1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The SGO48 Thread

Discussion in 'SGO48 News & Discussion' started by tgsk48, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Like I said: I'm from America, so, I don't know very much differences. I should look into newer gen stuff other than the Vietnam War for things. :oops: That's legit all I know about Vietnam, unfortunately. :(

Is it weird to say I'm actually excited to hear Vietnamese versions for KFC, Aitakatta and SakuNoHiba more than River, UZA or HeaveyRo? :^^;:

2. Rukuya

Rukuya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I don't watch the news. I Hear it from my Vietnamese grandma who lives in Vietnam.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    You got a point too. I guess that solves my issue with it. And I can convince myself that SGO gives an AKB/SKE/NMB vibe because it implies the original quarter of the city.

Well then I must not be Vietnamese because all of us are supposed to hate the government.

I don’t want to get political in an idol forum of all places bcs I have anough of that on my social accounts but I’ve read most English articles about the protest and it is all “being claimed” by certain people with no verification whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
  4. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Can you give me your specific information of your grandma in PM? I need to confirm the information myself. B/c our police just put out a wanted notice of a guy who joined the protest, got captured by the police. Later, the police set him free with a condition that he will not join any protest again, but then the guy and his grandma made an interview with the RFA (anti-communist media) saying that the police almost beaten him to dead and then ran away from his house.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    new groups coming left, right and center lol...I’m enthusiastic anyways

6. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Yeaaaaaaah for a Vietnamese group! Although I lived in Hanoi and I am working abroad now lol.

I think Vietnam is a reasonable choice. Look into the stuffs on Internet, Vietnamese are the most active Asian fans after Chinese, Taiwanese, Thai, and Indonesian. Vietnam is growing really fast. V-Pop started to get international attention few years ago. Despite many fake news creating bad impression on Vietnam’s future, its economy, infrastructure, life standard... are rising. Although Vietnam is not wealthy, Vietnam has a huge young population, who are dynamic and open to the new stuffs.

If 48 model can succeed in China, I do not think piracy will be an issue. At the end of day, 48 groups are more on selling HS and idol-fan experience, rather than selling music.

P/S: Can you guys stop talking about political stuffs and just focus on idol stuffs? I am tired of the meaningless and nonsense hate on government floating on polluted social media.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    I've been expecting for this since when they announced MUM48.

SGO48 will already be my favorite group, I love Vietnam!!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I'm shook D: I feel like it came out of nowhere, and still, this is kind of exciting? I hope it's handled well, they can generate a real idol scene in Vietnam which would be super interesting to see.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    You guys should already familiarize with the Vietnamese language.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Sorry for the political posts, I just don’t want foreign people to have a wrong idea of what going on in Vietnam like they did with every other Communist countries. Putting that aside, here is my perspective from a K-pop and J-pop fan:

- In Vietnam, J-pop fans and K-pop fans usually don’t get along with each other very well. The reason is mostly b/c both sides always think that they are better than the other one. Like K-pop fans are proud of how skillful their idols are compare to J-idols, while J-fans are proud of how high their sales is, how big the Japan market is, to the point that every K-pop group will eventually go to Japan to make some money. Or the majority of J-pop idols are natural, opposite with K-pop idols. So saying K-pop fans will transfer to J-pop is a risky statement.

- Despite having a lot of changes over the past decade, we still have a traditional society. So, having a middle aged fan waving his light stick over a young/ underaged girl isn’t an acceptable image. And a lot of parent and media are still considering of being a K-pop/J-pop fan is a childish hobby. That why most of K-pop/J-pop fans are teenagers/ youngsters. However, it doesn’t mean that they can’t afford to support their idols. B/c AKS is not the only one who is trying to establish their business here. The Korean are trying to hold an audition in Vietnam too (SM Entertainment). And I don’t think those big companies will invest in something that will not turn into profit.

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. summer04

summer04 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    i think vietnamese people aren't used to handshakes and other idol stuffs in the country, so this may be new, wonder how they will see this.
    edit : some newspaper already called it flop

12. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Can you really blame AKS tho? I mean if no one’s buying it like hell they’d want to make SGO48 or any overseas sister groups to begin with.

AKS is basically selling the 48 brand as a franchise. Kinda like how you see McDonald’s, Starbucks, KFC, Forever 21, American Idol, America’s Next Top Model outside of USA. (Except for Team SH tho. AKS probably saw all those yuans SNH is making and decided to grab some as well)

AKS will only give their “secret recipe” and do quality control to avoid another SNH and MNL. Nothing more.

Lmao can’t wait to see another K-Pop vs 48Group. And isn’t Vietnam rumored to have their own Produce101 & NCT as well? Those 2 things are probably the only thing other countries could own from K-Pop so they probably went with the next best thing for sale lol

As if Indonesia’s any different lol but look at JKT staying afloat for 7 years

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  13. pennylove

pennylove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Wow as a vietnamese abroad this is totally exciting !! Ishida yuumi kaigai?? She's quarter vietnamese.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. XTN

XTN Kenkyuusei

I just found out this afternoon and i was so shocked! But of course i'm excited as well. I personally love love love that they use SGO (Saigon.) I do have my worries for them tho. Especially when they have to sing AKB's songs in Vietnamese lol. Those uniforms, costumes, handshake events, theater stages, how would the music fans react to all of these things?? Groups are not popular here anymore and soloists always have more fans, this will be very challenging.

I do hope that the girls can have their own show :)

Gosh, i cant believe such a day would come :^^;: I think they will only officially debut one year later, but im already very excited, truly can't wait.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. songbac

songbac Kenkyuusei

I was very surprised when hearing this news, new AKB48 sister group will be estalished in my city (Ho Chi Minh city) in my country :shock::shock: . Now I wonder will AKB48's member come my country like a kennin? and Who will come.

16. onego123

onego123 Member

I'm actually surprised something like this hasn't happened yet. Also these past 2 sister group announcements feel really informal compared to the 1st ones.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Everyone’s probably still traumatized by Izurina lmao

18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    The problem with HCM48 is that Ho Chi Minh is a historical figure, not a city. HCMC48 would work, but the rule is three letters. HMC48?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu

This points you mention also exist in MNL- even they have issues right now- i don't think it would hinder them from creating the group. So im really looking forward to it.
    What surprised me more is that they will conduct the audition in july and debut within this year,that's very fast, i wouldn't be shock if it will postponed on a later date since TPE,MNL,AKB SH,MUM48- havent debuted yet and they never announced any specific time frame also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

I believe this new group will be successful.
    J-culture is quite strong in Vietnam.

• Like Like x 3