1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The SGO48 Thread

Discussion in 'SGO48 News & Discussion' started by tgsk48, Jun 21, 2018.

1. shibahi

shibahi Kenkyuusei

malaysia or myanmar. singapore would be pretty logical but the population...hella small. i was actually so sure at first glance that SGO is singapore and thought “wow, they’re are really taking a risk”

2. stormcaster

stormcaster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    DD
    At this point we can have SEA48 elections on our own. We can even have them perform at SEA Games lol

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  3. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I'm excited for this as well. I would love to hear another SEAsian Sakura Hanabiratachi!!! We definitely need an SNG48 and KUL48, and eventually have our own SEA48 Senbatsu Sousenkyo!

Just a quick out of topic comment in defense of MNL48. While its true, the audition took a bit too long and its controversies, and also now, some complaints about management pushes and what not are here, still, its not fair to label it as mismanaged or failing or something. Their weekly appearance in a popular noontime show gives them good exposure. They had a successful fan meet event. The theater is being constructed. So maybe not yet successful like BNK but still no reason to worry about it for now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rukuya

Rukuya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I don't know if anyone knows this but the country is currently going through a nationwide protest against the government. This is due to the government wanting to rent valuable land to China for 99 years( I think). It so bad that people are burning down government owned property. There is even some news that some people are wanting to overthrow the government, and let me say this, Vietnamese people hate their government. I heard my of my friend's parents saying that they wanted to punch the leaders in the face. And the country is also know for corruption among the wealthy in the country. So doing business (probably had to get some government permission) there would mean AkiP promoting corruption and a communist government.

Why do business there when you can't even handle your original group. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the top members were to call out AkiP in the next Sousenkyo. If anyone does they will officially be in my oshi list.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  5. stormcaster

stormcaster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    DD
    (Corrupt) Military junta here in Thailand.

6. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I changed my original post. Does that seem fair?

7. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    i love that they called it Saigon and not Ho Chi Minh City

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rukuya

Rukuya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Well corrupt everything in Vietnam.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DarkMoon198

DarkMoon198 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Kpop fan unlikely to switch to Jpop though. Most idol fan in VN are teenage girls, be it Jpop or Kpop. Adult group tend to like solo singer more. I have little doubt for SGO48 and i don’t think song concept like Heavy Rotation will go well with the public
    I don’t think akb48 was more popular after PD48 though, in the past, they already quite popular as there are forum like idol48vn and han48 but after 1st gen graduation, it is just dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

AKS doesn't directly handle the overseas groups. They can't even obligate JKT48 to join the World Senbatsu Sousenkyo. They make specific rules that the local partner needs to work with, but that's pretty much it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I did not expect this. Wow. I thought if they ever did this it will be in Hanoi. And I am annoyed with the name SGO. It is not the official name of my city ...

Also, trust AKB to do this in my city when I will be in Japan for the near future bruh.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  12. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I mean, Heavy Rotation had different MV Concepts for JKT and SNH, so, it could work differently than AKB's MV concept?
    Both JKT's and SNH's were more school-girl heavy than lingerie heavy.

@Kiarararara How would you make it sound like?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
  14. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    That sounds just as weird. LOL. Apparently, Saigon was the old name before? I am American, so, forgive my ignorance.

15. Rukuya

Rukuya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Don't worry the majority of third gen American Vietnamese people don't know the difference either.

16. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Well many people still use it nowadays, I myself use it a lot because Ho Chi Minh City is such a mouthful sometimes in comparison with Saigon, but it is just not official. I have an issue just because they have always used official name of the city for other oversea groups.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    LOL, dude, stop watching news from Western MMS. I am a Vietnamese, and we are living happily, even better compare to an US citizen, I must say. Those who joined that protest are being payed/fooled by the anti-communist organizations overseas (they are the descendants of the South Vietnam Gorvernment who are trying to “take back their country”). And why do normal people agreed to do those actions against our government?

1. They are using Facebook as a tool to create fake news, saying that our government is trying to sell our country to the Chinese. They used the so called “patriotism” against our own, the same with Lybia, Ukraine, etc...
    2. They payed 15$ a day to whoever joins the protest. And the majority of the protesters were jobless, teenagers, poorly educated and people with criminal records.
    3. As of now, all the protest are gone. Most of those who in charge of creating chaos had been captured or given themselves up to the police.

Further more, AKS is not gonna create the SGO48 by themselves. They will cooperate with Yeah1! and another Japan company to train and create the group.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    yes saigon is the old name before the war. my family is from saigon so i like the old name better also it sounds more vietnamese i guess? if you understand some basics from the vietnam war and the results you can probably guess other reasons i prefer that name as well lol

• Like Like x 2
  19. DarkMoon198

DarkMoon198 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Well, i think it is because HCM is the leader name for the city and this is the idol group girl band so local official might not like it? But i agree SGO48 do sound strange

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Aside from the name issue, this is my serious thoughts on this.

- There are more AKB fans in Hanoi. Most of the shops that sell 48/46 stuff are also in Hanoi, so this decision kinda bewilders me. But Saigon’s people (i’m resigned with this now) are generally more open to new things, so lots of potential here.
    - Vietnamese are more K-pop fans than J-pop, but PD48 has made AKB known to a lot of K-pop fans. And you can always trust otaku culture, there are always groups who cover Heavy Rotation or Oogoe Diamond in our equivalent of Comiket.
    - The target will mostly be young fans. I don’t think middle-age will be interested in these.
    - Piracy is still a big problem so I am not sure how AKS is gonna convince general public to buy the CD.
    - The managing company, Yeah1TV is quite big. I don’t pay much attention to domestic pop scene (too busy with my Japanese idols lol) but they kinda have a Tencent and Mnet vibe.

Personally I would pay to go to theater and hear them cover my favourite stages.