[GENERAL] THE NMB48 thread!

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Dec 7, 2010.

1. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    It could very well be that they only had 18 slots and had to make a decision. The better question is posed this way: who would you drop in place of Aapon/Saepii/Azusa?

2. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

I would drop anyone from the last row or even Airi for Saepii and Aapon. At least Saepii has some momentum going while Airi is just...there. I really don't get why they saw the need to give a place to Shion or Chihhi. Has Chihhi's HS improved since she got the senbatsu treatment?

Also the front row has my eyebrows furrowed. Yuuri and Nagisa before Fuuchan? Excuse me for having oshi goggles on but that's some mighty bullshit. And of course there's always the special case of Aayan.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  3. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    @Sae Chan This is a bot, so what are its followers supposed to really say?

@Timmeon: hands off Ayaka! :p

Yuzuha and Momoka might have a long way ahead... Other four are in, OK. If only I could have a chance to appreciate such single, please, still waiting since Nagiichi...

4. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    What if the choice was Lemon/Momoka or Saepii/Aapon? Would that make it harder?

I'll give you Saepii but Aapon? Really? Is the senbatsu supposed to be a reward system or is it supposed to be a vehicle to give new members a chance? There's the struggle that management has to consider. Nothing is ever black and white. If your logic is that Aapon deserves it for all her hard work, then why are you so happy that Miru is center and GOD EMPRESS YAMAMOTO SAYAKA is 2nd row? Remember that NMB cares very little about AKB single sales. If Aapon's fans decided (and I know this for a fact) to sacrifice buying handshake tix for her for BokuIgai so they could focus on AKB Senkyo single, why should NMB management be happy about that?

I personally wouldn't have dropped any of Saepii/Aapon/Azusa but I can't really sign off on dropping anyone even from the back row since I'm not that cruel. I'm just happy I don't get to make that decision. Chihhi has always been the golden girl, sort of like a mini-Jo. NMB management has been trying to push her for soooooo long that its unlikely they would give up after finally finding enough justification to get her into Senbatsu.

Plus, you know, there are things that we cannot see. I don't for a second believe Yoshimoto is vindictive. You can clearly see the staff loves all the girls and at the end of the day its a business. There must be a reason they have been so reluctant to put Aapon in senbatsu and basically had to be forced to do it the past 3 times.

Stay salty, man.

5. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Just when i started to like Saepi (not like, but more of a less hate than usual), they dropped her. What i don't get is why drop Saepi but keep Airi? Saepi's doing better in HS iirc and she outranked Airi on the prelims.

All i wanted was for Saepi to be dropped out of senbatsu, but when it happens, somehow i have a problem with it. The irony. (I would've been happy with it tho if Airi's also dropped)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    It can't be healthy to hate someone you've neither met nor interacted with so much.

7. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    It ain't healthy, but it sure does feel good

• Like Like x 1
  8. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

I always thought the senbatsu was both. If it only was for giving new members a chance it would be full of 100-yen chans. (Which it kinda is now anyway because many senbatsu staples have graduated.) There's always winners and losers and I stated my prefered members I would like to see in senbatsu. I don't see how that is reprehensible. Of course management isn't vindictive (or at least I hope they're not). But they are "cruel" regardless what they do. Someone gets the shaft at the end of the day. So they're "cruel" to Saepii and Aapon and Azusa and all the other members who didn't get a chance in senbatsu this time.

You would react the same way if it was Yuuri who got dropped a few positions even though she's now the 4th best selling member in the group. You're of course happy. And I give you that. But that doesn't mean I have to be especially happy about it. lol
    I get that management sees the potential for Yuuri to blow up even more, so it makes sense rationally. Don't really get Nagisa tho. She's been stagnant for years now.

Maybe it would be a good idea to throw senbatsu positioning into a blender in general. Adopt a bit of the Keyakizaka mindset. But somehow it's hard for me to apply it to NMB. Too much conditioning I guess. Too many members I like more than others.

9. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    That's exactly my point though. I, as a fan, do not want to make that decision but I do recognize that the decision needs to be made. We don't really know what factored into making it and people are twisting themselves into pretzels to try to come up with justifications as to why or why not.

Seeing as I do not hold strong opinions about how or which girl needs to be in the senbatsu for the ones on the border (except a general, we need to start building up new stars) I can take a step back and say that I can kind of see what they were going for if I squint really hard.

Your last point about creating a revolving door is funny too when you consider that we've had discussions on this board about just putting random girls into the back row to give them experience but the moment management actually does something similar (not saying they are doing it in this case, only that they might be) people start throwing their hands up because their favorite border-girl was the one who got the axe. I will come clean and admit that Yuuri got her big break when management expanded senbatsu to a ridiculously large number (22) rather than kick people off to accomodate her though.

They probably see Nagisa as their Nana replacement more than Fuuchan. Plus Fuuchan's Senkyo thing and maybe they're subtly hinting at something.

10. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It's also about who's suited best for the song. For a bikini single you want girls who look good in a bikini and on that justification I'd drop Momoka and Lemon like a pair of hot rocks. In the revealed pics Momoka looks like some kind of beach bum surfer dudette and well.... Lemon looks like Lemon. Whereas Saeppi is kind of hot and Aapon fills out a bikini very well indeed.

11. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Bunka Hosou (I think they have the AKB radio show Listen!) ran a contest where they asked listeners to choose the "Looks Only Sosenkyo" and it was basically overran by 46 BUT NMB was able to get 3 members to rank in.

4. Yamamoto Sayaka
    13. Ota Yuuri
    20. Shiroma Miru

Its nice that our girls are getting recognition even from the semi-general public.

12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  13. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Yes, JOQR is Bunka Hosou.

14. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    It should be best to copy the list, as it will be gone soon:

1位  白石麻衣(乃木坂46)
    2位  松井珠理奈(SKE48)
    3位  佐々木琴子(乃木坂46)
    4位  山本彩(NMB48)  
    5位  横山由依(AKB48) 
    6位  渡辺麻友(AKB48) 
    7位  西野七瀬(乃木坂46)
    8位  相楽伊織(乃木坂46)
    9位  堀未央奈(乃木坂46)
    10位  齋藤飛鳥(乃木坂46)
    11位  菅井友香(欅坂46)
    12位  鎌田菜月(SKE48)
    13位  太田夢莉(NMB48)
    14位  松村香織(SKE48)
    15位  渡辺梨加(欅坂46)
    16位  松村沙友理(乃木坂46)
    17位  生田絵梨花(乃木坂46)
    18位  長濱ねる(欅坂46)
    19位  渡邉理佐(欅坂46)
    20位  白間美瑠(NMB48/AKB48)

たくさんのご応募ありがとうございました!
    I don't really get the fascination with icicles or grannies, Ashu being so low is a head-scratcher as well.

Edit: hoooold on, something is wrong with this list, I see Kaotan here! :shocku:

15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  16. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Sayaka did a Showroom where she BOUGHT 47 CDs and votes for each and every NMB member. It took her 2-3 hours to do this.

The NMB captain is a national treasure.

17. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Voting is over for the 9th Sosenkyo. Thank you to everyone who voted for an NMB girl. Lets hope we get a lot of our girls to rank in this year!

18. David B

David B Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Did I read someplace that NMB48 had closed their shop in Osaka or am I just imagining that? If they have, can anyone recommend someplace where I can buy NMB oshimen items when I'm in Osaka later this year?

19. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    No, the AKB cafe closed in Namba. The NMB shop is still alive and well.

20. David B

David B Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

That's great news, thank you :)