1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    But isn't the main point of following idols is to see them transform from nothing to real stars?

Finally.

2. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
  3. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I wonder if the group will end up like this...

if the video does not show watch the video here

4. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    Oh! Yea, you're right lol. I missed the "region" part. :^^;:

5. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Well, something new to be curious about, I guess.
    Hopefully, it won't turn out to be 苦手48.

6. kingmar

kingmar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    When Nogizaka46 and HKT48 were formed back in 2011 I can still remember the excitement of seeing a new 48 Group come into being, and having the opportunity to see both groups grow over the coming years.

That being said, I can't help but be cynical about this new group. I assume they must have some very serious backers or have done their research well - by all accounts, Niigata is also a rather strange place to choose as it has a much smaller population base to draw upon (and isn't particularly easy to get to from Sendai either due to all the mountain crossing you have to do).

It also seems like they have dropped all pretenses of writing new stages. Stages aren't where the money is.

At the very least it should keep the money rolling in - money rolling in means PVs for most songs, frequent events and other fan goodies. But I can't help to think that when it comes to yet another 48 Group, less is more.

7. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Anyway apart from the nugu team 8 girl who isnt even in the top 16 of team 8, who else are from Niigata prefecture?

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

RYUTist are awesome!

if the video does not show watch the video here

But nah, if anything, they'll benefit from 48 opening a branch there.

9. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

hmmmm all them low budget mvs :^^;:

10. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    ^Please, that's what local idols is about :)

11. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    It would be quite a task to find somewhere to park a new 48 group where there aren't local idols.

12. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Maybe Aki-P will ask them to be the seed for the new group... (no, I don't think the word 'impossible' is in Aki-P's dictionary...)

13. Ayi Deviru

Ayi Deviru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    @CherryBonchan well, let's hope the best for the future of the group. It seems it will be much harder for members to get into senbatsu, i just afraid if even the original member hard to get into the senbatsu line up in their own group. Old generation members that had never been pushed will never get in senbatsu line up. it is a bit sad to me if this happen. Moreover if the OG members have better quality than the younger members.

14. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    Sigh....another group.

Ok, on the surface I don't mind anonther group as it is...meaning a group which has its own theater, songs, tv shows...sort of like Nogi46, as long as it stays that way.

If they try to add these girls to the already massive collection of the other groups for national ranking and TV shows, etc. its just too much, there has to be a saturation point, and honestly I think they've already passed it in some ways!

15. marnchor

marnchor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Intriguing!

I think those who participate in this forum have a slightly more media oriented lens than local fans... So whilst it looks like butter spread too thin nationally, to Niigata or to a local view... It's like getting a Gap or McDonalds. So with government help or a corporate backing, they are setting up here at the roots, try once again the original concept of AKB 'idols you can see and interact with'. It is something which the mgt might have seen whilst on the national tour... And there must be hundreds of super excited girls ( and boys) tonight.

If the eventual model is for 8 to 12 sister groups... Inc SApporo, Naha, Sendai, Hiroshima etc.... We will have the more metropolitan teams, and the more local ones. Like national team selection ( I think all Japanese representative sports work this way) everything filters up to... AKB. Alternatively... Like a J League... Which explains the second draft... ( and another potential pennant race)

Outside of theatre performances, existing cost base can probably absorb additional sister groups on their cd recording and that kind of requirement without major investment ( thinking group wide producing 15 singles vs 13).

Intriguing indeed.

16. Mbbp

Mbbp Kenkyuusei

Haha! I guess Sapporo didn't work out. Well, good luck to them. Niigata is not so far from Tokyo so I don't think they will have that hard of a time.

17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Right, like Softbank in Hakata and Yoshimoto in Namba, I don't think AKS would go out on a limb with some speculative venture, they'd have some significant investors to shoulder the burden.

My other reaction to it was that perhaps the local government in Niigata were involved. The theaters that are a part of the 48-group concert are a tremendous fixed-cost, perhaps Niigata local government offered AKS a deal like "We'll cover the rent for X years if you locate here" or "We'll offer you tax breaks if you promote Niigata to the country", after all keeping Niigata in the group name is sort of like free advertising for the city/prefecture.

In any case, it seems as soon as anything new is announced in the 48-group an air of doom emerges over stage48, I'd prefer to remain at least reasonably optimistic about it.

18. Seshiirio

Seshiirio Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  19. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

We want new stages! For HKT to have 3 singles a year! For more existing members to be pushed! Instead what they do is create a new group that inevitably earn them more money anyway. Well.

20. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    Or, conspiracy theory...the national government is involved and is pushing again to have their younger residents move out to rural areas instead of the cities. :whistle: