[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    Aren't radio shows recorded long before the actual airdate at times though? ;-;

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Yeah, half a month earlier apparently. It has also been announced that she will be absent at the handshake event tomorrow.

3. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Hopefully this is the right subforum - I thought I'd post some very short impressions of my first NGT individual handshake experience from the IHS at Tokyo Big Sight on 3/17/18. I was mostly there for Keyakizaka (full newbie's report here, including background). I guess I consider myself a new/casual NGT fan; I randomly found the Junjo Yoroshiku video at the end of last year and loved it, and also find myself weirdly mesmerized by Yuka and her performances. I've gotten to know the group a bit more since then, but have a long way to go.

In any case, I was going to be in Tokyo during this event, so I thought I would try to get tickets. This was my first Fortune Music event, so I didn't know what to expect or how many tickets to get. Yuka wasn't available, but I applied for five others; two each for Nakai and Hasegawa, and one each for Sugahara, Yamaguchi, and Yamada. I won all 7 tickets in the lottery. Unfortunately, as described in my Keya post linked above, I didn't make it to NGT slot 1, so I missed seeing both Rika and Rena.

But in slot 2 (12-1:30), I managed to finish one Keya member, then move from the West to the East hall and use my four Nogizaka tickets as well. Finished there, I moved over one room to the NGT event. The crowd here was by far the smallest of the three, but a bit larger than the STU48 IHS I had attended there two weeks earlier. Strangely, I think it was held in a larger hall (at least the East Halls feel larger), but with the way it was arranged the space was much tighter.

I had no problem getting in through security and to the handshake area, and didn't bother pre-validating my tickets since from the Keya and Nogi events it seemed that unlike Chara-ani, Fortune staff don't care about the address. First up was Riko, with only about six people in line ahead of me I didn't have to wait long. Compared to my previous experiences that day with the passive Keya and Nogi members, meeting a 48G idol was a breath of fresh air. She enthusiastically greeted me, and I explained I was from the US and excited to meet her. I told her I liked her and her performances, and urged her on. She thanked me and said she would do her best. As I was pushed out she leaned after me, waving happily.

Next I found Maho's lane, which was much busier with about 40 people ahead of me, so I had to wait a bit. Whoever the member was in the neighboring lane was having quite a fun time, with various shouts and laughs coming across. When I made it up finally I just had time to introduce myself and tell her how much I liked her and the songs before getting pushed away.

I then stepped back to the barriers to write up my thoughts on that handshake and look up Noe's lane number, when I noticed the staff were closing the entrance to the noisy lane next to Maho, the last one in the row. And then I saw it was Noe's lane. I rushed up, along with a group of about five guys who I guess had been waiting to be the last handshake. They of course happily let me get in front of them, and I went right up to Noe, who was distinctive in a black shirt and bright red suspender-pants.

I'd been speaking almost exclusively in my broken Japanese all day, but when she saw me Noe immediately opened with a loud "hello!" in English. A bit flustered I answered with hajimemasite, then "hello" back and we laughed as we shook hands. We both kept switching back and forth between English and Japanese, so I'm not sure what we said in which language now, but she asked where I was from, and I told her the US. She was very excited and I complimented her English and told her I liked her and the music. Now being pushed away, I thanked her and she responded with a happy "I love you!" in English. I then went around the barrier to collect my stuff and headed down the exit lane when she popped over to the side of her barrier and shouted in English, "Thank you! I love you America!" very loudly, over and over while jumping up and down and waving. I stopped and thanked her again and waved back, then kept turning to wave while slowly backing down the lane. I'm not sure what happened to her next fan because this kept going for a little bit. The large crowd waiting in Maho's lane and at the end passageway thought this was all incredibly amusing as well, so I made a quick nod and smile to acknowledge their laughs and applause as well.

Done with my NGT tickets, I then grabbed lunch and headed back to the Keya IHS. But the NGT members were definitely a highlight for the day. For one they said more than just hello and thank you, and actually asked questions, and caused a commotion. Actually I guess Noe reminded me a bit of my IHS with STU's Kai Kokoa. So I can't complain at all about my NGT experience, I certainly left with a smile. Hopefully one day I'll get a chance to go back and meet them again.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Thank you so much, I think this is the first English handshake report I have read for NGT...and just as expected from the NGT girls, enthusiasm is one of their strong points. Glad that you enjoyed it!

This group is actually full of interesting members, I hope you can meet them too someday. Not to mention that I would love to read more of this! :cute:

5. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

I hope we get more information on this soon it's worrying me and I really hope everything turns out ok for everyone

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  6. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
  8. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    It'll be the full version of what they showed today.

Nice program especially to NGT48 fans. Enjoyed watching them play the games and the girls talk. :1st:

9. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Today's was already quite long!

10. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    Could go on for 6 hours and i'd be the happiest man on earth LOL

11. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Omg I missed it and nobody seems to have it uploaded.

12. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    The girls are so used being themselves in front of the camera. Noisy bunch they were!

You can rewatch stuff up to seven days ago on fujitv.live.

13. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Nvm someone uploaded a 1080p 10GB version on AO, god bless! Can't believe there will be an extended version of this already long program lol

14. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    OMG, thank you so much for sharing this, @Arinko !

15. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Small start to go national. Take small steps to capture viewership.

16. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Oh wow, this NGT house party program is a gift to humanity. It felt short despite being 2 hours long. They should extend it as much as I can, I wouldn't mind.

My only gripe is that the temporal groups didn't nearly stay long enough. I wanted to see some of the more reserved members having a good scene too. This is why need a regular studio show!

I pray for it!

17. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

YESS I just watched the full 2 hours without even knowing what they were saying half the time and it was amazing lol I could watch something like this all day I can't believe we're blessed enough to get more next month haha

Hinatan crying after doing that thing with the earrings was so cute omg

Ogiyuka's letter and noepii crying towards the end broke my heart :cute: plus it brought up all my emotions about Rie graduating again I can't believe it's getting so close

On the other hand the pocky game was so funny I died at noepii + kitarie hahaha lots of laughter and tears I loved it

• Like Like x 1
  18. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Loved the part when Rie tilts her head to finish biting the pocky stick ... oooo ERO !!

Noepii + kitarie is really classic indeed LOL

The kissing face punishment ... hell yeaaa :blush:

Noepii becoming the king to command the 3 of them .... lol ... the moment everyone realise Noepii was the king .... all their mind went OMFG with a font size 48 hahahaha

the final part when Rie starts highlighting the flaws and the letters ...... the sadness feeling really start swelling up. :cute:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Noe was determined with the pocky game.

20. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    Noepii being like “やった!“ when she got Minamon to pretty much indirectly kiss her. *grin* Let alone the comment she makes later on to her in that confessions(?) part. (which in return Minamon has something to say about her too LOL) What. A. Ship. Then there's the intro where the girls imitate that Kitarie PB cover and Gatanee goes all "rerorerorero~". OH and some of the girls literally holding that Nintendo64 controller like it's a Wii remote made me nearly die from laughter, let alone their playing. I swear, if this special didn't prove NGT need their own variety show aside from Niigata Friend, idk what else would anymore.