1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The SKE48 Thread

Discussion in 'General SKE48 Discussion' started by RocketStarLauncher, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

If SKE management is shit (and it manifestly is) then I'll say it. You can disagree with me but you can't tell me what to say and what not to say. SKE is going to continue to decline unless AKS pulls their finger out and makes some changes in SKE management.

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    This is true, but giving captaincy to a timid and reserved character like Ryouha (Though I see her growing out of it) is like a gamble to lose. And plus she isn't a leader type but rather a ace type, thus I'm worried this will hinder her natural development because she has too much responsibility to carry. (Future centre and leader? Come on, not everyone is Jurina)

It's not asking her to step out of her comfort zone now but it's close to asking her to do a 180 turn to become a person she isn't meant to become. DX

3. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I have no problem with blaming management if it's clearly their fault, but recently it has become a habit in this thread to blame them for each and everything happening in SKE, which is clearly not the case. "Something happened what we don't understand? Lets just blame the management!". I'm also not a big fan of them, but I don't think they are responsible for everything. Members have a free will too after all.

I'm also a bit worried about her, but on the other hand, I can't see many alternatives. Aiai and Kano are responsible, but too young imo. Ayuka, Renahyu and Machi have just been promoted. Ranran is missing relatively often and I don't know how fans would accept another non-Ori-SKE-Leader. Harutamu, Mai, Risako and Piyosuu are seniors who might or might not leave soon. So if you want a junior member, you either have to shuffle or chose Ryoha or Chikako (and tbh I think Chikako did well as Vice, but maybe she was deemed too young for leader too?). I think the reason they chose Ryoha is because among the current members, she's more or less the only option, even if it might be a bit over her head right now. (And I'm not sure if they are really still pushing her for future Center/Ace)

4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    imo Suzuran would've been the best choice, experienced and personality wise...despite she isn't original SKE, but need to be fair with her presence and time offered in SKE is much more than AKB. Most of her prime years was with SKE...prolly people wouldn't even consider her AKB slight bit as a matter of fact. She is part of SKE now. Just like Yuria in Team B capitancy...

5. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

if the video does not show watch the video here

Vacancy PV short version

6. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    ^nice song, stuck in my head after the first time, ahhh girls looks so cute > Nao & Uha:blush::blush::blush:

7. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    What's the deal with SKE? They look like they're slowly dying, is there a rising star or are they just counting on Jurina? NMB still has Shiroma to do some damage control when Sayanee graduates, but the future isnt looking bright for these groups is it?

8. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    I've already seen this downfall on GEM - the moment Takeda Maaya left for LA was also the moment they flopped really hard - to the point of not being invited to Buzzrhythm anymore. It won't be different; in fact, SKE might pull a Rev from DVL and disband the moment Jurina wants to quit.

SKE's choice of visuals don't help either. Most of the popular members are somewhat old by idol standards and their young aces aren't getting good sales. Masana, Churi, Dasu, Kaotan, Minarun and Sally are all 24+ and with the addition of the 22-year-old Yahagi Yukina, SKE won't get any better in terms of visuals.

9. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I dont wanna be shady or disrespectful but, what is SKE's appeal? I dont follow the group but from live performances etc they look like a bunch of noisy and not very refined girls. I dont know how to explain it correctly, but they all look like they are from some remote town, and none of them is very lucky in the looks/beauty department

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @Zerase @x_AozoraKataomoi_x

Honestly, I think you could make that same argument for AKB and NMB. In my eyes HKT is the only one of the four core groups that have any hint of freshness. Maybe NGT, but we have barely seen much of them. I think they have come along far too late in the game.

But for SKE, at one point I used to call them my favorite of the 48-groups, but I have slowly watched my favorite members graduate, to the point that all I care about now is Kaotan, and to a lesser degree, Tani. I agree, there is nothing fresh about them. The only point of contention I have on this forum is the narrative that somehow NMB isn't in the exact same boat. The way I see it, both groups are one graduation away from completely drowning.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I agree on this one, Shiroma could help NMB from completely sinking but it would still be a disaster. HKT has many young members, but so far only Haruppi and Sakura have managed not only to mantain but increase their momentum. MeruMio has lost their momentum, NakoMiku is also losing it, with Miku being dropped of the pair and Matsuoka replacing her. Future doesnt look too bright for any of them tbh

12. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Nogi might reach that territory too, Ranze can't save Nogi from crumbling when the fukujins leave, considering that she just debuted in Senbatsu now.

13. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Melancholy of 1st gen, eh?

14. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Since none of my favorites in SKE is super popular or a senbatsu-regular, I take the most pleasure from watching the stages and concerts. It's been a while since I've watched the other groups so I can't really compare, but for me SKE was always somehow special in terms of passion. Their energy and strength of bonds reminds me of Ori-K, and every stage (at least Team S, which I normally watch) is great in terms of energy and fun (latter especially during the MCs). Also, I prefer the "girl next door"-image over perfect beauty, and SKE is full of such girls.

But I agree, to survive you need to reach the general audience, not just your core fanbase, which is obviously too small, even though they are really passionate. And this is what SKE currently can't do at all

15. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    honestly many of the things said about SKE are so overblown. Objective state atm isn't all great but it's definitely not because of "worst management ever", "they have so many graduations" or "members are so much uglier". In this regard they're very much on the same level as at least NMB and AKB.

Now, one simple explanation is that people simply stopped caring, or they never even started properly in the first place. Take the latest SKE b-side as an example. How many times have I read: "I don't watch SKE much but do they not have anyone else besides Jurina?" Like that really sums it all up (and I'm not blaming the people who wrote that). Oh, of course they do, and some of them are even younger than 25. Why they weren't chosen and why they aren't more known is then an entirely different topic. But there's also way too much criticism that is just ridiculously uniformed.

Anyway, as an SKE fan I'm actually very happy about how things look now, and tbh most of the still active fans are. There's a lot of talent, beauty, fun, everything really. Young gens are fire. "We're doomed without Jurina, who'll graduate in 3-5 years" is very likely the last thing anyone cares about right now.

16. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I completely agree with you, for us fans, SKE is really enjoyable right now. The problem is that only the core fans can't carry the whole group, so at some point they have to regain their appeal to the wider public to get sales etc up again, which is indeed worrying me too recently

17. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    @Zerase SKE's appeal is usually, like someone has said above, girl-next-door who happen to be idols, energetic performances, and dance (before NMB ups their game and Keyaki exists, SKE was the dance group of the franchise, and they still are among the top, just with a different style from others). Energy can sometimes look clumsy and not refined, and refinery is the new standard of a lot in this forum actually. And objectively speaking I will admit that visuals are not their strongest appeal, though to me they look hella cuter than girls in other groups.

Tbh I don't follow the other groups that much either, but I can agree with you guys about the general state they are in, NMB isn't faring much better than SKE, HKT's freshness is near expiration date, AKB has just found some of theirs again last year (before being bombed by 2 grad singles), and only NGT is somewhat new right now.

Imho the thing with SKE is not worst mgmt, it's that their choice is usually different from fan's choices. So yeah when they push the top HS sellers to the front in Vacancy I give it enough benefits of the doubt to not complain about Jurina-center again. In the other threads many just stop caring past the choice for center, the criticism is really overrated.

I'm not exactly content with the group right now, I mean, if they do 3 singles per year maybe they can have both rooms for more refined songs to test with general audiences yet still do the bubbly cheerful SKE classics. Still, their stages are fun, their HS is steadily climbing up, and the National Tour is coming back. The constant train of graduation doesn't phase me much any more (Rion still makes me wanna cry though), we still have a lot of talents in the younger gen, and many of them are self-sufficient and reliable and doing their best eg. Nakki, Harutamu, Rara, Don-chan, Hatagon, Aiai ...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  18. kaka.41

kaka.41 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    dika_han91
    Yuasa has just announced SKE will have new TV variety (started from April) in today's Team S theater show

- and there are "focused" members which will be decided by P4U mobile game result (?)

C5_CRqzVMAAxdip.jpg

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  19. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    New variety ? Glad to hear. But I'll wait till its clear whether this will be weekly or monthly like 0position before partying.

20. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Hopefully weekly. Hopefully broadcasted nationwide or at least available in kanto area.