1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hirata Rina (Hirari) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the update. Very much appreciated. I am surprised by the prices I'm seeing for the book. As I mentioned earlier, I pre-ordered from cdjapan at $32, and they claim to have 6 copies available and eBay has four copies for sale----- at $75.00 each. That seems to me to be a monstrous difference in price for the exact same item. (I realize virtually no one else on the board bothers with eBay, but over the years, eBay has offered posters and photos that I've never seen any where else.)

• Like Like x 1
  2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The following article reports about two new movies which will be screened for the first time on 11/16:
    https://natalie.mu/eiga/news/355087

The second is called “White and Black Alumni Association” and includes Hirari in the cast. Here's the poster (she appears at the top):
    wb.jpg

The article also links to the movie trailer (Hirari appears briefly at 0;15 and 0:39):

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  3. richard durbano

Since AKB members (past and present) have done so many horror movies over the years, while watching that trailer, I half expected some sort of crazed murderer or demonic creature to burst into the bar and cause all kinds of carnage.[hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Merlin54

Merlin54 Next Girls Stage48 Donor

• Like Like x 1
  5. richard durbano

6. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    All i remember abt Hirari was when she told Yuko "nice body" on akb documentary (forgot which 1 hehe.. Yuko was stretching that time in the practice room) & Yuko said "no.. i will lose to Hirari" :^^;:

But seeing all photo above.. she is the winner i guess.. [hehe]

7. richard durbano

Finally, the book launch is on the horizon.:drool: According to eBay, they are saying the release date was Nov. 20. cdJapan is still saying '' late November'' I always thought if you pre-ordered you were privy to an early shipping date. ?????

Yeah, I was right. I just got an e-mail from DHL telling me I am getting my copy before the end of the day on Friday, the 22nd. Can't beat pre-ordering with expedited shipping. <3.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  8. Merlin54

Merlin54 Next Girls Stage48 Donor

73387397_588529565216364_2928538660333945419_n.jpg

'' Today, my 1st photo book “Tiffany” has been released. I will do my best to make this photo book reachable to many people. . . And there will be an event tomorrow! Shosen Book Tower (Akihabara) 9F / Saturday, November 23, 2019 17: 00-! There is also a ticket for the day''

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5KEkMFj42C/

9. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I got my copy in the mail earlier today. It's a pretty good book.

10. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I don't want to be rude or sarcastic but if her only advantages is to show her butt and boobs I can image why she didn't had so much success in AKB48. [hehe] :D

• Dislike Dislike x 5
  11. richard durbano

It's very possible that her singing and dancing abilities may have been judged subpar for the group but she was chosen simply because she was a pretty girl who had the rare ability to speak fluent English, and, therefore, would allow her to be an important contributor to the group. And she never ranked, perhaps, because your average Japanese fan could care less about her English skills. And if her goal is to be a successful gravure model, then she did everything correctly by using her notoriety in AKB to grease the skids for her future career. There are a gazillion gravure models in Japan, but Rina is the only one I know by name and the only one whose photo book I've bought.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

ok misogynist

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    :lol: So that's the reason why I'm buying a lot of DVD boxes and copying a lot of video files? I'm sorry but you are wrong, I have nothing against these girls. They are doing as good as they can but the competition among the girls are hard so Hirari could only became a Theater girl. Maybe too much american genes, she didn't look enough japanese? No kawaii girl.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

At least Hilary's photobook has been created by an actual publisher not some half-assed crowdfunded thing :whistle:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. richard durbano

I, of course, haven't the slightest idea if Hirari is bitter concerning her AKB career. In my opinion, she should certainly be considered one of the unluckiest girls in AKB history. Imagine for a moment if management had decided in 2012 or 2013 (when the group was at their all-time high in popularity) to make a major push into the American/Australian/New Zealand markets. If an idea like that had taken root, Hirari would have been pushed and promoted with a vengeance. She would probably been named a team captain and, maybe even pushed as the face of the group with every tour of an English-speaking country. She could have graduated as one of the group's superstars----right up there with Oshima Yuko, Acchan and Mayuyu. None of that ever came close to happening, of course, but, if it had, Hirari could have become a huge star. My two cents.

16. kazu-kun

kazu-kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Anyway...my book came in yesterday (which was super fast, but that's amazon japan), good photos, shows off her assets very well. :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. richard durbano

Yeah, my book came today from DHL expedited shipping. I love it. I have ten AKB photobooks now and this one ranks behind Owada Nana's and Shiroma Miru's as my favorite. Hirari certainly has an ''American-type'' build, doesn't she? She's thicker and bustier than your typical Japanese idol. With her natural light brown hair color, she'd probably look much more American than Japanese. I hope the book sells well and she has a nice career as a gravure model.

18. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 1
  19. richard durbano

Yes, hardback, 80 pages, all pictures with no script or writing, most pictures are full page shots 11.8 x 8.3. Really nice book with mostly bikini and lingerie photos.

• Like Like x 1
  20. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    It's funny to read some comments. Regarding putting up comments about other countries it's a good advice to know what one are talking about. Regarding Hirari's pics I have nothing against them, they are her business. Anyway, I have much worse in my drawers. :D

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1