1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    It's for AEON credit card. This year the campaign mainly focuses on young adults (university age - newly entered the work force)

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I don't even know what to say at this point lol
    Can't wait for october to come.

@Trinu I completely agree
    @Rev4 stop trying to selling every freaking rumor you hear around as the SUPREME TRUTH. It got old a lot of time ago.

• Like Like x 1
  3. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Elegant yet always rembering their roots. Bloom Sakurazaka

• Like Like x 3
  4. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

if I remember correctly, Nogi's image style was "French Lycée" girls, whereas Keyaki's was a "Militaristic" style. The new Sakurazaka style is then "Elegant Japanese model" style?

5. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    It's more like British punk / rock, iirc

If they gonna go Japanese now, I welcome a Wagakki Band style :fear:

6. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I just hope Sakurazaka will be a little more than what clothes or style the girls wear.

Anyway, the pedestal on which S&F are putting Pon is getting higher.
    I hope they'll take care of her more than just shoving her on it and hope for the better. But I'm also relieved. It was about time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    wow. sakurazaka? no more edgy emo angsty girl? hmm.. i really hope their song will not be nogi-like.. i mean we already have hinata, why would we need another copycat group? and sakurazaka? maybe akip wants miyawaki sakura to go to this group after izone and lead these girls...

• Dislike Dislike x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    Pretty sure the first sakurazaka center is 2ki. In fact, I'm even convinced that 10gatsu substitute center was Hono after Techi noped it. The push she had last year around the supposed winter release was really big. Cant really take that uniair cm as a hint

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Can be, we all know there're at least 4/5 members who could be next center depending on what path mngmnt decides to follow, Hikaru had even been noticed in the industry, I read, so it won't surprise me chosing a 2ki.
    I wasn't thinking about that though, more about Pon being the constant choice of these last months.
    Which is good in my book. She was hungry for it. But that also creates expectations by both fans and Pon herself, so I really hope this time they'll think about it twice or thrice and manage it at best.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  10. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

2nd gen as center? Morita or Yamazaki, but I think Morita has a bigger chance.

11. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    And here ladies and gentlemen we have the new world champion on "cheapness"...

P.S. Enough with those lurking anties... Smacking mode on!

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    It seems as though you are unaware of many idol groups past and present who have consistent lineups that change their group image as their members age. The overall sound remains the same, but the lyrics and choreography may be more refined to cater to a wider/older audience as well as themselves as performers. Former hello!project group C-ute was like this. They had a very girly/cutesy image, but as the members got older, the style of music evolved with them. BiSH is talked about a lot on here as being another idol group with a dark/cool image similar to keyaki's, and they too have evolved their image to a more mature style yet still looking very cool and dark, just less childish like their first few singles/album were. Even guys like Arashi and EXILE with a stable lineup, evolve their music to cater to their core group of fans as they get older. So it is possible for idol groups to grow with a group of people that they cater too.

Keyaki isn't really an anomaly. What we're seeing here is no different to other major idol groups with many members. Half of the first generation members are gone, and the new cohort of 2nd gens are younger than the first. And as the group gets older and the older members graduate, the younger members will fill their positions. Just as it happened with Nogizaka and AKB.

If we exclude comparing hiragana keyaki members since they're now their own group, and AKB because the rate of additions is incomparable to sakamichi groups, you can see;

Nogi debuted in 2011 with 36 members as 1st gen, 5 years later they had 12 1st gen members graduate, and 24 remaining
    Keyaki debuted in 2015 with 23 members as 1st gen (including Neru), 5 years later they had 10 1st gen members officially graduate, and 13 remaining

The difference is that during that time, Nogi had another 26 members join in 2nd and 3rd gen, while Keyaki have only had 15 members join in 2nd gen.

What i'm getting at here is that the rate in which Keyaki 1st gen are graduating compared to new generations being added, is pretty much the same as Nogizaka's. And when we compare the style of Nogi's songs over the years, I think their sound has also matured with the ageing of members even as new younger members have joined. I couldn't see young Nogi singing Synchronicity or Influencer, nor could I see young Keyaki sing Kuroi Hitsuji..

I ended up writing a wall of text to apologies, I only came here to post this performance of 10gatsu and got carried away lmao. Anyways, HIKARU CENTER!! WITH HONO!! My two favorites so i'm a happy girl lmao

https://twitter.com/Posyandu48/status/1310198159377801219

twitter link until it gets uploaded to youtube

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 4
  14. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

True, I only know bits and pieces about japanese music industry.

They actually are, because they are evolving into a new entity, unlike the examples you posted.

That nogi comment is interesting by the way. Did they really matured musically, because they were moving together with a specific group of people or did the music taste shifted for the targetted group?

@minaeshi I cannot rellly answer your points without going off topic, you are pushing me into a corner here...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Fair enough then! A lot of us tend to look towards AKB and co as a comparison so often, so I like to give other examples outside of the 48/46 clan.

I think that the 'evolving' might be the only difference. I can only give one example here but, another hello!project group called Angerme went through a similar situation to Keyaki. They were known as S/mileage with a super cute image and eventually went under a re-brand. They also had older members graduating and new members joining, and the style of music changed as the group got older and more popular. Now all the original members have graduated, and the young members remain, but their style of music changes with each release so some will sound really cool, some ballad style, some rock etc. They do however continue to sing their S/mileage songs, which is something I hope Keyaki continue to do. Whether Sakurazaka decide to try out new styles or continue down the same route is yet to be seen.

With Nogi I personally think it was a mixture of both. Nogi has always been known for their elegance, those two example's I gave show their growth as a group (sychronicity) and with their target audience (influencer), while maintaining the elegant vibe they're known for.

Feel free to answer them in the spoiler, as long as it's in relation to the conversation and keyaki's current situation, it should be fine! :flower:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I did the switchover.
    I considered waiting until after the concert but I saw every site, blog and twitter feed already made the switch and I had free time (it took a lot less time than I thought though) so I changed it. But it can be changed back if people really want to wait until 14 October.

Personally, I find it really depressing to see the name gone between the Nogi and Hinata forums, the end of an era with ups and downs. I'm surprisingly emotional over just a name, but I liked that name. Maybe I'll get over it when Sakurazaka gets to work and (presumably) almost nothing changes but for now I miss it. But even then I think it's probably better to get it over with and hopefully get used to it sooner. Maybe?

Again, it took less time than I thought to change, so let me know how you feel, and I can change it back if need be.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    End of an era, indeed. Maybe better days ahead. I can't write Keyakizaka...

18. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

So, the Great Keyakizaka Experiment is over, and I just learned how to write 欅.

Keyakizaka46 is dead! Long live Sakurazaka46!

19. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Why dont we create a new topic about Sakurazaka46 and move to this topic to discuss their things while still keep this topic about Keyakizaka46?

My words may sound hypocritical but I think changing the topic of this name is like erasing the past of Keyaki. Maybe we can move it to the graduated section or move the whole including Keyaki singles + graduated members threats to the same section as SND48 then create a new one for Skrzk.

Well, it's just my suggestion(hope). It crearly makes trouble to admin team and so you dont need to reply to this comment if you feel the moving part is unnecessary. Thank you for your hardwork.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I had considered it and I don't think it's an unreasonable opinion, but I think this was the more popular choice and follows the example of Torizaka (not super important) and Hiragana/Hinata. If the change was so drastic that it would reasonably alienate a large portion of former fans I would understand wanting a separate thread for just discussion of the Keyakizaka era. But I feel like that shouldn't be necessary, and even if it does become necessary anyone could just make that thread themselves.

Please continue to give your opinions, whatever they are.