1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    They're certainly given much fresher songs, but that's because their signature is much different than AKB's. You're entitled to your opinion, for sure.. but perhaps you haven't really delved into them?

Barette is astoundingly good, and AKB could never pull off a song like that. Kidzuitara Kataomoi would've fallen completely flat had it been AKB...same with Nandome.

Then again, the thought of Nogi doing UZA or Kibouteki Refrain makes me shudder because it'd be like nuns at a rock concert.

It's all about image... and not about quality, especially since quality is so subjective.

The cardboard cutout thing is definitely forced upon them. Like I couldn't tell you any of the girls names aside from Ikoma and Ikuta, and that's only because of their hair. That Mai girl is pretty, but her singing is....Just... Mm. She was offered a position within AKB and she turned it down..thank God. She's meant for Nogi, but not AKB. but yeah, their official photos even have that filter on them that makes them look like porcelain dolls.

At the end of the day, it contributes diversity to 48G.. and I don't give a heck about airtime honestly, since the groups still do well whether or not they're in the spotlight. A new group gives new diversity, so I'm all for it.

Each group has their own signature "sound" and "image," so I look forward to seeing what NGT48 cooks up.

2. うぃむ33

うぃむ33 Kenkyuusei

I love that they are getting a new group, it was one of my biggest hopes this year.

But why Niigata.....???
    Sapporo has almost twice the pop. And much more media. It's a much more metropolitan place as well. The only things better in Niigata are 1. transportation and 2. probably a sponsor who'll help ¥¥¥ more than in SPR.

I've trusted them before, so I'll trust them again this time, but I feel like a great opportunity was missed in Sapporo.

Even on japanese forums the questions are all there (it's too small, too countryside, no media, why not Sapporo, ...). I think everyone's shocked lol

3. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Well there's always an opportunity to grow. What is expected isn't always the best option, I guess.

I hope this is where the future of Team 8 lies... I really hope they get a member like Sasshi or Aika to leave AKB to pioneer this new group. I'm all for a reshuffle.

4. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    The original comment was specifically about musical quality. Nogi is focused on that only.

5. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Uhh...Niigata??? WHAT!?!?!?

Seriously...why would they open up a new branch in Niigata??? I'm shocked - this is very surprising. We've been waiting for one in Sapporo...but Niigata? That was not in our roadmap. I don't understand about it.

6. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    How do you quantify that? What makes Nogi's catalog of higher quality?

7. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I was talking about the abilities of the individual members, and Akip has specifically stated that Nogi's "selling point" is their music on 755. So there's that.

8. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

We have the perfect center already :awesome:
    [​IMG]

9. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I'm still not all for it... the songs are good, but if they're focused on music quality, then I think they need better singers. Ikuchan can't save them.

Kodoku Kyodai was such a perfect song, but it makes my ears bleed...and Ikoma....:fp:

On-topic:

Their first stage had better be HW2 or A6.

10. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

If you are looking for talents 48G including nogi arent the place for you. Some might be talented but its not outstanding either :fp:

11. plomeplome

but isnt she a nobody even in team 8?

12. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

I wasn't serious about it :^^;: And she is a "Senbatsu" member in Team 8, actually.
    (And I like her a lot, which was the main reason for my post in the end haha)

13. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Because they've never been revived or because of the quality of the stages? I'm interested because while I like both quite well, they wouldn't be in my top 5 favourite stages.

Some of my favourites stages though are getting to the point of being over performed (like K6 and B3) and something different would be good. A6 and HW2 are probably the least performed stages (104 and 108 respectively) and it would probably be good to see someone else giving them a spin. Please for the love of satan at least don't let it be A1 again, I'm kind of ok with it being done by Team 8 but another team doing it would be too much.

14. plomeplome

I didnt know that lol, I assume she is a nobody since according to wiki48 she wasnt picked for AKbingo perfs

15. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    What i think of, is that Sapporo48 looks way too much overkill now that NGT48 have been officially announced.

this is an uncontrolled growth. HKT looks like they are having a momemtum, but our handshakes in Kyuushuu region are not so good. You can't expect a group to be an instant success because it has 48 in the end of their name. The environnment is important too. SKE has their dance oriented flavor, NMB has their comedy flavor, HKT got this underdog/Rookie flavor, and team 8 has "idol who go meet you" concept. Niigata need to pull something special and clarify their target in order to only "live" as a legit group.

16. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Perhaps using the word "nobody" isn't the most appropriate choice?

17. kfcephalopod

kfcephalopod Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    To be fair, Shiorin has been getting a bit of a push lately after winning the Nemousu LINE competition. Since then she has been selected for AKBingo, Kouhaku, and the anniversary concert. She's more like back row "senbatsu"/first row "undergirls" in Team 8 if that analogy makes any sense? So not exactly a nobody but still not exactly one of the team's big faces.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  18. owadananaoshi

owadananaoshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    owadanana
    i heard that they're also making a international sister group in manila,phillippines where i was born :D

19. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Actually, when all the rumors of SPR48, i really doubt that it will be there, is too far from Tokio, i was thinking in Sendai actually... i missed for not that much i suppose :^^;:

20. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Its all about the tone. Nothing else, including technical skill, matters since no one actually cares

But back on topic: its probably Niigata since the trains are a simple 2 hours one way, and its like going from Boston to NYC (actually closer, since it takes 3 hours each way) as opposed to anywhere further away.