1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Other than Sheki, Abby, and Sela?

Brei, Belle, Rans, and Coleen are good bets.
    I can also see girls like Quincy, Sayaka, or Faith make it in, maybe even Tin with a comeback (low-key hope that one happens lol)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Most likely Kami 7:

Sheki
    Sela
    Abby

Potential Kami 7/ Most likely to be in senbatsu:

Jem
    Brei
    Aly
    Faith
    Alice
    Colleen
    Rans
    Belle
    Gabb
    Sayaka
    Quincy

———
    But tbh there is a big chance for a major re shuffle because non wotas will get involved. The big 3 will likely stay in their position

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. UnagiSushi48

UnagiSushi48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    UnagiSushi48
    —-

My prediction for MNL48’s Second General Election:

- The “Sousenkyo” will proceed as “normal,” even though NOTHING about this is normal. The Next Girls (#33 to #48), Undergirls (#17 to #32), Senbatsu (#08 to #16), and Kami-7 (#01 to #07) are announced

- After the ranked girls pose for pictures, they will step aside to reveal the unranked girls. The girls will be crying, the fans will be crying, and the cameras will be filming all of us crying because this is exactly what they wanted... “exciting” footage. You’re using us, and we know it

- SUDDENLY, A PAUSE

- Surprise announcement #01: Nobody’s graduating! You’re all staying with HHE (MNL48’s management)!

- Surprise announcement #02: Everybody who didn’t rank will be part of the newly-formed Manilazaka46!

- Surprise announcement #03 (My personal theory): The girls who ranked the LOWEST in the Second General Election will get the HIGHEST rankings in Manilazaka46, supposedly to “encourage” the lowest-ranked girls, but in REALITY to have an excuse to promote the second generation aspirants nobody voted for

—-

This is my honest prediction for MNL48’s Second General Election. Because why else are they taking in second gen aspirants they know fans will NEVER vote for?

4. erukruu

erukruu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    (I actually don't like the "Manilazaka46 or anything PHZaka46" thought, or like AKS/HHE will going to have -zaka series here. I know too this is just a silly idea from Day 0 of MNL48 but thinking about it, if AKS wanted a -zaka46 outside Japan, the ideal bet is/was Shanghai but, they proceed with Team SH instead.)

Finally someone started MNL48 SSK Prediction discussion!

Prediction:
    - 01. Sela 02. Abby 03. Alice 04. Sheki
    - Aly entering Kami7 or 8~10
    - Ash, Faith, Jem, Rans, Coleen, Ecka, Brei, Dian

I doubt this election will be ~*rigged*~. There was an AKB48/AKS Election committee present present during the 1st election, knowing there's no money involved. So maybe this time, it'll be the same since you need to buy the votes now plus more secured. I'm guessing one or two 2nd Generation aspirants will enter 32~48.

If no one from 2nd gen gets in, I think HHE will still handle them. Sad thing, they'll give the aspirants/new talents more jobs (endorsements, acting, etc.) instead of giving it to MNL48

5. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    i don't remember if this was already said, but where will they hold MNL's SSK?

6. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    It's Showtime...again

7. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I think the result will still be wota driven with casual fans having little effect. One vote costs like more than a hundred pesos right? Like what's the cheapest merch with a voting ticket?

This is very unlike the usual tv showing voting that only requires a text or online vote.

MNL48 isn't mainstream enough yet to get much casual voters.

And with that, depending on the wallet of Ash fans, I do believe in her kami 7 or worst case scenario, senbatsu chances. Isn't it that she's one of the members who usually has long lines in HS events?

Though admittedly, she's at a disadvantage in terms of management push so maybe I'm too unaware how much the fandom of pushed members have grown.

For top 3, I'll be surprised if anyone breaks the Sheki, Abby, Sela trio. Would personally want either Sela or Abby to be #1.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    thanks, so we will witness again a reverse line up announcement, Senbatsu first then under girls to Next girls, with UG and NG announcement not on tv but through online streaming, like last year, one effect of this SSK's rule of mass graduation, the suspense for the UG and NG, I'm excited about their 3rd single, but not the latter part of this SSK.

9. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I hope Showtime let more wotas in to watch the show, at least more than the usual. Its such a letdown if something this big for wotas will be mostly witnessed by indifferent Showtime audience.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Idk the order but my prediction is:
    Sela
    Alice
    Sheki
    Ash
    Faith
    Abby
    Idk who the last one is tbh

Btw the girls who got to have a second time slot for the 2nd day of the HSE are:
    Abby (Got cancelled since I think her family had plans already)
    Aly
    Alice
    Faith

Idk about the second to the last time slot since I left already.

Aly has a very rich fanboy, I was standing next to him in the registration area and he bought 251 copies of the PFC CD, so I’m assuming all of those votes will go to Aly. I think he also spent 55k during her Seitansai.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  11. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    55776229_2077094945673117_2448201774708817920_n.jpg
    21 2nd Gen candidates and 9 kks

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    WTF That's a lot of 2nd gen candidates. That's almost half the 48 member limit that they have.

13. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    I wish them the best I hope they'll get accepted by fans !

14. itachi101

itachi101 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otanao
    The way HHE handling MNL48 is so mess up,
    but glad to see a lot of pretty 2nd gen there,
    compare to the first gen

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    We really need to come up with a better "--zaka46" Name to tell you the truth

16. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Magsazaka46[hehe]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

The word without the number sounds like an exotic piece of meat

• Like Like x 1
  18. AlexWulf

AlexWulf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    MNL48 live at Umagang Kay Ganda to promote their upcoming 1st Major Concert Living The Dream.
    English subtitle is now available.
    Click the link to watch the video
    https://youtu.be/QpnZ0tR0EGU

19. welp

welp Next Girls

A person running an MNL fanpage predicted MNL48 was mere an experimental project- beta version, the group would be disbanded within few years and a new alpha group debut.

But, this business is different. It's emotion based business. Idol marketing needs fans to heavily emotionally attached into the product which is the idol. This yearly elimination will disrupt the growth of the (one-sided) bond between fans and idols.
    Due to this survival election fans will either
    - refrain from being too emotionally investing onto the idol or,
    - invest onto only members within top 20 or 30 who likely will survive more elections to come.

This election system also will undermine the dynamic within the group, trigger the hostility. NGT's scandal showed how members may make wrong short-sighted decision for votes and, it can go even uglier in MNL as the survival is on the stake.

1. How long is this trip? The training will require at least 1 month to be effective. The longer the period, the costlier the trip is.

2. What the point of the delay? It will be even more painful as you have attached stronger to the eliminating member. And, joyful? to whom? Surely many members don't enjoy the election of any kind.

All 46 groups have their names based on actual "slopes" in Japan.

20. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Where is Yoshimoto and Hinata "slopes"? o_O

• Like Like x 1