[GENERAL] The STU48 Thread

Discussion in 'General STU48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Frah

Frah Kenkyuusei

It's so interesting to read that you guys actually had a plan and were organized, it wasn't like that in my room, at all lol
    Thank you a lot (and thanks Naachan!) I liked Oki and Yura, I didn't see or read much about the others until now, but it's a good amount of new members too
    And yes, 5 teams for Sayaya

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Yeah we just came together like 4 hours early into the room and hella debated and analyzed stuff. Got a bunch of proposals but we all agreed on one somehow and went with it.

And that answers the question to Oki Yuuka is not the only girl to be picked by most teams in draft event

============================

OH MAH GWAD!!

I'm dropping manly tears right now T o T

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Trinu

Trinu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Naachan getting emotional. :cute:

I'm still salty they didn't sing their songs tho.

Now, a theatre please?
    Or just ditch the boat idea and make them perform sort of regularly in certain theatres in the 7 prefectures, but they need a place already.

4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    You mean the B-sides?

Don't expect it in this year.
    No we still want the boat! WE WANT EVERYTHING! Concerts, CMs, photoshoots, TV shows, Singles, random music festivals, random local festivals! Give it to us, let our girls shine everywhere!! :^O^:

At this point they would probably go for plan B and do visits to different theaters and do stage performance. Buuuuuuut don't have to worry about that, starting from February it's all handshake events almost for the whole month until April LOL

Like I mean go check their schedule it's literally all they do XD And plus batch recordings of Setobingo, Imousu, Chidori Roke, Setorip, Seto chare, STU Ganbarimasu! and radio shows and on and on and on.

Don't forget tissue events!!

5. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

This is the first SG to be formed without a home theater...? I think even SNH had a small theater while their big one was being built out...

Less the disappointment of the contractors and financiers and no doubt local gov't dropping the ball for the boat... STU seems to be handling such a massive faceplant rather boss-like. I don't think there's any alternative, tbh... but still :whistle:

From a timeline POV though... I think mgmt set expectations waaaay too high, saying 2017 was going to be the boat's debut. It takes a lot more skilled labor to build the same thing on a ship as on land, as everything has to be designed and made in metal. Then there are int'l & JDM marine regulations for countless things you don't have to worry about with a brick-&-mortar theatre. Aaand there's raising money to hire these workers and buy the materials and possibly drydock the donor ship, which if from TISSTA and the DMO... will be politically affected. So even 2018 is pretty optimistic, even for promotional pics of a half-finished boat. :(

But if that means more tours + tons of other STU promos (including TV presence) to compensate... so be it! :^^;: My hope is that it doesn't wear the girls out before their home theatre is finally over their heads.

6. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Sorry guys for breaking the topic BUT I need to post this XD

======================

[News Update]

Suprise!! More fun stuff dished out. STU website update collaboration with SGS (Street Girls Snap) Overly kawaii max costumes with Hinachan and Marina!!
    https://sgs109.com/stu48/

001.jpg

There is also an article of them and 30 questionnaires of all STU members.

Anyone wanna translate?

=====================

Debut single release event in Hiroshima Station @ Jan 28.

**Mini Live and HS event (for purchasing the singles of Type A - G on the spot. Basically bonus handshake with 3 members at once, sweet deal!)

Members:
    Ishida Chiho, Ichioka Ayumi, Imamura Mitsuki, Iwata Hina, Takino Yumiko, Torobu Yuri

HS Lanes:
    1. Ishida Chiho, Imamura Mitsuki, Takino Yumiko
    2. Ichioka Ayumi, Iwata Hina, Torobu Yuri

http://www.stu48.com/news/detail/1145

====================

And Tokushima guerilla tissue event now! XD
    https://twitter.com/akisato0011/status/955326717253492736

DUIhyJSVQAAOxby.jpg

=====================

Best moments of the draft XD

STU stole the show
    http://stuoukokuonri18.blog.jp/archives/6778725.html

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  7. Renappon

Renappon Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ishidachihos
    I will be translating! Thanks for letting us know about this!

8. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    :approve:

I did Hinachan one already. Here is the template. Should be the same question. If you can make it like a compilation or something that would be great.

Q.1 What is your name?

Iwata Hina

Q.2 What is your nickname?

Hinachan

Q.3 When is your birthday and zodiac?

February 21, Pisces

Q.4 What is your blood type?

A

Q.5 What is your height?

150cm

Q.6 My personality is...

Airhead and my pace

Q.7 What is your charm point?

Eyes

Q.8 What is the charm point of Setouchi?

A beautiful place that has many natural scenaries

Q.9 What is your special talent?

Cooking

Q.10 Favorite subject?

Japanese

Q.11 Favorite color?

Pink

Q.12 If you have to pick your color what would that be?

Pastel pink

Q.13 Favorite Fashion style?

Loose fluffy girly style

Q.14 Recently bought fashion item?

A pink knitwear with see through shoulders

Q.15 Favorite cosmetics that you are using now?

Opera Lip Tint 06 Pink Red

Q.16 If you can change your hair color for one day what would it be?

Pink brown

Q.17 If you came to Harajuku where would you like to go?

Max Brenner Chocolate Bar

Q.18 What do you do on day offs?

Shopping

Q.19 Favorite sport?

Badminton

Q.20 Favorite food?

Strawberry

Q.21 Favorite sweet right now?

Sweets that involves Brulee

Q.22 What music do you often listen to, genre?

Heart Gata Virus, I usually listen to AKB songs

Q.23 Song that you usually sing in Kareoke?

Koko ga Rhodes da, Koko de Tobe!

Q.24 Favorite comedian?

Cunning's Takeyama Takanori

Q.25 A film you recommend?

Kimi no Na Wa

Q.26 Picture app you usually use?

B612

Q.27 Favorite TV program?

MUSIC STATION

Q.28 What is your treasure?

AKB goods

Q.29 What is the thing you are collecting?

AKB goods

Q.30 What is your motto?

My dream is 1 mm ahead of my reach.
    (Quote from Aki-p during his speech in the HKT 1st gen audition. This is also Sakuratan's favorite motto as well. Sasuga my piyochan <3)

Q.31 If you got one wish that can come true what would that be?

I want a body that won't get fat if I eat lots

Q.32 An entertainer you admire?

Kojima Haruna

Q.33 What is your source of power?

Idol

Q.34 Favorite animal?

Chickling

Q.35 If you became an animal that would be?

Chickling

Q.36 What is your obsession?

Taking pictures of member's face when they are sleeping

Q.37 Favorite season?

Winter

Q.38 If you can use magic you will?

Ride on a broom and fly away

Q.39 Do you believe in ghosts?

Yes

Q.40 What is the recent thing you laughed at?

Recieving the "Yahoo! Search Awards Local Category Yamaguchi Prefecture Category Award"

Q.41 What is the recent thing you cried at?

The Hiroshima leg of Setouchi 7 prefecture tour. I cried at lot of things there.

Q.42 What is your habit of words/sayings?

Sukinasoo

Q.43 What is a thing you cannot miss doing everyday?

Packing

Q.44 Country you would like to travel to?

Korea

Q.45 What would you bring if you are going to a no man island?

Fishing tools

Q.46 If you wanna try another job other than idoling what would that be?

Patisserie (Bakery)

Q.47 What is your dream and goal?

I want to be an idol that shines brightly with a presence

Q.48 Lastly, one thing you to say to our readers!

Nice to meet you! Thank you for reading this questionnaire! From now on I want you to know more and more about Hina! Please support me.

Q.1 What is your name?

Q.2 What is your nickname?

Q.3 When is your birthday and zodiac?

Q.4 What is your blood type?

Q.5 What is your height?

Q.6 My personality is...

Q.7 What is your charm point?

Q.8 What is the charm point of Setouchi?

Q.9 What is your special talent?

Q.10 Favorite subject?

Q.11 Favorite color?

Q.12 If you have to pick your color what would that be?

Q.13 Favorite Fashion style?

Q.14 Recently bought fashion item?

Q.15 Favorite cosmetics that you are using now?

Q.16 If you can change your hair color for one day what would it be?

Q.17 If you came to Harajuku where would you like to go?

Q.18 What do you do on day offs?

Q.19 Favorite sport?

Q.20 Favorite food?

Q.21 Favorite sweet right now?

Q.22 What music do you often listen to, genre?

Q.23 Song that you usually sing in Kareoke?

Q.24 Favorite comedian?

Q.25 A film you recommend?

Q.26 Picture app you usually use?

Q.27 Favorite TV program?

Q.28 What is your treasure?

Q.29 What is the thing you are collecting?

Q.30 What is your motto?

Q.31 If you got one wish that can come true what would that be?

Q.32 An entertainer you admire?

Q.33 What is your source of power?

Q.34 Favorite animal?

Q.35 If you became an animal that would be?

Q.36 What is your obsession?

Q.37 Favorite season?

Q.38 If you can use magic you will?

Q.39 Do you believe in ghosts?

Q.40 What is the recent thing you laughed at?

Q.41 What is the recent thing you cried at?

Q.42 What is your habit of words/sayings?

Q.43 What is a thing you cannot miss doing everyday?

Q.44 Country you would like to travel to?

Q.45 What would you bring if you are going to a no man island?

Q.46 If you wanna try another job other than idoling what would that be?

Q.47 What is your dream and goal?

Q.48 Lastly, one thing you to say to our readers!

9. Renappon

Renappon Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ishidachihos
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  10. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Risa
    I might have misheard it or something but either way it feels more likely that we get a normal stage first was before the boat thing.
    Yumirin has been calling her cake recently lol and she even introduces herself as that on her SR.
    But I really like Fukachan presence in the senbatsu.
    :^^;: fk... wow this is bad, I might have gone too deep :(
    I'm really happy with how it turned out too but srsly that was the dumbest draft plan ever and the fact that we were so close to losing on Soraha is just baffling. Sure it's great to have get a lot of the older girls that could potentially have an impact right away, it's still way safer with younger girls.
    And tbh who knows, Soraha might end up being the best draftee in the end because she has grown on me since being drafted.
    That height and age is a really good combination + she already got a bit of the visual and still have a ton of potential going forward.
    Naachan saved this whole draft....

And it's awesome in a sense how all these 4 girls were sitting next to each other like the day prior.
    Strangely enough, Oki Yuuka was the girl I probably was following the most throughout this whole process and even back to the STU audition SR. But the member I was least interested in out of the 5 drafted girls.

11. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    haha cool to know

Leave reddy boy's threads and help boost some STU threads :D

Tbh I was the other half of STU fans who opposed to pick her as the 5th. I honestly didn't think she would make it :^^;: But the other half of STU fans really stood up for this girl with the rest were just too nice and didn't want to leave the last Setouchi girl hanging. There is just so much love from our STU fan base idk if I should criticize them for being so soft. :^^;: But maybe they will prove me wrong because I might actually have missed this gem, when Sasshi said she was the girl she was hoping to pick. So I am trying to figure out what's so special about this one since she managed to split the STU fan base in half and even got attention from Sasshi and a few of us here actually saw something in her.

Since she part of the fam now, I'll go researching a bit more some time later.

lol same. I followed Oki last year and felt bad for her not making it. But Yura really caught my eyes early on and thought she should be no problem making the team and I got my time invested in Hinachan already so I didn't really follow through much, but then I didn't thought the results for the mock draft was like that so I thought she was in a bad situation and went rallying for her lol But after I found out the draft plan then I just gave my faith to all the STU fans and hope everyone else followed through the plan as well and not pulling any personal agenda backstabbing votes. And it turned out STU fans were really united and even though the plan was dumb and bold af we pulled through as a whole, with the help of Naachan's luck of course. It was truly an amazing feat that can't be done without the fans and members so I think the bond between us and the members has strengthen as well, as they believed in us and we relied on Naachan.

Yeah I see great chemistry from them already. As I went to Yura's appreciation SR last night, she said right before when they finished introducing themselves and were about to perform Omoi Dasete Yokkata in the draft, she and Oki were the w-ceters and actually looked in each other's eyes and just nodded. At that moment she said she felt this synced connection with Oki and thought Oki must've felt the same as well. It was something she said she haven't felt before in those practices and zenza performances. Then they started the song and gave their best in it.

After hearing that I just shivered, just how close the bond is already formed between these two. And seeing the draft from these two perspective it must be so dramatic and emotional ride for them. Surprisingly watching Mai getting drafted in 1st round, Oki almost got stolen to another team in 2nd and we made Yura wait for so long until the 3rd round (that she almost lost hope too). Just thinking about this in their perspective just gives me the chills how much of a thrilling ride we made them to go through. :cold:

And it didn't end there, STU fans promised to each of their Setouchi girls that everyone is gunna get picked up and was dedicated to follow through the plan until we hit Soraha. It was a moment of crossroads that might change fate of this group and it was a big decision to make. Should we follow through our promises/plan or betray the last girl for the sake of group's interest? At that time, Team K's stream broke down for 10 min or so and we HELLA debated hard that the chat flow was crazy. And when the results were shown, everyone just made peace with the results. So far I think we probably picked the right choice. And STU fans are welcoming all 5 new members into the family.

All the new girls are so grateful that STU fans picked them up and showed much love for them that when they made their speeches, they were like making vows to give their best into contributing to build up the group more in order to return the favor for fans picking them. And objectively speaking, it makes great image for STU as the group which are filled with nice people and if any girl picks STU we would simply do anything to get you on the team.

I love these girls already and they already had left an important mark in this STU narrative.

I am absolutely sure that Oki and Yura can integrate immediately with the first gens EZPZ no problemo, Soraha should do fine as well but idk about Aiko other than she has a big nose so she is like my Amiru replacement also looking like Azusa's little sister so all good. XD

Not sure about Mai too haven't following at all other than knowing she's popular and from Ehime. I wonder what she can bring to the table for us. Boost Ehime representation power with Momona?

12. STS

STS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamaguchi Maho
    Kurayami in kurayami just ZA BEST! and ZA CURU~! I need to watch all perf.

13. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
  14. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    btw thank you Renappon for translating the member's questionaire. Even if it's just a little bit I feel like I'm slowly getting to know them better

15. Renappon

Renappon Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ishidachihos
    If we're into giving shoutouts, lemme plug some of my accounts and other peoples' accounts I think are worth following:
    STU48 Photo Gallery under Jisedai48 - Basically, we update the gallery with photos of new generation members. Only includes publicly available photos.
    @STU48_member_en on Twitter: Not sure if they will continue updating (since I don't know who runs it), but they translated some tweets by the official STU48 members account.
    UsotsukinaUmigame no Tumblr: STU48/Fukuda Akari translations, and some others as well (SKE48 and Team 8 mainly). Also, posts gifs and videos!
    Setouchinochiho on Blogspot: An amazing Chiho source. Basically has everything you've ever wanted.

16. qpet

qpet Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
  17. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    An article that detailed some of the performance moments of the STU solo con.

Loose summary of Naachan's speech:
    Naachan missed the majority of STU song practices which started more than a month ago (due to her own solo con), and because of that she felt bad since she made promises to the girls one that she will work hard together with them and make the STU solo con a success. But the girls didn't blame her and in fact when she finished her own solo con and rejoined them the girls helped her back to get familiar into the songs they were practicing and she was proud that every single girl were able to support each other and work hard (without her presence) and she was moved that she can be the captain of this group.

The highlight moment of the concert:
    During half of the ending song Setouchi no Koe, it is reported that Yumirin suddenly asked the fans in the venue to sing this song together. And every one started to join in the ballad and tears were flowing out from the audience and members.

http://www.edgeline-tokyo.com/entertainment/11776

20180121kc001.jpg 20180121kc002-300x200.jpg 20180121kc003-300x200.jpg 20180121kc004-300x200.jpg 20180121kc005-300x200.jpg 20180121kc006-300x200.jpg 20180121kc007-300x200.jpg 20180121kc008-300x200.jpg 20180121kc009-300x200.jpg 20180121kc010-300x200.jpg 20180121kc011-300x200.jpg 20180121kc012-300x200.jpg 20180121kc013-300x200.jpg 20180121kc014.jpg 20180121kc015.jpg 20180121kc016.jpg 20180121kc017.jpg 20180121kc018-300x200.jpg

==================================================

Our new draftee introduction:

Clip
    https://twitter.com/ogiyukatanimahi/status/956068289851088896
    With the addition of these 5 girls, STU will have 34 members + Naachan captain (Ponchan scheduled to retire) in this year 2018.

Miracle 4 shot video:
    https://twitter.com/korokoromilky/status/954770825625853953

DT5oxEcVwAEHr_P.jpg
    1st round pick: Nakamura Mai (18)
    Ehime
    1999/4/4
    163cm

Drawer. Performed Max Toki 315-go. Stands out for being indecisive.
    Target: Ogino yuka / Oshi :Ogino Yuka
    Audition experience over 30 times. Includes - Baito AKB, Team 8 Ehime, AKB 16th gen, STU 1st gen
    Showroom rank - 3

DT0YOEkU8AAEBGR.jpg
    2nd round pick: Oki Yuuka (18)
    Okayama
    1999/12/1
    157~157.8cm

Most popular girl being picked in this draft (Team B, Team H, Team KIV, Team TII, STU).
    Self proclaim wotaku. Owns a dog. Performed Omoi Dasete Yokatta.
    Target: Watanabe Mayu and Fukuoka Seina / Oshi: NGT Hako
    Audition experience - STU 1st gen
    Showroom rank: 14

DULCMlqVoAAxZdr.jpg
    3rd round pick: Yura Akari (18)
    Hiroshima
    1999/3/12
    154~154.5cm

Still studying in university. Actors School Hiroshima (ASH). Confident in idol songs. Performed Omoi Dasete Yokatta.
    Target: Shimazaki Haruka / Oshi: Shimazaki Haruka
    Audition experience - none. But came from ASH (Imamura Mitsuki, Mineyoshi Arisa, Ishida Chiho, Otani Marina, Team 8 Okumoto Hinano and Team 8 Okuhara Hinako)
    Showroom rank: 13

DTQl9A1UMAAPc_p.jpg
    4th round pick: Misoguchi Aiko (16)
    Okayama
    2001/8/20
    165~165.2cm

Interest is dancing. (Dance club). Special talent is playing Kendama. Extremely calm and patient.
    Target Yabuki Nako / Oshi: Yabuki Nako
    Audition experience - SKE48.
    Showroom rank: 117

DT50JPXU8AUTlCo.jpg
    5th round pick: Shinano Soraha (14)
    Hyogo
    2003/8/9
    162cm

Aimed to take her "revenge" at STU 1st gen audition. Succeeded.
    Target: Sashihara Rino / Oshi: Sashihara Rino
    Audition experience - STU 1st gen
    Showroom rank: 31

Comments:

* 4 out of 5 our new girls either had experience in STU first gen audition or from ASH. And these girls probably know the current members as well and likely already familiar too, in the case of Michu and Yura. So in a sense, we can literally see them as STU 1.5 gen instead of Draft 3 candidates starting fresh. And each one of them should be no problem integrating into the team.

** Quoting myself from the 3rd Draft thread...

Not just one but 3 of the 5 girls we drafted are pretty much recognized as solid ace material and if they end up in the current "non-senbatsu" team then it will be like an actual bonus senbatsu team formed for STU. No joke.
    The Kami-7 core for this TIII is as strong as the soon to be SII/III Kami-7 core:

CUCA, Mai, Oki, Yura, Momona, Hinako, Saki
    (Kagawa, Ehime, Okayama, Hiroshima (ASH), Ehime, Kochi, Okayama)

vs

Yumirin, Hinachan, Fuuchan, Michu, Torochan, Kanon, Ayumin
    (Yamaguchi, Yamaguchi, Osaka, Hiroshima (ASH), Aichi, Fukuoka)

*** If the management hasn't thought of making two teams right off the bat then they should really start considering. What they have on their hands now are literally full house of aces, there is so much potential to have 2 senbatsu teams. I'm really happy with this draft result. And have high hopes this year for STU to start making some scenes in the 48G world. What is missing still is of course, the boat. But I believe the management should be already settling down a plan B for this year which is probably more tours and guest stages in sister group theaters. STU can really use these opportunities as a prolonged campaign to attract more fans around the country which is the most likely case.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  18. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I mentioned in the draft thread that I'd like to see that kind of lineup happen. But I do wonder if they'll do that. Because on one hand, the two "split" groups do sort of have their own chemistry already, but on the other, it may be hard to schedule theater performances if an entire team is just senbatsu... I guess granted, we don't have the theater yet. Mostly just thinking out loud... I do look forward to seeing how they handle things.

What I want to NOT see is them just making one team. They have PLENTY of girls for 2 teams now so it would be really silly to just have one team. How they divide them up, I've got ideals, but anything with 2 teams would be better than just leaving more than half of them as KKS.

...I wonder when we'll get teams, and a theater, and a boat... all that stuff...

whatifthereasonwedonthavethosethingsisbecauseeverytimesomeoneaskswherethatstuffistheydelayitforanotherday

• Like Like x 1
  19. Trinu

Trinu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    OVER 30 TIMES??!?!!?

Damn, she really wants to be an idol.

20. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    hahaha oh god please no.

Hopefully management will announce the formation of the team(s) on the 1st debut anniversary (or maybe even takes longer because the 1.5/D3 girls need time to fully join in with the 1st gen). Personally I don't buy the idea of only making one team because it might discourage the rest of the girls and might or might not result in graduations. But as it is right now even if there's a team they don't really have as much chance to put on a show as their sister groups and it's such a big disadvantage for them.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 2