1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
  2. Firstky

Firstky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nishikawa Rei
    Twitter:
    Firstky_
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Firstky

Firstky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nishikawa Rei
    Twitter:
    Firstky_
    Have you read it? I don't think so because Hayakawa Maiko as women manager are trying to settle Members mental condition and set up to do activities normally in February. She discussed directly to Member. I think we can't always accusing and let the new manager do something first.

twt @Firstky_

5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I read the translation on twitter. iirc they said that the culprits rented the apartment opposite Maho's , this contradicts Maho's statement that an attacker came out of a member's apartment so they are effectively saying Maho lied. Coincidentally this is the same story that Bunshun have been pushing since a couple of days after the incident (after this Inapooh guy was implicated as being paid by Bunshun to stalk idols)

The new manager of NGT being a woman means nothing really. When they announced her as the manager I figured it was a PR move to try and convince the media "Hey look, we are being progressive and our female manager will clean things up". Just because the new manager is the same gender as Maho does not mean that she will take Maho's side, she may be just another stooge who won't contradict AKS and will help them cover up the scandal and save the members who stabbed maho in the back and allegedly were part of a dating circle for many months and allegedly bullied other members.

I hope I'm wrong but given AKS's actions to date.....

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It doesn't contradict Maho's statement at all. What Maho actually said was:
    「その部屋は違うメンバーが住んでた部屋でした。」
    "That room was where another member used to live."

A member had lived in that room at some point, but she moved out (and Maho knew she had moved out) before the attack took place. The bizarre thing, the management error here, is how a man or men were able to rent a room on the same floor as the member dorms, even a room that had once belonged to a member. It is not, as the taleweavers have so far led us to believe, why they were in the current room of a member.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Let me preface my reply by stating that I'm not saying your wrong. And I'm not saying I'm right either. I'm trying to tease out what happened based on the available translations. If someone thinks the translations posted in Maho's thread are materially wrong about matters of fact then they need to say so. Maho's statements are pretty much the only credible things to come out regarding this incident and the things that led up to it.

Regarding the status of the apartment opposite Maho, perhaps you could debate @Cisalpine88 regarding that translation seeing as his post regarding it gives a different impression
    1.jpg
    There has been debate whether this was Ayakani's apartment or that of Runa Hagiri. If those guys were living there wouldn't Maho say something like "The guys who attacked me were living in the apartment across the hall" or something like that but that's not the impression she gives. There's a question over it because of this other statement of Maho regarding the attackers.

2.jpg
    From that it sounds to me like the attackers came from outside the building. If the attackers already lived across the hall from Maho then surely they would have known her location for a long time? If a bunch of stalkers was living across the hall from Maho then surely they would have been studying her movements and know her patterns of timing inside out?

Instead they seem to have needed to rely on information from members which doesn't sound like someone that lives right opposite to her would need to know?

then there is the matter of at least one member inciting then to go to her apartment. While Maho stays silent about the issue (or Management is keeping her quiet) then all we have to go on is what she said.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Parts of the translation are... misleading. The Japanese text I quoted above is literally what she wrote, and you can find it in the image @Cisalpine88 included with those translations. Taken literally, it does not say that a member was living in that room at the time of the attack, but rather 〜てた〜でした means she used to live there but didn't anymore. Whether Mahohon meant it this way is a separate question, but that is what it says.

Conversely, if it was a member's apartment, wouldn't she call it a member's apartment (e.g. メンバーの部屋)? Why "where a member lived/used to live"? Why that specific wording?

One note, though I don't think it's important: She says "when I got home", not "on my way home" in that tweet.

The management story is that one of the culprits had rented the room opposite Maho's. This doesn't mean the rest of them had easy access, and if given what Mahohon says about how careful she was when heading home in the first tweet you quote, maybe they needed help to figure out her movements. I don't know.

It should also be noted that management's "they asked it from a member on the street" is itself hearsay--a member confessed the incident to them. It's possible the men got the info from another source and only asked the member to conceal that source. Well, a lot of things are possible. It is possible management's story is a complete fabrication, and both they and the police department and the newspapers and Bunshun are in on the cover up. But my point here is that Mahohon's own account doesn't require that explanation.

Doesn't that apply equally well to the boyfriend of a member? Their story, relayed to us only by Maho and without cross-examination, does not fit the other accounts. If Bunshun's latest drivel is has even a scrap of truth to it, the culprits were just naming member after member in the hopes management would be too scared to prosecute lest this get out. (Eight names? Really? How come Maho only unfollowed 6 people total, most of them way after the incident? It seems like even she didn't fully believe them.)

There is a curious parallel in that sentence between 「またあるメンバーに、部屋を教えられ」 and 「またあるメンバーは私のに行けと犯人をそそめかしていました」. Note that she says both 家 (house) and 部屋 (room) in the former, but only 家 in the latter. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but she could mean this last member told them to move into Maho's building rather than go specifically to her room. Or she just wasn't writing that intentionally.

Now, as to the following sentence, this is the translation I take the most issue with. His rendering in English suggests cause, but the Japanese is less accusatory. I have been corrected about this by a native speaker. She does imply that her information was leaked because she didn't date. I still find it odd that this idea doesn't appear more clearly in the rest of her account.

-------

In short, as much as we both want to believe and rely on every part of Mahohon's testimony... we can't. It contains hearsay, it contains ambiguities that she needs to clear up. It contains at least one typo (そそめかし instead of そそのかし), though this is immaterial. It was delivered in a time of stress and emotional upset. Ideally, she would be allowed to calmly lay out her memory of events before an impartial judge, and that account could then be corroborated by other sources (because unfortunately eyewitness testimony has been proven time and again to be unreliable). Such testimony would be much more reliable than what we have now.

But we, the public, aren't going to get that, ever. Even if this had gone to trial (and it should have) they aren't going to make the proceedings public.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    * I am waiting for other people to double check the translation. However, even if the member in the opposite room had left, it does not mean that some sneaky guy could have moved in: 1. How come didn’t Maho know someone had moved in for months in the opposite room? 2. If she knew some guy had lived there, it is not reasonable for her to bring an already left member into the context. 3. One of the attackers lived in the opposite room is an important point but no one mentioned it until that idea pooped up from Bunshun?

* Not only that stupid story but many other points in their answers are fishy.
    - No member involved? Really? It contradicts to what Maho said, and to their first announcement,
    - No censorship in members’ posts? Why did they need to put an obvious lie here to push the legitimacy of other answers further down?

* Why does AKS devastatingly need the help from Bunshun, a shady tabloid that prople are suspecting to be involved, instead of another trustworthy newspaper?
    http://bunshun.jp/articles/-/10496
    Sharing screen captures of the intern LINE group to Bunshun. WTF they are doing?

* The address and phone number of Maho’s parent were also leaked. So convenient. Or do you think the guys could open her phone and found the information?

Maho just unfollowed 2 members right after the incident, on both twitter and Instagram. And one of these 2 members mocked Maho after the accident on both SNS and Showroom, saying something like: seriousness is not the right way to be successful. I guess she was trying to explain to Maho that she was genuine.

* Everyone can make mistake. I can forgive the ones who admit their faults and try to correct. But I cannot forgive the ones who keep telling lies to cover their asses and did nothing expected. Maho waited for a month but managers did nothing so she had to raise her voice. The scandal blew up to an international level, but after 2 weeks managers have done nothing again. Should we wait for more months than Maho did and hope that sth will happen?

I want the innocent members to be protected. But this management is not doing it so just cancel and replace it (not only the theater manager). You may want to believe in AKS but everything they have done so far just against it.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I don't really want to defend AKS, many of their decisions (or lack of decisions) are indefensible. The main point is only this: that Mahohon did not say the apartment belonged to a member at the time of the attack.

Bunshun has their own stake in this, they are trying to protect their informant. On the other hand AKS is try to protect their investments the members, and these two goals are not always going to align. While I don't believe they are telling even close to the whole truth, I don't think management is directly lying. They have too much (more) to lose by doing so. The lie is what careless people are reading into their statements.

Bunshun? Who even knows or cares.

Inapooh's crew openly brags about having members' LINE contacts, and he's a known Bunshun informant. It would not surprise me if one of the accused members leaked the three memos.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    From my understanding, Matsumura Takumi from AKS leaked them to Bunshun.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I'm not going to pay to access the full video, but it looks like they separately interviewed Matsumura Takumi in his car. The article doesn't say where they got the LINE messages from.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Nah, seems like they just tried to confront him directly, but he replied "We are going to make another proper announcement on the case. Now please excuse me", before he departed in that car.
    skbs.jpg
    Source is a scan of the tabloid that I could find, take it however you like.

• Informative Informative x 3
  14. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    According to (google translate of) a report, Hayakawa announced at the theater that regular performances will resume in February.

"On the 25th, a research student performance at NGT48 theater in Niigata City "PARTY starts" - Feeling the breath of research students! "Was done. The performance at the NGT Theater was the first time in 15 days since Yamaguchi apologized for the incident on the 10th night show. Maiko Hayakawa (44), a new manager, said she wanted to resume regular performances of regular members including Yamaguchi during February.

Just before the performance, Ms. Hayakawa entered and said, "I am sorry for the trouble this time, I apologize from the bottom of my heart for giving me uneasiness to everyone else." Deeply lowered her head to the fans and members."

20190125-OHT1I50221-T.jpg

20190125-OHT1I50219-T.jpg

https://www.hochi.co.jp/entertainment/20190125-OHT1T50256.html

• Like Like x 2
  15. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    CetqCsuWIAAoWck.png:large.png
    NGT managers better keep their words. I will countdown to the end of this week.
    If no investigation result is given, the third-party identity is not revealed, or they are fishy, I hope people will make another wave to pressure NGT management.

Update: Is this correct? WTFFFFF
    https://twitter.com/qc_bb/status/1090487284070313984?s=20

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    A representative, Yukio Edano, of the constitutional Democratic Party of Japan, spoke about the need to protect young women in entertainment.

Edano representative, "NGT problems must be protected throughout society"

"It is not limited to this case, and we must protect the security and safety of everyone (idol) including those of minors especially throughout society." Meanwhile, "The framework and customs for such things is not limited to this case, and it is not enough in Japan as a whole", he stated that the management system on the side that keeps the idol is generally still insufficient .

"We ask all officials concerned with minor artists to advance further efforts for security and security."

https://www.nikkansports.com/general/nikkan/news/201901300001081.html

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    安心、安全
    anshin, anzen

Peace of mind and security, or maybe kind of the equivalent of Western "safety and security", i.e. they need to both feel safe and actually be safe.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Performances announced for 2/9~2/11.
    https://ngt48.jp/news/detail/100003105

In addition to another KKS stage, there will be a new 6-member stage on the 9th and 11th, titled 「ただいま!十人十色"Tadaima! Juunin to Iro"
    The members performing on those two dates will be the 6 research students that were promoted with the formation of Team G:
    Kado Yuria, Kusakabe Aina, Seiji Reina, Nakamura Ayuka, Nara Miharu, and Nishimura Nanako.

edit: The stage name the same as their Janken team.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  19. Boma Adhi

Boma Adhi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    松井珠理奈、小田えりな、茂木忍、瀧野由美子、森保まどか
  20. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    ealier this week the tokamachi snow festival snow carnival was cancelled due to an avalanche in niigata causing death. ngt48 was supposed to be in that show.
    a replacement show is now announced, it would be held in a 700-seat hall and due to security reason, ngt48 will not be participating.

non-subscriber cannot view the whole article but in the title says ngt48's appearance is cancelled.
    http://www.niigata-nippo.co.jp/news/national/20190208449963.html

caption of that article:
    cap.jpg

edit: ngt48 had always been participating in this snow fes.

• Informative Informative x 2