[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Am I reading correctly that they're doing two concerts ("NGT48 Spring Concert 2024" and "Homma Hinata Graduation Concert")? :confused: It's not super clear, normally they'd show the times if there's two concerts but there's two bullet points...

2024年4月13日(土)
    ・NGT48スプリングコンサート2024
    ・本間日陽卒業コンサート
    会場:新潟県民会館大ホール
    チケット:2024年2月中旬より受付予定

3. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Yes, Spring Concert around noon, Homma Hinata graduation concert in the evening
    https://twitter.com/official_NGT48/status/1754022395239936426
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
  5. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Nanamin and Yuuha try out an app called 'AI Song Maker':

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  6. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The 163rd and final broadcast of 'NGT48 Ramen Club':

7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  8. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Local news report of group members planting rice with the support of kindergarten children:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    I have one serious question, Why is the group even existing? They have the lowest sales out of ALL48, when it comes to Japanese groups. They are barely releasing anything. It's not only frustrating for fans, but also it is for members, especially for new gens, they joined for idol activities without the basic department, which is releasing singles. Nishigata stays in this group until she is 30, and nothing really happens during her tenture. If there is someone saying sth. positive about this group, they get disagreements, as people are still salty about the Yamaguchi Maho case.
    So, why does the group still exist?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    That is the BEST and fitting punishment this group gets. And that includes for all the members who witnessed and were there during Maho's case but did not do anything abt it. Not even at least supporting maho.

I guess nishigata were also there too during the case? Yes, that is the perfect punishment for her. Making sure she achieved nothing next to her name. Besides being an enabler!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Simple answer: because they are doing more stuff than one may thinks.
    NGT48 have become a very local idol group. And although not very talked about (to say the least), they managed to grab a few partnerships, such as Albirex basketball. Not something big like a nationwide CM deal, but manifestly enough to fund their needings. Enough to run a 4th gen audition (so they have some interest localy), or keep their theater running.
    They keep attending some local events (close exemple), have at least 1 weekly radio show.
    Sure their sales are far from being impressive, they have troubles reaching 6 digits numbers in their 1st week, just they are selling in the very long run.
    All in all, I'd say they have enough to keep the group alive.

On the Nishigata case, from the few I could gather, she is still one of if not their main event seller.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Nishigata is the only one left out of the members that were originally accused of being directly involved (iirc, it was Nishigata and Tano Ayaka; Ogiyuka, Kato Minami and Yamada Noe were accused of being friendly with them despite them being bullies) and currently, Nishigata is their best seller. Since Ogiyuka graduated, it makes sense that NGT management doesn't want to lose her.

Is it really a punishment for her? I'm not sure. Had the scandal not happened (but Ogiyuka had graduated already), she would probably have been given the center position already at least once. But it's hard to say cause you never know how popular other members might have become if the group had stayed popular. But even without center, she makes the most money for the group (and probably earns the most as well because of that).

By the way, I wouldn't count on their longevity. The additional sales come from additional shipments from hanashikai sales, not because people in Niigata keep picking up their single for weeks to come. For example, looking at "Ano sa, Iya Betsu ni...," Oricon reported 2,899 copies sold on November 8th, 2023 - and 2,904 copies for the entire week, meaning they sold 5 copies that entire week outside of their hanashikai shipments. This single sold 105k after 20 weeks btw so it's not just having "troubles reaching 6 digits in the 1st week," it's more like having "troubles reaching 6 digits at all."

Personally, as long as this group exists I know HKT48 doesn't have to disband. If a group with such low sales as NGT48 can continue with so many members, HKT48 is probably fine as well.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  13. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Comedian and YouTuber Hamaguchi Masaru went backstage at a concert to talk with Natsuki, Hinochan, Mocchan and Yuuha:

• Like Like x 2
  14. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Another collaboration video with Hamaguchi Masaru ('Will they form a band?'):

• Like Like x 2
  15. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 1
  16. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Naniwa Danshi, ≠ME, ME:I, IVE and now NGT48 are all releasing on the same day...

My predicition is
    1. Naniwa Danshi
    2. ME:I
    3. ≠ME
    4. NGT48
    5. IVE

EDIT: Just found out Tsubaki Factory is also releasing that day. I think they'll come before NGT48

Last edited: Jul 15, 2024 at 6:25 PM