1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hamamatsu Riona (Riona) / Team 8

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 26, 2014.

1. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    [​IMG]

Team: 8
    Name: Hamamatsu Riona (
    濵松里緒菜)
    Nickname: Riona (りおな)
    Birthdate: July 28, 1995
    Birthplace: Tokushima, Japan

2. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

Hi former model!
    [​IMG]

if the video does not show watch the video here

3. moko

moko Kenkyuusei

Her voice is so kawaii.. is this how tokushima shusshin sound and look? can i move there:cute:

4. Juicebocks

Juicebocks Kenkyuusei

First time posting here. Technically, I literally made an account just to share this information.
    What I so importantly have to share with you AKB fans is my theory of Riona Hamamatsu used to upload YouTube videos under the username, riobluestar.

I figured this out a few weeks ago when I checked out her YouTube channel hoping to re-watch some of her dance covers. When I found her channel, it turns out she made all her dance covers private. However, under the "Home" section, she liked a few AKB48 Team 8 videos that got me thinking of the possibility that she could be a member of Team 8. Also, she says her name is Riona under the "About" section. Unfortunately, she deactivated her twitter account.
    Here a link to her liked videos in a playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=LLtSumZeNAmcWkMtvfuRKLHQ

The user riobluestar made all her dance covers private EXCEPT for a few "secret" ones that she kept unlisted. Here is an unlisted video that I found:
    (Uploaded on Dec 31, 2010, she speaks English fluently with no accent and even STATES her name as "Riona")

As I mentioned earlier that she had made all her dance covers private, I did manage to find an alternative source to view her videos again. Some Youku user uploaded pretty much all her dance covers (some 12 of them) to his/her channel: http://i.youku.com/u/UNTQyNjMxMTg0/videos
    (Note: The most recent video was uploaded on March 22nd, 2014. Seems like she was active up till around that time period.)

Also, I also found a mirror to this video with her sitting at a desk with a microphone, glass and jug of water in a similar style as the AKB48 members who did their Sousenkyo Appeal videos: http://chuka-tube.com/?p=57014
    (The original video on the AKB site was taken down: http://www.akb48.co.jp/about/members/detail.php?name=hamamatsu_riona)
    I have no idea what the title of the video says (AKB48 チーム8所属 濵松里緒菜 (Riona Hamamatsu) nor do I understood what she said in the video so if anyone would care to translate, I would appreciate it.

Extra: Riona gained a little publicity for appearing SM Entertainment's Girls' Generation Love & Girls MV near the end at 4:29. This video was uploaded on Jun 23, 2013.

Finally, I want to ask you guys what you think about this. There is a reason for her to take down her videos and twitter to hide her past. May it be her decision or the decision of AKB managers, I'm afraid that releasing this information to the general public might hurt her image and prevent her from being successful on her own.

I was about to edit this to her wiki page but I decided to post this here to read your opinions and discuss about this first. I know this (Team 8) is a pretty small forum but hopefully you guys would share this wall of text and let other people know too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
  5. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

I think it doesn't affect her much. :^^;:
    She's lovely and she can dance. Why do people have to hate her because of that? :p

6. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

She's gooood! :) Got me interested.

7. moko

moko Kenkyuusei

I think it would all be too much of a coincidence for it to not be her...
    Same name, same looks, likes team 4 (they arent even that famous yet), that girl likes girls generation and we know the real riona appeared in the girls generation music video, deactivated her twitter and privatized her videos around the same time. It all adds up~

Also do you know if Hamamatsu Riona speaks fluent english like the girl in the video because that would truly seal the deal for me.

I dont think it would hurt her, I think most idol companies require you to do that just to own your presence on social media, i dont think it was to protect her reputation.

8. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

Many members have personal profiles on social media (That they usually try to hide it for obvious reasons), so I don't see a problem with it. And this isn't really personal like a Twitter account for close friends or something like that (Like it happened to Momo, Risachan etc.). And if she is affected by this (Feels embarrassed or something) she can just go and delete the account. But she probably just don't care (And staff neither, definitely). Anyway, interesting discovery, I actually like her more now.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  9. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Is Riona the one in the center at about the 1:50 mark?

10. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

Yes, that's her! She's the center from 1:35~1:50.

11. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Thanks! She's really good! Is she a halfer or something? She speaks fluent English and she looks kinda American.

12. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

I think so. On her introduction she says "Hello everyone!" in English, so it's possible :) (But not confirmed yet, I guess). Also...

13. moko

moko Kenkyuusei

Ah so she does speak english after all<3
    The way she said los angeles is ultra cute. Her voice is the adorable high pitched japanese way but with a perfect english accent~ Its like best of both worlds :1st:
    Since she said that she lived there till she was 10 im going to think of her as not only tokushima representative team 8 member, but america as well haha, this girl is awesome~:cute:
    very thank you for her:awesome:

14. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    I came over here to see if people already knew about her being from LA, it clearly seems like that lol.

At the start of Team 8 I had a hunch that she was from LA or something, after looking around a bit. However I was not sure so I didn't want to start a fuss over nothing. Although now it's obvious.

Quite interesting to have another English speaker, and someone with an interesting voice on top of that. She can brag to the others that she's been in an SNSD promo vid lol

Looking forward to seeing her on the 5th!

15. PALEMOCHI

PALEMOCHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    she's caught my attention recently :cute:

16. raziel

raziel Kenkyuusei

wow she is cute :eek:

17. L4verra

L4verra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaya
    Twitter:
    L4verra
    since she's from LA, I wonder if she likes the Dodgers or Angels...

i'd bring her to a game lol

18. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    i love Riona, i hope she stays for the long term

19. Haxie

Haxie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Maeda Atsuko
    Pretty!!! ^^ <3 <3
    kkkkkkkljl.jpg

20. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    This girl is so pretty~ <3 (and it's guilt-free to like her :v )
    [​IMG]