[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    • Like Like x 1
  2. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Wow thank you!!

3. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
  4. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    • Like Like x 1
  5. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    https://twitter.com/yuka_ippaiwarae/status/975714172200562688
    https://twitter.com/yuka_ippaiwarae/status/975717467430383618

Ogiyuka voicing her dissatisfaction with the AKB senbatsu and aims to have more NGT members to be chosen. That's why I think she is amazing, she does everything to not only promote herself but earnestly cares about the whole group.

This issue is also why I am skeptical of Rikahime. She gives me the impression that she is only into the whole thing for herself which is not something entirely wrong, but makes me feeling indifferent towards her as fan of the whole group.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  6. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

Thank god we have someone like her, I hope she throws a fit to them honestly we all know it's wrong and it's so obvious what is happening lol I'm trying not to be upset at Rikachan because it is my first instinct as a fan of the group. But she is just fighting for what she wants and she's not holding back which aren't bad things. I can't pretend to know if she doesn't care for the group or if she is doing this all for herself. I think Ogiyuka is on point for stating that their should just be more members chosen. I really feel bad for Hinatan like it wouldn't have hurt them to add one more girl to the senbatsu that rightly deserves it

7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Is it by Group or by Team? Teams S, KII, E, KIV, and TII only have one member each. There are five other teams with only 2 members. Only Teams A, B, and 4 have more.

8. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Seems like I was judging Rika unfairly lol, today in her showroom she said the same thing, that she and Ogiyuka will work hard so more NGT members will get chosen. If these are her sincere thoughts then I have nothing to complain about.

9. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

I doubt that. What she really means is that OgiYuka will work hard and continue to coast on her Agency ride, while she will do nothing and do what she does best (steal ideas from other people's IGs).

10. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

Honestly not even sure I'd like to talk to the people/person calling shots lol I think it depends on a lot of factors (agency obviously a big one) and who the individudal members are in the group/team plus who they are trying to push at the time and obviously AKB teams are going to have more
    She really said that? I'm actually surprised she acknowledged it lol yeah the real question is if she is being sincere, if she is then that is great
    Negative omg lol you must really not like her haha

11. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Since I haven't seen this kind of team-oriented attitude from her in the past I am also not really convinced. Let's see how well she does with her new job as TV cost host. Would be amazing if she somehow got more people interested in the group than just focusing on her "unorthodox" behavior. Gotta admit that she got a much better platform than anyone else right now.

12. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    While I agree that, being an NGT48 member, the more she can promote the group, the better, just remember that this job has nothing to do with her being an NGT48 representative for some AKB Senbatsu job. As some have already known, it's an Aki-P's initiative project, and it could very well have been given to Riripon (were she still alive) or any other member in AKBG that they found skilled enough for the job, so not the exact place for promoting Niigata, Toyama, etc. (Again, it'll be great if she can.) Last but not least, even though I myself think she has lots to improve working in the showbiz, I highly doubt that she would have got this job if she were just a plain "orthodox" idol.

13. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    You are completely right that she can't go out there and shove the NGT brand into people faces. What I am personally hoping for is that she always has the group in mind when doing her activities, similarly how Sasshi does, so when a rare opportunity opens up to, for example, give a funny anecdote related NGT then she will not forget to do it.

But now that I think about it, that would be the 2nd step anyway. The first step is to make herself interesting enough that people go out of their way and check her background, which would naturally force them to watch NGT stuff. Achieving this would be plenty enough I guess.

Maybe I am having unrealistic high hopes for her but currently NGT as group and its fans are thirsting for some national recognition with no platform to do so.

Now that I talked so much about Rika...time to watch the latest Niigata no Friend episode and see how well she manages her return to Toyama :omg:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  14. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I agree Rika's current opportunities are not related to how well she is doing in NGT48. It just so happens AkiP is looking for someone to do the roles and Rika is available/suitable.

15. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Agreed. I also wish she had more room for it. Let's see how Kitarie's departure and the arrive of new members will impact her, as she will have to shoulder a veteran member's responsibility too.

You got a point. I myself didn't have much interest in NGT48 (even though I knew they existed) until I watch Rikachan on showroom and then I started to follow the group. It may work this way for people watching TV too.

Other than what I said above, I think these TV talk shows are not much efficient to promote the group, they can just talk that "they exist" and divulge some CD releases. I guess if those shows had a music segment where they could show the group singing (even pre-recorded), it would get people interested more.

NGT48 has Niigatta Friend, which isn't bad (considering other groups in worse situation) but it is only local and I find it too much slow paced, some episodes being really boring. It's good as a secondary show but I wish they had something more dynamic where they showed more member per episode (not only three), like STU's SETOBINGO (I don't know if it's nationwide tho, perhaps @marioworldakb can tell us about the extent of their shows). I wish they had a program with skits and performances like those in AKB48 SHOW!, but again, it should be a studio show.

Particularly speaking about NGT48 members, I find Anju a very underrated member by (NGT or AKBG) management. Her talk skills are above Rikachan's (even though they're different styles, while Rikachan's more suitable in situations when she talks alone, Anju is better talking to various people). If she had more exposure for people to know it (even doing more Showroom), these kind of job could come to her too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Okay since I got summoned don't purge me for posting STU stuff XD.

Just for NGT fans reference sake...

STU regular tv shows so far in quick summary:

National Level - Setobingo, Imousu

Regional Level - STU x Chidori “Setouchi Shoujo Ouendan”

Local Level - Seto-rip, Setochare, STU no Ganbarima-SU, STU-dents

Stream broadcast - STU no motto STU, STU no LINE mo Ganbarima-SU, STU ga iku Etajima Hakken Jani

Regular radio shows

Regional - STU48 no Chirimen Party

Local - STU48 no Setouchi no Mune no Uchi

Not to mention 1 app game which is called STU48 no 7narabe, plus also they will be included into Aikabu the stock market app game which NGT is already added in. Annnnnnnnnd don't forget the Dice Caravan game which is also coming up real soon which includes all SG as well.

Note*: for tv and radio shows I haven't counted the one time shows or guest appearance ones, and some random super mini series which is like border line idk if you can even count that as a show.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    If just NGT had this power...they would have conquered Japan already lol

Btw I am trying to figure out why the number 321 (today's date) is related to Hinatan:

https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=#321の日

Does anyone know?

18. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    That's simple. 321 are read as "san ni i" in Japanese, which sounds like "Sunny" (Using the various Japanese readings of numbers to form words phonetically is a legacy from when, back in the early 90s, Japanese youth used Pocketbell pagers to send messages to each other, which were devices that could only display numbers. The more you know.).
    This in turn fits with Hinatan's sun imagery (the kanji in her name, as well as the catchphrase and Twitter icon that derived from it), hence the decision by fans to dedicate this date to Hinatan.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    Lol, this reminds me of 7th of March, which is Minaday. Do all the members have stuff like that?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

20. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Thanks I would never have guessed it by myself :cute: