1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I kinda feel a bit sorry for Akanen. From vice-captain to 3rd rower. Ouch!

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I think it’s a good decision and will give these girls a chance to show off their talents and their own interpretation of the songs. Hopefully this will create some buzz for them and maybe it would become an annual event (with the Unders at that time)? I don’t see mmg scraping the Saku8 system anytime soon. They may switch up the members a little bit but would stick with the system at least until new gens come and they have to add more members to senbatsu

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I humbly apologise to the admins for posting this here as well APART from posting it in Fuu-chan's thread, but I'm soooo happy that I have to scream this to everyone:

63. (255) [4|0] [K46] Saito Fuyuka {+33,0}, 33

My Fuu-chan!!! Jumped up almost 200 ranks!!! I'm getting crazy... I'll definitely get drunk tonight!!!

• Like Like x 5
  4. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^ I was surprised she even jumped ahead of Yuuka, good job guys!

I think the 3rd row live is a perfect opportunity for the girls to gain some new fans and promote themselves, the Sakura 8 and extended 6 members in senbatsu are very solid members so if any of them want to compete for a position in Saku8 then they really need more fans (judging by their HS results).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

So what I'm understanding is that people are unhappy that the Third-Rowers are distinguished as such? Not the fact that they're getting their own live right...?

I suppose I understand the sentiment to a certain extent, it does seem to create and even bigger gap between Sakura Eight and the rest of the members. But also a majority of the girls in the third row need that push imo. We have members like Pe/Habu who are already established, so they don't really need that push, and we have stars like Rei/Rena. But then for other members, like Hikari and Marino (who I love!) it's hard to justify giving them the same spotlight as someone like Hono when they're lagging behind so much in popularity. Having that identity as a third rower probably isn't the greatest feeling, but I do think it will rile up some of these girls and give them some much-needed experience. Plus giving them spotlight will introduce them to fans who may not have paid attention with the bigger stars around.

I want to see how mgmt handles this before completely dismissing the idea. I DO want a Sakura Eight shakeup ASAP, but I'm willing to see how the third-rowers will rise up to this challenge.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @heatsignature Their own live is indeed what they really need at the moment and I think that not only me, but all Sakurazaka46 fans accepted these news with utmost joy.

However, regarding the 3rd row, at least as far as I'm concerned, is not bad at all. My biggest J-pop idol "love", Fuu-chan, is officially one of the foundations for the 3rd row, even if she seems to be a dancing sensei within the group (almost being Takahiro sensei's apprentice). She herself proclaimed that 3rd rowers are the solid "basement" for the formation and that they have to use their body for even more majestic moves not only to become more "visible" but mostly to "fill-in-gaps" and - as I understood - to add "volume" to the group's choreography.

What would be annoying is the possible "locking" of the first 2 rows with a more or less close group of girls with no or very few opportunities for the others to join-in. Of course something like that is not happening (and 2 singles are too few to draw conclusions), but I hope that management will establish a kind of rotation so that 3rd row girls can move to other positions or add 3rd groups songs or form groups (or all of these together).

Regarding popularity, I believe there is - to a certain extend - a "cause and effect" phenomenon: Of course some idols are much more popular than others, but more chances for exposure (not necessarily a push) could increase popularity. This, of course, at least for the girls who really want it and do not let opportunities pass. So management should help all girls by creating and offering them opportunities.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    @heatsignature the problem that I have is mainly with Sakura 8. I've already expressed this in the 2nd single thread, but I think it's a silly concept and I wish management would let it go. The biggest problem with Sakura 8 is that it has dominated all the songs so far. I probably wouldn't have that much of a problem if it was just three/maximum four (two Hikaru center songs since she is the main center, one Ten center song and one Karin center song) songs. But it's literally all the songs which makes for a dull experience (and I'm saying this as someone whose oshis are in Sakura 8). This third row live is just yet another confirmation that this system will still go on despite the lousy results of BAN. Also are they going to just perform the 12 Sakurazaka songs for all three days? That doesn't sound so interesting tbh.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I think we all are glad the girls get to shine on their own.

My main concern is that they will be also locked in this SakUnders group like Nogi 2nd gen had been, since mngmnt seems to like this Saku8 concept so much he wouldn't remove even the 5 members who aren't centers.
    BUT if 3rd row members also get shows and promotion I'm totally onboard.

9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

At this point nothing from mgmt would please fans, the most of us that is. I have been a fan of idols and mgmt do make some weird decisions yet still their fans hold on tight to that. Keyaki/saku fans do have some real trust issues lol. Mostly international fans cos i hardly saw jp fans complain abt this. They mentioned the name being ugly, laughed abt it and let it go, looking forward to the live. But here we have fans still so not happy. I always say this, that if we can just look at the good side, just once, we won't have to go through these thoughts. We have ppl talk abt how saku 8 takes all the spot and how the others aren't shining and now mgmt have decided to give them a live, we are still unhappy? And if the worry is creating distance, these are girls that work together and know who is lacking what so they help each other. Fuuchan mentioned how Karin came to their rehearsals to help them with the choreo. The girls are down with it. Saku 8 and 3rd rowers together make up the single. They need each other no matter what. Why shld we keep thinking negatively abt everything? Why shouldn't we give the benefit of doubt before coming to conclusions? This is a great idea and if ppl hadn't mentioned abt the division, I wldn't have thought abt it meaning sometimes our thoughts transends negatively to others. It's one of the reasons why the group is at where they are now, rebranded and all. It's really pitiful to see fans have such speculations even before the live itself. It's a 3 day live which could mean other plans are yet to be revealed. Can we not enjoy something this rare without all these speculations? One day, just one day, we will look back and realise how funny these speculations are. Enjoy guys! It's why we are having the live.

Abt Saku8 staying, it is the formation now as we know. Nogi and akb48 had that too and theirs was worse cause we had ppl not being in the senbastu at all. Saku has only 2 singles so far. And yeah they didn't rotate members but they're only 2 singles in. It's a competition now. Back in keyaki it was all senbatsu so there was none of that. Akanen, Habu, Aoi and Rika are back in 3rd row not because they aren't good but because we have 2ki like Karin, Morita, Hono and Ten performing better than them. Be competitive and you will get the spot. It's a rule in all idol grps with senbatsu. I feel like no matter how we talk abt this, ppl already made up their mind abt the system so nothing will change but it only just started and they can change it anytime. Time is all we need and we keyaki/saku fans really should be able to wait for said time cos we have done that before.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Jerome Phoenix Wilson

Jerome Phoenix Wilson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nibu Akari and Watanabe Miho
    In the world of idols, all is fair and unfair as far as I know. It's fair for whom it benefits, and it's unfair when a fan cannot see his idol shine; let alone the idol feeling awful about not making her big break. One thing about the Saku Eight formation is that they are assigned in this formation by management and not by their own decision.

It could be because of their ranking and popularity among the Japanese fans, but now that the other girls are getting their own live performance, it could be the very grounds for them to showcase their unique personality and appeal to old and new fans; thus making them rise to Saku Eight. I will wait until this blows over and see what is going to happen for the third single after this.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Part of the reason maybe that Keyaki/Skaura fan have been burnt before, for A or B reasons, with a "perma" center. I guess they/we don't like perma-anything, it brings back bad memories for its long-term negative effect. I'm personally happy with the opportunities of the 3rd-rowers, anything is better than nothing, and I'm still OK for this 2nd single. The 3rd single will tell us if management has truly learnt their lessons.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I thought to report how our girls did as Keyaki/Sakura in S48 2020 ranking
    like I said on the thread, I disagree with downvotes in general because it seems to me we never learn to support our faves without try to push down others, but they are there to stay, so... whatever.

In bold this year new entries.

24. (34) [12|5] [K46] Hirate Yurina{+95,-22}, 73
    25. (70) [13|2] [K46] Morita Hikaru{+75,-6}, 69
    36. (82) [8|0] [K46] Tamura Hono{+53,0}, 53
    36. (107) [10|0] [K46] Koike Minami{+53,0}, 53
    42. (290) [7|1] [K46] Yamasaki Ten{+54,-5}, 49
    45. (60) [10|2] [K46] Kobayashi Yui{+53,-5}, 48
    59. (---) [6|0] [K46] Ozono Rei{+36,0}, 36
    63. (66) [7|0] [K46] Watanabe Risa{+33,0}, 33
    63. (255) [4|0] [K46] Saito Fuyuka{+33,0}, 33
    79. (53) [8|2] [K46] Sugai Yuuka{+35,-7}, 28
    79. (98) [10|1] [K46] Matsuda Rina{+29,-1}, 28
    93. (---) [5|0] [K46] Masumoto Kira{+25,0}, 25
    93. (139) [3|0] [K46] Habu Mizuho{+25,0}, 25
    104. (222) [5|0] [K46] Fujiyoshi Karin{+23,0}, 23
    118. (139) [3|0] [K46] Moriya Akane{+21,0}, 21
    132. (230) [5|0] [K46] Takemoto Yui{+17,0}, 17
    156. (362) [4|0] [K46] Uemura Rina{+14,0}, 14
    180. (208) [2|1] [K46] Suzumoto Miyu{+13,-1}, 12
    180. (---) [4|0] [K46] Onuma Akiho{+12,0}, 12
    192. (---) [3|0] [K46] Kosaka Marino{+11,0}, 11

192. (147) [2|1] [K46] Ishimori Nijika{+16,-5}, 11
    204. (308) [3|0] [K46] Seki Yumiko{+10,0}, 10
    204. (208) [3|0] [K46] Harada Aoi{+10,0}, 10
    219. (---) [1|0] [K46] Endo Hikari{+9,0}, 9
    234. (147) [5|2] [K46] Watanabe Rika{+14,-6}, 8
    249. (330) [2|0] [K46] Sato Shiori{+7,0}, 7
    249. (308) [2|0] [K46] Inoue Rina{+7,0}, 7
    303. (392) [1|0] [K46] Ozeki Rika{+4,0}, 4
    303. (---) [2|0] [K46] Moriya Rena{+4,0}, 4
    328. (279) [1|0] [K46] Oda Nana{+3,0}, 3
    348. (240) [1|0] [K46] Nagasawa Nanako{+2,0}, 2
    368. (196) [1|0] [K46] Matsudaira Riko{+1,0}, 1

I hope I didn't forget anyone.
    Overall I'm quite pleased by the way 2ki are doing; if mngmnt gives them the chances they deserve, they can only grow. (Also, this ranking made members noticeable to other groups fans. You never know how many new fans 2ki could fish lol)
    As for 1ki, I already ranted enough about Pon in the original thread, so I'd spare you lol

Nogi dominated higher ranks this year, but I'm not disappointed in Sakura. 2020 has been an hard, changing, year for everyone; 2021 will not be easy for sure, but they started their journey and will bring Sakura up once again.

You can check the other results in the original thread; I hope more and more Sakura fans will partecipate in it next year
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...ber-ranking-results-all-ranks-revealed.23567/

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I did a small analysis on the results of the voting and here are a couple of topline insights:

In the following figure are key statistics for each group: The number of members that were voted for, the average number of votes per person and the average points per person. The last line is an average of averages. First I have calculated for each and every single girl their ratio of points by votes. For example, Runrun received 69 points (75 positive and 6 negatives) by 11 voters (11 votes). That is 75/11=6.8 points per vote. Given that points range from 15 to 1 this is a rough measure of "oshiness". This is the mppv (mean points per vote for each idol). In this table I average this for the whole group to get an average mppv.

Keyakizaka/Sakurazaka has the top average mppv (for groups with more than 3 members)!

[​IMG]

The second figure is derived directly from the original data but I am showing it as a way to give an overview of results for Keyaki/Sakura members in one table. The only addition is a column showing the percent change in ranks for the girls and the mppv for each girl.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Questionnaire filled-in...
    At last, it would be so nice for Sakurazaka46 to penetrate the US market (Attarashii Gakkou no Leaders are already there). I believe thay can attract a large audience there. America is the perfect stepping stone for the rest of the western world.

17. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

For that they'd need :
    1. A hit song to begin with. More than one hit song would be even better, otherwise they'd end up being a 15-minute curiosity.
    2. Bring down a notch the pinkiness/cuteness. We need to change the stereotype of Japanese idol girls = cute girls with mini-skirts.
    3. To consider how many members. All of them? Remember that anymore than 5 people and American audiences get confused and wonder why so many members (I'm talking about the casual/general public). Make it clear to the general public that the large number of members is because there are different personalities available for fans to follow/support.
    4. Proper introduction into mainstream media. Perhaps a well-thought out TV special program (hopefully nothing as cringy and weird like Girl's Generation's presentation in David Letterman's The Late Show about a decade ago, along with 2 white-haired ojisans guests Regis Philbin and Bill Murray. BTW, I respect all 3 of these guys, but seriously?). If mainstream media doesn't happen, there is always PBS (Public Broadcasting Service)...
    5. A presentation with a mini-show in an Anime convention
    6. A concert in a small-to-medium sized venue at decent ticket prices in at least these US cities: San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York.

There may be other things to consider, feel free to add them.

18. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Hinatachans did a great job performing Sekai ni Ai shika nai. Looking at their expressions it is clear that Keyakizaka lives on in their hearts. Very heartwarming but definitely a bit bittersweet. I really like the way they delivered the intro lines, especially Miipan.
    She's my Hinata oshi, so I'm biased :^^;:

I saw somebody on Twitter using the word "cover" and it made me angry. It's very disrespectful, if you ask me, considering that Hiragana Keyaki used to perform this song all the way back in 2016 (starting at 06:00) and during their 2017 Zenkoku tour.

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. iroiroiro

iroiroiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    the 3rd row
    It was a really beautiful performance.

20. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    When was this performance? I've never seen it before. Based on the hairstyles I guess is during the late Hiragana period. However, I think I saw some Hinatazaka costumes been hanged overhead.

In any case, as a performance is as good as that of the Kanji girls. However, now, it sounds even more nostalgic!