[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
  2. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Oh, I see. Indeed I saw it too, but isn't it an old costume they wore in their first AKB Kouhaku?

3. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Did an image search, yeah back in 2015.

4. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    [コンサート | バラエティ動画] 171014 テレビ朝日・六本木ヒルズ夏祭り SUMMER STATION 音楽LIVE 2017 ‘NGT48’ | Roppongi Hills Summer Festival SUMMER STATION Music LIVE 2017 ‘NGT48’ (2017-10-14)

http://48videodouga.net/video/5618

I have to say the video editing for this video is so badly done. Focusing only on the 'prettier' girls instead of the center or who is singing. Zooming in on the same few girls in general.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  5. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I guess posting it here is more preferable than doing it inside the thread of any individual member.
    At today's handshake event NGT members held a special stage performance, which happened to be "free to record". Here's some fan cam videos of them singing Midori to Mori no Undou Kouen together.
    https://twitter.com/sekincyo/status/919548269885251584
    https://twitter.com/nyan_rion93/status/919536767090302976
    https://twitter.com/ka_kenta/status/919534814411350017
    https://twitter.com/MT423/status/919535715796389889
    https://twitter.com/rikaiwai/status/919529463330717696
    https://twitter.com/267Masafumi/status/919566678974799873

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  6. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I thought the editing was fine, given that it's the prettier girls that I like anyway I'm not going to complain about it.

7. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

Cameraman fell in love with Mahohon [hehe]

Did they change "NGT48" center from Katomina to Ogiyuka?! Horipro aren't subtle. Ogiyuka got as many centers as Okappa in this stage lol

8. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Thanks for the links! I can't believe how short Katomina is. /Been a while, so forgive me/ Just like Takamina. [hehe]

9. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
  10. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Go easy on him. He was busy all this time defeating Bowser and even so he mentioned NGT. [hehe]

11. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ KJU looks more like Bowser Jr., tbh :lol:

I watched the vid... and think everyone got a pretty fair chance at the camera.

Lots of shots were of the subject singing plus two others on the side; you could clearly see everyone in frame?

I didn't see all that much concentration on Maho either, compared to Rika, Kitarie, or Katomina.

Don't see how you'd concentrate on 'non-prettiest' in lieu, as they're all in the background, lots of them moving around while the front row sang their lines? Even so... in just the first two songs I saw Kado, Yurian, Naachan, and Mau clearly in frame and facing the audience?

NGT is clearly a more cohesive and inclusive group than some others in 48G... but there's reasons for a front row roster, therefore reasons to work hard to get there. Even so -- the back rows still got fair time in this video.

12. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Watched the clip, looked pretty normal to me. About same screen time as the girls would have in a NGT stage.

They also brought the back row to the front during MC time. And eventually into the Mutomu song they all got more screen time gradually so its fairly distributed me thinks.

And this is the full team formation. Front row members is obviously gunna get more screen time than the back row girls. But I guess you are partially right about the guy who edited the video has special preference for extra Mahohon, Miyajima, and Miharu screen time lol

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  13. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    A few days ago, to commemorate the first year of administration, Nikkan Sports ran this interview with the current governor centered around NGT48. There were some interesting tidbits that I wanted to share, so for those curious to know what he had to say about them I'm posting a translation of it here.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

- One year has passed since the appointment as prefectural governor. Can you tell us your impression of NGT48?
    Governor Yoneyama: At first, I had no real understanding of what it meant (for fans) to support this local idol group bearing the name of our territory. After I went to observe their activities, I've been thinking of them as a symbol for our region, in a new different form. Just like Albirex [1] is one, so is NGT48. I think that the main reason for their support is their resolute, hard-working feeling. I already knew, since before becoming governor, that they were doing activities in close connection with the local community, so I kept an eye on them. Watching them truly gives one courage, and I wish them to do their best. When you see them, they give off this cozy homelike feeling. Or in other words, you get a sensation that everyone is friends with each other. And then, there's also this sense of frankness and simplicity, which is very typical of Niigata.

- At this year's Sousenkyo, NGT48 members made great strides. Even the governor posted about that on Twitter.
    Governor Yoneyama: I started paying exceptional attention to the Sousenkyo after becoming governor, and so I followed it. I'm greatly pleased that they progressed so much.

- There was the impression that the whole region of Niigata was carrying up the members.
    Governor Yoneyama: Exactly. I don't know how is it in the other regions, but when this March I traveled to Osaka's Namba (where NMB48 is) for a business trip to do an inspection, I also took the opportunity to see the NMB48 theater and sense the atmosphere in there. Even in the other regions, they have distinguishing features in their own way, but only in NGT48 is this model of a close connection with the local community so well-defined. I don't mean to speak badly of NMB48, but I didn't get the impression that the local people there were following them with fondness, like it happens with NGT48. In this sense, doesn't it mean that NGT matches the sense of unity that the people of our prefecture hold? Matching the character of the people of our prefecture, or to put it better: as Niigata is surrounded by mountains, I get that the desire to support people from your own territory is strong, which I think is perfectly fitting.

- This August, the project for the 150 anniversary of the opening of Niigata's port, "Niiport", was also launched. You appeared at the conference along with the group members. What will be the future involvements with the prefecture?
    Governor Yoneyama: I think it would be great if they could take up the role of regional symbol, with people supporting both the local events and the group, allowing both to develop. Of course, I also wish all other idol groups to do their best, too.

- It's a mandatory question, but who is the governor's oshimen?
    Governor Yoneyama: Kitahara (Rie)-san, Ogino (Yuka)-san, Kato (Minami)-san. Kitahara-san, she announced her graduation just the other day, but she has always worked hard up until now, and in NGT48, amid so many young people, she managed to keep everything united and organized. During her long career, I believe she went through many hardships, but inside this group -- where there are also people native of outside the Niigata prefecture, sure, but Niigata natives account for half of the members -- she experienced some splendid group activities. Even when I had a talk with her, she could handle her responses in a very flawless manner.
    Ogino-san, isn't she even more of a hard worker than Kitahara-san? The way she rose from the very bottom up to the first position at the preliminary results at this year's Sousenkyo, this imagine is identical to me, who kept failing and failing in every election. To some extent, I'm somewhat projecting my own life experiences on her.
    Kato-san, since we are both related by acrobatics, I can't help but support her. Speaking with her, I could feel that she indeed loves it. Between two people with the same preferences, we can comprehend each other. (laughs) That's when I thought we have lots in common to discuss. If there'll be a chance to do a collaboration together someday, then please, I would appreciate to take part in it. We can have some enthusiastic talk, too.

- That backflip at the commemorative event for the NGT48 theater's first anniversary, back in January, was astounding.
    Governor Yoneyama: I told them, "Please, let me do it myself". I had no athletic experience, but in order for the stunt to get a good reception in my election campaign I attended the lessons and practiced with all my strenght. Unfortunately, it didn't prove popular back during the election campaign, so I concluded that if I could do it (again) after winning at the election it would receive attention at last. [2]

- Kitahara-san said she would like to hold a big concert in Niigata.
    Governor Yoneyama: Sure thing. I would be glad if they could do it at the Denka Big Swan Stadium. Since this is an infrastructure managed by the prefecture, we can, within a reasonable extent, cut down the price of the rental fee (laughs). I think that right now NGT48's momentum is amazing, so I believe they have the power to fill up the Big Swan. And, for my own part, it would also be nice if in the future I could perform with them once again at some event.

---

Notes:
    [1] The Albirex Niigata is the leading football team in the prefecture. Speaking of comparison with sport teams, this reminds me how Akimoto loved to draw parallels between his idol groups and baseball until a while ago, instead. For example, I faintly remember him saying long ago that he hoped NMB48 would become what the Hanshin Tigers is for Osaka's baseball fans. Does it mean football is bigger than baseball in Niigata? Guess you'll have to take into account regional differences, sometimes.

[2] In case you're asking, yes, Yoneyama did really perform a backflip when he participated to the anniversary event, just with the help of an assistant to hold him correctly. You can check some photos of it in this report, by scrolling a bit down to the middle of the page. As mentioned, this wasn't the first time he tried it, here's also a video of him pulling the same stunt during said election campaign, uploaded on his Twitter account. Still pales in comparison to what Katomina can do, but hey...

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
  15. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
  16. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Thanks for the translation. It seems NGT48 doesn't have the level of government support as STU48 where in the case of STU48 the local government is supporting it financially.

The Niigata local government will assist/sponsor events on request where it benefits Niigata locally or the promotion of Niigata nationwide. Passive support.

Like someone said earlier, the Niigata Government readily assist with NGT48's activities and events in Niigata as they have seen how Niigata City benefitted economically directly and indirectly when AKB48 held the 8th Sousenkyo there last year. NGT48 has basically placed Niigata onto the idol fan's map = tourists. JR East's Max Toki 315 service and any of the Max Toki services get featured/reviewed on YouTube. And how the Governor viewed the 1st single music video as a great PR video for Niigata.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  17. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Good news: Starting from next January, NGT48 will participate in a collaboration with a certain Sanrio character. They will be featured on a series of merchandise (cushions, clear files, apparently keychains, etc...), which will be offered as lottery prizes at Lawson stores all over the country.

Bad news: It's not Cinnamon... :(

https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/akb48/news/201710250000775.html

Update:
    An announcement from the official NGT Twitter account just came in:
    https://twitter.com/official_NGT48/status/923317794963255297
    Here's also a link to the Sanrio website containing a promotional poster showing a picture of all available prizes
    https://www.sanrio.co.jp/news/kt-ngt48-atarikuji-yokoku-20171026/

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Looks like the Team Surprise costume is now NGT48's. The colours Red and White are really versatile! Goes with any situation or stage decoration for a girl group like NGT48.

The Hello Kitty's Red Ribbon just blends into the costume. They just replace the normal red ribbons. Just noticed all of them are wearing white neko mimi. Kitty White is also in NGT48 costume, a nice touch.

They can either go all red or all white and fans can tell they are NGT48 from far a away.

Special website at Sony Music
    http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Info/ngt48/special/

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    STU is mainly supported by Setouchi DMO (Private big companies and organizations from the Seto innner sea 7 prefectures.). Local governement support level I'd say is as the same as Niigata's, passive support as you described iti. Or else I mean the boat could be done by now lol

http://setouchitourism.or.jp/en/

Collaborating prefectures and organisations
    The prefectures of Hyogo, Okayama, Hiroshima, Yamaguchi, Tokushima, Kagawa, Ehime.

Chugoku Economic Federation, Aeon Retail Co., Ltd. Chu-Shikoku, Kinki Nippon Tourist Chugoku-Shikoku Co., Ltd., Suntory Holdings Limited, Shikoku Railway Company, JTB Chugoku-Shikoku Corp., Times Mobility Networks Co., Ltd., West Japan Railway Company, Japan Airlines Co., Ltd., Nippon Travel Agency Co., Ltd., Mitsui & Co., Ltd. Chugoku, Rakuten Inc. Travel, Recruit Lifestyle Co., Ltd.

Setouchi Brand Corporation
    In April 2016, the Setouchi Brand Corporation was established with the investment backing of 46 businesses and financial institutions from Setouchi and other areas. It aims to maximize the value of the Setouchi region by cooperating closely with The Inland Sea, SETOUCHI Tourism Authority to develop businesses able to receive and meet the increasing tourism demands created by their promotion, and by offering various services conducted through the Setouchi DMO membership organisation, such as business development support, administration support and capital investment in tourism-related businesses through the 9,8 billion JPY tourism revitalization fund.

Investors
    Banks : 12
    Governmental financial organs : 1
    Credit unions : 6
    Transport operators : 7
    Manufacturers : 5
    Retailers : 4
    Others : 11

From the website

They are getting close to it. Maybe Sanrio will notice soon lol.

20. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    ^ Setouchi DMO is made up of The Inland Sea, SETOUCHI Tourism Authority and Setouchi Brand Corporation.

Government involvement is at the Setouchi Tourism Authority.