[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka

if the video does not show watch the video here

NGT x Hello Kitty (at Lawson) stuff. It is actually materialised.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Us? How many times did you vote?

AKS don't manage Nogizaka and Keyakizaka :fp:

Because NGT's singles sales kinda suck?

4. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Laptops nowadays don't even come with a CD drive. They buy the electronic version off iTunes and play it on their laptops and smartphones.

5. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

I know lol was referring to AKI-P and then their management sorry I worded it weird and here:
    The way other groups really established themselves were through sales and obviously NGT wotas have a different view on it. And if you think about it, because NGT came into the AKB world much later there are different ways to get that attention/show support (like Ogiyuka in sousenkyo). NGT is still establishing itself which is fun/exciting time atleast for me because there is still room for improvement, to achieve more, set goals, and gain more fans! Hopefully the sales can improve in the future but either way I'm still going to support them they are sweet/hard working girls I love them all :)

I know right lol and it has always surprised me that places like Japan and Korea can still get these immense sales on physical cd sales, it's pretty much non-existent here in the U.S.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  6. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

Can we talk about sales and other stuff, I'm really curious of people's thoughts on these things lol

Total Oricon Sales for 2017:
    HKT 533,215
    NGT 356,068
    SKE 341,217
    NMB 319,748

NMB and SKE had only one single and HKT and NGT had two if I'm correct. Number wise I thought NGT did well in 2017, to me sales are sales and money is money but I guess since it was two singles it's not what people are used to as far as sister groups lol thoughts? Is it a mistake for fans to direct some of the money for potential sales to other things like sousenkyo and request hour for a group that is still establishing itself? I mean for me sales are important. And then the sousenkyo, because its still pretty big considering all the news outlets covered it last year giving NGT great exposure. Request hours, is it worth it just for the fact that it's very meaningful to the girls? And who benefits from what more, record label vs. company. I have so many questions lol

7. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Personally, singles can be bought later (and at a discount too (new) ). RH and SSK has a time limit and they affect the girls directly. Money savy fans will do the math with the limited finances.

8. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Being placed in Niigata is both a curse and blessing for NGT. Being far more rural than any of the locations of the sister groups makes gaining a large following a very difficult objective. The posters in the other threads are right that NGT simply don't have as many fans yet (despite having great releases and fantastic members too.) Considering this I think the sales are doing very fine with lots of potential of growth.

On the other hand we make the absolute best from the resources we have now. Due to the strong regional connection of NGT to the local population, Niigata fans are buying passionately as much as they can do support this group. We have quality fans over quantity right now. People are way over-exaggerating when they say it is 5 LOL. Simply 20k diehard fans for example could dominate every voting based ranking but wouldn't too much for sales.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

Yeah I have to agree. You summed that up better than I could lol

10. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    We know the fanbase is limited but always being told there are less than you think, gets a bit old like a broken record.

11. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Anyways mofu seems to be doing a bit of voice acting with other girls from the AKB48G.

12. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
  13. Rem

Rem Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    Yeah, applications open in February for a month.

14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  15. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Team G (whatever the number is when they form)! Took them long enough to get 2nd Gen, but I think with the interest many of the draft girls had to join NGT48, it is an opportune time to get new members. Yay, 1st Gen KKS, get ready for a promotion.

NGT48 is filled up to the brim with girls who have failed lots of auditions but still really want to be an idol seriously with a passion
    Aina is like Ogiyuka.
    https://twitter.com/sr_ngt_48/status/956861686266306560
    Other members who came with previous failed auditions from the top of my head
    Gatanee, Rika, Seiji, Nanako, Kado, Mahohon and Kani. Who else?

They all came with previous training under their belts.

I am actually glad to see them thrive and carving a niche for themselves in the group.

16. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    This is the only thing that matters. what matters the most.

17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  18. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Also coming with the 2nd gen audition there'll be a collaboration with Niigata City I-Turn Sokushin Jigyou, a prefecture-run enterprise which provides financial backup and assistance for people moving to Niigata (some may remember how Ayakani was featured on one of their web commercials back in the beginning). Turns out they'll be providing the facilities for the auditions, as well as give assistance for the members moving there post-selection.

• Like Like x 2
  19. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    For NGT, they give the feeling that not only the sister group is fighting against the rest, its like an entire prefecture is standing alongside fighting the same cause.

20. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    NGT48 has won over the hearts of the people of the prefecture. Not a easy task to emulate.

And for Mahohon on J-Melo to say that NGT48 activities within the prefecture involves planting rice...........

Imamura said they are aiming to get 20 members and I hope those D3 that didn't make it, will give it a go here.