1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Nogizaka46 thread!

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Ah thats right its 11/1 already, omedetou. Congrats too if theres any japanese here turning 20 too.

2. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Congratulations. Did or will they attend the usual ceremony?
    Just two for this year. And next year if the age is lowered to 18, that's 14, cmiiw?
    Pick your arrow :chuffed:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

I counted 16 for next year. Hmmm. Oh and 92’ Class is my favorite!

4. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

1992, 1998 and 1999 were my fav comin of age class

5. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

Does anyone have a source for a raw file for this video but in better quality? It's from 2014.
    Youtube versions, edited weirdly by the uploader:
    if the video does not show watch the video here
    Official Niconico stream page (seems to be unarchived for later viewing): https://live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv172388709

It was a one-off show commemorating the launch of something called 33色のラブストーリー (Love Story of 33 Colors).

6. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

^^I like batch '97 the best. Overall look I like both Inoue and Nakamoto. Looks so clean and feminine.
    But Matsumura wins best hair [hehe]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    What was that 8.5 hour live radio broadcast the members did today all about? Can anyone condense anything important to come from it? I saw that AkiP called in. What did he say? And where are you listening to the Momoko x Sakura duet?

8. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Lovely ladies

• Like Like x 2
  9. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

It’s up on Youtube now if you search 乃木坂三昧. I’m not going to listen to the whole thing, but I listened to Aki-P’s call-in. His sound quality over the phone wasn’t great, so I’m not 100% sure on the accuracy. Anyone's free to clarify or add:

Asuka asks if any Sakamichi group’s songs are more difficult or fun or different to write for.
    Aki-P says no. He’s in a Line group of about 200 people for the song composition. They write in it when deciding what kind of image they want for the group’s songs. When Aki-P listens to a song, he may decide it fits another group better, e.g. a song initially written for Sakurazaka may be switched to Nogizaka. The groups each have their own image, but he doesn’t think ‘because a group is like this, therefore let’s do it like this.’ He used to be opinionated about senbatsu positions and centers in the past, but now he’s unable to view everything, so he leaves it to managers and staff to determine positions.

Manatsu asks as a follow-up, how Boku wa Boku wo Suki ni Naru was decided upon.
    Aki-P says he thought about how, compared to the last song (Route 246), Nogizaka’s other songs had various other charms to them. He makes some kind of metaphor, comparing how when a pitcher throws a ball it determines how the batter hits the ball, is like when management wants a certain approach or change it determines how Aki-P responds with the song.

Ume asks Aki-P’s impression of the 3rd gen.
    Aki-P says that the 1st gen may remember how during an evaluation review meeting after a concert, it was said that the 3rd gen didn’t show “Nogizaka-ness.” But he says Nogizaka-ness is not something to aim for. Only the 1st gen can be like the 1st gen, the same with the 2nd gen, 3rd gen, etc. Basically, the 3rd gen is still figuring out its image. Aki-P talks with managers and staff about how to bring out what’s interesting in the members, e.g. Yamazaki Rena is good at talking about this, therefore let’s do this type of thing; or if the 2nd gen are disadvantaged, how can we give them an advantage, etc. In interviews, he's asked who the next Shiraishi Mai is, but nobody is. The next "Shiraishi Mai" may be someone completely new who shows weakness which inspires people.
    Aki-P says that during group auditions, they don’t average the judges’ scores and they don’t give point scores for skills, looks, etc. If, for example, there are 10 judges, if only 1 judge wants a candidate to get in, then that candidate may get accepted in. So Aki-P tells the members that if you’re here, you can be assured that means there’s someone on the staff who’s supporting (oshi-ing) you. If you’re wondering why your position isn’t higher, it may be because that supporter thinks you don’t have quite enough of that something which they saw in you. Back when he was involved in senbatsu meetings, the staff who supported different members would give presentations about members, with the same sorts of feelings as fans.
    Aki-P says idols often asked him about what they lacked to succeed. He says everyone, fans and management, hopes that idols can find what they lack, but everyone’s different, there’s no correct answer. If everyone had the same answer, they would all have the same character, so don’t imitate others, do what you like to do, don’t be the same as others.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 5
  10. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    ^ That's a lot of good stuff to come out of that interview. Some surprising. I like that we got a tiny, fraction of a glimpse to how they make the sausage. Lots of interesting things to note. I wonder if the other 8 hours has some good information from the members as well?

I wonder which songs were switched? My guess is Futari Saison because of Nanamin's graduation.

I wonder since when did this occur? Was it relatively recent like towards the 17, 18, 19 singles or was it somewhere in the single digits?

Dang. They have been around 4.5 years and still don't know what their image is? Or is it always changing?

Is this how you get the 1st Gen under members into senbatsu? And does it mean that for those who haven't made it into senbatsu (2nd and 3rd Gens), they have no supporters in the staff?

As if it could be summed up as: 僕は僕を好きになる

11. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

I’ve seen talk on the Japanese net that Aki-P was less involved in Nogi’s senbatsu after Girl’s Rule, and Shiraishi/Nishino leading the group wasn’t his idea. The source might be an interview he did, since I seem to remember him saying something like that before. Anyway, I think it was a while ago.
    He was talking in relation to whether they could distinguish themselves from the 1st gen’s legacy, but yeah, it felt like he was saying they needed to figure things out (or maybe he hasn’t watched the 3rd gen enough to give an answer lol).
    Honestly, I think he’s romanticizing the process by placing emphasis on the staff’s support, cuz he never mentions how external popularity factors in. Going by Aki-P’s logic though, everyone including under members have supporters, it’s just that the supporters either don’t think those under members live up their potential yet, or the supporters can’t convince the rest of the staff.
    I read online that at some point during the broadcast, Momoko said “At the beginning, it felt like [the 3rd gen] were all competing and you couldn’t really say we got along well, but gradually our unity became stronger.” That’s all I got :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I did google translate those matome sights relating to Monday's event and ran across both the Aki-P stuff and Momoko's stuff. I don't think I saw too much else but I am forgetting things...

I guess 3rd Gen's image would become more clearer now that they are the ones entrusted with Nogizaka for the most part.

I'm thinking a lot of how we view them will change and has changed as they take on more responsibility. Similar to how we didn't know that 2nd Gen would be overlooked until we saw how 3rd Gen was treated. I thought 3rd Gen was blessed until I see the red carpet rolled out for 4th Gen. It definitely evolves as they mature and Nogizaka changes.

As for Momoko's take, I wonder if it's just her POV? Do the others feel that way especially the ones not in the particular 3rd Gen clique she belongs to?

13. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

This makes me wonder what Junna's 'supporter' thinks she lacks of. She's good at almost everything she does. Acting, dancing, singing, and she's funny too. Or maybe this 'supporter' just saw Junna on the first time as a cute girl who will do a cutesy things to fish people attention and it's clearly Junna lacking on that..

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  14. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    Interesting. Maybe they should apply some of the 'average' method then? Because it looks like it will minimize the repercussions for that idol should the last sentence happen. It's kinda like someone brought you to a party but that someone would then start dancing with others because turns out you're no fun at parties

• Like Like x 1
  15. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

I dont belive much of akip. He is powerful and old and clever man so he think alots before he speak. Its like movies until the end even the interviews. I belive they focus on image in the 1 place and its not bad this is world that people buy. -pretty face-. And then move on other option. Look at all center and the 3 girl near then in all single. Thats it. I think the reason they dont keep maiyon doing center until she leaves is just random idea. Somebody may warn the maneger that the group will turn into. Maiyan and her friend. - -.. Too pretty i said, too much for the girl group. Nanase ekuma ekuta and so on are very... I mean its feel. Like its teams and noone have too much power. Its like if this ikuta miss something then the other one on the right can replace her without much problem... I cant see anyone can replace maiyan... For the topic about songs? I dont do sakura46 much but i guess from the fanclub writing about them. I do fuckuwagon and such. So i think some undernogizaka s song lookalike they can be sakuras song too with just little change. Sometime i watch undergirl do live concert with thier song and it lookalike they doing sakuras song.

• Creative Creative x 1
  16. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Sapporo Ichiban Cup Star “Hitokage to Shoshitsu”. Yodachan the sleuth! Maybe it’s Ikuchan.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

https://star.ap.teacup.com/sazanstreet/33019.html

Total Revenue 2020 (single , dvd , album sales)
    1. Arashi - 14.5 Billion Yen
    2. BTS - 10.7 B yen
    3. Yonezu Kenzhu - 9.7 B yen
    4. King and Prince - 6.33 B yen
    5. Nogizaka46 - 5.96 B yen

11. Keyakizaka46 - 3.34 B yen
    14. Hinatazaka46 - 2.69 B yen
    34. AKB48 - 1.36 B yen
    79. Sakurazaka46 - 589 Million yen

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Sapporo Ichiban Cup Star “Hitokage to Shoshitsu” cont...

19. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    Does anyone have summary of Nogizaka46 penlight colors, including both current and graduated members?

20. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    I do think that the 2nd Gen got it worse than 3rd Gen and they are already very long in the group. I may not have same opinion like the rest but I am also finding out about 3rd Gen's image. 3rd Gen arrived when Nogi nearing or already at the peak. Red carpet is already there for 3rd Gen, not just 4th Gen. Straight to SSA, Tokyo Dome, Kouhaku etc...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1