1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Golden Raspberry Awards/ The worst A-Side of AKB

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by _BAKA_, Jun 26, 2017.

?

What was the worst AKB A-Side in your opinion?

1. Gingham Check- 2012 (I love this song, but but a lot of people hate…)

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  2. Heart Ereki - 2013

7 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Labrador Retriever - 2014

13 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. Kokoro no Placard- 2014

16 vote(s)
    12.7%
  5. Halloween Night- 2015

15 vote(s)
    11.9%
  6. Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby-2015

19 vote(s)
    15.1%
  7. Kimi wa Melody - 2016

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  8. Tsubasa wa Iranai -2016

29 vote(s)
    23.0%
  9. Shoot Sign- 2017

16 vote(s)
    12.7%
  10. Other (please comment)

10 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I think nominees should have not been given, rather, just have the complete list of singles as choices.

2. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    So Long because a ballad should never be that long (it's almost 6 freaking minutes) and that troll single Kokoro no Placard (it being Mayu's first SSK win single kinda saves its overall awfulness).

Literally poor Mayu, she deserves an amazing grad single to make up the messy A-Sides centers she received.

3. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    How the hell is So Long not in this list wtf
    (I vote for So Long, obviously)

4. jiinatsu

jiinatsu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Whenever I think of horrible A-sides, Shoot Sign automatically pops into mind (all I remember of it is its uninspired chorus, uninspired choreography during the chorus, and those parts of the PV that were horribly inspired by Tofu Pro). I'd understand it more if it was a coupling track, but it's not. A second would be Kokoro no Placard, and third Heart Ereki, but these aren't even close to being the atrocity that is SS (funny how two of these are Centered by Kojiharu).

I understand why people dislike them, but Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby and So Long are two of my favourite A-sides from post-Acchan AKB; I'd even go as far as saying that So Long is one of my all-time favourite AKB A-sides. Gingham Check and Kimi wa Melody shouldn't even be on this list, so I'm glad they only have one vote between them.
    Less unpopular opinion, but if the year was 2015, I would've said Halloween Night. The song's surprisingly grown on me since it came out. Still has no business being released in August, though.

5. momo

momo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    It's a tie between Shoot Sign and Halloween Night. And Heart Ereki. Aaaand Kuchibiru.

6. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Tsubasa wa Iranai was horrible. Like what was the though process behind that.
    Your "hottest" prospect gets her first center and you completly shit the bed.

Kuchibiru almost as shit, with a little bit of Takamina fiasco sprinkled over it. BLEGH!!
    Made me appreciate the members who fucked off asap.
    Mariko and Tomochin are my heroes.

So I voted for Tsubasa as being the worse song but I have stronger feelings regarding Kuchibiru.

7. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I was using tapatalk. I forgot that in the desktop version, a poll function may have been used. Oh well.

I still find it less objective that some singles were suggested.

Oh well, just a forum discussion starter I guess.

8. kfcephalopod

kfcephalopod Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    No hate for Namida Surprise?

Like as boring as other songs may be for me that one just makes my skin crawl in cringe every time I hear it.

9. Brammer

Brammer Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    Either Kimi no hohoemi wo Yume ni miru or Namida Surprise..
    Give Me Five is pretty bad too imo

10. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Heart Ereki was dire ... Shoot Sign could have been worse but I literally have no memory of it at all. Halloween Night and High Tension I found to be pretty bad too.

Gingham Check and Kuchibiru I actually liked.

11. kmacu

kmacu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    I voted other, because I don't like most of the janken singles. I don't see them discussed here much either, and I think that's actually worse than most on the list.

12. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    namida surprise is best a side ever, everyone knows that.

13. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

And it has an awful dance. And it's obnoxious. Was definitely my vote.

I like every other A-side at least a little with the exception of Kokoro no Placard...I could do without that one as well.

Music is so subjective though as this thread shows. Kimi wa Melody is my current favorite AKB song but a lot of people hate it :lol:

14. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    i'll go with Hallowen Night for the worst..i don't know, i just don't like that song

15. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I agree with those who said everything after Fortune Cookie has pretty much sucked, but kuchibiru ni be my baby is completely appalling imo. It tried to be a typical idol song in the vein of Iiwake Maybe or PonyShu and it ended up being a shouty obnoxious mess with the worst choreography I have ever seen from a 48G song.

I greatly dislike Green Flash with its mash up of a fail rap and a song that has basically no melody line and Halloween Night because it's super dull. On the other hand, I don't think Tsubasa wa iranai is half as bad as most people here think, I like how it's folksy and mellow. And for another unpopular opinion, I like Kokoro no Placard, it's cute and sweet.

I can't believe Seifuku ga jama wo suru was in the options in the first page, it's the ICONIC single that made people even turn their heads to look at AKB way back when (to insult them, probably, but all publicity is good publicity etc)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Ahhh, the dance! It was so obnoxious and tryhard to look cute imo - it's the only single so far that haven't grown on me after a while (the costumes are cute though).

Totally agree that music is subjective and what defines a 'bad song' may vary from each person; like for example, I love Shoot Sign. Kojiharu's vocals were so characteristic and it sounded very retro/dramatic, like a 70's song. I would place it as one of my recent AKB favorite songs but most people weren't much into it.

17. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Tsubasa wa Iranai or Kokoro no Placard...

18. teleportation

teleportation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Heart Ereki = Banger
    Labrador Retriever = Ultimate Banger; still my summer anthem
    Halloween Night = Banger
    Kokoro no Placard = Not irredeemable
    KnBMB = Banger
    Kimi wa Melody = BANGER

I haven't loved it all (Tsubasa wa Iranai was sweet but definitely a slog) but overall, I think I've been more receptive to AKB's post-2012 music output than a lot of the western fanbase. A lot of these songs have this silly, self-aware, tongue-in-cheek quality (Heart Ereki, KnP, Halloween Night) that really attracts me. I definitely miss getting at least one super-idolly "kami" A-side every year and I'd choose Iiwake Maybe over KnP just about every time, but it's surprising to me how gravely idol fans take the perceived "seriousness" of a song when forming their opinions on it since it's y'know...idols. They're not meant to be serious musicians releasing serious music. I lose it every time UZA or BwT comes on because they're good songs too but if that's mainly what I wanted and appreciated, I wouldn't be listening to idol music.

To actually answer the question though, Mae Shika Mukanee or Chance no Junban (im sorry Ucchi............). Those are the only A-sides I sorta actively avoid. Aitakatta too, but that has more to do with it being overplayed than anything else.

19. MyaoOshi1

MyaoOshi1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    Mae Shika Mukanee
    b**ch, that song soooo boring imo. I feel like Yuko deserved an amazing Kami song, not... what're the heck that was. Anyway, tbh I LOVE every single A-Side. Yes, even So long!, TwI, Shoot sign and even KnBmB (I'm sorry but that dance to me was amazing lol) and I wish people could aprecciate the songs for what they are and NOT compare to their peak ( 2009 - 2012)

20. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Aw shit I forgot about Chance no Junban. I also avoid that one. Guess that puts my list up to 3 avoided AKB Asides.