1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Maeda Atsuko (Acchan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by xyish, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Great news for Acchan fans! There is a subbing team who subbed Densetsu no Okaasan (The Legendary Mother). You can find the episodes subbed here. I'm so thankful to them, I made sure to thank them everytime they subbed an episode, and now they finished it! So now I can finally start watching the drama (I was waiting for it to be complete). I will watch it soon <3

Jurina recently posted a photo with Acchan and she wrote a sweet post so I translated it!

001.jpg

"With Maeda-san❤
    During Oogoe Diamond's MV recording, there is a scene where I collide with Maeda-san,
    Since I was new and just joined back then, I was nervous and shy
    At that time, she told me that it's fine to bump into her more seriously, I still remember!
    Thanks to this, I was able to shoot well✨
    I'm full of gratitude❤
    Thank you again☺
    I love youー"

:blush::blush::blush:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

This is great news. :cry2:

3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Acchan's recent IG updates! I tried to translate them <3

2020/08/24

001.jpg

I unintentionally bought matching shoes☺︎☺︎☺︎☺︎ #Vans

Takamina's comment: The size is too cute!
    Acchan's reply to Takamina: It's cute, isn't it❤

Mariko's comment: Cute

2020/08/26

002.jpg 003.jpg

This August, I was invited by MEGUMI to participate in a worskshop!
    I enjoyed the summer classes☼

I'm thankful because the teacher told us a lot of things☺︎

Also,

#ILOVEMEGUMI

Kyaa❤❤❤

2020/08/27

004.jpg

On the way to work, from the squall...
    I saw a rainbow!
    It might be the first time I see such a beautiful rainbow.
    It made me happy from the morning.

Note: The original post also has a video!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    A story in ModelPress about her instagram where she reported being stalked while shopping with her son.

"I was walking toward the supermarket while holding my child this morning, and I was approached by a reporter."
    "I was suddenly surprised and even afterwards while I was on the escalator, I refused, and there was a person who held the camera at the end of the escalator. "

https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/2212565

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEv4WvPg-Z6/

5. supermochi89

supermochi89 Kenkyuusei Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Mayukirin <3
    Twitter:
    renaimayuyu
    Can't people respect others' space? She's a human too. I feel so bad :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Sounds so a-typical for Japan, imho, that kind of behaviour, but even here in the Netherlands gossip press tends to stay clear of the kids of celebrities as it is seen as a breach of privacy.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  7. best48fan

best48fan Kenkyuusei

lol, the irony

8. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

The paparazzi in Spain is the worst in such a way that they had to put laws to protect children.

9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Acchan's IG updates, I translated them:

2020/09/04

001.jpg

This is a photo from a little while ago。

One of the reasons why I cut my hair short,
    is because I was praised for the shape of my head (laugh)
    I'm a simple person。
    I'm really happy when I'm being complimented✨
    I want to have a life full of positive human relationships☺︎

Saying I love you by mail to a beloved person is happiness

#ShortHair

Mariko's comment: Short hair alliance *sunglasses emoji*
    Acchan's reply to Mariko: Short hair senpai❤❤❤

2020/09/05

002.jpeg

Excuse me for the serious content。

This morning, I was walking to the supermarket while holding my child,
    suddenly I heard the voice of a reporter who was calling me。
    It was from behind and I was taken aback,
    I refused and went to walk on the escalator but
    the reporter still held the camera even after the escalator。。
    Because I was with a child, I was scared since it was dangerous。
    Of course I didn't want my child to be taken in photos。
    I go to the supermarket and to convenience stores too,
    I live a normal life every day。
    I wish you don't come up with funny stories about me。。 I really hope。
    I don't usually write about the inner feelings in my heart,
    but today I was feeling sad,
    and I was in a situation where I could feel the danger,
    so I wrote what I was thinking for the first time。

I hope we can live your life peacefully and safely every day。

My feelings now, Hayashida Miyu-chan
    she expressed it with a very nice drawing
    Thank you。 I'm grateful。✿

Hayashida Miyu reposted and wrote: Hope a good day✿
    I hope you can spend your time peacefully。

I tried my best to translate Acchan's last post, it's a serious post and Acchan sounds really sad ._. I'm upset that she had to go through this, and especially to feel in danger in a public place when she is with her baby. I can't believe that this happened because I thought that japanese medias have respect for children of celebrities and won't take photos. I completely understand Acchan's feelings, she just wants to live a normal life. I'm glad she spoke about her feelings, and the fact that she wrote this, now the reporter can't write nonsense about her... I'm thankful to Hayashida Miyu for the nice drawing (I'm not sure if she did it herself or just sent it to Acchan). It's written "hope a good day" on it, I think this made Acchan feel better. <3 I checked and both of them follow each other so they must be friends. I hope Acchan can cheer up and that this doesn't happen again... And for the previous post, I'm glad that Acchan was complimented and it gave her self-confidence, I also love to see her funny interaction with Mariko. Short hair alliance <3

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I feel bad for Acchan. She left AKB pretty much exactly eight years ago now. I know she's still active in the entertainment industry all together and a known person, but still. You'd think they'd leave her be at this point.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Yeah, totally agree, but you have to always keep in mind how incredibly huge she was in Japan. For a few years there, she was THE BIGGEST STAR in a country of 125 million people. Not surprisingly, she will always be ''Acchan'' to many many people even though she hasn't been that person for almost a decade. Even in a country that is known for its polite and respectful citizenry, there are always going to be individuals who can't let go. To be honest, I'm surprised more of the grads haven't had to deal with this insanity.

12. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I don't think this was an individual, Acchan mentions that it was a reporter ....
    (ok, technical a reporter is also an individual ... because as Brian taught us "You are all individuals!" ;) )

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  13. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

There are no professional ethics or scruples when there is money involved.

14. richard durbano

Before I begin this post, I want to remind everyone that I am an enormous fan of Maeda Atsuko---always have been and always will be. She was my favorite member and she is my favorite grad. I have bought all her photo books, seen every movie that has been made available to me here in the U.S. and have posters of her on walls throughout my apartment. I was heartbroken when she graduated and I was ecstatic for her when she became a wife and mom.
    Having said that, I kind of believed, right from the beginning, that her marriage may prove challenging for everyone concerned. Show business and celebrity marriages are a crapshoot and many times the necessary long weeks apart devoted to work can prove problematic. Add to that, Maeda's personality which has been described, at times, as aloof, self-centered and unpleasant. Throw in her basic insecurity and emotional issues, which even she has admitted to many times, could prove problematic. And then, you have a marriage ceremony which may not have even occurred at all if Maeda wasn't pregnant and you have a recipe for a very short marriage. When it was rumored she and her hubby were living apart, I didn't believe for a second that is was Covid-related. I hope I'm incredibly wrong here with my very very amateurish psychological read, because I wish her nothing but happiness for decades to come.

15. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I kinda doubt if her personality truly is/was like that, she could or would have been real friends with the other 1st gens, for instance Miichan was truly devastated when Acchan graduated, at Tokyo Dome and at her last theater performance, and even after 8 years first gens meet up once in a while and enjoy each other's company
    Aloof ... self-centered ... I can think of members I might pin those labels on, but not Acchan.
    Insecure, yeah, I buy that, but I think most girls would have that when burdened with having to be *the* face of an up and coming group, also knowing that in within group the there must be girls wondering, why her and not me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. richard durbano

Agree with a lot of that, but Maeda himself admitted, I believe during one AKBingo segment that she didn't know the names of some of the younger AKB members and didn't know the name of one the of the Bad Boys. Ex-members have talked about ''Maeda and her two bentos during mealtime and how she always ate first.'' Of course, she had her close close friends in the group, but I wouldn't be surprised if not everyone on stage was crushed and distraught the day she announced her graduation. Again, I'm not picking at her. As the ace of AKB, I absolutely adored her, but, as a spouse, I'm willing to bet she would prove a handful for any man.

17. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Acchan's IG updates! I tried to translate them!
    I love the photos on the second post, so pretty <3

2020/09/08

001.jpg

Hello from the entrance door。

Recently, I met with my childhood friend's family after a long time,
    the children are beautiful sisters and becoming more and more beautiful♡
    Talking about things like if we liked another kid at school or not,
    it was a cute and happy time。

I always think that words have a tremendous power,
    thank you for giving me a lot of positive power。!

2020/09/09

002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg

When I went to the Locarno Film Festival last year
    The view from the hotel room。 It's really beautiful。。
    I saw the photos after a long time and I'm nostalgic

The air felt so good...
    I really spent a lot of time in the veranda。

I saw a lot of people taking a walk with their dogs,
    there was an old man doing the backstroke✨

It was very calm and relaxing。
    It's a place where I definitely want to go again。

#Locarno

• Like Like x 3
  18. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I doubt there are any members (especially senbatsu members) who know every single members in akb48 lol. That doesn't have anything to do with selfishness, but it's just because akb48 has become so huge.

Furthermore, Acchan is one of the members who have the privilege to get TONS external work when she is in AKB. That means she spent less and less days in akb theatre, or with fellow members. and instead, she worked outside.

U can't expect her to keep up with both.

Not even Takamina (as shown by akbingo dokkiri) could spot fake akb member, indicating she doesn't know every single akb members.

Not even Yukirin. as suggested by her recent youtube videos, she seems to meet some members for the first time.

Some of the habits U mentioned are no good indicators of whether one is selfish or not.

Acchan is probably honest to her needs and wants. And many teenagers do that.

Plus, given the amount of jobs during the prime era, I am not surprised at her hunger level lol.

She is probably at best, just a girl who have lower baseline/endurance level for stress and changes. But that doesn't mean she's bad, or not suited to be in relationship with males. (and she is not someone who can silently close one eye if somethings irk her. that is not necessarily bad)

We don't know what happens behind the closed door anyway.

Even the kindest person can have multiple failed relationships. sometimes none of them are bad. some personalities are bound to clash.

And has someone mentioned post-partum depression (baby blues)? post-partum depression is no joke. it can hit anybody, regardless how kind or strong someone is.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
  19. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Remember on the pre AKBingo show (or was it early AkBingo?) when they used to replace Acchan with a cardboard cutout? She was in such high demand even that early on so she probably didn't get to know new members as they joined.

I mean the group just exponentially grew, which you could see every time they did Lucky Girl Ranking at the start of every year and the board just got more and more ridiculously enormous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, otoh .... not knowing Kiyoto's name, that's kinda ... euh .. bad ... but then again ... I must admit ... I had to look up his proper name as I tend to forget it ... and he's 'the member of Bad Boys that is not Sata' mostly ... :/
    but as @iainus said ... especially in the beginning of AKBingo Acchan was constantly missing in action, busy with some sort of job outside of AKB
    I'm not working at that big a company (or sub-company is maybe a 100 employees) ... but I don't know all the employees in my sub-company by name, especially the newer employees and the trainees, you just don't get to interact with them all that much.
    (and no, I'm not the Acchan in our organisation :) )