1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Iwata Karen (Karen) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. krhendro

krhendro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    KR_HENDRO
    ^ Or maybe we can expect Karen's voice cameo in Conan? [hehe]

I finally finished (rough) translating the article from ciatr.jp, hopefully it is understandable since I'm not a translator . :^^;:

You can see it here, or click on the spoiler below.

岩田華怜、AKBを卒業した新人女優のおさえておきたい事実7選
    Iwata Karen, the untold 7 facts of the newcomer actress graduated from AKB

2016年3月にAKB48を卒業し、ホリプロへの移籍を発表した岩田華怜。映画『ソロモンの偽証』に出演するなど、女優としても頭角を現しつつあります。目標に向かって突き進む。そんな彼女の魅力を、生い立ちから使命感、女優としての実績や趣味・特技などを通じて掘り下げていきましょう。
    Graduated from AKB48 in March 2016, Iwata Karen announced she’s moving to HoriPro. Appeared in the movie “Solomon’s Perjury”, she stands out as an actress. She moves towards her goal. Her appeal, her sense of upbringing, let’s dig through her achievements, hobbies, and her skills.

1:岩田華怜は実は幼少期から芸能活動をしていた
    1: Iwata Karen has done entertainment activities since childhood

岩田華怜は1998年5月13日、宮城県は仙台市に生まれ、幼い頃から地元のキッズタレントとしてCM、番組などテレビにも出演していました。2008年にはエステー主催のミュージカル『赤毛のアン』のオーディションに合格。惜しくも出演は逃しましたが、2009年に名取市のミュージカルスクールに入所し、翌2010年には同スクール主催のミュージカルに出演。演技に磨きをかけていきます。
    Iwata Karen, born in Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture on May 13th, 1998, was a local child talent, has appeared in CMs and TV programs from an early age. In 2008, she passed the audition for ST musical “Anne of Green Gables” (or “Red-haired Anne”). Regrettably, she missed the play, but in 2009, she was admitted to Musical School in Natori, acted in the Musical sponsored by the school in 2010. She improved her acting skill.

2:震災の被害に遭いつつもAKB48に合格
    2: Passed AKB48 audition while suffered from earthquake

オーディション進行中の被災
    Became a victim during Audition

2011年は岩田華怜にとって激動の年となりました。
    2011 is a terrible year for Iwata Karen.

まずは、2月20日。第12回目となるAKB48のオーディションに合格し、研究生としてアイドルの道を歩み始めます。同年4月17日には前座として公演デビューを果たしますが、このたった2ヶ月のあいだに岩田の人生に大きな影響を与える出来事がありました。
    First, on February 20th. She passed the 12th AKB48 Audition, became Research Student and began to walk the path of Idol. She was supposed to debut as the opening act of a stage in the same year on April 17th, but in about two months, there were incidents that will have a great impact on Iwata’s life.

3月11日に発生した、東日本大震災です。
    Great East Japan Earthquake occurred on March 11, 2011.

震災当日、岩田は仙台市の実家で被災。津波の到達こそなかったものの、家の壁にはヒビが入り、余震も続く中、身の安全を確保するために家族とともに車の中で一夜を明かしたといいます。
    On the day of the earthquake, Iwata was at home in Sendai. Although it was not reached by tsunami, to ensure their safety, her family spent the night in the car because the wall of her house was cracked during aftershock.

葛藤を乗り越え、決意とともにデビューを果たす
    Overcome her troubles, performs her debut with determination

被災地の混乱を目の当たりにし、自身の生活も一変。華やかな世界を目指すことに対する罪悪感も重なり、一度は芸能界への道を諦めかけたそうです。しかし母親からのアドバイスにより勇気づけられた岩田は、東京に出て、本格的にデビューを目指すことになります。
    Witnessing the chaos in the disaster-struck area has changed her life. Although she aimed for the glamorous world, due to facing overlapped guilt, at some point she almost gave up the path to entertainment industry. But Iwata has been encouraged by her mother’s advice, to go to Tokyo, to aim for the full-fledged debut.

それは「東北のために何かしたい」という強い意志の表れでもありました。
    “I want to do something for Tohoku”, that is the strong-will that appeared.

芸能活動を通じて自らの使命をはたす
    Fulfilling her mission through entertainment activities.

翌2012年の3月24日には正規メンバーに昇格。同年5月にはNHKの震災復興企画である『花は咲くプロジェクト』のメンバーとして活躍。岩田華怜は「芸能活動を通して東北を知ってもらい、復興に繋げる」という使命を見事に果たしたのです。
    She was promoted to regular member on March 24th, 2012. In the same year on May, she participated in NHK Earthquake Reconstruction Project, the “Hana wa Saku Project”. Iwata Karen is fulfilling her mission splendidly: “To make Tohoku known through entertainment activities”.

3:映画『ソロモンの偽証』で銀幕デビュー!
    3: Silver Screen debut in the movie “Solomon’s Perjury”!

初の映画出演は注目度大
    Her first movie appearance got great attention

困難にも屈することなく、芸能活動に情熱を注いできた岩田華怜。
    Not overpowered by difficulties, Iwata Karen has been passionate about performing in entertainment activities.

そんな彼女は2015年には、映画『ソロモンの偽証』に出演を果たします。本作は人気作家、宮部みゆきが10年かけた同名の小説が原作ということもあって、大きな話題を呼んだ意欲作です。また、40人程度のクラスメイトを選ぶのに、1万人という大規模なオーディションを実施したことでも注目をあつめました。
    In 2015, she starred in the movie “Solomon’s Perjury”. The movie has been a big topic because this was the work of Miyabe Miyuki, a popular author, based from the original novel of the same name she wrote 10 years ago. Then, to choose 40 people (to play) as classmates, she called out a large-scale audition of 10,000 people.

作品の魅力
    The work’s appeal

さて『ソロモンの偽証』はただ話題や注目を集めただけではありません。
    Solomon’s Perjury is not just gathering topics and attention.

原作、映画ともに、シビアでリアリティに溢れる心理戦が展開され、内容の濃さにも定評があります。特に「集団心理」の描写は非常に濃厚ですから、一見の価値ありですよ!
    Both the original work and the movie expand severe reality with overflowing psychological warfare; have a reputation for the depth of content. Because the depiction of Group Psychology is extremely concentrated, it’s worth a look!

難しい役を見事に演じきる
    She played the difficult role splendidly

岩田が演じた「河原沙織」は主人公のクラスメイトの一人であり、一見すると”脇役”のようにも思えますが、もちろんそんな生易しいものではありません。
    “Kawahara Saori”, the role that Iwata played, is one of the classmate of the protagonist, even thought it was only a “supporting role”, of course it was not an easy thing.

ただ表現豊かに感情をさらけ出せばいいというものではなく、他のすべてのキャラクターとの関係性を描き出さねばなりませんし、理不尽に抑圧された中での「泥臭さ」を表現しつつも思春期特有の繊細な感情を「感じさせる」必要があります。
    It’s not just expressing plenty of emotion; since it must describe all other character’s relationship, suppressing “vulgarity” and expressing a delicate “feel” of puberty/youth is necessary.

そして、岩田は「河原沙織」そして「クラスメイト」を見事に演じきりました。
    And then, Iwata splendidly acted as “Kawahara Saori” and also as “classmate”.

アイドルとして十分な成功を納めていながら、「演技力を磨く」という目標に向かってブレを感じさせない岩田。一歩先に進んだ彼女はど今後、どんな成長を見せてくれるのでしょう?
    Achieving enough success as Idol, Iwata, not feeling shaken, moves towards her goal: “Improving her Acting Skill”. Moving one step ahead, from now on, what kind of growth will she show?

4:特技はギターの弾き語り
    4: Her special skill is playing guitar

幼少期からの芸能活動、震災を乗り越えた精神力、そして「女優」としての道を着実に歩む姿。そんな岩田華怜の生き様からはとても大人びた印象を受けます。
    Been in entertainment activities since childhood, the strong-will from overcoming earthquake disaster, steadily follows the path of actress. Iwata Karen’s way of life has given a grown-up impression (of herself).

しかし、彼女の魅力はそれだけにとどまりません。
    However, her appeal does not stop there.

岩田の特技はギターの弾き語り。単なるキャラ作りではなく、かなり器用に弾きこなしています。AKB48の曲を演奏してアイドルらしさを見せる一方、「動画が見れない」や「初恋レディー」といったちょっとシュールで共感性の高いオリジナル曲を披露するなど、引き出しの多さにも驚かされます。
    Iwata’s special skill is playing guitar. Not making just an ordinary character, she’s quite skilful in playing guitar. Not only performing AKB48 songs to show her Idol-ness, but also showing high empathic and a little bit surreal original songs, such as “Douga ga mirenai” and “Hatsukoi Lady”, she is drawing many surprises.

「楽しみながら、楽しませる」を自然体でこなす岩田華怜、彼女は根っからのエンターテイナー気質であると言えそうですね。
    “While having fun, entertain” (*not sure how it should be translated), Iwata Karen did it naturally, as she has entertainer spirit from the start.

5:岩田華怜は家族が豪華だった!
    5: Iwata Karen’s family is wonderful!

芸能活動への意欲とストイックさにかけては文句なしの岩田華怜。実は、彼女の家族も芸能界に縁の深いのです。
    Iwata Karen, desiring to be in entertainment activities and stoic, is undisputed. In fact, her family is also related to entertainment industry.

母親は宮城県でローカルタレントとして活動
    Her mother worked as a local talent in Miyagi Prefecture

岩田華怜が幼少期から芸能活動に身を置いていたことは先にも述べましたが、彼女の母親もローカルタレントとして活躍しています。芸能人としての高いプロ意識を持ちつつ、暖かく距離を感じさせない気さくさ、前向きさは母親譲りの天性とも言えそうです。
    Although it has been mentioned that Iwata Karen has done entertainment activities since childhood, her mother also worked as a local talent. Maintaining professionalism as an entertainer, sociability that has no distance, positive attitude, seems to be the inherited traits from her mother.

大叔父は俳優の原田大二郎
    Her grand uncle is actor Harada Daijiro

岩田華怜の大叔父は俳優の原田大二郎。NHKの大河ドラマ『新・平家物語』で平重盛役を演じたほか、『太陽に吠えろ』や『鬼平犯科帳』、『大江戸捜査網』『暴れん坊将軍』など有名タイトルに繰り返し出演しています。
    Iwata Karen’s grand uncle is actor Harada Daijiro. He has appeared in so many times in many drama with famous title, such as NHK Taiga Drama “Shin Heike Monogatari” as Taira no Shigerumori, “Taiyou ni Hoero”, “Onihei Hankachou”, “Oedo Sousamo”, and “Abarenbo Shogun”.

その他、映画や舞台と多岐に活動し、特に「渋くて漢らしい刑事もの」や「時代劇」はなんでもござれという演技派。一方、『それいけ!ズッコケ三人組』の怪盗X役など、コミカルなアニメ作品の声優としても活躍しています。
    He has also act in movies and musical, for example like “Shibukute Kanrashii Keiji Mono” and “Jidaigeki”. At one time, he has also work as a voice actor in a comical anime “Sore Ike! Zukkoke Sannin-gumi” as Kaito X (Phantom Thief X).

いい意味で抑制のきいた堅実かつ柔軟な演技力を武器に息の長い活動をしてきた原田大二郎。その性質は岩田華怜にも確実に受け継がれているようです。
    Harada Daijiro has made a long lasting weapon, which is flexible acting skill that is successfully suppressed solid in a good meaning. The trait seems to have surely been inherited to Iwata Karen.

6:実は少年漫画が大好き
    6: Actually loves Shonen Manga

ギターの弾き語りでは時折おちゃめな面を見せる岩田華怜。実は少年漫画も大好きで、公式コメントやブログ(google+)で様々な作品に言及しています。
    Aside of playing guitar, Iwata Karen sometimes shows her playful self. She actually loves Shonen Manga, from her official blog (Google+) comments she referred to various works (of Shonen Manga).

楽しみ方も独特で、セリフや擬音まで声に出して読む”漫読”を特技として、その魅力について熱く語る場面も見られます。
    She has unique ways to enjoy them, her special skill “Mandoku”, reading aloud the dialogs and imitating sounds, following that appeal, she passionately talks about the scene (from the manga).

――漫読が面白いと気づいたきっかけは。 「はい、実は面白いんです。これ! 番組で「特技ありますか」と聞かれて、思いつくものがなく、漫読をやることにしました。ほかのメンバーはトランペットなど本格的な特技が多かったんですけど、私だけ漫画を1冊持って出てきて、『うおおぉぉぉ!!』ってやったら、けっこうウケたんです。それから、特技と聞かれたら『漫読』と言うようにしています。よく調べてみたら、私よりも先に漫読をする方がおられて、当初は存じ上げませんでしたが、今度、共演させていただくことになりました」
    –Chance to make the interesting Mandoku recognized.“Yes, it’s actually interesting. This is it! When asked ‘Do you have any special skills?’, nothing seems to came up, so I decided to do Mandoku. While the other members have standard special skills such as playing trumpets, I’m the only one with a book, after doing 'UOOOOOOOO!!’, it’s pretty funny. And then, when asked about my special skill, I said 'Mandoku’. After I investigate, there are people who has done Mandoku earlier than me, at first I had no idea, but this time, I’m allowed to do it.”

『進撃の巨人』のコスプレを披露するなど楽しみ方がとにかく積極的!周囲を巻きこむ積極性が実に彼女らしく、興味をかきたてます。
    The way of she enjoys showing off “Shingeki no Kyojin” cosplay is positive! Because her positive attitude affects her surroundings, she has raised interests (to many people).

7:AKB卒業後の活動は?』女優として舞台や映画に出演!
    7: Activities after AKB graduation? Appears in movies and stage play as an actress!

岩田華怜は2016年3月15日の卒業公演でホリプロへの移籍を発表しました。
    Iwata Karen announced that she’s moving to HoriPro during her graduation stage on March 15th, 2016.

彼女が本格的に「女優」を目指すきっかけとなったのは、ホリプロが手がけたミュージカル『ピーターパン』だったといいます。幼少期から現在に至るまで一貫して「女優」そして「演技」への道を目指してきた岩田。彼女にとって希望に満ちたスタートを切ったといえるでしょう。
    She started to aim to be “actress” because of HoriPro’s Musical “Peter Pan”. Iwata has aimed for the road to “actress” and “acting” consistently from childhood up to the present. She has opened the hopeful start that she held.

また、卒業公演を控えた同年3月11日の復興イベントでは、卒業後も芸能活動を通して東北の復興に貢献したい、と語っています。
    Also, during March 11th Revival Event before her graduation stage, she said that she wants to contribute in Tohoku’s revival through entertainment activities even after graduation.

目標をしっかりと持ち芯の強さを感じさせる岩田華怜。演技力や気さくな人柄も魅力的です。今後の活躍に期待が高まりますね。
    Iwata Karen feels that her core strength is holding her goal firmly. Her acting skill and her sociable personality is also attractive. The expectations are high in her activities from now on.

2. liakyan

liakyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    Twitter:
    idollia
    ok i have no idea how to like a post but thanks for translating that article!! i had a little trouble reading the raw article, but the translation really helped ahaha
    karen is just too good :cute:

3. takamina<31994

takamina<31994 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
  4. krhendro

krhendro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    KR_HENDRO
  5. krhendro

krhendro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    KR_HENDRO
  6. sweetygirl1994

sweetygirl1994 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    ^ I've seen it on twitter already. I hope it will be possible to watch it somewhere later on, I'd really like to see it

7. liakyan

liakyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    Twitter:
    idollia
    image.png
    karen got a new picture on the akb site (???!!) she always looks so good wowow

8. sweetygirl1994

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Yeah, I was surprised that she got a new one too. I guess they'll take it down after her last AKB activities/handshake events have ended.

9. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Yeah it's this whole debate about when a girl is truly graduated from AKB that circles around the fandom every now and again. Even though she's had her last performance at the theater and isn't doing any new things with AKB, she's still technically a member, at least until she's finished her last HS/two-shot

10. liakyan

liakyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    Twitter:
    idollia
    ooohhhh-- so when is her last 2shot/HS event??

11. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    May 21st at Intex Osaka

12. liakyan

liakyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    Twitter:
    idollia
    hm, i wonder why they have their graduation performance so far before their last activity with akb...? i can kinda understand why they have members stick around for HS/2shot events, but i don't get why they don't have their performance after they're done with that ;v; aaa

13. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I honestly don't know. My guess is that it is different with each member. They stick around because of the obligation to do the handshake events. So one would think they might as well stick around for the theater shows. It is most likely up to the member.

14. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    I guess that Karen didn't wanted to cancel her HS slots, so until the last person in the line is server, she will completely leave.
    A reminder, Sato Amina had her graduation stage early January, her last activity was on May 30 :^^;:

15. iWOTAkaren48

iWOTAkaren48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    iwatakaren_IFC
    this Friday is Karen's birthday
    and this Friday is 13th May. I hope it's not a bad day for her. does anyone send her a birthday gift or anything?

16. krhendro

krhendro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    KR_HENDRO
    Heads up for those who want to watch today's VS Arashi (starts from 19:00 JST, calculate your own timezone) ;)

http://vbn1599512005.wix.com/akb48-taiwan-clubs2 (thanks to ATC - AKB48 Taiwan Club)

Too bad I cannot watch it later. Gonna need to wait for available video later (if any). :(

And finally tomorrow is Karen's birthday!! :banana:

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  17. rolca

rolca Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the info, go Karen Go , but 19:00 in Japan is 07:00 in Chile and that is too close for work hour :wall: . I have to wait a video too :(. Please someone share the video later.

Saludos

Rol'ca

18. krhendro

krhendro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    KR_HENDRO
    Since it's already May 13th in Japan...

Happy 18th Birthday, the always awesome, Iwata Karen! Shine brighter than yesterday! :banana:

iwata-bd-wpp.jpg

19. sweetygirl1994

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    :ome:Happy 18th birthday Karen!! :ome:I hope you'll have a happy and successful year and that you'll keep on shining like you do now.

20. aruru

aruru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Well, here is my apport for Karen... and Ren!! >w<
    I notice too late that the phrase is "Make your wishes come true", so, excuse me please ;__;
    I really love her graduation dress, and I miss her a lot...
    I WANT HER TO RELEASE A SINGLE IN THIS YEAR!
    [​IMG]
    HAVE A HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!