Shimazaki Haruka (Paruru) / 9th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Merlin54

Merlin54 Next Girls Stage48 Donor

I also wondered about this, so I searched on CDJapan:-

Ima kara CDJapan.jpg
    Yikes! 19000yen (that's $176.80 excluding shipping!). I don't think so.

I have pre-ordered the "Manga Mitai ni Ikanai" DVD, though. That's a more manageable 3800yen + shipping. It also includes a bonus 'making of' track but there's also Paruru dancing live on stage for first time since AKB.

• Like Like x 1
  2. KuroBara

KuroBara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    She looks like Kato Rena in the back cover of the April's calendar.
    I feel like I haven't been here for the longest time.
    I didn't know Manga mitai was releasing a DVD, and the price looks reasonable... I guess. After seeing ImaKyo's dvd box price, a lot of things are gonna seem reasonable I think. I still don't fully understand what the play is about, though?
    And no news of next activity? Her Twitter is just staff updates and all the other pics are from her friends (or rather, nailist), yeah?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. zzxeozz

zzxeozz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I wanna know too. I hope it's not about her health.
    Just tell me why. Why I have to like her when she already grad and disappear from social media? :wall:

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. bannie

bannie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    dun think she ever really liked media

also no gettin any prettier
    hope she finds he good lookin man who owns a rural parkin lot soon

5. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    is Big Apple already give up on her? because i think her career as actress like stuck..no so much progress
    i hope i'm wrong

6. zzxeozz

zzxeozz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Lol I guess that's true.
    Hmm, All her supporting roles don't do justice to her acting skills. If they give her more decent role then we'll know.:|
    Competition for acting positions is extremely high. I'm kind of worried about her acting career but what else can we do?
    We just have to support her anyway.:lol: Tbh I think she just has her private time *cough*boyfriend*cough* Lolol

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Funny that you guys are talking about this as I just ran across the following article.

The following is my summary of the Google translation.
    I don't know about her bringing ratings down. Certainly there are other reasons for the low ratings of the first 2 dramas besides Paruru. It's hard to gauge the effect of one person on ratings in an asadora as they have so many people in the show. I looked at her main appearances in Hiyokko, and she has 2 big scenes relating to her storyline: during the girls' talk and when she reconciles with her family. The girl's talk should have been week 20 on Weds, Thurs, and Fri. Friday was Yuko's problem's discussion. While it did have the lowest rating for the week, it was still above 20%. Friday got 20.2% while Weds and Thurs both got 21.4% so that's not much of a difference at all. IIRC, she reconciles with her family in Ep. 138 which got 20.0%. Highest rating that week was 23.1%. But her reconciliation was only in the second part of that episode.

I remember reading somewhere last year that there were some negative comments about her acting in Hiyokko online, but I figured that was just the usual crap, as the heroine got negative reviews too. Here even.

Makes me wonder if the TV magazine editor is just an anti. But if even some of it is true, especially that the audience disliked her acting, then it would be concerning. And it is certainly possible that NHK has more data on audience preference and interest than we are privy to.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    ^
    Sounds like a load of crap to me.
    For one she has never been the lead actress in any of those mentioned dramas.
    She played bit parts and likely played no reason for good or bad ratings. Like in Repeat drama she was in like what half the episodes? And its her fault it got a overall 3.1? Come on.
    And what about the drama with Dean and the leading actress whos name i forget. That didn't do well at all I think in the ratings. And I had thought Dean was a popular actor but that didn't help any.
    I'd be more worried if she was getting leading actress roles and the shows were bombing.

One thing that does irk me is her lack of media appearances as of grad. Like magazines and the like. I miss that. I know she became pretty picky about what she displays of herself. She is a fickle woman lol.
    I did think the Lottery gig was nice for her.

9. Merlin54

From what I've read of other articles on that site, the guy does seem a bit of an 'anti'.
    It's also true that a lot of people in the acting profession go through periods when work dries up, they just have to weather it and keep going...or marry some rich guy! [hehe]

Japanese fans are hoping there is an announcement about a new drama soon but, in the meantime, they amuse themselves by campaigning to get 'Haunted Campus' revived in the cinema e.g. https://twitter.com/mayuchan145/status/996276116389154816

Also, they can buy this for 2080yen:-

paru memorial card.jpg

The card has a code which allows the user to watch a 90 minute streaming video of Paruru's 24th Birthday Festival. But, it's only available in Japan. Though there's no technical reason, overseas fans are not allowed to stream it :asdfgh:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I mean, even if someone might think Paruru's acting is not good, but to say that she is responsible for the low ratings on the dramas that she's in? when she's second/little roles in all of them? That's nonsense. Regardless of her presence or her acting skills, her little roles wouldn't save those ratings :/ I think the main issue is that Paruru took the wrong projects/roles, and the fact that her projects have low ratings is just bad luck. but then again she is still new in the acting world and it's not like she could get bigger roles or better roles so fast. and tbh she got into projects that seem to have potential each time so maybe they look like good choices but it end up not doing well. it just seems like bad luck tbh and she isn't responsible for those dramas doing badly. maybe it does affect the amount of offers she can get though. but all she needs is one successful role to change this and bring more offers. it all depends on what she wants to do right now... because we also know that she wants to get married and retire eventually, and this could happen anytime LOL *sad*

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. zzxeozz

zzxeozz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^agreed. I think it's good that she wants to try different kinds of roles even though it ended up making me think that she shouldn't take that roles but yo maybe she doesn't have much choice. I don't care about ratings really just don't disappear.(but ratings may affect her next project so Argh)
    I'm curious about her modeling gigs. She should do some fashion magazine. It suits her.

12. Merlin54

• Like Like x 1
  13. bannie

bannie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    well shes the type of girl that girls don like so im not surprised if ratings drop because of her

14. Voightkampff

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    Today's update looks like she is at a beach.

15. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    it's stupid if antis still have a grudge because Paruru being salty when she still in AKB and decided to bring down her rating drama

16. zzxeozz

zzxeozz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Really? I'm a girl(and a lot younger) I really like her. She's one of a kind in an idol world. I'll describe her as a 'hit or miss' type.
    Oh, she has that many antis? even general public hate her or something?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Voightkampff

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    No she doesn't some of you are taking things way out of context or coming in at the back end of the conversation.

18. zzxeozz

zzxeozz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^Ignore that. I'm just playing around with that question.:p
    Another topic, what makes you stick being her fan for such a long time? I do admire this type of fans. (Paruru's my first Japanese girl crush and wishes to be my last cos I'm a loyal type ;))

• Like Like x 1
  19. Merlin54

Yes, and I wonder who's with her? Shadow boy/girl? Difficult to tell.
    Actually, there's something odd here because the I didn't get the email about Sebastian Masuda until today (16th in UK) but the post is dated the 14th. It wasn't on the fan site (for me) yesterday. Anyway, I'm glad she's back and having fun.

Paruru has a lot of female fans.

20. Voightkampff

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    You know @Merlin54 I was a little peeved by that whole Memorial Card thing. As a FC member we dont get enough videos as it is. So having to pay another 20 bucks and then international members excluded. It really twisted my licorice.