1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Nogizaka46 thread!

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Nogizaka46 appointed to be a main supporter of High School Student Quiz for the 4th time. Probably one song in the next single will be a main song for this event.
    IMG_20190416_044243.jpg IMG_20190416_044214.jpg IMG_20190416_044229.jpg
    https://twitter.com/quizNTV

• Like Like x 5
  2. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Nogi selected as Main Supporter for Japan Highschool Quiz for 4th straight year
    FB_IMG_1555365530163.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

im in line with you basically. but yeah another people could held different view from us and see the subtle approach kind of bore them and prefer more direct/to the point

its just my impression. both always has mature image but yeah again we cant be so sure for now

4. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

Now that Nogizaka is huge in terms of fame and success, I guess my fear is if they try to keep growing more by attracting audiences that need to be attracted first by lewd stuff, these aren't the audiences Nogizaka needs anyway. I wonder if that kind of audience is more prone to toxic sort of fandom (that like to troll/shit talk members). Of course I could be totally wrong :p If their first contact is the lewd stuff, they might be least concerned with the scandal stuff that's concerned with "purity" and stuff like that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thundrakkon

Thundrakkon Kenkyuusei

The new Fanta commercial for the darling Nogi-chans. It is so cute and funny.

The link below has a lot of pictures from the interview, if anyone wants to see that.
    https://tokyopopline.com/archives/115021

15 seconds commercial

if the video does not show watch the video here

Making of video

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. kazuya

kazuya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    My friend walks into a souvenir shop in Sendai.....

[oversize image removed]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2019
  7. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Does anyone here feel that Nogi, for this past year only got mediocre material for their single, album and lastly their drama? It feels like mngmnt think that anything they give to Nogi will be sold, because Nogi already has strong fandom. They will buy it regardless of the material quality.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    You posted this in the wrong thread. Look down a few threads for the one titled, "Unpopular Opinions." LOL!

9. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

I feel that. Seems now Sony want throw the good things to their sister. I hope management give Nogi a good material for 23rd because this is the transition single.

10. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

lol i can see what you mean but i have not much worried about [hehe] . well i'll say any kind of fandom quiet prone with toxicity. i mean everything can be fell on "fascism" even the one that so concerned with purity can turn no different with troll if they take thing so seriously.

while it does subjective i wonder if we take it into the consensus. for me personally i'd seen these kind of issue/tendency like everywhere, where artists/performers inclusions the latter point of their career tend to be underwhelmed compare to their earliest. and let's be real here, that this kind of stuff was money machine for sony since beginning. i dont think/and feel like keeping 3 single release each years can followed/marked with consistency on quality instead by not risking so much and just following the established formula. luckily for idol culture --and even music scene in japan-- supporting music was probably like/reminiscence of what we have seen in sport culture.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  11. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Are you implying that Synchronicity is just a "mediocre material"? A "mediocre material" that got them a Japan Record Awards?

Poor Maiyan, it's been age that she got to be the center of a song and that song was just a "mediocre material" song.~

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Nah, Synchronicity is arguably their best to date, and personally for me it's among their top 3, both the A-side and the whole single. I can't say the same about Jikouchuu, Kaerimichi and this album though. But at least I still like some B-sides from those 2 singles.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    swap any last 3singles with any older 3singles, you will get the same results. it means that you either already bored with nogi or you get hook with other groups. unless newer nogi song will become mega hit song like 365 or koisuru, you will still think that any new release by nogi is boring.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

I'm agree with Synchro is one of their best single, but what i feel mediocre is single, album, or the drama after that. Well i still like under song from 21st and 22nd tho.

15. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Sales numbers =/= good song. Koisuru is a perfect example. That song makes my ears bleed.

In general, I think the releases of the past year or two were of exceptional quality. Not necessarily the a-sides. Jikochuu was great but the others were playing it too safe. The true gems are in the b-sides. Since Influencer, every single (except Nigemizu) has a kami level song.

The 4th album is another story though, but you'll have to await my review if you want to know my opinion of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Jikouchuu was also composed by Nazca which is a completely different composer than your 48G composers. They are two members from a rock band and they debuted the idol industry with Eccentric for Keyaki. Then Abunakkashii Keikaku and Hiraishin before mngmt decided to push Nazca with A-side for both Nogi (Jikouchuu) and Keyaki (Kuroi Hitsuji).

They probably should stick with 48G composers and new composers for Nogi. Never change something that isn't broken.

17. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Which is ironic because the biggest criticism Jikochu gets is that it sounds too much like an AKB song.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

Is it even possible to compare the quality of songs without talking about popularity, i.e. sales of the song? The quality of a song seems like it can only be subjective. Like, how do you compare how good Jikochuu is with Kaerimich or Guru Guru Curtain... I have no idea (unless this belongs in the Unpopular Opinions thread).

And as for a popularity of a song, you also have to separate it with the popularity of the group. If the latest single sells 5 times more than the first single, that doesn't mean the latest single is 5 times better than the first single. I think you have to come up with some... formula. Like sales of song divided by sales of the whole group for that single period. Or number of Youtube views of that song MV divided by number of all Youtube views of all videos uploaded by the group that single period or something, idk. Something like that would probably clearly show that Silent Majority was popular compared to other Keyaki songs, or Fortune Cookie was more popular than other AKB songs, for example. Another measure is karaoke popularity, maybe. Each karaoke play has to be literally entered by someone and the song played. You can't just "buy" 10 copies like fans do for single CDs (well you can, but I don't think many people go to a karaoke booth and just repeat the same Nogi song over and over lol).

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Which I find strange, because the similiarities are only on a superficial level. Once you dissect the songs and all of the elements that make it up, the compositions couldn't be more different. I can do a one on one detailed comparison if someone is interested.

• Like Like x 2
  20. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

looks no further.. the only objective reference we could only use here
    https://rateyourmusic.com/list/semss46/the-best-of-nogizaka46-1/
    well okay kidding :awesome:
    even if we have experts to break down the song by notation, composition, arrangement or any technical consideration/jargon, thing is still depend to each individual perception regard.
    popularity vote+consensus rating from the fan i think still the only way if you want to measure the likeability of each songs, the tendency. ofc by basic requiremnt for everyone should gave fair listening to those 140-150 songs, at least
    airplay or karaoke is still relative factor i think.

• Like Like x 2