1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

You can prevent that by not translating that in the first place. (sarcasm)

I mean, have you realized it yet?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    In other words, "stop translating things I don't personally like, just sweep the damn thing under the rug and pretend nothing happened!!! (just like certain people who went into hiding)"

The fact that I get debated over the only part that should be visually obvious to anyone if you watched the clip sincerely makes me laugh.
    Completely besides the point and, make no mistake, it is just grasping at straws for the purpose of downplaying Nakai's behavior (Who, by the way, on yesterday's SR was completely unapologetic about her actions and, on the contrary, tried to sass back in the most predictable and childish way possible, so do me all a favor and waste no time whiteknigting this brat. Again, the comparison with Hinatan's humbleness is like between night and day, or mud and clouds in the sky as they say in Japan)
    As said, if someone is really believing that this is a pejorative term (and I am very diplomatic with the choice of words when I translate, often going back to edit parts that I noticed don't capture the meaning), feel free to check the video again and just replace the verb with whatever in your mind is the most suitable description of that gesture she is making.
    Hint: it's still not "poppity pop tee-hee".
    If ~someone~ cared about the actual integrity of the translations, maybe they should begin by taking a good look at the threads they usually visit because, as anything written by an ESL, the stuff there is usually wrong not just on a semantic level, but a syntax and grammatical one as well. But it's clear this is just geared toward pretending Nakai did nothing wrong or damaging for the group, which might as well go to hell in a handbasket for all they care. It's just a prank, bro.

But yeah, all talk aside, this is a good point. I might take a break from translating at all and keep everything to myself, and you know what will happen? That the whole NGT section will be deader than it is right now because there's no one giving a hoot about bringing any informations about the group to the outside, which this place sorely needs.
    Have you seen anyone attempting to contribute anything even when it's neutral, ordinary group material?
    Does anyone have the background knowledge going back years to do so? Looking around, it's a miracle people even know the member's names. Hell, the members profiles are even rife with plain wrong facts that nobody bothered to check or fix for years, and I tend to keep a hands-off policy when it comes to other people's translations so I always refrained from pointing out these mistakes, like anyone cares. (i.e. One thing that caught my eye when looking at the Wiki, but Tsugumin didn't audition without her parents' consent as said, her father sent in the application without telling).
    I won't be the one losing anything if I leave, trust me, but I care too much about the group (rather than one single member) to do it.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

That will be the trouble of community. We subber don't add the trouble.

And yes, you wont be losing. You're saving time to translate other important NGT stuff than spending time for....."Things you don't personally like."

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  4. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    @EinhanderX About the part deleted for convenience's sake, don't worry I read it just in time. Heh heh. ;)
    We have seen much worse, sure, but there are more rational thinking 20 year olds in this group that wouldn't give it a bad name as she does, if only they were given more exposure.

• Like Like x 1
  5. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Ahh good so I can cut to the main point. Yeah, I cut that part cause it imply the uncertain future. We may have all the better outcome. Or some 20 y.o not named Nakai got anxiety attack on-air and ended up spewed some company secret in a level worse than what Nakai did. We may ended up doing double standard due to bias lol

"Such is life. So don't make it worse than it seems."

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  6. princessairbender

princessairbender Kenkyuusei Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui (8)
    Some wiki pages sadly needs work and aren't updated as much as others (not just the NGT section). I get the feeling that there aren't many active editors atm. I will happily edit and add this to Tsugumin's page so it's correct! If you have other things you know to be incorrect or think should be added to the NGT members wiki48 pages please leave a comment in the wiki48 thread and we editors will do our best to help out! (If you have done this earlier and not gotten any respons I do apologize). ^^

• Like Like x 1
  7. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Sorry, what happened with Miru?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

8. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    You guys know what, let's end this topic already. Nakai's who she is, and we can't change her. There are more important things to think about, like how can we get Hinatan into AKB senbatsu [hehe]
    And nothing trivial, you can check Nakai's thread for the details.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JVJ

JVJ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hasegawarena
    Agree, perhaps it would be better to move this 'controversy' to Rikachan's chat.

However I am so confused with Rikachan's chat. It's like she has so many stuffs going on
    (I don't want to use the word controversy or issue cos it's rather rude).
    Yes, indeed, she has so many stuff going on on her chat... in the chat group, it is now focused on her shoe / sock smelling with Miru...
    There are too many things going on.
    It's like before one wave has been resolved, the other wave comes.
    Is this really her strategy?

(I would be fine if this is her strategy... but backstabbing her team mates, even if she meant is as a joke is too much for me)

Also can I ask the people who know Japanese... what actually are the sentiments of the Jap fans?
    Are they still focused on her statements about the bubble wrap (I try not to describe her action cos the translation is so controversial)
    Or have they moved on?

As for Jap fans, are they having a bad impression of NGT or have they moved on to the next 'scandal'?
    And would their reactions affecting the next senbatsu elections? Or the request hour?

Thanks

10. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Just because I saw someone wondering how the Japanese were reacting. I hope Cristafari will not get too upset on me for being the messenger of bad news, especially when nobody of her zealots want to make it public here and prefer to look away from this trainwreck:
    http://akb48nensensou.net/archives/53231546.html
    http://itest.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/akb/1522549514/
    http://itest.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/akb/1522512017/
    inst1.jpg inst2.jpg inst3.jpg inst4.jpg

Nakai is a dangerous mental case to keep distances from, I don't even want to follow her Instagram (she is actually the only NGT member I don't) but it turns out she even tried to double down on her accusation yesterday with the most obvious tactics of a sociopath: playing the victim, going "oh woe is me", and shifting the blame of her actions on other third parties.
    Posting shit saying how "strange" it is that the "world outside has suddenly turned to defend the bullies" (and now I want to see someone trying to challenge me on the 'bully' word). Also, pretending she is doing anyone a favor by shittalking or that she is championing on someone's behalf by arguing there are "many people who suffer in the same way", because "who else should have said it?" :rolleyes:
    I really want to see the handful of coward whiteknigts here still trying to pretend she didn't mean it in that show and her intentions have just been ~misunderstood~.
    Just like a dumb Trump supporter justifying the incoherent contradictory crap his leader does without thinking, by claiming he is just playing ~fourth-dimensional chess~. (snicker)

Needless to say, what I see is just commenters raking her over the coals for her rotten hypocrisy, and collateral damage at the expenses of NGT's reputation by the same gossip-craving trolls who know very little of the situation.
    All my other observations on the case have already been told in the previous posts, and so far have been left unchallenged (in many cases, they were indeed proven true), so I'll cut it short.
    Truly the shame and embarrassment of NGT. Guess Ayanyan will not be coming back anytime soon when such people are allowed to sell their own companions down the river for cheap attention.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Wow, the “marks” sound mad. But just remember...

NGT is fine... :awesome:

12. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Many people believe in Rika's lies and consider her as a hero by showing how bad NGT relationships are. No, it was not just for entertainment. It has real damages!!!
    Removed Rika from my oshi list and consider her not a NGT member anymore.

• Like Like x 5
  13. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    This reply is not directly for you my friend :D but merely for the ones who still can't get over this thing. But in this reply I will provide some insights for the part about your questions about Japanese fans thoughts. And this will be my only and final comment about this event.

A regular 48G fan with a brain in no doubt has already figured out Rikachan is the bad guy here, getting that straighten out for ya right off the bat so some people don't need to keep on hassling about her being evil or what not. Everyone has a different opinion and you don't need to shove every single of your (shaming and hateful) opinion to other people's throats. Unless of course you are the anti or maybe didn't even know you have become one of them whom are being toyed around by Rikachans lowhand dirty schemes to talk about her more. If so just step away from your computer and chillax .

But to make some facts clear the NGT image is still faaaar from being diminished into group of "bullies". Except only in fact at this very moment only Rikachan's own image has now been diminished to a dishonorable backstabbing bitch and garnering more hate than ever right now.

I still have yet to find one normal person, fan or non-fan who thinks what Rikachan did was absolutely right.

And no about ssk election. And also no about RH. Let's not go over the board with our imaginations my friend :D

Japanese NGT fans have already moved on to talk about ssk plans for their oshis and the new Ato De MV. (Which was amazing)

Now with all this being said, can we carry on to more important stuff guys? :D

=======================

Did you guys know that NGT will be releasing an unofficial good in their 3rd single type-z bonus which incorporates a life size 1 to 1 scale shogi board that represents Niigata prefecture?
    https://twitter.com/official_NGT48/status/980278286285590528?s=19
    https://twitter.com/official_NGT48/status/980278399359791104?s=19
    Haha gotcha that's their April Fools joke.

Someone should be instead translating the details inside of this it's hilarious XD

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

14. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
  15. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

So those concerned about NGT's image... Thoughts about this?

16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    "指原莉乃:CD流通?なつみかんには柱王みたいなのいないの? "

Why leaving out this part and making it sound like they jumped straight to the topic of fanclub votes? The joke was that in Thailand there's no AKB CDs available for sale and distribution. So even if she's actually popular in Thailand she can only rely on non-physical votes, such as from the rich owner of some fanclub account (as opposed to foreign fans buying bulks of CDs, or "oil millionaires"/石油王 as these Chinese wotas, mainly Sashihara wotas call themselves).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

wow, what heated up discussions we have here))
    @Cisalpine88 if you have something to say to me, please quote me, I don't follow most of the threads.

I've left that part untranslated since I didn't find it relevant. only mention of fan club votes was important in that context, the joke didn't matter. the whole Thailand thing was irrelevant, and I thought of leaving it out, but in the end left it in since the whole fan club talk sounded weird without pretext.

and you're being silly again, Sasshi's wotas don't call themselves oil millionaires))

18. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

NGT is fine...

19. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Enough already, Jeez!!! I know when my personal "Id" @nobodywil arrives, things have gone too far.

@Cisalpine88 You are really beating a dead horse at this point. In fact, it is dead, decomposed, and buried, and you are still beating it. We know what she said, we know the history, we know the internet reaction. We don't need more evidence. Just stop...

@ForrestFuller Considering how bent out of shape you get when people say anything negative about any of the plethora of girls you like, I find your reactions here to be somewhat hypocritical. Not that you can't feel how you feel about it, but just remember this thread when someone insults someone on your list of oshimen.

As for the Nakai supporters here, I do think that most of you get that this entire situation is not a good look at all, which is probably why most of you are staying relatively quiet. But I have seen a bit of snark in the other direction too. Look, I get it, you want to come to her defense since her detractors are hammering at her pretty hard right now. But the passive aggressive "whatever, fake news fake news" reactions don't help either.

On a personal level, I find all of this extremely alarming. From what I read only on Humbucker's translations, Nakai is at a minimum, self-centered, calculating, insincere, and manipulative. Not the qualities I find attractive in an idol at all. And it seems that it is affecting other members in the group, which is a major, major problem. She is forgetting that she's a member of a team. I met her once, and she was alright. But now that I read the things she says in interviews, I wouldn't be interested in meeting her again.

• Like Like x 4
  20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Hey now, you know I'm alot better then I used to be back when I first started here (I actually do credit you if the reason I did change after you said something). I mean yeah I still defend the girls that I like (Just like everybody else here), but it aint as bad as it once was.

2018 Official Profile Photos now up
    https://ngt48.jp/profile

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1