[GENERAL] The STU48 Thread

Discussion in 'General STU48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Vol

Vol Kenkyuusei

Speaking about "kami seven".
    There is one thing I wonder about for a long time: What is so great about Ayumin? ( I don't want to mess in the Ayumin's thread so I asked here )
    Other 6 members of kami 7 are solid but I really can't get why is Ayumin so popular. Is Japanese people like "shelled" girls so they feel like they should help and protect them( especially if girl is a little cute www)?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  2. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

That's part of it. I too was puzzled over her popularity at first... but maintain she has this star quality I really like, as far as modeling, and very girl-y things. Ayumin can seem quite cold sometimes, because she doesn't show a lot of emotion in her face... but that's a really appealing gap thing to me, as she never really feels coldly towards anyone, just the opposite -- she's actually really excitable (Michu, Kokochan, and Miichan's impressions of her on SR were so funny, because she doesn't put out that image at first glance at all) [hehe]

Re: mgmt pushing Ayumin -- she has a modeling contract (tall for her age too)... from Fukuoka too so definitely has that exotic Fukuoka-bijin aura. What you mentioned about being a 'shell' girl certainly applies to Ayumin... she does have a lot of internal blocks to overcome, but has come a long way since debut so is working on them. Can see why you're confused... but once you get to know her, it's a bit easier to see why she has the fanbase. :flower:

• Like Like x 1
  3. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Ayumin push? Because Kawaii is justice that's why =D

I'm loving these discussions btw, I'm so moved it's not just me talking to myself anymore ToT

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vol

Vol Kenkyuusei

Thank you stormy, I think I should try harder www.
    Recently I read her blog post on sp.stu48.com and It was surprisingly thoughtful so I decided to check if I missed something about Ayumin

And this is the thing. I can't deny she is kind of cute but is she mainstream cute? I don't think so.
    So there should be something else that attract people.
    Or the problem is - my understanding of cuteness isn't mainstream? www

5. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    She is mainstream ridculously cute in Japanese idol standard. Sometimes outshines Hinachan too (Satopii level) So I think it is just you www

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

6. Vol

Vol Kenkyuusei

Hold on hold on...
    Satopii level???
    I always thought Satopii level is unreachable, she is avatar of cuteness on the Earth www
    And now, you tell me that Ayumin is on her level.
    Wow this is really strange. I definitely should research about her more www

• Like Like x 1
  7. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

LOL well she's a kawaii that doesn't show itself all at once, like Piyo -- Piyo literally shines like the sun when you see her. Ayumin is more a quiet, more reserved cute that you notice the more often you see her. Piyo = sun, Ayu = moon :blush:

Satopii... ahh, yeah she is high-level all right... and dude, everyone has their own concept of cute, and the girls are the girls. Don't take our views as gospel... but there's a reason all three girls have their oshi armies... sometimes all it takes for that 'aha' moment, is just time watching them perform (which'll be easier, now that SETOBINGO, GanbarimaSU, and STU Imousu are all on TV finally!) :approve:

8. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    I wonder how the Senbatsu will look like after they included the D3 Girls. I think Yuka will be the first one featured, then maybe Mai. And I wonder if they couragious enough for - I forgot her name lol Yura something? :^^;:

And whom of the now-Senbatsu will be kicked out. Miichan? Harurun?

Especially because some of the other girls are already waiting their turn too ...

I guess safe are only Yumirin, Hinachan, Naachan, Kanon, Ayumin, Fuchan, Torochan, Michu, and probably Chihochan and MiyuMiyu.

Everything IF they don't make two teams from the get go.

9. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

It's gonna take time for the draftees to learn the ropes, so they won't be considered for a while. I'd say a few months at best before they're live-stage ready (and they'll be barely there -- look how long it took 16th-gen to come up to live standard)...

Some of the views here on how D3 affects the group structure are interesting... can't wait to see them in costume (maybe on an upcoming SETOBingo!) :approve:

10. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Yura Akari is pretty experienced though, I don't think it would take her very long. I saw a few of her performances from her time in ASH and she's pretty solid. I can't speak for the others though.

11. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    How long do you expect it will be for the draft girls to have profiles on the website?

12. Pado10

Pado10 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    As not everybody uses LINE, so I don't think it's worth to create a release thread for it, so I'm posting it here ^__^;;...

The LINE sticker set of Kurayami is out for those interested :p... (as posted by the STU twitter account).

Release announcement from STU site: http://www.stu48.com/news/detail/1163

LINE sticker purchase link: https://line.me/S/sticker/10421

How to bypass the region block: https://www.reddit.com/r/lineapp/comments/7fptsu/how_to_download_outofregion_line_stickers/

I like that Naachan has a chocomint related sticker xD.

• Like Like x 1
  13. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

@xinchun : agree -- ex-ASH members with lots of time already on-stage will ramp up quickest, but they can only progress as fast as their slowest member. Hopefully that member'll catch up as well as past draftees...

14. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I hope they just keep the current senbatsu. And build up another senbatsu like I suggested in my fantasy line up XD

The most experienced girl in idol-ing is definitely Yura hands down. Been centering and leading the SPLASH unit for a long time already. I can almost guarantee she can make an impact 1 month into the system...that is if we have lives or performances scheduled in the future anymore. What I'm seeing what their first job will probably be is do HS and tissue missions XD

And if lucky enough...getting featured by local TV shows or even more lucky enough Setobingo/Imousu/Ouendan

2 more weeks minimum? After the debut single hype?

Can't wait to see them in the STU uniforms :cute:

Or just get a Japanese friend to gift you the stickers XD

I love Hinachan one. Oha-Piyo~~

============================================

By the way still building on the Kami-7 core discussions.

They still rotating the 4-5th spot with different girl. This time it's Kanon getting a small boost.

DUYIZ2IVMAA4q-c.jpg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  15. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    What an super interesting episode! Must watch! They check whats inside their bags and belongings and also reveal their sleepy face pictures XDD

Mujack part 2
    http://48videodouga.net/video/6501

And thanks Takamina sensei for the advises :D

16. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    It's a bit unlikely for it to ever be 2 teams at the same time right off the bat because of how unbalanced the two team will be, but we'll see what happens.
    And I feel that you overrate these draft girls a bit too much but that's not necessarily a bad thing at all.
    At first, she reminded me so much of a Saito Asuka type of idol and have an aura that makes you want to protect her at all cost(her hands are so tiny). and then there was huge gap more between her performance and her usual despite her never did any dance before.
    And the more you look into her, the more addicting her personality become.
    https://twitter.com/sisotumo/status/951827110112325632
    She's so freaking adorable and she brings a lot of laughter to the members.
    Fuu carrying around Shuu's gifted Urusei Yatsura bag was just awesome(I was a huge Shuu fan too).
    Kanon's bag was more or less expected considering her personality and it really shows in the way she perform stage too, where she just straight up power through every single song despite having the skill and finesse to cleanly dance all the songs like Michu/Chiho(Michu is such a beast) because she danced for 9 years prior to joining STU(It's great that she ended in STU instead of 16 gen but then again she never showed her face for the 16 gen thing so it was way harder for the past the audition).
    Torochan was a bit unexpected because Kokko mentioned her room being dirty before [hehe] but Kokko can be a clean freak at times so her standard is a bit different from the norm(I mean Torochan's room looks pretty nice in SR).
    Michu's bag was as expected because she like cleaning in general and often cleans after the members whenever they make a mess when they're in the same hotel room.
    Fukuchan is so good at promoting/advertising :) she deserves a senbatsu spot just for that skill.

• Like Like x 1
  17. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I don't usually have high expecations but when I do is because I saw some light in Oki and Yura lol

Wow damn lol First we have Nishino Nanase and now Saito Asuka?? People are really gunna call us STU47 now lmao

I just find it amusing how all the center and the usual center members put their socks in their bags lol But damn Fukuchan is prepared 24/7, what are we gunna do without her lol

But yeah, kinda guessed Michu and Fuuchan would be the ones who are sticking to their clean image daily.

===============================================================

Thanks to stage48 being down again...I couldn't post this yesterday.

One thing I like to talk about is this debut single release event with mini live + HS @ Hiroshima Station yesterday.

The members who particpated was Chiho, Michu, Yumirin, Hinachan, Ayumin and Torochan. (Notice here Chiho got the call up boost)

What's special about this than the other release events they did was it made quite a scene different from before.

First off according to the reports and matome, around 300 ~ 800 people attended this event. (There were around 300 free tickets to give out and it was sold out)

Plus from the news report of it, the place was actually pretty packed

Second of all, if you pay attention to the fans who attended this event, I noticed the STU fan base have a wide range in age and gender appeal. Capped in this pic right here.

fans.jpg

I'm not making any conclusions from this but just wanna share this info with you all because I found it amusing.

DUnhIOqVAAA6aYj.jpg DUnhIOrU0AE55c1.jpg DUnmJUhUMAA1ilY.jpg DUnmJURU8AAjc_e.jpg

And errmergerd did I mention Ayumin thumbs up pose was ridiculously cute in this shot!!??

DUnmJUQVMAIeiaz.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    ^Wow i love the live singing

19. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Ladies and gentlemen, STU's first ever cover page magazine

DUsPvUaUMAER_NH.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    We'll see what happens lol... at the end of the day, STU is still going the Seiso route so while I see both of them potential enter the senbatsu in the future, I don't really see them as the center type. And don't sleep on Nakamura Mai [hehe] because girls that have taken an insane amount of auditions tend to do pretty well in the 48 groups and classic ballet girls are kinda "in" recently.
    Fuu "clean image" ??? :awesome:
    jk jk but yeah Michu has been on the Seiso route her whole life and ASH was at times a huge mismatch for her personality when it comes to the song they were performing but it was such a good experience for her to perform all different kind of songs. And it's easy to see why Michu is one of the best performers in STU(she was the ace of ASH for a reason).
    this is a healthy fanbase to have.
    Fukuchan even said it herself that it was totally by chance that she happens to have it in her bag that day[hehe] otherwise she would have written it more clean/neatly.
    I still see it as a front 10 rather than any of that Kami7 thing :)(Chiho and Miyumiyu just to get to the next level)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018