1. Results for our 11th Annual Stage48 Member Ranking are being revealed! Click here to see it and check how your oshimen did! Updated daily.

[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    I can see Riko's test results become a laughing topic already, Ayakani potentially too. :lol:

2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Twitter:
    speranzom
    To commemorate Kitarie's last appearance at the handshake event, I noticed that today NGT's special stage featured one more special rendition of Yume no Kawa in her honor. Like in the previous occasions, even this time the stage performance was "okay for filming", so there's currently a lot of recordings of it floating around on Twitter and elsewhere. For ease of watching, I tried to find and put together the videos shot from the best angles. So, feel free to click on the thumbnails and enjoy. ;)

Yume no Kawa performance proper, with NGT members - In the middle of it the music stops and... well, I'll let you find out by yourself (´∀`*)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

After-performance talk - While at it, Ogiyuka also explained how they came up with the idea for this surprise, after being inspired by other members doing the same at the time of Acchan's graduation concert. Which is perfectly in line with the fact that the performance/skit itself originated as a humorous take on Acchan's graduation song, after all. And Kitarie: "I feel as if I've been singing Yume no Kawa more than the original performer, lately". ( ´∀`)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Photo session corner before the end of the stage - My favorite part is actually when a fan asks Kitarie to look in their direction, and she jokes by replying "Can you please say the name of the magazine, first?" ( ´∀`)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

---

Also, some photos from the aforementioned photosession. First row is fan-taken, second row is from the SNS accounts of the participating members, actually:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

---

More miscellaneous video links:

Youtube videos:

===

On other news, I think everyone should know by now but it doesn't hurt to remind that on March 25th, TV Asahi will air a "NGT Home Party" special to celebrate Rie's graduation. The program schedule has already been published here:
    http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ch/contents/variety/0240/

However, we didn't get to watch a preview of it until recently. Well, here it is at last! Looks like there's going to be a bit of everything. And according to what had been said on Gatanee's Showroom, even graduated members are set to make an appearance. ( ´∀`)

And, yes, some may recognize the house as the one where the members spent Valentine Day together. Some of the girls even posted group photos set in the same living room on Instagram and Photolog back then, but they didn't mention until a while later there was also a TV troupe filming the gathering for some sort of television program.

In the meantime, TV Asahi had been publishing some making-of shots of the party at regular intervals through their Twitter account, ever since its reveal.
    Those are the ones so far but many more are probably going to be posted until the day of the broadcast, so you may want to keep track of it using the search function...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. goratnik

goratnik Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    goratnik
    @Cisalpine88 can you please provide sources for Twitter videos? I can't deduce accounts/tweets from direct links to media.

4. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    His twitter has many of those retweeted: https://twitter.com/speranzom

TV Asahi huh? Isn't that TV channel huge? This might actually reach a lot of people.

5. Arinko

Arinko Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Nakamura Ayuka
    This makes it a nationwide broadcast, not just Niigata.

On other topic
    I didn't expect Okappa's election promise to be performed on AKB48SHOW. I thought it might be maybe on Niigata's Friend like Hinatan's.

It was a good and heartfelt performance. Very calming.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  6. Renappon

Renappon Kenkyuusei

[​IMG]
    The 5 D3 members will participate in the 3rd single HS events, as announced on Twitter today.
    The photo is from yesterday's Center Examination.

7. Arbios

Arbios Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    aww they're so cute,bangs everywhere lol

8. Renappon

Renappon Kenkyuusei

I am really upset none of the 1ki members uploaded photos with the girls from yesterday's event ;_;

9. Arinko

Oshimen:
    Nakamura Ayuka
    didn't nanako do it?

10. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    The pictures taken of the draftees are a little bit unflattering but still cute lol

11. goratnik

goratnik Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    goratnik
    Oh well, Five still looks OK. Is their (full, there was probably one song or something already, but I don't know the date) performance debut announced?

12. hrs0722

hrs0722 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Cindy Yuvia
    Twitter:
    skyx22
    I hope 4th single will be released in October or November. Is it possible?

13. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    3rd single isn't even out yet :lol:

14. hrs0722

hrs0722 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Cindy Yuvia
    Twitter:
    skyx22
    I'm just hoping that next single will be released in autumn....

15. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
  16. Arinko

Oshimen:
    Nakamura Ayuka
    ^ same here.... hoping someone would upload it

17. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    https://twitter.com/TVTOKYO_PR

Apparently Rika is going to co-host a TV show every single weekday in Tokyo. Looks like a pretty huge opportunity for her to me. I doubt she has much time for idol activities now when she is occupied every single weekday, especially for those located in Niigata.

People speculate in the Rika thread that there will be an announcement on Sunday during the theater performance.

What do you guys think she is gonna do? Leave the group for AKB maybe? From what I see and read of her she doesn't seem to enjoy Niigata that much anyways and I don't see her having much affection to the group as the other members. I personally can see her leaving with this job.

18. Arinko

Oshimen:
    Nakamura Ayuka
    Mofu, Aina and Yukirin are in the senbatsu for the AKB48 Exam Centre results and in the Kami-7s too.

19. Arbios

Arbios Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i think a transfer to akb is possible since they're starting the new teams soon

20. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Big fat meh, honestly.

It is also worth noting that this is yet another program produced by Akimoto, so beyond all the pretenses of surprise, like "Woah, it's so unexpected that this offer came to me" (just wait for it...), it's not like we don't already know thanks to whose connections this position was "earned" in reality. Hardly a matter of pride.

Which brings me to make one more due observation.
    It's interesting that when it comes to experimenting with units inside the singles and other such in-group activities, we see a conscious effort to always keep things balanced, as well as a careful consideration of each member's characters and qualities and how they can harmonize when together. But at the same time, it's always the same face that gets pushed on outside jobs again and again ad nauseam, totally disregarding whether the job she's given suits her or not in the first place (and, more often than not, with justifications tacked on that sound just like blatant afterthoughts), all at the expense of other members, not to mention to the detriment of the whole group's image.

From this disconnect, it's clear to see which decisions actually come from the NGT staff who has always worked closely with the members, knows them very well and has their best interests at heart -- and which decisions on the other hand come from the mothership management which is appallingly out of touch with the situation inside the sister groups and just acts upon hasty judgements, persisting with the same failing, unchanging strategy like a bunch of stubborn donkeys, no doubt out of pure laziness and apathy, just so they can call it a day and have one thing less to mind about.

That the 48G brand has long been dead in Akimoto's eyes is sadly common knowledge. You can't expect him to still sit down and review all the members one by one, to take note of who is actually deserving and who has potential to spend. You can't trust him anymore to make well-thought, far-sighted deliberations. This can be easily inferred from this laziness and apathy with which he goes about managing the sister groups.
    Even if it's an ill-conceived goripush that only ends up in a mess, all that matters to him now is to pull some tokenistic effort every now and then, just to prove to himself and the ignorant outsiders that he is at least "doing something", no matter what (or how asinine it is), since the only other option would be just to leave the group to languish.
    In the end, those who suffer the most from this are us fans who are stuck for years with the same rushed lineups, the same ill-advised projects, the same trite pushes nobody asked for, and can do nothing about it.

Considering how it also had the misfortune of being created in the same year as Keyakizaka, NGT is lucky to have survived so many years in the face of obvious neglect, any other group would have collapsed already. But it is exclusively thanks to a caring local management and a tightly-knit and resourceful pool of members, who acted on their own initiative and took matters in their own hands. Together.
    Clearly not because of Akimoto's involvement, which has frankly become something unwelcome (and almost ruinous) by now.
    For all their faults about creating a tiered hierarchy within their group, in one aspect I have to applaud the STU management for their smart move: perhaps they saw the writing on the wall soon enough, and that's why they demanded as a fundamental condition that all the members be moved under their own proprietary agency, where they could be under their more direct care -- far away from Akimoto, who was basically relegated to the role of simple rhymester. I wish something similar had happened here as well.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 3