1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Nogizaka46 thread!

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Here is fine, but you could've put it in her thread: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/yakubo-mio-4th-gen.22501/

Thanks for the heads up!

From here on out, every concert is going to be a graduation concert and every single a graduation single... so buckle up your oshimen is next...

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. otabe

otabe Member

Oshimen:
    soranyan
    not sure where else to talk about this but I recently gotten my cousin into nogizaka by showing her the hatsumori bemars drama [hehe] she's now watching through doko & going through the singles. I'm spreading the good word :banana:

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Nikkei Ent Female Idol Group Ranking
    IMG_20190602_155941.jpg
    Nogi Public Recognition Ranking
    Maiyan - 61%
    Erika - 38.5%
    Asuka - 33%
    Manatsu - 26.5%
    Kaz - 21.5 %
    Ringo - 21%
    Reika- 16.5 %
    Maichun ; Miona - 13 %
    Zukki; Momoko ; Hoshino- 12.5%
    Yoda - 11%

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Nikkei Entertainment Idol PowerRanking 2019..

IMG-20190602-091325.jpg
    #2 Mai shiraishi
    #5 Erika ikuta
    #6 Asuka saito
    #14 Akimoto manatsu
    #19 Kazumi takayama
    #20 Sayuri matsumura

• Like Like x 3
  5. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Wow, Maiyan 's lead is so huge.
    And I'm surprised Momoko is more than Yoda...

6. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

JP celeb with most followers in Weibo
    IMG_20190602_202024.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Zaebore

Zaebore Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takamoto Ayaka
    Stomp your feet, clap your hands, and bring a big smile! Sing Out to Nogizaka's official Youtube channel for getting 1 million subscribers! Lalala!~

• Like Like x 3
  8. Nogipunch

Nogipunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kumi
    I'm a new fan and started out by watching Nogizaka variety shows only. I can feel who the most popular members but why is Yoda so popular/famous? I don't see anything special with her and she isn't even that cute, then again I haven't followed 3rd gen at all outside of nogichuu/nogibingo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Because she's actually really, really cute.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    It's a mystery how fandom works, but since you haven't followed 3rd Gen then here's some of her history...

During their SHOWROOM auditions in 2016, Yoda was one of the top viewed auditioning members. So she always had the eye of the fandom from the start. Management gave her a bit more of a nudge. She's the first 3rd Gen with a photobook. Also was center for the single, Nigemizu, back in 2017. Then she has been associated with the most popular member, Nishino, for the last year. All that adds up to lots of FaceTime as a front member of the group so thats's how she got to be popular. I'd argue she was always so from the start.

As for what makes her special, if you don't find her cute, I'm not sure what else to point out...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    and the force is strong in her :^O^:

• Like Like x 4
  12. Rwill

Rwill Member

Oshimen:
    Takayama Kazumi Watanabe Rika
    When 19 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Simple, we all have our own taste and preferences. Yoda isn't on the top of my list either (but rising over time, I might add). Some members require some time investment to appreciate as well (Maaya in my case). But there is no formula, and that's the beauty of it.

14. Nogipunch

Nogipunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kumi
    I think I worded wrong, don't mean she isn't cute. Maybe just my opinion, but I always found Yamashita Mizuki and Sato Kaede with greatest visual from 3rd gen, but I always see fandom mentioning Yoda and see her getting to Senbatsu every time. I started to just watch every subbed variety shows and currently still watching Nogichuu and Nogibingo and so far 3rd gen is slowly being highlighted, but they still aren't that great at variety yet.

15. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    She is cute for majority. Not only about her face, but also her gesture. Her clueless reactions attracting more fans. Fans love her imoutoness vibe. She is never trying too hard to seeking attentions. And all made her effortlessly cute.

This kind of effortless have been made Nogi member rise in popularity. Naachan, Ashu, and Yoda in cute category. While Maiyan is effortless beauty, Ikuchan is effortless fun and dork, Nanamin were effortless cool.

Ppls even comparing Yoda's cuteness with Hashimoto Kanna.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Different people different taste. I never get Sato Kaede appeal, never think she is pretty as well. 3rd gen visual for me has always been Momoko, Renka and Mizuki. Kubo and Ume comes next. I don't really find Yoda very pretty as well, just cute. But visual is just one thing. 'Chara' is usually what makes people oshi-ing someone.

17. Doraleous

Doraleous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsuoka Hana
    Hey, um, I just recently got into AKB (or 48G in general), like 3 months ago.

So I had a real newbie question, what is the difference in concept/theme of Nogizaka46 to AKB?

Why should someone prefer one over the other other than randomly liking this or that member looks/personality?

Know nothing about Nogizaka, sorry if it's a stupid question.

18. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    The music.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. TargaK

TargaK Kenkyuusei

If I were to metaphorically compare the two groups to countries, Nogizaka would be that centralized, unitary country where everybody speaks the same language, over 99% of the population is of the same ethnicity and so on (think Japan). Akb would be that decentralized multicultural federation (think USA).
    Nogizaka is a much stricter group in terms of rules (like members not being allowed to have social media accounts, strict SR schedules and so on) and has clearly had less scandals (it has some, but few) than AKB . Nogizaka is clearly more focused on the cute and innocent concept and has a cleaner image in comparasion to AKB who is a mix of a lot of different types of girls. Also, while member rivalry exists in Nogizaka, it is clearly less of a thing compared to akb.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

I’m not sure if you’re asking about 48G or only AKB48, so to clarify, there are two big umbrella organizations, 48G (sometimes referred to as AKB) and Sakamichi. AKB48 was the 1st 48G group. Nogizaka was the 1st Sakamichi group, founded as the “official rival” to AKB48. But the differences are similar whether you’re comparing the two organizations or just the two groups.

48G has more groups and more members, with groups further split into teams. There’s a wider range of idol types catering to niche interests. On the flip side, it’s harder for individuals to get exposure. There’s also more intermingling and transferring between 48G groups. Sakamichi has kept their group cap at around 46 members so far. Every group (or even team in 48G) has their own image, which influences the type of music they produce or members they recruit. Keyakizaka, Hinatazaka, and Nogizaka roughly correspond to cool, cute, and beautiful.

Nogizaka has a classier image and emphasizes more traditionally non-idol industries like acting, modeling, musicals, cultural events, etc. Their gravure is more conservative than AKB, though it can still be lewd. They still do stupid variety stuff on TV, but it’s overall a bit more restrained.

Nogizaka has recently overtaken AKB in terms of sales and career/promotion opportunities. But AKB’s brand is so established that it’s still synonymous with idols, especially overseas. 48G also has sister groups in foreign countries and has done stuff like Produce48 with Korea.

Rivalry and drama is a bigger part of 48G’s culture/appeal. Even within Sakamichi, Nogizaka’s image is a group where everyone gets along. (I’d even guess Nogi members are discouraged from revealing conflict whereas some AKB conflict is manufactured.) One of the biggest differences is that 48G holds a yearly sousenkyo (SSK) popularity contest based on members’ individual sales that determines rankings. This encourages idols to compete harder to win fans. Rankings in Sakamichi can be influenced by popularity but are decided by management. However, 48G’s SSK has been canceled this year. Management claims the hiatus was planned, but everyone thinks it’s because of the NGT scandal.

Speaking of which, Nogi and Sakamichi have had fewer scandals, partly attributable to tighter management and not being around as long. Management also seems to be relatively more lenient toward the few dating scandals, and Ikuta Erika has told her fans to calm down after she kissed men in musicals, lol. The NGT48 scandal is currently still making headlines in Japan, and the problems seem to go all the way to the top, so I guess you could say 48G management is more evil, at least that we know of.

Not to tip the scales too much in Nogi’s favor, but if you want to know who would prefer Nogi vs AKB, why not ask the 146/338 members of 48G who considered joining Nogizaka when surveyed anonymously last year? There’s some discussion towards the bottom of that reddit thread about why that might be.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3