German-speaking S48 members

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by Taivas, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Sônnenschein

Sônnenschein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Will be there , too ;>

Send from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

2. rka

rka Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Matsumoto Chikako
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    What's going on in D'dorf?

There are like 10.000 japanese ppl living there, so maybe people would recognize it on the streets.

I am from Bremen, btw.

3. Sônnenschein

Sônnenschein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
  4. Tsugaru87

Tsugaru87 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Yeah, I hope so! xD

5. Sônnenschein

Sônnenschein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    [​IMG] Puh tooooo many people but anyway it was fun and interessting

Send from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

6. Puni

Puni Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
  7. Sônnenschein

Sônnenschein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I have to work on these days , so I can't :cry:

8. Tsugaru87

Tsugaru87 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Too far for me... I wish I could see it in Stuttgart... :[

9. rka

Oshimen:
    Matsumoto Chikako
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    I do not know where to put it, but NEON (the young/cool version of STERN) has a 5 pages report about AKB48. To my knowledge, this is the first printed article about AKB48 in German press.
    Not going to scan it, because of infringement-paranoia, but its cheap anyway (3.70):

Apparently the author was in the theater (for a Team K show, as he said "only green glowsticks are allowed to use"), and got to interview some (known) otaku. That is mostly the foundation of said report, alongside with some (outdated) wiki-derived data.

The article yields a nice picture from Washington DC concert, a stage picture from said K show , and of some merchandise, as he obviously paid a visit to the Cafe/Shop. Beware of the link: The blog it leads to is much worse than the article.

Which is not good either, btw!

Some usual research mistakes like it states that every single contains election vouchers. Well, noone expect journalists to be super experts on anything, but why do German journalism schools don't seem to teach how to properly use the Internet as a research tool? It just shows a lack of care to write a proper article.
    More importantly the author skillfully leads from one stereotype to the next. It feels like a text from the "How to look down on Japan as superior Westerner"-bullshit bingo toolbox.

For example, there is a short interview with Hamano Satoshi, who writes weird books about Acchan, but is a married man with a good job, the author has to admit. But this can't be real, for sure, or at least not normal, as the very next sentence already tells us: "But you HAVE TO think that most AKB fans do not have a life that normal!!"
    A whole chapter is about Akihabara and the nice sex tools you can buy there, how the japanese male customers avoid eye contact (well, they do not like it too much !EVERYWHERE! in Japan, WTF!) and how the maiden in the cafe is calling you master and what haveyou. Sodom and Gomorrah, now known as Akihabara!
    Sexuality is the thing that the author is totally obsessed with, quite obviously....in one MC, one of the girls apparently said that she needed to buy new clothes because of her growing boobs. This is very worrysome, and must be mentioned like three times in the article.
    People are not getting that all that sexual connotation AKB is having is basically a playful in-house joke. Of course, there are guys having their sexy time with the latest Sayanee or Yukirin scans, but you wont even see a freaking butt cheek in an official AKB release, so people need to cool down about it, seriously.

Another otaku, that was interviewed, said his daughter should become like his oshimen (Haruppi). Heartwarming, yet naive? Yes, but of course the article absolutely needs to say that this ota has no contact to said daughter. Why? Not mentioned. But he is an otaku, so most probably because he decided to like AKB48 better than his kid or something.
    Then there is a short rant about the music, Sōshoku Danshi, how Japanese society sucks in general, and that we Westerners should be extremely careful to not let this evil thing invade our culture.
    We have the mandatory "some guy bought 6500 CDs!1!1" - rumour, and the obligatory Minegishi Minami reference is obviously present, (god, i hate it so much, i can not tell anybody about my fandom here, because of the bold girl). Well, one could have asked somebody with knowledge and one could have known that since then every single unveiled romance has been ignored and not punished anymore, but that would have left us with less reason to all act disgusted.

The only thing i liked that the guy called AKB48 a "bootcamp" and a "guerrilla force ready to take over the world". And i learned that AKB's success is only visible to that degree, because conventional pop music in Japan is selling less and less copies. A daring hypothesis, but worth discussing.

The essay ends by stating that AKB is now trying to take over Asia by opening shops here and there. Yeah, lets bend reality until it is somehow fitting our model. Like the management have not given a f..k about Asia in the last 2 years.

They should have let me write that article. It would have been full of valuable info, full of necessary criticism, and they wouldnt have waste money on sending the guy to Tokyo. Who seemed to spend most of the time in a maiden cafe.
    Shall i send this essay as a letter to the editor to NEON? It is not that this article ould be entirely wrong, it is about deliberately fading out that is not fitting into a story, that was set in stone a priori.

10. Sônnenschein

Sônnenschein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Not read yet but sonds like the usual "we got to keep a clichee alive" story . Someone without any founded knowledge about culture , circumstances and the people themselves writing articles and make them out to be fact . It's easy going for the author because not everyone got experience with the topic or might be able to verify the accuracy of the article . The same if you write about german pop music with experience of DSDS and Musikantenstadl and claim it to be fact :|

11. Puni

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Never heard of that magazine, and after your summary that doesn't suprise me.

On a sidenote: It even needs some time for new fans to get the grip on all the information on AKB, so it isn't easy for time-pressured authors. This doesn't excuse doing a bad job on research though.

Also personel preferences may be an issue. Don't know how NEON handles this but sometimes an author gets an assignment on an article from his editor in chief regardless if he is keen on it or not, again not excuse for a poor job.

Edit: Here comes the main issue. With the lack of knowledge about AKB in the west there is usually no other editorial staff around that gives feedback before release so it just gets published.
    The best way here is to write some really angry lines to the magazine/publisher letting them know about bullshit.
    This won't neccesarilly change anything about that article, but maybe it improves the quality of future ones.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  12. Anni48

Anni48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I'm from Germany, but from a quite small village. I guess nobody would know it.
    So I'll just say I live in South Lower Saxony

13. Puni

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Welcome :v:

14. Sônnenschein

Sônnenschein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Before I moved to Mainz , I lived in a small village too . So I think I know what you mean :^^;:

It's nice to see a new member from germany , you're welcome :1st:

今日は休みです

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  15. rka

Oshimen:
    Matsumoto Chikako
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    Hi @Anni48, nice to have you here :)

16. cubozoa

cubozoa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Twitter:
    Cubozoa48
    Welcome :v:
    (I currently live in Saxony as well :awesome:)

17. gotbild

gotbild Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Hello, nice to see another Akicha fan. No problem even with small villages when we have Google maps. :D

18. Anni48

Anni48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    First of all: Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! (probably shouldn't have signed up during a super busy time cause now I'm late on replies :blink:)

Ah, Mainz. I've been there a few times when I was younger due to my dad working and living in Wiesbaden. I hope one day I can leave my little village too. Not that it's that bad but it's kinda boring here.

Thank you! It's nice to be here. Hoping to make some friends ;)

Akicha~ Yea, I like her a lot ever since I got into AKB :) Google maps :lol: Almost forgot about that. But you're right.

19. Sônnenschein

Sônnenschein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Wiesbaden ? Then he lives on the "scheel" side of rhine river [hehe] But it's also nice there ... And to be honest on some days it isn't really much more exciting living in the "City" Mainz than in the small village I lived before ;)

20. Sônnenschein

Sônnenschein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami