1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    New overture sucks but whatever, I'm still bitter over the whole renaming thing so this doesn't help.
    The whole vice captain thing is so pointless, Nogizaka and Hinatazaka don't have one so why does Keyaki/Sakurazaka need one? As for Fuuchan not being marketable, I guess that's technically true, but Kumi isn't popular either and yet she was given the captain role anyway. But what's done is done, it doesn't matter. Marina will clearly be the next captain.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Speaking of Overture, it doesn't suck per se, but it's certainly not as hype as the original one. I listened to both of them right now and I kid you not, Keyakizaka's Overture still gives me goosebumps every single time to this day. Can't even imagine how people felt at the beginning of the Tokyo Dome live...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

New overture sounds great to me. It's a whole new one, one to go with their journey. I personally love it and it's becos i didn't see it from a keyaki fan's view but as another sakamichi fan, in this case sakura's.
    An overture is how exciting it is & this one is also exciting. The intro is good, mid-tempo hits hard and it builds up towards the end. Once it starts being used in venues, and with fans singing along, it will hit different. Can't wait to see it officially used

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I agree with both @miwa and @turbogig
    It's not matter of Keyaki or Sakura, because Overture is not just a song but THE only song with a precise job to do: hit hard, build up expectations and heat up every single fans. The old one works even if you listen to it at 6 a.m. in your car in the middle of a traffic jam (believe me, it works!), the other one... it may have worked as a normal song. Maybe..

I didn't think of Kumi but it won't surprise me if a captain so different was chosen for Hinata because staff realized "marketable" is not always the right choice. People on twitter also said Sarina is Hinata vice. It was said on Hinaroom but I never knew it.

5. Rev4

Rev4 Member

I have only seen complaints from international fans. Keyaki's overture begins with Spanish guitar lines and then football chant. It was great and suitable for a foreign style Keyaki pushed towards. When I first heard this new overture I was thinking of olympic but it was something I was not used to as Western fan.

They are going to represent the nation like Konno-san said, a cherry blossom symbol. As much as I like Keyaki's overture as the next person I think this new overture suits Sakuzaka. It has some Japanese feel over it like fallen sakura petals in the middle part with melodious line. This overture is more Japanese than any overture from Sakamichi. It's soft and gentle. I have never seen any overture like this before. In fact that they were going to represent the nation you should expect a softer overture to fit their concept.

It doesn't matter if some international fans don't like it, that's their opinion. For same reason some international fans are mindblown by Kimetsu no Yaiba being a phenomenon in Japan because it's a love letter to Japan's culture. Japanese fans love Saku's overture like they worship Kimetsu no Yaiba.

Keyaki had the military concept so it was understandable the overture had a "in your face" attitude. It was hype, yes, because military is very aggressive. I have accepted Saku's overture is different and I enjoy it for what it is.

Keyaki's image was 1kis and most of them have graduated as they are now a smaller group than 2kis. The numbers don't lie. 11 versus 15.

Matsuri was also inevitable to take vice captain position.

• Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^I think you definitely hit the nail on the head for me there Rev! I think a lot of us like the Keyaki overture so much because it gave off that same feeling you would get like before a football match started to get you hyped up. Not many idol groups have intro's that come close to that, so it was unique. But honestly Keyaki's overture fits Keyaki perfectly, I don't see it fitting Sakurazaka the same way. This new overture is still upbeat, fresh, and gets me hyped. My heart still loves Keyaki's overture, but this one is great too.

As for the vice-captain, Congrats to Matsuri! I had a feeling they were already gearing up for it when she mentioned in the SokoSaku ep her desire to 'lead the group', but I'm surprised it happened before Yuuka or Nen graduated. The reason behind it is more than understandable, 2nd generation are quickly becoming the faces of this 'new' group, so i'm happy if any changes made help to push them more. If management keep with the same pace for all upcoming generations, i'll be very happy. It would be great if when the time comes that Yuuka graduates (hopefully after 3rd gen joins), Matsuri can take over as leader and they let a 3rd gen member become vice. Keep that cycle going to bridge the gap between all generation. While also not forgetting the remaining 1st gen. I don't want to see any future gens being left behind like 2ki in Nogi.....

That being said, I don't think Nen's only quality was her captaincy. She's our sergeant for a reason, to lift the members spirits and bring more light to the group when everyone feels glum. I feel she completed that role perfectly in keyaki, especially last year from the graduation train to the lead up to them becoming sakurazaka. So i would like to see her trying to do more for herself in the future, and would love to see mgmt giving her more modelling gigs, or maybe (my wishful thinking) a youtube a la Yoshida Akari style so she can talk more in depth about beauty since she obviously seems to love it a lot. It could also give her the opportunity to get brand deals. Risa, Pon and Habu are already considered strong 1st generation pillars and known faces, so I'd like Nen to be one like that too.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Given how the audience chant along with the overture and wave their green penlights, I'm sure the feeling is amazing for the fans present. Of all the Sakamichi overtures, Keyakizaka's is highly "chantable" for a wota audience. You can also chant along with Hinatakaza's but the pace is faster. The live recordings tend to (heavily) tone down the audience's calls (only some acts let their audience's voices rip in the DVD/BD videos). You have to be there in person in order to get the full experience. Kagai performances (and audiences) cannot duplicate it.

All this makes me miss going to lives in JP (and the fact that I'd never get to hear the Keyakizaka overture live).

spotify_trash.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Moriya gunsou , I strongly wish that she will remain a member of Sakurazaka.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    @Rev4
    I'd have to disagree with you on that one. New Overture is clearly EDM-ish and doesn't give off any particularly Japanese vibes. On the other hand, it does have that trademark chant from every FIFA World Cup official song/Coca-Cola football CM. So yeah, I'd argue that it's as "foreign style" as ever. The thing is, I'm not yet getting what they're aiming for with that "representing Japan" idea. So far I'm not seeing it in the First single nor in their new Overture. Show this Overture to any non-Japanese person and they will not be able to tell that it's supposed to be a Japanese group. I am simple man, for it to be Japanese I'd at least incorporated some sick taiko drum beats (looking at you Runrun) and maybe an odd koto or shamisen here and there.
    Once again, the Overture sounds okay and, as @Iamyoung put it, it will work better in big venues with actual fans, but, as it is, it's got nothing to do with representing Japan.
    GIVE ME A SAKAMICHI ENKA GROUP GODDAMMIT :lol:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. keyakiHAKUoshi46

keyakiHAKUoshi46 Kenkyuusei

sad news. :( rikopi will graduate after the end of 1st single promotion. :(

let's cheer her on and wish her the best~
    ganbare rikopi! <3

10. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    OMG why? Why a 2nd gen grad already???

OK she was the number one bet among all 2nd gen for graduating first among them but NOT so early...

I'm really sorry about this beautiful and elegant girl. Let's hope the very best for her, she really deserves to be a model. I'll miss her strangeness and her subtle facial expressions.

11. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Seems like graduation was on her mind when Keyaki decided to rebrand, but she decided to stay around for a bit to see if Sakurazaka would work for her. Grateful she still have it a try, but sad it has to end so soon.

As for the timing, it’s possible that she’s doing it now because they’re preparing for the 2nd single behind the scenes (and she wants to graduate with 1st single activities)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Any graduation is sad, but I saw it coming, she kinda disappeared when Keya became Saku... I can only wish her the best in life!:(

14. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Well, there you have it, folks.
    Not completely unexpected, but still sudden. Maybe Rikopi's disappearances during the last couple of months have something to do with all this.
    Still feels very strange, as just yesterday I listened to Pe-chan's recent Yuugata Paradise where she said that in 2021 she wants to hang out with Matsudaira the most.

15. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    If Rikopi's dissapearances were involving some (let's say) juicy modelling contract, then I wouldn't mind about her grad. What matters most is the well-being of all girls and a career in a field she wishes most is far better than a 3rd row even in a succesfull idol group.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jerome Phoenix Wilson

Jerome Phoenix Wilson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nibu Akari and Watanabe Miho
    I seriously hope that Seed and Flower have, at best, everything under control. I don't want to believe that there are still lingering problems within the group.

SokoSaka has made me laugh so hard ever since their change from Keyakizaka. This funny, fresh new start is the greatest thing ever and I want it to remain that way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Mngmnt sucks today like it sucked yesterday; it's the only thing they didn't think to change.

18. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I've noticed it's so unusual to see Sakurazaka girls on japanese tv. You often see some Nogizaka or Hinatazaka members partecipating on tv variety shows, quizzes, programs etc. It's quite common to see somewhere a Nogi or Hinata girl on jp tv. For Sakurazaka seems different. Of course it happens with them too, but mostly as a group when they have to promote something, but for the rest they seem so less requested compared to other sakamichi girls.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Riaru topic: savings

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  20. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Well the girls aren't good at variety, we all know that. But yeah, ultimately they're not as requested as the other two groups. Sakurazaka is now the least sought after group out of the Sakamichi groups. Plus they seem kind of detached from the other two, Hinatazaka and Nogizaka have collaborated a couple of times in the past but Sakurazaka seems all alone.