1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I get a strong impression of NGT48 members sometimes act more like government public servants of Niigata while going about their jobs as idols.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    ^well, Niigata's government was involved in the second gen auditions, so...

3. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka

In a way, you are not wrong in thinking that way, because of the mayor was invited to judge the auditions, so NGT48 'could be like a government linked entity'.

But, NGT48 is AKS managed and not the government of Niigata. I don't think the government of Niigata have any shares in AKS/NGT48. Of course, the government would have given some incentives to set up shop there (AKS wouldn't have gone to meet with the government initially if there wasn't) And, no, I don't think NGT48 is backed by the government or else it will have the 'sponsored by' tag like Team 8 or 'managed by' DMO instead of AKS like STU48.

Is like, for example, a car company or Intel is invited by the government to set up a factory in the prefecture and may get given perks to do so. The company won't want the government, just because of a few perks, to have a hand in their management and selection of their employees. The employees are still company employees.

My original point was NGT48 has integrated so well into Niigata, that it is kinda odd for private non-government entity to be acting so much like a government entity. I know NGT48/AKS/SONY is there to make money and the members are there to start a career and hopefully be famous, but the illusion of selflessness has a certain charm.

So, is this who NGT48 girls got their handshake examples from...... 2.36

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Well they have an actual term in Japanese for this and its called "local idols".

There are many name variations of this term which NGT refer themselves as 地域活性化アイドル (which roughly translates to "local revitalization idols") and their main purpose is to of course to vitalize the local community. More over, NGT's birth in Niigata was exactly because of this concept.
    http://blog.rcn.or.jp/ngt48/

In fact each region, prefecture, city and even towns have their own local idols. The difference of influence is determined by their activity area. For example STU is covering multiple prefectures so they are a regional local idol group. (Team 8 is probably the only national level local idol group in this case). NGT is prefectural, AKB is specifically Tokyo-to, Chiyoda-ku, Akihabara etc

Each idol group who is officially certified with a government body is then listed as part of the local public body and they are given area codes like any public entities as well. So they are indeed in a sense public servants to serve for the people they are assigned to in that area. Like hospitals, schools, libraries etc providing their basic functions in a society.

There are also cases where local idol groups are assigned specifically to Tokyo-to due to their rising popularity like PERFUME originally labelled as Hiroshima local idol group is now a idol group whose main activity is in Tokyo.

The mangement of these idol groups may or may not be restricted to entertainment agencies and in many cases NPO's, private/public companies, buisness community boards, public enities (local government) and even volunteer groups can be involved into management or simply providing funds/resources.

But in the case of NGT it is likely I think that AKS makes most and perhaps all the management decisions while the local entities is mainly there to support their activity through funds and promotions.

STU on the other hand is not managed by AKS as you said but the management decision makings is "STU" itself and DMO is only there to provide the funds and promotions. (DMO is made up of both private and public sectors from 7 prefectures, "STU" is the individual management agency specifically created for STU) So same structure as NGT but the difference is that it is only 7 times bigger of a circle than just Niigata prefecture itself.

Fun fact is that the 46's is not listed with any government entities means they are not meant to be public servants at all thus have no incentive to share responsibility in revitalizing local communities.

All sources from:
    https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ローカルアイドル

So if you feel they are being public servants more than idols then they are doing a good job.

Yes that's Komi

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  5. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
  6. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Appreciate the warm welcome :cute:

Really wish there will be variety show or concert collaboration with NGT x STU

It's be lit af

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  8. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Yooo, ask and you shall receive eventually, so by popular demand (?) here's the full transcript of that dialogue from 2018.06.20 Minna Kami-Taiou, for starters. Just moving it here to the general discussion thread because I thought it involved all (grown-up) members, without a focus on anyone in particular. I also couldn't keep it in the vault forever without posting it anywhere, could I? (・ω・`)
    Noepii: "«This is Imo-san from the Niigata prefecture.» (Everyone: Thank you!) «Good evening to everyone from NGT48, and Moja-Moja-Moja-san [the radio show host]. A few days back on a certain program Nishimura Nanako-san had been revealed as having a bad reaction to alcohol. That was really unexpected of her. So I want to ask, is there anyone else out of the adult members who has just as bad a reaction to alcohol, either by acting eccentric or changing behavior all of a sudden?»"
    Gatanee: "Eeeh, I think it's just Nanako, though..."
    Noepii: "But anyway, this gets always associated with Nanako, yet even Rika gets quite..."
    Gatanee: "Ah, Rika too..."
    Noepii: "I mean, Rika, once she drinks, doesn't she cackle all the time? (Noepii follows up with an imitation)"
    Ogiyuka: "In the case of Rika-chan, she loses control of laughing for the whole time."
    Gatanee: "Like, it's the Laughing Queen."
    Ogiyuka: "She ends up laughing all along."
    Noepii: "Other than that, who's someone else...?"
    Ogiyuka: "Well, I haven't yet seen the members while like that, myself..."
    Gatanee: "Right..."
    Ogiyuka: "Considering I still am not of legal age... But on those times when the whole group is gathered up at some place, it's just that the grown-up members occasionally have a little drink for themselves."
    Gatanee: "But for starters, Nanako is the most..."
    Ogiyuka: "Hmmmm, Nanako is the only one who has a left a lasting impression..."
    Noepii: "Hear, hear..."
    Ogiyuka: "Who else?"
    Noepii: "How is Marina like...?"
    Gatanee: "I just feel like sleeping afterwards."
    Noepii: "Daaamn, that must be a pain to deal with!"
    Ogiyuka: "Anyway, taking Miharu for example, I can't picture her drinking alcohol."
    Gatanee: "I get what you mean. Though Miharu would be surprisingly..."
    Noepii: "...strong at handling alcohol. Since she hails from Aomori."
    Ogiyuka: "Strong enough to walk away on her own feet."
    Gatanee: "Right, she has Aomori blood in her veins after all."
    Ogiyuka: "Also, Mahohon, what about Mahohon? Doesn't she start talking like a machine gun? ... «Yeah! Yeah! I this! I that! I this!». Get it?"
    Noepii: "I dunno..."
    Ogiyuka: "You know, at the time we all went dining out together, after the handshake event was over."
    Noepii: "Aaaah! Yeah, right."
    Ogiyuka: "When we traveled to Kobe, everyone was having dinner together, right? And then on that occasion the adult members proposed to drink a little bit of alcohol. So, at that point Nanako had a drink too, as did Maho. Didn't Nanako begin weeping? And in the meantime, Mahohon went on like «Aaaah! Listen up, listen up! I this! I that!», she started talking over and over like a machine gun...! I was wondering if she wasn't inebriated. Yuka and the rest still has one or two years to go before I can drink alcohol -- I thought -- I hope I don't end up the same way."
    Gatanee: "Then again, in that regard, you are always acting crazy as it is."
    Noepii: "Well, I imagine I'm going to be quite weak at handling it myself."
    Ogiyuka: "Me too, I'll probably be not that strong either."
    Gatanee: "Eeeeh, I'm really curious to see."
    Ogiyuka: "Sooo, let's get together to have a drink by then."

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    ^ Hilarious esp the last part

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

lol thank you!!

Picturing Nanako crying while Maho is over there talking a mile a minute is so funny omg and I could only imagine what Noepii and Ogiyuka would be after having a few drinks lmaoo it would be a mess

11. Tentenko

Tentenko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    lol good stuff, can empathize with Mahohon cos that's how I get when drunk :fp:

12. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

Majimuri Gakuen is almost here! Really glad NGT got quite a few roles I'm pumped and they all look so good I'm not ready haha
    014.jpg 005.jpg DiTpd-9UcAAW9m_.jpg orig.jpg DiTpd-8UYAAsiLC.jpg orig.jpg Di4Efb2U0AAfGT3.jpg Di4Efb5V4AEBXQC.jpg DfpJUO9UwAEaWkK.jpg Dg2YTGkUcAES3F4.jpg-large.jpeg 180714-st-110300.jpg Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 11.36.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 11.36.01 PM.png

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Teams NIII and G's Captains and Sub-captains are in the show.

14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

3 Years Ago today.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    4th member from Niigata announced her graduation (so happens all of them were NGT48 KKS)

3 out of 4 were in Ramen Club - Ayutarou brought up the Ramen Club fact in her showroom!

Thinking about it..... Kitarie was in the Ramen Club too.

If it keeps going like this... there will be more non Niigata members.

https://twitter.com/official_NGT48/status/1022079703501365248

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
  17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

The Members that will be at the Rock in Japan Festival (August 4th) and Tokyo Idol Festival (August 5th).

Ogino Yuka, Kato Minami, Sato Anju, Seiji Reina, Takakura Moeka, Tano Ayaka, Nishigata Marina, Nishimura Nanako, Oguma Tsugumi, Sugahara Riko, Nakai Rika, Nakamura Ayuka, Nara Miharu, Hasegawa Rena, Homma Hinata, Yamaguchi Maho

https://ngt48.com/news/detail/100002567

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    8 and 8 again from each team.

Seiji and Anju replace Yukirin and Noe.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  19. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Results of the NGT48 Bowling Tournament that was today
    :1st::Team Murakumo Fuka (385)
    :2nd:: Team Fujisaki Miyu (349)
    :3rd:: Team Yamaguchi Maho (347)
    4th: Team Nishigata Marina (344)
    5th: Team Kashiwagi Yuki (338)
    6th: Team Sato Kairi (329)
    7th: Team Ogino Yuka (318)
    7th: Team Sato Anju (318)
    9th: Team Kato Minami (307)
    9th: Team Tano Ayaka (307)
    11th: Team Oguma Tsugumi (305)
    12th: Team Hasegawa Rena (301)
    13th: Team Takakura Moeka (294)
    14th: Team Sugahara Riko (287)
    15th: Team Nara Miharu (286)
    16th: Team Nakai Rika (285)
    17th: Team Kado Yuria (284)
    18th: Team Takahashi Nanami (283)
    19th: Team Homma Hinata (282)
    20th: Team Kusakabe Aina (280)
    21st: Team Miyajima Aya (261)
    22nd: Team Tsushima Yunako (255)
    23rd: Team Nakamura Ayuka (253)
    24th: Team Seiji Reina (251)
    25th: Team Takahashi Mau (250)
    26th: Team Yamada Noe (Terada Hina and Tomoinaga Yu Subbing for her) (249)
    27th: Team Ando Chikana (247)
    28th: Team Nishimura Nanako (233)

• Informative Informative x 1