[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

I just noticed D3's Sato Kairi is in this video too!!

2. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Rika, Ogiyuka and Hinatan tried out for Team 8 and failed. Now they are monsters in NGT48. Sometimes you can't tell from the few weeks of training or years of training in the case of ogiyuka, who are the real diamonds in the rough.

3. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    A bit late, but here's a translation instead. It's a bit technical, but it's worth reporting in full to understand how the "Encouraging migration to the prefecture" theme of this audition is very strong once you read the whole explanation.
    Now that I check it, some passages of the post are restated on the audition page itself, in the event outline at the beginning.
    Regarding the opening of the 2nd generation audition

2018/01/26 21:23

Thank you for your constant support for NGT48.

This is the NGT48 theater manager, Imamura Etsuro.

At today's theater show, we had the chance to announce the opening of the audition for NGT48 2nd generation members.

On today's morning, we also communicated to media reporters about our decision to hold the 2nd generation audition, in a joint press conference with the city of Niigata where the mayor Shinoda Akira also participated. Also participating, out of the members, we had Captain Rie Kitahara, Kato Minami who was born and raised in the city of Niigata, and Tano Ayaka who moved from the distant Hyogo prefecture to live in Niigata city, each of them also sent their own message for the future 2nd generation.

Since we revealed the information via an announcement during the theater show, I hope that it will be subsequently picked up on local newspapers and television, as well as web news. I expect that, after seeing it, many candidate applications will be collected coming from all over the country.

Having followed NGT48 closely since the time of its launch, mayor Shinoda will participate at the last examination of the audition in the role of judge, and representing the city of Niigata.

With that said, I would like to explain why we have announced the opening of this audition together with the city of Niigata.

From the beginning, ever since its formation, "attachment to the territory, contribution to the territory" has always been upheld by NGT48 as one of its main themes, engaging in their own group activities in consideration of their connection with the Niigata prefecture. In particular, together with the city of Niigata, in which the NGT48 theater is located and which is the center of their activities, they brought animation to the city as a whole on the occasion of the 2016 Senbatsu Sousenkyo. In addition, such as in the case of the members (currently Kato Minami and Nakamura Ayuka) serving as PR ambassadors for Niigata city Minami-ku, they have built up a positive relationship of mutual trust together.

Based on this experience, we have decided to hold the 2nd generation audition in collaboration with the Niigata City Migration Promotion agency, under the cooperation of the city of Niigata. Holding an audition in collaboration with the local government is an experiment unprecedented in the history of AKB48 groups.

For minors and young people in general, it is certainly not an easy matter to depart from the hometown they have grown accustomed to, and move out to live in a city they don't know. I have been hearing of how many people, even though they aim to become idols, have to renounce to pursuing their dreams for this reason. Then again, it is also extremely natural for the parents who take care of them to feel uneasy about it and oppose their decisions. Even within NGT48, there are many natives of this prefecture who have said "I would have never sent in my application if there weren't a Niigata group".

On the other hand, inside of NGT48 are also present 12 members who transferred from other prefectures to the city of Niigata, on the occasion of their admission to the group.

〈 Members who transferred from other prefectures to the city of Niigata 〉

Ogino Yuka (Saitama), Tano Ayaka (Hyogo), Nakai Rika (Toyama), Nishigata Marina (Tokyo), Murakumo Fuuka (Akita), Yamaguchi Maho (Aomori), Yamada Noe (Saitama), Kado Yuria (Ishikawa), Kusakabe Aina (Kanagawa), Seiji Reina (Saitama), Nara Miharu (Aomori), Nishimura Nanako (Nagano)

* Nishimura Nanako resided in Tokyo at the time she passed the audition

Nearly all of them are members who had no relationship with Niigata until then and arrived to the prefecture for their first time on the moment of taking part to the audition. Even so, after being selected they moved in to live in the city of Niigata. In these following two years and a half since then, even now, as they are going through their normal daily lives, they are all carrying on with their NGT48 activities with vitality, no one excluded.

Even here, what makes all of it possible is of course the understanding of their parents and guardians, but it's unmistakably also thanks to the fact that the city of Niigata and all their associates offered their collaboration in many aspects of NGT48 activities.

Even we, on the management side, are putting to practice the experience gained when we accepted the 1st generation members in, as well as the network we established so far, to be able to greet the 2nd generation with a full-fledged system. For example, in the case of school students, the issue of school transfer and enrolling into a new school is going to come up. Even then, we'll work painstakingly to make accommodations and assist them in the choice of schools and anything else.

I wonder if you have noticed it during the explanation so far, but in addition of course to gaining new members who'll then be responsible for NGT48's future, one more important goal of this audition is the opportunity to send out the message of "Niigata as an easy-to-live city brimming with charm".

One thing I just happened to recall is the "Living in Niigata Promotion Movie (Alias: AyakaniTurn)", produced shortly after NGT48's formation in 2015, as a joint initiative with the city of Niigata. Oddly enough, it turns out to be a movie production that put into images the concept of today's collaboration in an almost foretelling way.

Set inside a scenery that is familiar to every city resident, it was a production which portrayed Tano Ayaka (Ayakani) as she moved out to live in the city of Niigata -- so distant from the Hyogo prefecture she was born and raised in -- upon passing the 1st generation audition for NGT48. Although being confused by her new life inside an unfamiliar city, through her interaction with her companions and the people in the city, she is able at last to get acquantied with the new environment and make her first step forward as an idol.

I was told there are people who, after watching this piece and learning about the attractions of Niigata, came to choose this city, some as the workplace where to move to for their new employment, others as the place where to spend a second, new life over again. (Please refer to "Niigata City Migration and Permanent Residence News Site - Happy Turn")

I would be glad if, like with "AyakaniTurn", even this current audition would turn into a chance to promote the city of Niigata, not only toward people who aim to become idols, but also to a larger public who's contemplating an I-Turn here.

Of course, we are ready to give a warm welcome not only to people from outside the prefecture, but also to those applying from the city of Niigata itself and within the Niigata prefecture. After Kato Minami -- who took her 1st generation audition saying that "I want to become a NGT48 member and bring enthusiasm to the Niigata I was born and raised in" -- and her companions, we would like to have many other people full of love for their own territory join in from all over the Niigata prefecture.

Together with the members, we look forward to meeting with new talents who'll be able to spread knowledge of the charm of Niigata to the whole country, through their activities in NGT48, while living in the city of Niigata.

January 26, 2018
    NGT48 theater manager
    Imamura Etsuro

---

Footnotes by me: I-Turn is a Japanese term that indicates moving from a larger city to take up permanent residence in the countryside, especially of another region, either for work purposes or for starting a new life.
    https://www.creativevillage.ne.jp/21854#head_3
    Other terms to describe certain typical migration patterns in Japan include U-Turn (temporarily moving from countryside to city, as in for studying at the university, then back again) and J-Turn (from countryside to city, then to a smaller city that is nonetheless closer to your hometown)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migration_in_Japan

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Thanks for the translation. I don't know why, but I feel really touched that NGT48 really putting effort into 'walk the talk'. They are really helping to form the framework with the authorities. This is getting larger than your ordinary AKB48 or any other idol group, in the way of influence.

Man, I feel the nuggets and their management are breaking the mould of what is expected. Not only are the girls hardworking, management is no slouch too.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  5. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka

if the video does not show watch the video here

NiiPort x NGT48 x NIIGATA Chamber of Commerce and Industry

Ekkiden race around Niigata city.

Ogiyuka
    Renapon
    Noepii
    Rittan
    Aina

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  6. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Found this website to track NGT's theater schedule and each member's track record.

http://ngt.fanweb.jp/index.html
    http://ngt.fanweb.jp/index2.html

If I am seeing right Tsugumin missed none of the regular theater lives and only one of the special lives over the last 2 years with over 300 theater appearances, holy cow!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    In Tsugumi's case do you mean only "劇場特別イベントPart1 「NGT48 No.1お○カ様 決定戦!」"? Because there is also "下の名前で呼んでみて!研究生スペシャル" - it looks like two kenkyuusei shows in addition to the first event. ...she scored ALL KKS shows apart from two? 2D3 are going to spoil her records definitely.

8. mousou

mousou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    i really don't know much about NGT, but recently i gain interest on them.
    after watching this video,

if the video does not show watch the video here
    is this their new theater(劇場) or they already have theater but doing renovation ?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Neither, the NGT theater has always been like this since the beginning but they are doing an introduction of the front and the backstage for the fun of it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Do you think they will replace some of the pics on the wall since D3 and 2nd Gen are coming in. End of an era :p

11. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Yeah I meant 劇場特別イベントPart1「NGT48 No.1お○カ様決定戦!」. The 2 kenkyuusei lives I didn't count since it seemed to be kenkyuusei only.

12. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
  13. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

14. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Arinko, it's in your own link:

#柏木由紀 #松井珠理奈 #北原里英 #荻野由佳 #向井地美音

15. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

I really hope we don't get more than 20 kks. It would be great if the promoted D3 and 2G would perform in the 2G kks stage like the current members.

16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    https://www.sonymobile.co.jp/special/3dcreator/

Winners for the Sony Xperia X NGT48 3D figure photo contest are out, for anyone curious enough.

Sekai no Kato at the Moscow subway, Hinatan at Chura SUN Beach in Okinawa, Kitarie in Minatopia, Renapon on the baseball field... Over the last months, I saw a lot of nice entries from the NGT fans I follow on Twitter, but I must say that the winning contestants all chose some pretty relevant settings for the background of their photos, well done. (*´ω`*)

• Like Like x 1
  17. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

Are there english lyrics out for any of these songs? I've been looking I can't find any and google translation doesn't do them justice :cry:

First Single:
    Shutsujin
    Junjou yoroshiku
    Shita no na de yobeta no wa...

Second Single:
    Boku no namida wa nagarenai
    Otona ni naru mae ni
    Daite yaccha sakuragicho
    Nani Ka Ga Iru
    Gikochinai tsugaku densha

I found the other songs on http://stage48.net/studio48/singles_ngt48.html and of course "Sekai wa doko made aozora na no ka?" on the MV.

18. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Guess who got himself a Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact just last week? It's fate! Thanks for sharing!

19. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

I wish there were lyrics too, especially the SNS song </3
    I loved Katomina in Moscow, Kitarie at Niigata's "Minatopika", Ogiyuka and the lights, Hinatan on the 2017 SSK location "Toyosaki Villa SUN Beach", and Renapon with the baseball.

The picture of Hinatan with the lucky cat ornaments was pretty hilarious :p

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  20. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

Same, it's one of my top favorites. The translations online actually do a pretty good job for this one but there are some lines where I don't understand at all and I really want to know :( I am not smart enough to learn Japanese lol