1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kasai Tomomi (Tomo~mi) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 5, 2007.

1. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Happy 25th birthday Tomo~mi~~~!!! :ome:

2. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Happy birthday Tomo~mi!! <3

3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  4. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  5. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    If you go to his YT channel you will see that they also covered ハナミズキ (Hanamizuki).

if the video does not show watch the video here

And this time they put her name first! :)

6. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Thanks for posting this. Tomo looks and sounds better than ever.:cute:

7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Finally some news for Tomomi T___T I really miss Tomomi and her voice <3 She did very well in both songs covers especially for Hanamizuki, it sounds beautiful... She looks so pretty too. You can tell that she is passionate with singing. I really hope she can have new singles .___. It's been so long, I miss her music ;___;

8. noisyrequiem

noisyrequiem Kenkyuusei

Hopefully, after a two-year hiatus, Tomomi is going to have a decent year as a singer.

In January 2017, she starred in a local adaptation of the Broadway stage musical "Once on this island". Six performances during four days in total, but better than nothing. The reviews I read were favourable and the event itself was covered in the main Japanese media.

A few months earlier, in summer 2016, Tomomi received a three-month education in CCM (The California College of Music) in Pasadena. Lessons in the U.S. clearly improved her technical skills as well as vocal range - she now sings with a deeper and louder voice than before. Her voice has always been remarkably stable but sometimes lacked some power and quality - now it's like easily one of the best female vocals in J-Pop.

At the end of 2016, Kasai changed the record label to King Records. This is quite good news since her previous label (Crown Records) didn't do much to promote her in the last two years and the King Records seems to be more idol-oriented.
    Indeed, latest Twitter posts from Kasai suggest that she's already recording some stuff in Yoshimasa Inoue studio, so hopefully a new single could be released around the spring. I won't even be surprised if they let her make an album.

On March 4th, Tomomi has a 10th Anniversary special solo concert in Tokyo. I'm not sure what kind of anniversary it is (her debut in AKB was 11 years ago) but I expect her to announce a new single then and I'll be disappointed if she doesn't.
    And for the first time in her solo career, Tomomi will be singing with live music band.

Also this month (March 10th), Kasai will be a special guest at the first solo live concert of KAIKI, the guy with whom she performed the two cover songs posted above.

That's all Chiyuu news for now. After her solo career was almost destroyed by a string of scandals in 2012/2013, any new activity from Tomomi is a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, musical talent is not the most important thing in J-pop music industry, therefore Kasai's recent voice improvements probably won't help to boost her popularity nor cause a real breakthrough in her career. Now she can only hope to retain her current sparse fanbase, occasionally release some singles and perform in small houses for 200-300 people. If she manages to achieve that, it will be her big success.

9. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

KAIKI ONEMAN LIVE 1st Guest singer Kasai Tomomi 3:20 to 4:30

if the video does not show watch the video here

10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@noisyrequiem Thank you for all those informations! I didn't know about most of this. It's nice to know what Tomomi is doing lately. ^^

@resler Thank you for posting the video! They performed the same 2 songs that they upload earlier on Youtube. Tomomi sounds so nice!

11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  12. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

OMFG QUEEN OF EATING BURGERS AND QUALITY VOCALS!!!! Thank you so much for this update. I've practically given up on having anything from her so I was pleasantly surprised to see this when I saw her chat got updated. Omg. I've been dying for new material from her. Her voice ain't everyone's cup of tea (too squeaky) but she was always pretty good technically. I'm EXCITED!! <3<3

13. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Reading updates about Tomo~mi makes me so happy <3
    Looking forward for her activities this year!

14. _kazanbai

_kazanbai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
  15. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

16. _kazanbai

_kazanbai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    It's a promotional picture from her single Ima Sara Sara, which was released in 2014 September. Still she's charming on her Instagram.

17. _kazanbai

_kazanbai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
  18. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
  19. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
  20. noisyrequiem

noisyrequiem Kenkyuusei

Small update...

Next week (13 to 18th July), Tomomi will perform in her 3rd musical called "Himeyuri", where she plays a nurse during the Battle of Okinawa.
    She's changed her haircut for this occasion and now looks like in her old "Aitakatta" times again:)

[​IMG]
    (photo from her hairstylist's Instagram)

Later in July (on 27th), Kasai will give a concert at Otodama Sea Studio, where she appeared earlier in 2014 and 2015.
    Still no new single in sight:(