[GENERAL] The Nogizaka46 thread!

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    if she is a fan favourite since the early days, why not just push her right away. no big backlash for now unlike momoko that seems is going to get hoshimina treatment for now.

2. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Ask Maiyan. She knows why.

3. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Yep. Everyone love's 3rd gen tho..

4. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    Spot on :D

5. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Kimi no Na wa performance at Nagashima Seira's graduation concert from the Under album DVD. It's alright to cry...

Sort of sums up feelings during these grad announcements.

6. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    i kinda agree to this, 3rd gen is really powerful, got to see some people who dont know nogi but somehow they became a instant fan just because of a member in 3rd gen....

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Tbh, imho they're not that strong. They just lucky to get full support from the management also they came in the perfect time; when the first gen, the best gen, start to graduate.
    If you compared them with 2nd gen, there's not much different. The only big difference is they get push as a group while only Hori who get that major push from 2nd gen.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    Kinda agree. Even Shitara-nii mentioned that 2nd gen came in during the rise of Nogi, thus for the most part the priority was still for 1st gen.

TBH original 2nd gen rooster should have been strong like 3rd gen. Unfortunately most of them quit.

9. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    The difference in treatment of the staffs between 2nd and 3rd gen is b/c 2nd gen was supposed to be Nogi’s undergirls, while 3rd gen is supposed to be the replacement of 1st gen and the future of Nogi.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    so, 4th gen gonna be under staple again by the look of it?? because 3rd already took the priority to replace senbatsu members..
    but still...the unfairness is too obvious for 2nd gen..at least for 1st gen,they all had tasted to be a senbatsu although now they wont get in again..but why cant those 2nd gen member be selected for once..by now, all of them should already experience to be a senbatsu if sony just put them one by one in the single..

11. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Management is doing right with 3rd gen from the beginning, promoting cohesiveness between members by accepting all showroom candidates, promoting them as a group and take turn to push members as center. A major contrast with 2nd gen who only pushed Hori.
    I think 4th gen will get similar treatment as 3rd gen, considering they will need to prepare for more 1st gen graduating. 3rd gen alone will not be enough.

12. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Sorry to say this but 3rd gen have stronger charisma than 2nd gen as a group and as individuals. Who knows if those early 2nd gen graduates (well there's only few of them) can make any difference. But the worst thing really is how they were treated.
    They did all the right thing with 3rd gen after they did the opposite to 2nd gen. Yeah sure unfortunately it was during Nogi's rise but the blunder of sudden airdrop for the 7th single is the first wrong move. Are they really trying to pull a Sakura with Hori?
    No hate to Hori and her fans, but I somehow think if management pushed the right 2nd gen or if there is a better choice to push at the time. Either way like many already mentioned, why only one got majority of the push? That's their bigger mistake. 1 or 2 Senbatsu appearance for each 2nd gen wouldn't hurt. And it doesn't have to be in successive singles. The more they bury 2nd gen to UG, the less recognition they get. We never got the chance what potential they had and now it's just impossible to undo the damage. We all know how degrading it could be. You feel you're not good enough for Senbatsu.
    Sad reality, those remaining non-Senbatsu 2nd gen will just graduate quietly. If they can't put Miria in while Denchan just swoops in just like that, what chance does Karin, Junna, Rena or Kotoko have? Did I miss someone?
    But with 3rd gen, it was a smooth, gradual build up. Well, the fact that they're just so awesome made it all work out well. My bias couldn't be more obvious, right? :p Though I really feel putting Denchan to Senbatsu is a reminder of the unfair treatment for 2nd gen. That they'll always get the short end of the stick.
    I hope they'll do the same 3rd gen treatment with 4th gen. 2nd gen is like the unwanted child, in comparison 3rd is the favorite.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  13. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

The charisma you said, it's because they get the chance and they deliver it well. While the 2nd gen didn't get that chance. If i remember correctly, they need two years to be accepted as under member without any song unit. Even worse, it's need to wait until koujichuu aired to them to get a little bit segment. No hate to 3rd gen, but how if 2nd gen get the same treatment as 3rd gen?
    I like the cuteness that 3rd gen member bring, but somehow i still didn't yet get the ojou-sama image from them.

Perhaps yes, 2nd gen is supposed to fill nogi under, but let be honest, at the time the senbatsu member was strong. Even Asuka and Misa isn't a perma senbatsu. And then soon after, suddenly Rena came in as a kennin. Put her as an under member is unacceptable.

We only could think, how if the 2nd gen get the chance that the 3rd gen get..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    And now... people are arguing about 2nd Gen. HAHAHAAHAH

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  15. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

16. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I can't argue with that. But another thing that comes to mind, can 2nd gen pull off a coupling song like 3rd gen did? We can't answer that, like you said and most of us agree, they didn't get that opportunity.
    Did management see the potential with 3rd gen but not with 2nd gen? Or did they just ignore it and someone decided one 2nd gen girl push is enough? So, we can come up with different questions but no clear answer, that's just it. We can't do nothing about 2nd gen. It's just Hori and the chosen few.
    By the looks of it, 3rd gen is here to carry Nogizaka into the future. I think they're experimenting with 3rd gen, see which members have the most potential, those that will be accepted by fans.
    Btw, I read Kitano will center UG. Could be her ticket back to Senbatsu. Happy me!!! :D

17. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

After seeing what happen with Miria and Kanarin, i dont really believe that Under Center is a guarantee to get the senbatsu on next single :whistle:

18. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    LOL! :D
    But seriously, if 2nd gen will never have the chance to be treated the same as the 3rd gen, then I guess a change of perspective needs to be done and that is "making unders stronger" and I kinda like the path the unders are taking now. They're not the same "unders" that I know in the past. With the quality of songs and MVs that they're getting, they've sure gotten a lot stronger now.

(Food for thought: I yearn for the day when senbatsu and unders are on the same page but would that even be possible?)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Maybe the reason why you can’t get the ojousama image from th is that I don’t think they really have that ojou-sama rep in them that can carry that image for their whole gen. Even 2nd gen don’t have that. Honestly, for me, I see 3rd gens as the cute team and 2nd gens as that happy-go-lucky team. And I’m okay with that. I think it’s the 1st gen that we can see as ojou-sama because they started the group promoting that image and ofcourse, they have Ikuchan as the ojousama of all ojousamas lol.
    I hope the 4th gen will also have their own positive image that could help them gain support from the fans to help the group, especially when most of 1st gens popular members already graduted

20. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Hopefully the ojou-sama image didn't gone when all the 1st gen graduated.