[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Okay, since we have fielded a half dozen reports on this thread, I feel compelled to say something...

First off, thank you for your reports. Feel free to continue to report anything you feel violates the rules and/or spirit of the forum. That said...

What we aren't going to do is stifle "unpopular" speech. I know some of you like Nakai, and some of you don't. If someone says something you feel is inaccurate, then state your argument. That holds true even if said poster has a reputation of "not being a fan" of a certain member. As long as the person isn't doing it strictly to cause friction. There is a difference between someone "shitposting" just for the sake of it, and someone giving their take on a current "hot button" issue, even if they already have a preconceived opinion about it.

Moreover, too often I see this "kill the messenger" mentality when these issues arise. On one hand, sometimes a user's reputation precedes them, and in a way it is warranted. On the other hand, some people use it as a knee-jerk weapon to counter-point someone they don't necessarily like or agree with. I see this over and over and over again on this forum, and it isn't cool.

Finally, it is also not acceptable to start acting like a jackass when you don't like the line of conversation. If you disagree, state your rebuttal. But don't merely try to antagonize people.

So consider this everyone's one friendly reminder of forum decorum.

EDIT: After re-reading the thread, I am going to add two other things...

1) Technically, swearing is not necessarily against the rules on this forum. That said, the excessive use of grossly inappropriate language can cross the line. I would invite everyone to think how they can more gracefully state their opinion without a barrage of foul language.

2) It is one thing to respond to people, it is another to preemptively call them out for how you expect them to react. That falls into "flamebaiting" territory, which is against the rules.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

I have to admit anything Rikachan does is powerful lol to consistently stir up this many people anytime she says/does something is impressive haha

• Like Like x 1
  3. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    I mean, it's not hard you just gotta be a bitch. Circa Myao back in like 2012ish or whatever, she drove wotas mad with her mad dog shtick.

Myao clearly played/plays that character up though and other girls seem to like her whereas Rika not so much.

• Like Like x 3
  4. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Ogiyuka is a former Baito AKB, former tentative kenkyuusei, and a Draft 2. She had a lot of previous contacts outside NGT, not to mention the exposure sousenkyo gave her. Obviously that can't explain the entire difference between them, but it explains some of it.

The rest no doubt is because Ogiyuka is an approachable and likeable person while Rika isn't.

edit: Also, Rika's account is only a month old, Yuka's had hers since last year.

edit2: Also that doesn't show all the member accounts following Rika, only those she is following herself (w/ hearts for mutual follows).

5. JVJ

JVJ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena
    I don't know Japanese, so I can only base my thoughts on what I read here...
    Also I'm an NGT fan, so pardon my bias.

But if Rikachan's action is disturbing NGT and she's favored by management to move to AKB, then maybe its a good idea to ship her out.
    After all, the politics (at least from what I observe - correct me if I am wrong) of NGT is not as cut-throat as AKB's and maybe she is better suited there.
    And NGT's group dynamics (at least from the image that they portray) is that they are kinda towards one another and very family-like.
    Even if it's not true that they are loving to each other behind the camera, being family like is one reason why the fans like them and that they should continue to keep this image.
    So I think Rikachan's action really is alot of harm done to the group.

Also, I wonder why management would give permission for Rikachan to say such a thing especially so soon after Aya's 'rest'.
    I also wonder what are the competing interests between AKS, Sony and NGT theatre in the management of NGT.
    Could someone enlighten me?

6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Please no, AKB doesn't need this crap.

• Like Like x 3
  7. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

easy answer, they know people will talk about it, and look her up, and anticipate her next move
    her anti's probably knows more about her than her own fans

8. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    As if the Senior AKB members would tolerate her sociopathic behavior lol, she would be crying about bullying and others mistreating her non-stop if she were in AKB, but yes, the mothership can take her please!

Rikahime doesn't care, just saying random trash to gain attention and it's working for her.

Ridiculous, that's her own tactic maybe but this is actually damaging this group, management has no reason to support this.

You Rika fans don't have a single argument to stand on explaining why her behavior is acceptable, instead you people use hyperboles, strawman arguments and as last desperate resort, the report button.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Agreed (She'd pull the same shit she is pulling NGT48, which would revolve into people who'd we never thought we would see go off on somebody do just that).

That's because they use the whole "Entertaining" excuse. They are too blinded by the fact that their is something SERIOUSLY wrong with this girl. I mean Paruru had alot of :fp: moments during her time in AKB48, but at least Paruru actually gave a damn about AKB48. Rika don't give a damn about NGT48 and if she got transfered to AKB48, before long, she will show that she don't give a shit about AKB48 as well.

The only person Rika really cares about is Rika.

I pray that she actually learns how to grow up, but that's never going to happen. This crap will continue (and what's more is sad is that she will continue to get rewarded for her pathetic behavior).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

LOL right.

btw I guess at least all this sperging about Rika will take some of the pressure away from Matsuoka Hana or something :lol:

11. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

um I never said that anything she does is acceptable
    but if you haven't figured it out why people use hyperboles, then I will tell you...

hey I may be a fan, but at least I'm not as angry as you are

plus her anti's and angry posting people are like those bad commercials that you don't want to see, it's free advertisement for Rika

12. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Some people just don't wanna listen....

onieyez and Enc0re have left the thread, 30 days.

One other thing, people shouldn't be quick to assume WHO reported them. They might be surprised.

13. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

They don't haha everyone is pretty much on the same page that what Rika said was 100% her being dramatic and if you follow any of the members or the group after a while you can tell that most of them really do care for each other and do actually have deep bonds that is different than any other group. Watch Rie's grad announcement (random example cause I was just re-watching it lol) those were real tears and you could tell how much they love her. It's not something you can fake and most of the members have that bond between them even outside of group activities. Of course with any group there are going to be rifts and yes it is all not is always going to be sunshine and rainbows between members but what Rika said was over the top and what the fans were speculating about Ayanyan are just rumors.

Don't let the drama blind the truth. I think people are letting their imaginations go wild too much

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Yes
    Yes
    Exactly.

I used to like Rika, and I tried to do my best to think that she is just very blunt and actually has a good heart, but now I think she's just plainly mean. You don't go around saying bad stuff about the members of your group, and try to attract all the attention. This whole thing has just went over the border. It's enough. The 'Rika's just original' excuse has died. Is she good in variety? Maybe. Is she eccentric? Yes.
    But that doesn't change the fact that she just said shit about all members of her group, instead of promoting them. An idol doesn't do that. Nobody does that. Nakai would have made a good media personality, but I don't think she's suited to be an idol. Is she a 'fisher' character? If you think that someone who is extremely possessive towards her fans to the extent not expressing her gratitude just because they lined up in other members' lanes, is a fisher, than yes, maybe she is. But her falsely promoting her group is just wrong. There's no excuse for what she did.

I'll just bring her up bc I know about her more than anyone, but Sakura too doesn't handle fans oshihenning well, and she wants to gain more fans (and votes) more than anyone, but there's one thing she literally always says: "If you like another member aside from me, it's okay as long as it's a HKT member."
    I don't even want to start at Jurina's love for SKE, and even Ogiyuka is doing her best to spread NGT love instead of sucking all the fame to herself.
    This makes me think that I'm very glad Ogiyuka was the one who got 5th place and not Rika. Her treatment toward senpais which are seen on the ANN shows (sure Nana tolerates her cause she's an angel, but she really hurt Mirurun, and managed to make both the ANN she appeared in about herself) what Kitarie kindly warned her about in the home party (translated before on this thread) and lastly and more importantly this happening, I can't stand Nakai Rika anymore. I can't stand members who are selfish to the extent they forget they're in a group and lie, in order to make her fellow members look bad and attract attention toward herself. (I'm sure some of her fans actually believe she is being bullied, and I don't think they spend time thinking why members aren't that fond of her)

And them pushing her over Hinata, it's just...

• Like Like x 3
  15. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Nope it's just the other girls getting along with each other while Rika alienates herself. It has nothing to do with the other girls who probably did their very best to endure her, and are very much shocked by the news. Its Rika vs. Rika now; a totally internal conflict.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    Management will probably force them to play along like they're her friend as always. They can't do s***...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

17. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Yeah that is true. I feel bad for the members cause they will have to keep pretending (or they will try to clean up Rika's mess by laughing it off?).
    If Rika appears in Niigatta Friend or something again I wonder what will happen. I'm definitely not looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It's pretty easy actually: Turn it into a meme. At their next concert do a skit with the members presenting Rika with a gigantic sheet of bubble wrap, do a variety skit where members dress up in bubble wrap or put them and Rika in Zorb balls in a Variety show to fight it out and make it into the joke that it is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    If you would follow the member's SNS and listen to their Showroom (something people really should start doing more often here, actually), you'll be surprised at how, throughout the entire year, Nakai's name comes up so rarely in any talk by other members and how she is barely featured in any of their blog entries -- contrary to what an outsider would be led to assume (at least by following Western opportunistic "logic"), that since she is allegedly a ~prominent~ member, everyone would like to associate with her if only to get some of her reflected ~fame~.
    The fact is that since a long time ago nobody fucking wants to have anything to do with her anymore, instead.

So no, it's not really a matter of breaking the "keyfabe". If you mean it in the sense of putting up a pretense that everyone likes and adores Nakai and they do their best to act as if they get along with her and are proud of her, then it hardly has ever been so in the first place.
    That everyone has learned to respectfully keep their distance from her and avoid her like the plague because of her poisonous attitude (rather than out of ~jealousy~ as she likes to believe) is very much evident to all, although politely left unsaid, and I already explained why in a previous post. Certainly nobody is falling over themselves to take a selfie with Nakai to upload it on Instagram or such (not even members of her same agency, now compare it with Ogiyuka and HoriPro members if you want to see the difference), if this is what you mean, and on MCs she has barely any relevant participation whatsoever.

On the other hand, to assume that everyone is at each other's throats and we need to see every relationship as "fake" by principle, just by taking Nakai's shameful example and applying it to everyone else despite everyone clearly having different personal situations and ways of life, is a stretch. Not to mention poorly informed. I mean, we have people here who are known to be friends and have kept in touch with each other ever since taking (and failing) the Post Yamada Nana audition together, if this is a made-up act it's the most long-running and least profitable I can imagine.

Like trxsh explained, the real issue at hand is:
    - You don't take on and abuse a privileged platform that only you can benefit from, and use it for your petty, vapid, cattish revenges, in order to shit on your own group mates, fully knowing they'll have no possibility to defend themselves or be present to tell their side of the story (assuming it's loosely based on real events). Morally dishonest, slimy and cowardly move to say the least.
    - Since we are in the mood for aphorisms and old proverbs around here, you do not air dirty laundry (if there's really any) in the public, as a matter of principle.
    - In terms of characters and talents, NGT has surely more potential than many other sister groups, but the biggest flaw is that it's woefully mismanaged to a criminal degree. There's been a number of decisions over the years that I can only describe as "putting the cart before the horse". Deciding to push a single member who doesn't even have the group's interest at heart, while leaving everyone else behind to rot. Limiting member's expression (Because, according to Etsuro's words at the Q&A booth, "It's not good for non-agency members to have too much leeway (About giving them Twitter accounts)". Yes, you can laugh.), while others are free to rampage. Keeping their only dedicated variety show restricted to just their own home prefecture, while obscene shit like this is deemed worthy of being broadcast on the national airwaves.
    My hopes are getting thinner and thinner, but I do seriously hope this new Trump-tier fuck-up by Nakai will be the final straw that will bring about a much-needed restructuring/reconsideration at last.

Oh, and I see that Nakai's Akimoto-endorsed idiocy is paying dividends already. I was trying to catch up on yesterday's Showroom just now ("thanks" to having to waste one whole day over this issue), and look what I find!
    http://www.bilibili.com/video/av21385601/
    At 26:28 some spammer arrives to bring annoyance to Gatanee and ask if they really are all friends inside the group, and Gatanee finds herself forced to come up with the right words to deal with a situation she's not even responsible for. "Everyone in NGT are great friends, yes. ... And I really like NGT myself. There's people coming from various backgrounds, each one of us was born and raised in different ways. Of course, at times we need to confront our opinions, as in 'It's best to do this way', but NGT is made up by everyone standing together".
    See, once again, episodes like this highlight a fundamental issue, that the management is making the other members powerless in the communication department (unless you are one of Akimoto's darlings, of course), which means that they have really nothing to rely on but restricted, volatile media (don't tell me "there's SR recordings anyway") to express themselves, even in the case there's something important directly affecting their collective reputation that needs to be addressed. In addition, it also proves what I had imagined, that in the end it would be the other members who are going to bear the brunt of the backlash and pay the biggest price, and cannot do anything about it because, as said, they have effectively their hands tied. This is to me the most aggravating part.
    If anyone wanted to cling on the same cliche feel-good phrases and say "A-all publicity is good publicity", then I'm sorry but it's too late.
    At this rate, see you in a few days for the final backstab by AKS or Oht*Pro, where they'll get the news outlets moving and they'll attempt to glorify this crap in Nakai's favor with some puff piece, provided they haven't done it already. I'm eagerly expecting it, because they certainly aren't above these tactics.

---

By the way, I'll also leave these two cute little polls here. You know, just so you realize what people really think of Nakai after the whole mess:
    https://twitter.com/oriondoriUT4/status/979220581454368768
    https://twitter.com/nekoyama48/status/979207779347922944

Aaand while at it, let's also remember this promise that the wolf in sheep's clothing made not last year, but back in March 19. Yeah, you read right. If this is anything to go by, I would say Nakai is so broken she can't even remember something she said no more than 10 days ago. Or maybe it's another proof of her being a pathological liar to stay away from, pick your own choice. If you read this, make sure not to get blown away by the blast of cognitive dissonance:
    "I believe I can no longer keep on going like I have done up until now. I want to be a Senbatsu member that can acquire something there and donate it back to NGT, this is what I am intensely thinking about. When you look at the announcement, only two members from NGT were selected, but I believe there would be nothing strange about having more NGT members included. That's because there's many members working really hard. And since I and Yuka-chan have been selected as the representatives -- I know that wording it like that is awkward -- I want to give all my energy to accomplish all that I can do right now. There are many conflicting opinions right now but considering I have been chosen this time, I want to do my best to meet the expectations of all fans and exceed them. So please keep supporting me. Just one more thing... It was frustrating, how can I say, I wanted to see more members from NGT be drawn. As such, while in Senbatsu I'll work energetically along with Ogino to let everyone know what a wonderful group NGT is."
    https://twitter.com/sr_ngt_48/status/975719969324351491

Thank you, but next time don't bother at all.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Oh no please no...

• Like Like x 1