1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kawaei Rina (Ricchan) / 11th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Naomi, Dec 10, 2010.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    An interview with her manager, Michiru Ogawa (小川美智瑠, who is neither the AV actress 小川みちる nor the fictional character 小川みちる):

"Many graduates of idols, such as Mai Shiraishi (Nogizaka 46), who will be graduated this month, turn into solos and actresses. However, few of them bloom, and some of the popular members of the group disappear as soon as they graduate. Meanwhile, Rina Kawaei has overcome the high barriers of former idols, and can be said to be a great actress. The reason why Kawaei was able to perform “Idol Escape” brilliantly since graduation. We asked Manager Michiru Ogawa."

――How long have you been in charge of Kawaei?
    Michiru Ogawa: It is about two-and-a-half years. I was in charge of my second year at the company, and at that time I was the first to transfer by car, and I had little experience in drama and movie scenes. Of course, watching AKB era on TV, I was very worried at first. But when I first greeted her at the dressing room, she was standing up to me while I was making makeup and turned around and greeted me. That was really nice.

――Why is there such a reason that offers are constantly flooding?
    Michiru Ogawa: First of all, her stance is that she is humble and low-profile. No matter how much the play is valued, it will never get in tune. She always has a sense of crisis and says, "If you get on the track, I will disappear soon." Also, the care for the staff and the surrounding people is great. When you enter the scene, you greet all the staff and return to your home when you return. They open their doors in the staff room and come to the office, and when they come to the office, they go around the floor and say hello.

-Last year, there was a change in marriage, childbirth and the environment. Are there any changes to your work?
    Michiru Ogawa: No, there is no special change in mind or direction. Because she is a strong child, she will continue to do what she has and what she has been looking for. She wants to be an actress loved by many people, and her goal is to win an award as an actress. So I will continue to support her who has improved her power.

1584611770360.jpg

1584614362666.jpg

https://www.oricon.co.jp/special/54437/

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    RealSound today has an article about Ricchan's latest TV drama role:
    https://realsound.jp/movie/2020/06/post-575481.html

20200625-bg-1-950x633.jpg

She appears in Episode 2 of a TV Asahi series called 'BG ~ Shinpen keigo hito ~' where she plays the part of Morio Ema, a visually impaired genius pianist.

Google translation:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    She is back! (in au commercials)

Ori-chan Returns!

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ilovemiyuki

Ilovemiyuki Kenkyuusei

Love her in the death note film!

5. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Interview at the shooting

• Like Like x 1
  6. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    New CM for Kao Biore Refresh Sheet:

• Like Like x 1
  7. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Ricchan is promoting 'Sea Day Project 2020', "A day to thank the blessings of the sea and hope for the prosperity of Japan, a maritime nation" according to the website at https://c2sea.jp/uminohi2020/ which features her prominently. There's also a 21-minute promotional video where she visits a shipyard, a port facility, the Japan Coast Guard and a marina to meet various 'sea professionals':

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  8. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Recently I decided that I will start watching Ricchan's acting projects! Actually, this is something I wanted to do since years ago, but I never found the right moment, and I'm always late even with watching the projects of my other favs, so I keep thinking about watching Ricchan's acting projects but I never did... The only dramas where I saw her in the past were the AKB dramas like Majisuka Gakuen 2/3/4, Sailor Zombie, and Bakaleya movie. I never saw her in other acting projects outside of AKB's ones. But now I finally started!

The first drama I watched is Kawaei's first non-AKB drama, Shark! This drama is from 2014. The story is about a band, it has 12 episodes of around 20 minutes so it's very easy to watch. Ricchan is in every episode! She played the role of Kaede, the friend of Mizuki (Hirano Sho) who is the lead role of the drama. I'll post my opinion under spoiler ^^

I was surprised that Ricchan really appeared in every episode of the drama and around the last episodes, she had a more important role! Kaede (her role) made Mizuki realize important things. and we learned more about her role once we saw her outside of the restaurant. in the first episodes, we only ever see her in the restaurant. But I loved those scenes too, the interactions between Kaede and Mizuki are so cute, the way they're always bickering LOL I like them as couple, it's cute how Kaede has feelings for Mizuki, it was implied many times, she almost confessed, they had a hug, and the band teasing him for having a girlfriend even though denied XD I love the scene when Kaede was mad at Mizuki because she thought that he forgot her birthday but he actually remember it, so cute! I think Ricchan was perfect for this role!

I also want to say I like Ricchan's hairstyle and her style overall in the drama, she has her clothes for the restaurant but also different clothes in later episodes and she looks so cute. Btw Hirano Sho is also a very successful actor and idol now, just like Kawaei became a successful actress, so it was funny seeing them both in a drama from 2014 before both of them became popular as they are now! I'll share some cute gifs and photos from the drama! The gifs: Ricchan / Ricchan with Sho <3 and here are the photos, these were for the promo of the drama:

001.jpg 002.jpg

She looks so cute :cute:

9. Novakayne

Novakayne Member

You're in for a treat with Kawaei's acting roles. I've been making it a point to follow as many idols as I can that have ventured into the tv and film acting world ever since I discovered 9Nine's Kawashima Umika (who is a far better actreess than she ever was an idol) and Kawaei is a monster of an actress. She has taken the #1 power ranking to me for former idols turned actresses surpassing the likes of Maeda Atsuko, Shimazaki Haruka, Nishino Nanase, ect ect. Kawaei can play so many roles, she can be absolutely hilarious playing the idiot chara like she did as an idol but then be the super serious strong scary type.

My top 3 favorite Kawaei acting gigs
    3B)Hayako Sensei, Kekkon Surutte Honto Desu Ka? (The Single Teacher Miss Hayako)
    3A)Boku-tachi ga Yarimashita (Fugitive Boys)
    2)Gomen Ne Seishun (Saving My Stupid Youth) One of the funniest drama's I've ever seen
    1)3 Nen A Kumi (Mr. Hiiragi's Homeroom) One of the best drama's I've ever Seen

Honorable Mention/Has Potential: Nagahama Neru if she ever decides to take up acting
    10)Nagao Mariya (AKB)
    9)Oshima Yuko (AKB)
    8)Matsui Airi (Sakura Gakuin)
    7)Maeda Atsuko (AKB)
    6)Wakatsuki Yumi (Nogizaka46)
    5)Shimazaki Haruka (AKB)
    4)Hashimoto Kanna (Rev. from DVL)
    3)Nishino Nanase (Nogizaka46)
    2)Kawashima Umika (9Nine)
    1)Kawaei Rina (AKB)

10. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

Gomen ne Seishun really great and funny, that makes Kawaei decided to became an actress..
    And dont forget Kawaei also Queen of CM, she's everywhere...

11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Census Kickoff Event

CMs for the census.

12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    This video from MyNavi News includes a much longer 'Making' feature for the CMs:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@Novakayne

Your list is interesting! I have watched a lot of movies/dramas with idols turned actresses but I don't think I can say that I have closely followed a lot of idols turned actresses (probably because I'm always late with everything LOL) the one who I follow the most in acting is Acchan (Maeda Atsuko) because she was my #1 favorite in AKB and I still support her the most so I'm trying to keep up with her acting career (and there is quite a lot to watch) I've enjoyed her acting projects! I also watched dramas/movies with Yuko, Paruru, and other 48G members, but I think Kawaei is the 2nd member after Acchan who I decide to watch "all" her acting projects. it's a mix of the fact that I know she has good acting skills from back when I saw her in AKB dramas and because I know she has a successful acting career and many projects so I'm interested.

I know Kawashima Umika, I actually first knew her as actress and I watched some of her projects, then I learned that she is/was idol and it really surprised me since I saw her as actress and never thought that she would be an idol. She's a good actress and I enjoyed what I saw from her! I also know Hashimoto Kanna of course, but I didn't see her acting projects yet.

I can't do a ranking considering I don't follow all idols turned actresses too closely. But what I can say is that most of the girls you mentioned are good, from what I've seen with them. I focus on Kawaei right now, and I'm excited to watch her acting projects and to see her in different roles!

I started Gomen ne Seishun, I only watched 2 episodes so far, and I can already say that I LOVE this drama! I'm not sure why I had doubts if I would like it before I started it, maybe it's because it's a school drama and I thought I might not be too much into this anymore, but I was completely wrong. it's very fun and interesting, I'm liking it so much! and I love Ricchan's role, her character has a strong personnality LOL I look forward to continue the drama and I'll come post my full opinion here once I finish it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

Strong and courageous. Absolutely not baka :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Ricchan took part today in an iPhone 12 launch event with the au phone company:

16. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Since the search function doesn't work, I don't know if this was posted three years ago, but I just started watching Frankenstein's Love (フランケンシュタインの恋) on Viki, and there she was in the first episode. [I hadn't looked over the cast list before, but she was instantly recognizable.]

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 7.10.21 PM.jpg

https://www.viki.com/tv/35766c-frankensteins-love

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Appearance on a TV drama

"Actress Rina Kawaei will star in the Hulu original story "Love Evolution" of the NTV series drama "# Rimo Love ~ Ordinary Love is Evil Road ~" (every Wednesday at 10:00 pm). The new episode will be exclusively distributed after the broadcast of terrestrial episodes 4, 7, and 10. Fuichi Aobayashi (Kohei Matsushita)'s girlfriend, Saori Abiko (Rina Kawaei), who also appears in the main story, draws a fun and deep way to reach a strange view of love."

sns_0de95eea1a_org.jpg

https://www.nishinippon.co.jp/nsp/item/o/659065/

"Preliminary video of episode 3 (broadcast on 28th) of the NTV series drama "#Rimo Love-Ordinary Love is Evil" (every Wednesday at 10:00) starring actor Kohei Matsushita and actress Rina Kawaei. The scene photo was released on the 21st. The "#mask kissing" scene of a couple, Saori Abiko, played by Kawaei, and Fuichi Aobayashi, played by Matsushita, has also been lifted."

2174932_202010210829005001603288820c.jpg
    "Kohei Matsushita, Rina Kawaei (C) Nippon Television (1/2) appearing in episode 3 of "#Rimo Love-Ordinary Love is Evil" broadcast on the 28th"

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2174932/full/
    Video preview blocked in the US]

• Like Like x 2
  18. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Ricchan speaking at a Cabinet Office event to spread awareness of domestic violence and child abuse:

• Like Like x 3
  19. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I just opened my Yahoo Japan page and found Ricchan in an ad in the upper right. I clicked on it, but didn't take a picture first. The link took me to the domestic violence (DV) campaign.

ogp.jpg

https://www.gov-online.go.jp/cam/no_dvca/index.html

There is a video with her on that page as well as on this page:
    https://www.gov-online.go.jp/cam/no_dvca/dv01/

This page has multiple video and audio messages for different outlets: posters, tv, the web, on trains, etc.
    https://www.gov-online.go.jp/cam/no_dvca/koukoku/

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Another press conference with DJ KOO about the Domestic Violence and Child Abuse hot lines.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1