1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The STU48 Thread

Discussion in 'General STU48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I drew my envelope with the blue and white theme with an anchor at the front. Also a duckling at the back. The post office lady thought it was cute. Also included a drawing of a Maple leaf that represented my country cuz I thought it may stand out as I believe I might be the first fan from beaver land lol

2. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

3. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    I know it's not supposed to be here (since after all, it's about Chiho), but I hope it's alright I am spreading the word a little.

4. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Music TRIBE Cast members decision (flyery were distributed at today's 48G Summer Festival):
    Okada Nana, Ishida Chiho, Ishida Minami, Isogai Kanon, Ichioka Ayumi, Imamura Mitsuki, Iwata Hina, Kadowaki Miyuna, Sano Haruka, Takino Yumiko, Tanaka Kouko, Torobu Yuri, Fukuda Akari, Fujiwara Azusa, Mori Kaho, Yabushita Fu
    DFZJP8IWAAAfYe_.jpg
    So basically the 1st Single Senbatsu, minus Sasshi plus Kouko.

5. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

6. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
  7. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    1st Setouchi Meeting (Business Exchange Meeting) held on Friday, August 18

Part 3
    17:15 ~ 19:00
    starring STU48

It's from the DMO, the Setouchi Tourism Organization
    If you want to see STU48, you also have to buy tickets for Part 1/2 (Business Meeting/Exchange/Whatever), because they won't sell tickets only for Part 3
    http://setouchitourism.or.jp/ja/info/setouchimeeting-1st/

8. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Health promotion awareness of Hepatitis event HinaFuu + Naachan. And Takamina was there to take some pics with them :D

if the video does not show watch the video here

9. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ I liked their awareness swag; they were holding these blue liver-shaped pillows, with「知って?肝炎」(Shitte? Kan'en = do you know about hepatitis?) printed on them.

10. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  11. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

+

Jijipress

Maidigi

12. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
  13. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    AKB48 49th single theater edition handshake ticket 1st round sales:
    Takino 12/12
    Yabushita 1/12
    Tanaka 1/12

Four months from debut, and Yumirin already wipes the floor with the rest of them :XD:
    Fastest ever? quite possible

14. ET920

ET920 Member

Only member pushed from the very beginning, twice center and only regular in magazines, I'd be surprised if she didn't :awesome:

In other news, Kokoro apparently beat Kahotaru and Harurun to it, Kahotaru said she was going to announce with whom she would be pairing on Sunday.

8vsNYyMy.jpg:large.jpeg

Kahotaru wanted to pair with the ones with a similar face like hers, but obviously they were already pairing with others. Harurun was like a natural choice although she was kind of put off at the idea of pairing with someone who wasn't an established member (because if they won it would sell awfully bad). Kokoro came out of nowhere, didn't know they were in such good terms (although Kokoro has commented a few times in Kahotaru's room).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I'm actually more surprised at the disappointing results from Kaho and the other pro showroomer.
    So much for the hype.

16. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    You seriously think just about everybody can do what she did just by appearing as center on 1 PV and a few magazines, and a mere four months from debut? i need some facts if you say yes o_O

17. ET920

ET920 Member

I never claimed that anyone could do it, I just described the facts, that she was pushed and as a consequence she's having great results and that I'd be surprised if she hadn't (look at my election comments below). You are the one with the counterfactual argument claiming that Yumirin is the only one who could do it. Therefore you are the one supposed to demonstrate that, had management chosen any other girl, she wouldn't have performed as well as Yumirin. Good luck with that ;)

When you think about it, both showroomers performed as expected during the audition, taking the top 2 spots with a large advantage against others who also weren't established idols.

When you talk about the elections, though, and reviewing old elections with new groups, the first election (incidentally the first one with SKE48 members) had only Jurina and Rena ranking in (both pushed members), during the third election (the first one NMB48 participated in) Sayanee was the only one ranking in (since both Sayanee and Miruki were being pushed, it was an expected result for Sayanee and a disappointing one for Miruki), during the fourth election (the first one with HKT48 members) Sakura ranked in (whereas Haruppi, who was also being pushed, didn't rank at all), and during the 6th election, the first one with NGT48 members, Katomina ranked (which was natural since she was the most pushed member, having been the center during their lives, etc). In STU48's case, it was expected that the pushed members ranked, in this case Yumirin, but she didn't. It wasn't completely unexpected, but if anyone within the group had any chance of ranking at all it was her, just based on previous elections. A special case was Fuu, which many (myself included) thought she should have ranked since she was Shuu's sister and she had recently graduated. Finally, it's true that some people (especially at 2ch) thought Harurun and Kahotaru could rank since they had been showroomers and had had good results in events, and while I hoped for them to rank in, once we made the numbers of the votes we could get ourselves before the event started, we realized we couldn't do it. Of course, nobody would say something like that aloud.

Truth is, I learned that big spenders in SR actually spend money on it because it's rather easy to do, just click once to buy virtual money, and then just click on the gift you want to send. The election voting system is rather cumbersome, usually having to buy CDs, waiting for them to arrive, then having to open each one to get the code, inputting it into a site and choosing the member you want to vote for. If you had to follow a similar process to throw gifts in SR (buying a card, waiting for it to reach home, input it in a website and then throw it), they wouldn't be there at all. That alone made many of the big spenders in Kahotaru's room decide to just buy a few dozens singles (which didn't compare at all to the amount of gifts they used to throw to her via SR).

When all is said and done, I believe the STU48 showroomers (including Akarin, since she had SKE48's experience) did as expected during the SR election, ranking in senbatsu, especially considering the difference in SR followers they had with the others, the only free-items rule and the tight schedule during the STU48 promotion.

18. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    Ehh..when did i ever say that she's the only one that can do it?o_O The problem is your statement makes it sounded you downplayed her achievement, as in not giving her enough credit. What with that mocking emoticon and all. People can take it wrongly.

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Still, 12 sold out slots is a feat itself.
    Many girls who've been around for years don't even get those numbers.

Is it because of the push? Probably.
    But maybe management got it right this time and we got another great idol in our hands.

Many pushes haven't reached those numbers, hence the whole failed push discussion.

As for the Showroomers, one would think that with the money their fans were spending, they could at least making it in the prelims.
    I was expecting Kaho to rank with all the Tokyo Towers she was getting. But ohwell.

It all depends on what their fans want for them.
    They might get a showroom song every now and then (like this year), but that is not how the 48G works.
    If you don't sell HS and rank, you're busted.

Sure, SG groups work differently cause it's impossible for all of them to rank, but if they wanna make it big within the whole franchise...

20. ET920

ET920 Member

Just a quick list of "original pushed members" by management in each sister group: Jurina and Rena, Sayanee, Miruki (and maybe Naana), Sakura, Haruppi, Katomina. All of them reached those numbers, haven't they? The "first generation push" is much stronger than when they push a different member (Meru, Mio, Mirurun, Mion, Miku, and I ran out of names beginning with "M") to replace them, that can sometimes work and sometimes not. In other words, they have a good eye choosing the member to center every group at first, but they sometimes fail at finding a replacement. I assume it's because fans can easily accept a pushed member when they don't know them, but are hard to switch to another when the time comes.

We all know that while election numbers are huge, Sasshi doesn't have 250k supporters voting for her. There are a few guys (I'd say a few hundreds) who massively vote for her (as in, more than 100 votes). This implies the inconvenience of, for example, getting hundreds of CDs delivered, unboxing and inputting every single vote yourself. In the showroomers' case there are people who can certainly vote a few hundreds of times for her, but they aren't up for the inconvenience of having to go through all such process. You may say they aren't as fans as real 48G fans, which is true. For many of them it's the first time they are supporting someone from a 48G and aren't used at all that stuff (I'm talking about well-paid professionals and CEOs, whereas the common local 48G fan is usually depicted as a white collar employee). Also, many big spenders aren't Japanese but foreigners (Kurenyan's top spenders are both Chinese, for example), so in those cases the current system is just prohibitive.

Besides that, most big spenders in SR like to show off such fact which you can't do in an AKB election. Nobody will know you voted a thousand times for a girl unless you posted pics or a video, and such showroomers just don't care about having to exert any effort other than spending the money. There's no immediate reward (as to looking at the broadcaster's reaction upon receiving a massive amount of votes), nor there's a personal satisfaction in knowing you have just turned around the tables: You just cast your votes and then wait for the preliminaries, then you vote more and wait until the results, there's no thrilling there, there's no planning, at most you decide to vote before the preliminaries or after.

I'm still unsure as to why they removed the halfway announcements, maybe it was just too harsh on girls? Knowing where your oshi is located can only fuel demand.

Of course, handshake tickets is the best way they have to measure girls' popularity. However, management is well aware of whom they are pushing, the results they are obtaining, and how the others fare. When they give an opportunity to someone, they expect them to make use of it, and are probably harsher on someone being pushed and not getting good results than on someone who's not being pushed and getting the same results. That's how I explain Tanamin, Chiichan and so many others sticking around when they were occupying a place fresher members could have.