1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Well remember that Keyaki started that way too (let's forget abt 5th to 9th single lol) except Techi already was getting hated by 3rd Single for centering 3 consecutive times.
    So it seems it was OK for other groups to have 1 person center 4 consecutive times but not for keyaki. I won't hope for someone else to go thru that hate. Fans will love to but haters and antis are always on the way ready to talk bad so for it not to happen again, I pray mgmt do it right in a Sakurazaka way.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. SilentBreeze

SilentBreeze Member

I don't mean negative thing.. but short hair as center.. just remind me of my trauma from keyakizaka46 :(
    Please management!!
    Make it good this time!!!!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. herwandiigarashi

herwandiigarashi Kenkyuusei

The management never learn a lesson after all these years regarding group center.
    hmmmmm...

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    We're drawing conclusions because of hair length now? I don't think that is the right way to judge things. It's also very, very early.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I know we are all skeptic and maybe we will remain so given what has happened but this is a new start for them, a chance to make things right, & we are only making presumptions but maybe they have thought thru a lot too. I am sure they aren't gonna repeat that. They saw how it destroyed the girls. No need to do the same harm again. They are still taking care of the girls and will need to be given the benefit of doubt. Let's just all hope they do the right thing.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    At least half of the Sakurazaka girls have shoulder-length hair or shorter lmao, it doesn't suggest anything. If we have Pon, Risa or Koike at center it'll still be a short-hair center. Judge them on their skills and how they convey the song rather than their hair length. While I do have my picks, I wouldn't be surprised if they make Hikaru center at least first 3 singles since they need to set the tone and image to the public. But choreo can help spread the spotlight on other members as well e.g Dare Kane. I think by this time next year we can see how individual's popularity change and popularity does affect mmg's decision a lot

7. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Sakurazaka46 is starting on a good note. Almost all the remaining members are popular in their own way. Almost all are capable now. And above all they are united in their sorrows, grieves and pain. I don't want to talk abt center position now cos, well, it only bring in the arguments. What I hope and want to see is their efforts being rewarded. If what is being said is true, they are vulnerable still with how society judged them and will still have to be handled with care. I hope the agency do take care of them diligently. The center shld no more be the focus here. It only brought them pain. Like Yuuka wrote, being with this group together, sharing the same feelings is what keep her going and I'm sure the others feel it too. I wanna see them not perturbed by center position, even if mgmt choose to go that way, and only keep each other close to achieve their goals

8. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    In most of the successfull akip groups, the center is always rotated between 2 or 3 people and is almost fixed in the beginning so it should not be a surprise if Morita center the first 3 single. But I have a feeling they'll rotate on 3rd single because it wont take long before Ten's popularity will escalate.

9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I just finished to watch the first day of the Last Concert and there's SO MUCH to say I think I'm gonna make a long a** post soon or later. Surely after watching Day 2 too.

By chance yesterday I went back to read Silent Majority thread and.. well, it was kind of cute because everyone was pleasant and kind.
    It just lasted around 20 pages (lol) but it made me think.
    I'd gladly leave the center discussion to you, but I hope it won't become the only thing to focus on, because like Keyaki before, Sakura already proved to be way more than that.

I thought someone would have posted it by now, but I haven't seen it, so here the link to the project Keyakids made to thank Keyaki
    I think it's too amazing to not be shared like... everywhere.

if the video does not show watch the video here

If you want leave nice comments you can do it under the video or on the organizers tweet:
    https://twitter.com/KYZ_FanProject/status/1315267382458290181
    @heatsignature hope it's fine to post it here...

Peace&Love

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I think It's fine to have the same for the 3-4 singles it's important to have a face that people can easily recognize.
    I know this causes some issues because it feels like the same mistakes will be repeated but we should be positive.
    Also, I think if they're going to repeat the same center, they should keep Risa and Yuipon in 1st row (since 1st row is basically the unofficial Fukujin of Sakamichi groups excep Nogi that has official Fukujin for each senbatsu) it worked well in Hinata with Katoshi and Kyoko so I think they could do the same, so Morita wouldn't have to worry about becoming the only face of the group for GP. Well this is just the 1st single so let's what happens next.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    @Conjyak You think hair length is a good measure? Or how should I interpret your disagreement?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    run will probs stay centre for two or three singles in total but don’t rule out the possibility of wcentres. it’ll help balance out the fear of perma centres and sakura have excellent duo choices for it. i do see girls like hono risa and even koike centring after the first 3/4 singles. just stay positive it’s not like the past for one it’s not an all members senbatsu. a very big change.

future wcentres i would like to see would be run x hono/karin risa x pon etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    i think comparing hinata and nogi's start to sakura is a little tricky since sakura are 'debuting' but the girls have been in the public eye for years now. it's an awkward difference where the girls aren't completely unknown like nogi or hina girls were when they debuted, but the group name is. so unless you knew of keyaki and the rebrand, as a casual viewer you would probably just see this as a new group until the MC says otherwise. based on that, i wouldn't mind if they keep her center with pon and risa flanking, since it would be similar to hinata's start and the public will know their faces more by then, but after that i'd love to see a switch up. something like runrun center for 1-2, then runrun wcenter with another 2ki for 3rd, then pon for 4th, then pon for an album, then tenchan for 5th etc lol

14. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

If people have thoughts regarding the hair length, I believe they're having thoughts about management regarding the hair length, not making conclusions about the member. There's a belief (or meme) that 48/46 group centers are overrepresented with short-haired members. And it's not just fans that have said that.

15. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Since I've heard a lot about Aki-P preferring short-hair girls, I actually do some research to see if this is true. Most girls have their moments of short and long hair, so I look at when they first center. Since I'll mention many girls not from Sakurazaka, I'll put my findings in spoiler.

Short hair: AKB Acchan, HKT Haruppi, NGT Moeka (she has never centered any NGT single but she's still considered an ace by fans? I'm not familiar with NGT so please correct me), Nogi Ikoma-chan, Keyaki Techi and Sakurazaka Hikaru
    Long hair: SKE Jurina and Rena, NMB Sayanee (cut her hair when she didn't get into ssk senbatsu) and Milky, HKT Meru (first center), NGT Nakai Rika (first center), STU Yumirin, Hinata Nao

*Sakura is an interesting case since while she's known for her short hair, 1) she's not pushed as HKT ace 2) her first center position was HKT's 1st single bside, she had long hair then
    *All 4 NGT a-side center have long hair, I'm just counting their first center

After lining up all the names like this, the belief is actually false. The distribution is in fact quite equal between short and long hair, even leaning toward long hair. I do think mmg doesn't actually care if a girl has short or long hair, they're more concern with her potential, whether she could attract attention and fans, and to an extent, if she fits the concept they're aiming for etc.

I'm curious how W-center will work out for Sakurazaka. If I remember correctly people don't really like W-center since it divides the attention among centers? But Dare kane secret quad-center turned out well. I'd love to see Karin-Ten for some dance-intensive songs and Hono-Risa for more mellow ones. I'm also wondering if mmg will airdrop another new 2ki at center for 4th or 5th single. Sth tells me that mmg was aiming for Hikari but she turned out to be shyer than they expected while Rei working her way up

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

I trust your research, but IMO you should compare it with the proportion of all members (or center-viable members) who have short hair (which is why I chose to use the term "over-represented," although that might not be the wording that fans use). For example, let's say a group has 100 members. Let's say 20% of them have short hair. But if 50% of centers have short hair, that shows overrepresentation for short-haired centers, in other words, akip or management "likes" short hair for centers.

I believe another version of this theory is that short-haired members are often chosen or overrepresented for the first center of a group (eg. Ikoma, Hirate yes, Kosaka no), not as much for centers in general.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Runrun's hair isn't even that short... it's already at/past her shoulders and she debuted with even longer hair.
    Weird to be so fixated on hair length. Japanese people don't blink an eye at women with short hair but everywhere else it's such a hoopla or too boyish. 3 of the other 2kis have shorter hair than her at this point... Risa too? But nah, you have to nitpick at the center.

Hikaru was the most popular 2ki by far but instead we get conspiracies that she was chosen because of her hair length.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

The "conspiracy theory" about short hair extends beyond Morita and even Keyakizaka/Sakurazaka.

According to the short hair theory, this means that Yamasaki needs to cut her hair short in the near future...

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I know, and I didn't say anything otherwise. I just think it's a bit extreme to say management didn't learn from their mistakes solely because of this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

This is creative, using the names of Sakamichi groups' members to compose a song.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1