1. Kodama Haruka (Haruppi) 20th Birthday Fan Project: Click here for details and make sure to participate! The deadline has been extended to Sept. 4th.
  2. A request for donations - please see here

[GENERAL] The SKE48 Thread

Discussion in 'General SKE48 Discussion' started by RocketStarLauncher, Oct 7, 2008.

1. leocgomes

leocgomes Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

It seems that the ban affects only Avex Pictures.

2. sorasan

sorasan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Doesn't ship oversea ?? ..... well ... you can always get a proxy service like buyee, tenso, etc to get you a Japan address and fwd the mail back to you.

3. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Hasn't that been the case anyway for years ... sales to overseas purchasers don't count.

It is a very stupid thing to do anyway (assuming that it does cover SKE items). It's not as if they are losing out on international sales, I cant go into my local HMV and buy a SKE disk or go onto my local Amazon and buy a locally released SKE disk (I wish I could, it'd save om shipping!).

All it will do is anger people and force them to use a reshipper, thus costing them more, thus probably meaning they spend less on actual goods as more of their total budget will be going on the shipping process rather than the goods themselves.

Does explain why it wouldn't let me pre-order the new album via Amazon JP though

4. lionel90

lionel90 Kenkyuusei

I contacted Tenso and asked if they were also affected by this export ban. this is what they answered me

Well ... since i can't find any kind of anoucement on the avex site, I'm still not sure if the use of proxy services would work or not.

5. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

But there are soo many label companies.

6. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Well there are two forms of proxy companies so that would complicate things further ... from my understanding Tenso just provide you an address in Japan which reships what you purchase to you but you still make the purchase yourself (I think, I don't actually use them) whereas companies like FromJapan make the purchase for you as well, i.e. you pay them, they then buy the item, receive it and send it on to you.

The first of these could still be seen as a foreign purchase from Avex's perspective as a foreign payment type (non-Japanese card) is being used whereas the latter has the item purchase as being a purely Japanese transaction and its none of their business really what happens after that.

7. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    Right now, the thing is that Avex Trax is not under the ban. So, we can still purchase SKE, Kisumai, Koda Kumi etc... releases. Through CD Japan. There was an official announcement about it on Weibo ("According to CDJapan’s official Weibo account this does NOT apply to Avex’s other subsidiaries. As mentioned in the original article, only products published by Avex Pictures will be affected.") (source), so I think, we're safe now. Let's hope it'll stay like this in the future too.

Amazon JP was already d*cking around with orders already, even before the "Avex ban" came, so...

8. wlerin

wlerin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mutou Tomu
  9. leocgomes

leocgomes Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

True, but they may deal with things in different ways.

Anyway, it was just a assumption.

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

10. kaka.41

kaka.41 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    dika_han
  11. Nory

Nory Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017 at 6:42 PM
  12. Chrissel

Chrissel Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I really hope it's for MV, I remember their MV with AKB, which was also pretty nice :D
    (So MV for World Order, not for SKE)
    Also the member-choice is interesting imo, I see Ryoha, Kumachan, Egochan, Ruka and Chikako, and two I don't recognize, some speculate about Saanan and Yuzuki.

13. kaka.41

kaka.41 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    dika_han
    yeah I can see Saanan and Yuzuki, smh they're all young generations of SKE, made me enthusiastic about it XD

14. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Kenkyuusei

More work for young gens!

15. rka

rka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Tanigawa Airi
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    All the cool WORLD ORDER things happen without Sae -.-

16. ermenker

ermenker Kenkyuusei

17. KashiwagiFan4Life

KashiwagiFan4Life Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Man... that means I can't get the Pripara Musical DVD with Churi in it...