1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Iwata Karen (Karen) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. aruru

aruru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Karen, go ahead your dreams!
    Congratulations!!
    I was so nervous about your departure and I was frustrated because I couldn't follow the stage. I'm so glad you have signed with horipro.
    Now, it's your turn to finish your stage: catch your dreams and never give up! Be the number 1!!

2. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Well, i had a tough time to put my thoughts in place... yet many things happens this morning (not fandom related)

This is the third time that my main oshimen graduated, yet this time is that less affected me, in part because i was expecting her graduation late this year, and yes i said it!. All of the last year she was ending a lot of graduations flags, and hints to her grand plan, so i'm really happy that she already put them in motion. Actually, some said "She din't mention AKB in her twitter info", that's was also a hint :awesome:

She is leaving, but leaving for a greater good. She will be fine, she is strong.

And with her, my interest for the main group is leaving, yes, i like some members in AKB, yet i found more of my tastes SKE, HKT and sakamichi series.

3. Yunachu

Yunachu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Exactly. Especially because she now has a good agency behind her, so I'm sure she'll be able to make a living, and maybe she'll even become a household name.

I know how you feel. After watching Karen struggle for three years, my interest in AKB is gone too, although in my case it's frustrations with the main group. There is no proof that hard work or talent will be rewarded. It's frustrating to see girls try their best and not make it anywhere because the top is too clogged up, and there's no indication of this changing anytime soon. So I'll be looking at NGT, or the other sister groups, where hard work and talent may have actual results.

4. ranchu

ranchu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    Congratulations Karen! She looked beautiful in her dress.

[​IMG]
    I'm really going to miss her. So sad.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kazu-kun

kazu-kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Haven't been able to bring myself to watch the LOD yet, but I'm sure it's a good one.

Still not sure what to do now, I don't have any other member that I'm as interested as I'm with Karen.

6. krhendro

krhendro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    KR_HENDRO
    I cannot resist making the video of 12th Gen Yume no Kawa because it hits right in the feels.

NOTE: It is "unlisted". Be careful when sharing.

if the video does not show watch the video here

7. Soumi~Haruka

Soumi~Haruka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
  8. krhendro

krhendro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    KR_HENDRO
    ^ Thanks for posting the link!

She is now known as Iwata Karen from HoriPro. :lol:

12516010_10209161344660594_1803297401_n copy.jpg

During yesterday's ANN, there are several mentions of Karen. Members participating are Fujita Nana, Tano Yuka, and Muto Tomu.

12:25 - The 3 members was talking about Karen.

21:29 - Tanochan yells encouraging words to Karen.

01:11:40 - Naana reads Karen's mail.

9. sweetygirl1994

sweetygirl1994 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    So, I've finally had time to watch Karen's graduation stage, and there're just two words that describe it perfectly (at least in my opinion): Beautiful & Emotional. Karen looked so happy, free and just so radiant during the whole stage, it was amazing. Emotionally I was mostly okay, only tearing up during the MC with Karen, Yukarun, Nattsun and Megutan, the letter from Karen's mom and the really emotional songs like M.T. ni sasagu, Yume no Kawa and so on. However, as soon as I heard the instrumental version of No Name's Niji no ressha, I broke completely down into tears. I can't really explain why, it's just hearing this song of the unit Karen loves with all her heart made me realize that her time in AKB is really over, and that I won't be able to hear Karen sing AKB's songs in the future.

Now to the happy news about her joining Horipro. I'm so happy that she really got in and I hope that she'll get a lot of jobs where she can show how good she is as an actress, on stage and in movies or dramas. I'll definitely keep on following and supporting her as good as I can!

10. Brazsan

Brazsan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    See the joke that Karin did.

Cup with cheap.

(Note: support the channel 'wgultd 1480 tube', always have new videos 48group there)
    (NoteII: if the channel is banned, search for '1480 tube' by the channel's owner always creates another)

11. krhendro

krhendro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    KR_HENDRO
    I was hoping that Karen will sing Risuke and it came true in this stage. You know, somehow the songs you mentioned, the lyrics and the feels makes more sense when Karen sangs them, that's why it feels so emotional. Also, we cannot deny that Karen's presence, performance, and voice made the stage worth watching. And heck, almost all members participating in the performance cried! (even Annin cried!)

12. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

So the 12th gen departures begin... As a collective group... 12th gen was always my fav... kinda sad AKB48 didn't realize their potential. Karen looked beautiful in her grad dress.

13. Soumi~Haruka

Soumi~Haruka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    ^I feel ya man. I am also fond of the 12th gen as I feel they have an interesting batch of characters. Karen definitely brought something to the group that I don't think anyone else can and it will be weird to no longer see her preforming with the group. :( Even so I wish her all the best!!

14. takamina<31994

takamina<31994 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    I think the same as you guys. The 12th gen is special in some way. For one it took really a long time for the first to graduate (although it was still too soon XD) Somehow I don't really feel like Karen has left. I can't describe it. My brain knows that she left and I saw her graduation stage, but somehow it still doesn't feel real.

15. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    OMG Yume no Kawa was so awesome :333 Karens voice slayed all

Sent with Taptalk

16. krhendro

krhendro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    KR_HENDRO
    Similar to what Kayano Shinobu has said (translation here: http://renkamusume.tumblr.com/post/141090093596/kayano-shinobus-755-on-iwata-karen-graduation), "I almost forgot that she’s graduating soon" :lol:

But really, in the graduation performance, during the MC, Yui mentioned that members have cried during rehearsals, thinking that it will feel lonely without Karen. IMO, Karen's presence is strong since the start of the performance, which makes me think that the stage should've been titled "K.I. ni Sasagu" exclusively for her graduation. :^^;:

On the other note, from her twitter timeline, it seems that she's currently into Gundam. :lol:

17. iloveanime12

iloveanime12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Wait... Karen sang Yume no Kawa?? :blink:
    Does anyone have a link??? I really want to hear it :omg:

18. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    @iloveanime12 look at her graduation concert, she and the 12th gen sang it!!

19. krhendro

krhendro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    KR_HENDRO
  20. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

What a shock! A CLEAVAGE! O_O :lol: