls were sad and apologetic on their IG afterwards.

Edit:

if the video does not show watch the video here
    fancam of Iiwake Maybe in the mall show

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018