1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Ogasawara Mayu (Maachun) / NMB48 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by sada, Dec 7, 2010.

1. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Oh God, not her too, members whom I'm warming up to are all graduating this year lmao. Btw, now four team A members are gone (two are orimen of A7), so I wouldn't be surprised to see another shuffle. Wishing all the best for her after graduation, she should try R-1 GP again.

2. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    It made her a regular for UTAGE, but the moment UTAGE ended, it is also the moment that she got screwed over.

3. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Ironically, the one main thing that caught my attention towards her was her transfer to AKB (along with Chori's). In the early days of her transfer, her sense of humor really stood out a lot in AKBingo...and I seriously thought she would skyrocket in popularity within AKB because of that. Then I saw Season 1 of NMB Geinin and realized how wrong I was. She really had so much potential in NMB.

I still remember her "Dooomoo~" with Sayanee from NMB Geinin...good times. :) I'm looking forward to see what she does next.

4. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I think it is worth mentioning that her struggle to maintain her appearance in TV would also include Ariyoshi show, AKBingo, and much. Few of it where she is a regular. There's even one instance in Kimi Dare trial episode, were she even said herself on-air, that her life depends on it, jokingly. We all know better.

Unknown to many, it is Yoshimoto who gives her a regular show "Maachun Channel" on Kawaiian TV.
    Example episode

I have no worry where her future will go. It was just that future are not provided by the one wanting her to transfer in the first place.

5. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    This is not entirely accurate. When UTAGE started in the middle of 2014, AKB had four regular members Mayuyu, Sasshi, Miichan, and Maachun. Later in the year, Maachun had infrequent appearances and by 2015, she rarely ever appeared. I've watched UTAGE regularly and I can honestly say she had zero presence on that show. Even though she was brought in as a variety personality, she couldn't stand out at all. There would be entire shows where she's holding a mic close to her and not a single word was given. It was sad to watch.

I know it's popular to blame AKS whenever there is a failed push, but in this case I think Maachun was given a very good opportunity at the start of her transfer, but she just wasn't able to make most out of it. At the same time, I also feel that it was very difficult for her to leave the comforts of Osaka to be thrown to the wolves of the Japanese entertainment industry in Tokyo.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I'm just so sad that she was thrown from a good spot in NMB to pretty much nothing in AKB... still, I'm happy for her deciding to take the plunge. I wish for the very best uvu

7. Ichirou Takashima

Ichirou Takashima Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    The management literally killed those two members, Chori and Maachun I mean come on. On the past episodes of AKBINGO, the members even joked about their characters dying, Chori ending up as a "Shimada Infestation" things like that and Maachun losing her character on Burger Shop, though as a matter of fact it did. Their characters died in AKB. Kut... End.

8. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

I don't get all this blame on her transfer to AKB. Did any of you fans stop following Maachun because she switch to AKB? Whether she asked for the transfer or management made her go doesn't make a difference anymore. If her fans left her because she changed teams then they weren't her real fans to start with, and if she could not gain new fans in AKB then it was her doing since next gen are continuously gaining new fans and rising in rank.

I like Maachun, but to blame the transfer for her lack of popularity since 2014 is ridiculous. She's had almost 3 years to get something going, but her main selling point is her gag style comedy which makes for laughs in shows but doesn't gain fans, if she was a good talker like Sasshi than she would have more opportunity for outside work but her comedy doesn't transfer to talking skills.

9. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    There's no use putting her back to NMB now, Keicchi (another NMB 1st gen) just announced graduation.

10. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Did Maachun still signed under Yoshimoto? Or was she transfered to AKS as well?

11. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

She should still be under Yoshimoto.

12. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    So, after graduating she still affected by the 2-years vacuum, right?

13. Rurouni

Unless she is staying at Yoshimoto. I feel that she wants to be an entertainer (geinin?) thus no reason to leave Yoshimoto.

Also I feel that her jokes in the last AKBINGO was the best. Probably not the best impersonator (for me the best one was Izuta Rina), but she was the funniest in terms of throwing jokes. I really like her MC Hammer thing. I don't think any AKB members knows MC Hammer. I don't even think that Maachun knows about MC Hammer. She probably researched the stuff that popular back then and incorporate it into her jokes. So those that didn't know MC Hammer still get a laugh because of her silly move, but those that do know will get even more laugh. Of course this is assuming that she came up with the jokes herself (which is very likely).

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  14. Rurouni

It depends on what they want to do in the future. Other agency might be better suited if you want to be an actress, other might be better if you want to be a model, other is better if you want to be a voice actress, etc. If you want to be an owarai geinin (comedy performer), Yoshimoto should be one of the best (if not the best) agency for you. So there is no reason for her to change agency if she wants to pursue this path.

15. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

16. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    it was sad to see her last performance, and can't help but feel a bit dissapointed she can't have a graduation stage with nmb, but oh well, i will for sure miss here, she was definitely a unique member and i wish her the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  18. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Ripopo was there??? Wow!

I wasn't expecting much for her, but a message from her fellow NMB girls, Sayanee there and Ripopo coming back for it... it's more than I thought haha

Good run, Maachun. You'll be missed. :cold:

20. RelaxRelapse

RelaxRelapse Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    I went to see one of the Anta Dare showing back before it got cancelled, and out of the 4 members who were there, 3 of them have graduated. It's kind of sad. I've always been a bigger fan of the "variety / comedy" members so seeing them start dropping like flies is really disheartening.