Iwasa Misaki (Wasamin) / 7th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Just got my 2nd issue of "Misaki Magazine." Perhaps I will post a few screenshots of it when I have more time. However, it was also announced that Wasamin will be performing in Korea at the end of July!

So let's see, her schedule currently looks like this...

Osaka - through June 19th Acting performance at Shin Kabukiza
    Chiba - June 23rd. Challenge Campaign Mini-Live
    Tokyo - July 19th. Summer Song Festival
    Tokyo - July 22nd-23rd. Third Solo Concert
    Chiba - July 27th. Challenge Campaign Mini-Live
    KOREA - July 29th. Japan song conference
    BRAZIL - August 12th. Brazil Enka Festival
    Chiba - August 24th. Challenge Campaign Mini-Live
    USA - September 9th-10th. J-Pop Summit San Francisco
    Nagoya - September 17th. Spa Resort Song Concert
    Chiba - September 23rd. Solo Concert
    Chiba - September 28th. Challenge Campaign Mini-Live
    Tokyo - October 19th. Rainbow Bridge Battle Memorial Concert
    Tokyo - October 27th. 2nd Solo Dinner Show

and I am sure the occasional Saba Kaido mini-live will find their way into the schedule too. See....

Busiest girl in show business!

2. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Release announcement from Wasamin staff blog and Tokuma official twitter....

Iwasa Misaki: Saba Kaido 'Memorial Edition' to be released August 23rd.

New release will have new c/w tracks and new DVD content.

Limited Edition tracklist
    1. Saba Kaido
    2. TBA
    3. Momen no Handkerchief (live version)
    4. Saba Kaido (karaoke version)
    DVD: Saba Kaido PV (Memorial edition version)

Regular edition tracklist
    1. Saba Kaido
    2. TBA
    3. Ito (live version)

This actually isn't a bad idea when you consider Wasamin's release pattern. Wasamin has traditionally released one single per year, and promotes that single ALL YEAR until the next release comes out, unless there is an album release which has happened once every three years. So for her fans who regularly attend her events, this means that they are continually buying the same single all year. However, this changes it up a bit and at least gives the fans something new to purchase, not to mention it will probably come with new photos, new covers, new prizes to send away for, and of course the FOUR new cover tracks. So it is a total win. And I would guess that it will not affect her release pattern and we will still get a 7th single early next year.

Not to mention, I love hearing Wasamin perform Momen no Handkerchief!

3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Something to sell in San Francisco!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    The Umezawa Tomio Special Theater Troupe Special Performance, featuring Tegawa Toshimi and Iwasa Misaki...Live at Shin-Kabukiza, Osaka (2017/06/18)

wasaplay.jpg

There was no way I was going to miss Wasamin performing in a play....

This was the first time since I believe 2012 since Wasamin has performed in a play like this. And in that performance she mainly sang. You have to go all the way back to 2009, when Wasamin was cast as one of the main supporting characters in AKB Kagekidan: Infinity for her last significant stage acting role. I actually saw Infinity twice. Once with Sae and Yukirin as the main characters, and then the other version with Akimoto Sayaka and Takamina. In fact, for anyone who has the DVD, I am in the audience (8th row center) for the DVD performance of the Sae/Yukirin version. Moreover, it was at that play that I got to have my first ever significant conversation with Wasamin. Wow, so many years ago!

IMG_6019.jpg

As I wasn't sure when I would be able to get out to Osaka and see the show, I did not preorder theater tickets. In fact, when the general sale went online, I continued to procrastinate. This was a major error since at some point they stopped offering the tickets online, and you could only reserve by phone. This is when things got weird. I called the theater a few days before opening night to reserve a ticket for the final weekend. However, they told me that all seats for all shows were sold out. This was odd for a couple of reasons. First off, none of the nights were sold out when I checked online a week earlier. In fact, there were very few sections even sold out. Second, the website said that tickets were available. I immediately thought that they were trying to screw me for some reason. But what could I do. The next day I received three things, a mail magazine from Nagara Pro that specifically said that tickets were available. Then, Wasamin's manager blogged that tickets were available. And then NagaraPro teeted that tickets were available. WTF??? So this time I had my Japanese friend call for me. They tried to tell him it was completely sold out,but when we pressed them by mentioning the social media posts, they immediately changed their tune, and voila! I had my ticket!

IMG_6026.jpg

The show ran from June 10th through June 19th, with two performances on most days. I got a ticket for the penultimate performance on June 18th. My seat was in the upper balcony, but it was first row dead center, so it would not be a bad seat at all. I was a little late getting out of the house on Sunday morning. I had planned to possibly go to Namba in the afternoon before the show, but my tardiness sorta ruined those plans. Instead I went straight to the theater. In case there were any issues with my ticket, I wanted to get them ironed out. The theater was easy to find, as it is right next to the train station. I went upstairs, immediately found the box office, and got my ticket. In fact they were already pulling it when I walked up. I guess I was the only foreigner with a ticket at Will Call. In the meantime, the matinee performance was just getting out. It was then I realized something i didn't previously know...

This play is 3 1/2 hours!

IMG_6023.jpg wasaplay4.jpg

So my backup plan was to head to Namba after the show, but the long duration of the play put the Kibosh on that, I would barely have time to get back to Shin-Osaka for a Shinkansen back to Tokyo. Bummer, but it couldn't be helped. I instead hung around the theater, and snapped a few photos. It is a really nice place. Actually, the original Kabukiza theater is in Tokyo, and this is their satellite location in Kansai. They mainly do traditional Japanese Kabuki-style performances. There were other music artists in the cast, like Wasamin's NagaraPro senpai Tegawa Toshimi, who played one of the main characters, as well as another male enka artist who I wasn't familiar with. And of course you had Umezawa Tomio, who is a famous actor in Japan. Anyway, I went upstairs and found my seat. I noticed most of the Wasafans had seats on the third floor too, although a few were on floor level. Also, there were tons of empty seats. TONS!!! In fact both balconies were at less than half-capacity. So why the hell were they trying to tell me it was sold out!

IMG_6024.jpg IMG_6022.jpg

wasaplay3.jpg

It wasn't actually a 3 1/2 hour play, it was really three different performances. The play itself ran for about 70 minutes, after which was a 30 minute intermission. They second part was a musical performance, starring Shimi-san. Wasamin was introduced by Umezawa-san, and performed Saba Kaido. After another intermission, the third part was a traditional dance performance, and the songs were also performed by the cast. Wasamin performed Gomen ne Tokyo, with backup dancers in this part. As for the play, essentially the story was about a girl who runs away from her family and elopes, only to come back years later in shame with a baby in tow, and her family's struggle on whether or not to accept her. Wasamin played the main character's younger sister, who loves her sister and is upset with her father's stubborness, ultimately resulting in my favorite Wasa-line of the show. "Otousan Hidoi!!!" as she spent the next few minutes blubbering in the background. Her exclamation of that line was so cute! I didn't understand much of the story-line, especially toward the end, but it was a mix of comedy and drama.

wasaplay5.jpg

As for Wasamin's singing, it was fun to see her perform in this atmosphere. The other funny thing was that I was probably the only foreigner there, and was getting more than a couple of curious glances from the obasans sitting around me. However, once they realized I was there for Wasamin, I was bombarded with a hundred questions. They were all so surprised. By the end, I was friends with everybody! After the show I hustled out of the theater, and headed back home. It had been a long day, and I had a long ride ahead of me...

wasaplay2.jpg

Like I said before, this was the first time I had seen Wasamin perform in a play since Infinity, almost 8 years ago. So this was a very nostalgic experience for me. That was one of my big motivations for going, not to mention the fact that I didn't want to disappoint Wasamin. Plus, it was also a really neat cultural experience. That was my first time seeing a Kabuki-like performance live. I have also been saying that I would like to attend a Takarazuka performance too. I need to check into that again!

A SIDE NOTE: I published Wasamin's schedule a couple of posts above. It should be noted that the event Wasamin was supposed to attend in Nagoya on September 17 has been cancelled. However, it was just announced that she, along with Hayabusa will be the opening acts for Yamakawa Yutaka for three nights in Kumamoto and Fukuoka in September. So lots going on! Right now I have no Wasamin events coming up until her third concert one month from now. Hopefully a couple of in-store events will pop up in the next week or two.

5. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    That was a weird situation with the tickets :s maybe they just incompetent??
    Great review as always, she looks gorgeous in that last pic
    And terrible news about the nagoya gig, it is my birthday and i will happen to be in nagoya :/

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  6. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Wasamin previewed one of the goods available at her next concert...

case.jpg

It's a good thing. I actually "retired" my previous Wasamin iphone case. It had gotten completely worn out (and the pockets were too loose, I actually had cards fall out of it on multiple occasions.) Although this one looks quite feminine. Then again, the last one kinda did too, but I had no problem carrying it around, and got TONS of comments from people about it.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  7. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Last night's SHOWROOM (2017/07/07)

if the video does not show watch the video here

BTW, Wasamin makes the cutest noises while she eats. LOL

Also, a preview of all the goods being sold at Wasamin's concert later this month. BTW, tickets still available, including ICHIGO SEATS!!!
    http://ticket.pia.jp/pia/ticketInformation.do?eventCd=1713150&rlsCd=001&lotRlsCd=

goods1.jpg
    Penlight - 3000 yen

goods2.jpg
    Uchiwa - 1000 yen

goods3.jpg
    Concert T-shirt 3000 yen

goods4.jpg
    Oshi Towel - 2000 yen

goods5.jpg
    Acrylic Stand - 1500 yen (two types, one type available each day)

goods6.jpg
    Smartphone Cover - 3000 yen

wasawater.jpg
    Wasawater! New Bottle Style! 350 yen

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  9. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Wasamin recently did a LINE Live appearance. Here is the archived recording...

https://live.line.me/channels/21/broadcast/3726623

It's a talk AND performance. Wasamin sings and plays guitar.

Animated video from the collaboration...

10. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    Kojina Yui did Saba kaido on todays akb stage!
    she was really nervous and unfortunately cause some mishaps on her singing but it was still awesome!!
    [​IMG]
    wonder who will get to sing it when she's not there.

11. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Wasamin "modeling" her goods for this weekend's big concert!

12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Wasamin 3rd Concert at Yomiuri Otemachi Hall

Saturday Night Setlist (7/22)

01. Mujineki
    02. Kanashimi Honsen Nihon Kai
    MC (Wasamin winging it)
    03. Ginza Kan Kan Musume
    04. Shitamachi no Taiyou
    05. Nangoku Tosa wo Ato ni Shite
    MC (Monthly challenge campaign)
    06. Yume Shibai
    MC (More on the challenge campaign)
    07. Omoidezake
    08. Futarizake
    09. Hatsuzake
    MC (VTR Highlights of Wasamin 'Love Live' show in May)
    [Next segment on guitar]
    10. Misaki Meguri
    11. Kandagawa
    12. Ito
    MC (Introduction of photo shooting session)
    13. Momen no Handkerchief
    14. Watashi no Aoi Tori
    15. Heart no Ace ga Detekonai
    16. Sailor Fuku wo Nugasanaide
    17. Koi no Dial 6700
    MC (End of photo shooting)
    18. Nora
    19. Ihoujin
    20. Ajisai-bashi
    21. Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara
    End of Main Show
    (VTR- Deleted scenes, making of Saba Kaido PV)
    EN1. Tomonoura Bojou
    EN2. Gomen ne Tokyo
    MC (Wasamin 4th concert will be held February 4th at Ebisu Garden Hall!!!)
    EN3. Saba Kaido

Show End

A couple of quick show notes...
    1. The show got off late because the camera crew blocked off a bunch of people's seats. And these were good seats. Needless to say, the people complained, and they had to move the cameras around. Probably delayed the show for 15 minutes.

2. Wasamin's voice was absolutely ON POINT tonight. I mean next level stuff. Her confidence, the way she moved her whole body while she sang, just everything about her was incredible. She has been working with someone, because her performance level was a noticeable upgrade, and I am not the only one saying this.

3. Tonight's Ichigo seat bonus was much better than her second concert. We were brought into a medium sized conference room, and given snacks and water. Eventually Wasamin came in, and we all got in a circle around her while, did a "water-toast" and then chit-chatted for a while. She was asking how we liked the show and whatnot. Then came the 30-second video, which we did in groups of 12. She gave us a little message, and then came up to all of us individually and thanked us. She threw in a little "hello" for me. Afterwards she was asking how many of us got Ichigo Seats for all the shows, which got interesting...

Wasamin admitted she had read some of the flack on the internet after the last concert of people saying Ichigo seats weren't really worth the price, and that the bonus was kinda weak. So she was thinking really hard how to make these Ichigo seats more "worth it" She said she would think about how to make tomorrow's Ichigo bonuses a lot of fun, so we felt they were worth it too...

I would say tonight she made it very well worth it. I will post my video from the event when I get some time.

And to repeat....

Wasamin 4th Concert Sunday February 4th at Ebisu Garden Hall!!!

BTW, the other day her manager also announced a Winter 'Love Live' Acoustic Concert in November, so Wasamin getting busy again.

13. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Just going home from Yomiuri Otemachi Hall and hot damn it was a good show!

14. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Wasamin 3rd Concert at Yomiuri Otemachi Hall

Sunday Matinee Setlist

(Setlist changes from Saturday: green=new song (replacing another), red=re-positioned song, blue=additional song added to setlist

Ichigo Seat Holder Special Rehearsal Setlist
    (All Ichigo Seat holders got to take a group shot with Wasamin before the performance)
    R1. Saba Kaido
    MC: (Congratulations to Ichigo Seat holders. Wasamin didn't realize the ichigo rehearsal bonus was two hours before the show, LOL. I guess that's why there was a 20 minute delay)
    R2. Mujineki

01. Gomen ne Tokyo
    MC
    03. Ginza Kan Kan Musume
    04. Shitamachi no Taiyou
    06. Yume Shibai
    07. Seto no Hanayome
    MC (Looking for audience members who came from far away)
    08. Omoidezake
    09. Futarizake
    10. Hatsuzake
    [Next segment on guitar]
    11. Thank You
    12. Kaze ni Naru

13. Ito
    14. Shochuu Omimai Moushiagemasu
    15. Natsu no Ojousan
    16. Natsu no Tobira
    17. Toshishita no Otokonoko
    18. Aoi Sangoshou

MC (End of photo shooting, goods presentation w/ discussion of which colors represent which singles)
    19. Nora
    20. Ihoujin
    21. Ajisai-bashi
    22. Mujineki
    End of Main Show
    EN1. Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara
    EN2. Tomonoura Bojou
    MC (Wasamin 4th concert will be held February 4th at Ebisu Garden Hall!!! Also, it is decided. Official song penlight colors are: Mujineki=white, Moshisora=skyblue, Tomobojo-red, Hatsuzake=green, Gomen ne Tokyo=yellow, Saba Kaido=dark blue)
    EN3. Saba Kaido

Show End

Sunday Night Finale Setlist
    01. Tomonoura Bojou
    MC (Wasamin winging it)
    03. Ginza Kan Kan Musume
    04. Shitamachi no Taiyou
    06. Yume Shibai
    07. Seto no Hanayome
    MC
    08. Omoidezake
    09. Futarizake
    10. Hatsuzake
    [Next segment on guitar]
    11. Marunouchi Sadistic
    12. Silly

13. Ito
    14. Dancing Hero (Eat You Up)
    15. Watashi no Aoi Tori
    16. Shoujo A
    17. Playback Part Two
    18. Kazari Janai no yo Namida wa

19. Nora
    20. Ihoujin
    21. Ajisai-bashi
    22. Gomen ne Tokyo
    End of Main Show
    EN1. Mujineki
    EN2. Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara

EN3. Saba Kaido

Ichigo Seat Members Exclusive Bonus Encore Performance
    EN-2A. Nada Sousou (on guitar)
    EN-2B. Kikyou

Show End

So essentially for each show they changed the guitar songs (with the exception of Ito) and the pop songs during the photo-op session. Plus they changed the placement of her first fie singles. Oh, and they added Seto no Hanayome to the setlist on Sunday because one of the songwriters, Hirao Masaaki, passed away this weekend.

By the way, I may be a little late with my show report because I have a lot of work to do. In the meantime, perhaps @Tuhis can give us some impressions of the show. There were also a couple of kaigai fans at the matinee, including Derek from the 48Talk Podcast.

15. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "they added Seto no Hanayome to the setlist on Sunday because one of the songwriters, Hirao Masaaki, passed away this weekend."

That made Sanspo.com.

"Misaki Iwasa (22), an enka singer of former AKB 48, memorized composer Masaaki Hirao (79 years of age) in response to the interview before the solo performance in Tokyo on 23rd."

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20170724-00000043-sanspo-ent

P.S. Miorin also tweeted about a singing competition Hirao Masaaki judged on AKBingo! It may well be the same one that Wasamin mentions in the interview.

https://twitter.com/miorin_lemon212/status/888762510186209280

• Like Like x 1
  16. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
  17. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    More info on the Saba Kaido memorial re-release...

9113_ext_01_0.jpg
    Limited Edition tracklist
    1. Saba Kaido
    2. Wakasa no Yado
    3. Momen no Handkerchief (live version)
    DVD: Saba Kaido PV (Memorial edition version)

9114_ext_01_0.jpg
    Regular edition tracklist
    1. Saba Kaido
    2. Wakasa no Yado
    3. Ito (live version)

In addition to her normal promotional appearances, Wasamin will once again be doing chara-ani exclusive pre-order cheki-events at the offices of Tokuma/Nippon Crown in mid-September. Details here...
    http://www.tkma.co.jp/enka_news_detail/iwasa.html?nid=9111

EDIT: Larger size versions of the covers...

DFkid87UIAAFbvk.jpg DFkid83UIAE_to3.jpg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  18. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I finally have a few minutes to myself, and am going to do a concert writeup. But in the meantime here is a picspam. 10 of the best photos I took from each of the three shows...

iwa301.jpg iwa302.jpg iwa303.jpg iwa304.jpg iwa305.jpg iwa306.jpg iwa307.jpg iwa308.jpg iwa309.jpg iwa310.jpg iwa311.jpg iwa312.jpg iwa313.jpg iwa314.jpg iwa315.jpg iwa316.jpg iwa317.jpg iwa318.jpg iwa319.jpg iwa320.jpg iwa321.jpg iwa322.jpg iwa323.jpg iwa324.jpg iwa325.jpg iwa326.jpg iwa327.jpg iwa328.jpg iwa329.jpg iwa330.jpg

19. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Let me cross-post this since some of you may not have seen it in the 'Experiences' thread...

Iwasa Misaki 3rd Solo Concert at Yomiuri Otemachi Hall, Tokyo (2017/07/22-23)

[​IMG]

It's about time that they decided to let Wasamin have more than one solo concert per year. Actually, if you count her 'Acoustic Love Live' shows, as well as her solo concert coming up this September, that makes six solo concerts in 2017 (Well, eight. Since this was three shows) This show was announced at the end of Wasamin's January concert, and we knew that this venue was about half the size of Asakusa Kokaido. But what we didn't know until we received our fan club mailers was that it would be three separate shows. One on Saturday, and two on Sunday. We also found out that they would once again be offering "Ichigo Seating," which are not only the best seats in the house, but also offer some kind of special bonus. Ichigo Seats are 3x the price of the regular seats, so would it be worth it to spend so much on tickets to three shows???

[​IMG]

Since I am a Wasamin fan, one would think that answer would be simple. But many people, (including me) questioned whether or not the Ichigo Seats were worth it at the last show. The bonus "rehearsal and high touch was kinda short, and rushed. Not to mention we get to shake hands with Wasamin all the time for the price of a CD. So at the end of the day we paid a big premium to be guaranteed the best seats. Also, they were offering a discount if you bought 'regular' seats to all three shows. Ultimately, I bit the bullet, and my devotion won out. I headed to the post office and paid to apply for Ichigo Seats for each show. It would take almost four months to find out if I won, and where my seats were. Which brings up another little 'issue.'

Random Lottery?

[​IMG]

One would think, since it was 'supposed' to be a lottery, that our Ichigo seats would have been scattered around the front section. But they really weren't. People who won front row seemed to get it for all three shows. People with sixth row got it for all three shows. I was third row center, for all three shows. I think they need to do something about that. Not that it's a big deal, since it is a small venue, and third row is still VERY close to the stage, but it doesn't seem completely fair. Oh, and I don't think it was favoritism either, since some of the biggest spenders at her CD events did not have front row. But let's talk about the Ichigo Bonuses.

Ichigo Bonuses

[​IMG]

Ichigo Seat Badges, hand-signed!

Each show had a different Ichigo Bonus to go with the premium seating. Obviously they wanted to make sure fans wanted to enjoy all of the bonuses, since if they made them all the same it might cause people to just buy one. The Saturday night bonus was a "Post-Show After-Party" where we would also be getting to take some kind of personal video with Wasamin. After the show they led us into a medium sized conference room, where they had snacks and water for us to enjoy while we waited. They asked us to get into a loose circle (there were around 50 of us) where they explained what would be happening. Eventually Wasamin came in, followed by her manager, Ichikawa-san, and a cameraman. (By the way, they were filming everything around this concert, including the fans outside the venue) Wasamin went into the center of the circle, and started asking us how we liked the show. We basically chit-chatted about the songs she hose, the costumes she wore, and whatnot. After a few minutes it was time for the 'video shooting' The way it worked was that in groups, we formed semi-circles of 15 people, and then Wasamin made a short speech, and then came around and gave each of us a quick 'Thank You' message. Here, check it out...

"Uhh, Hello Wasamin!" After this we got back into a circle, and Wasamin started asking us about the Ichigo Bonus. She said that she had read some of the comments online last January where people questioned if it was worth it. So this time she said she really wanted to do something worthwhile for the fans. Furthermore, she said she would do her best to think of something really fun to do the next day so we all felt good about spending so much money on Ichigo Seats. After that, we said our goodbyes, and she left the room, with us being allowed to leave a short time later...

The Sunday morning bonus was similar to the Ichigo Bonus we got in January, an opportunity to watch some of the rehearsal and soundcheck. Only this time, instead of being delayed at the end of the event by the press, she did her press interviews before the rehearsal, which ultimately caused us to be a half hour late getting in, so it was a good thing this was being done two hours before the show. The other bonus was that we would be getting to take a group photo with Wasamin on the stage, which we did in three groups.

[​IMG]

The other nice thing was that we got to see MORE of the rehearsal. In January it was a quick MC, one song, and done. This time it was two longer MCs, and two songs. So a bit more...

For the final bonus on Sunday night, we got to enjoy a second encore. This was really nice too. Wasamin's family was in the audience for this show, and also stuck around for this. When the show ended, they told us to stay in our seats while the rest of the fans filed out. Then after a 5-10 minute break the lights dimmed and the curtain opened again. It was extremely intimate, quite like one of her mini in-store lives. After a quick talk, the first song she sang AND performed on guitar was Nada Sousou. After this she once again brought up the Ichigo Bonuses, and asked us if we thought they better than last time. She also asked us which one's were our favorites. (I chose Saturday night) After that she asked us if we were going to her September concert, or her October dinner show, and then she finished by performing Kikyou. So at the end of the day I think they did a great job making sure the Ichigo Seat bonuses were worth our while...

Outside The Venue

[​IMG]

Yomiuri Otemachi Hall is actually upstairs in the main offices of the Yomiuri Shinbun in the business district near Tokyo Station. It was the weekend, so the neighborhood was pretty much deserted, and most of the restaurants were closed. The nice thing was that the building is directly over Otemachi Station, which also happens to be on the train line by my apartment, so very easy to get to and from. On the third floor waiting area, they had placed all of the flowers, as well as one table where you could pre-order Wasamin's upcoming CD. Then on the fifth floor they had the goods tables, a small bar, and a booth to buy 'day of' tickets since none of the shows actually sold out. I actually bought one of every souvenir they had on the first day. However, they had a different acrylic stand for each day, so most fans lined up the second day just to get the second stand. Also, they ran out of L-size T-shirts the first day, so some people had to wait until the second day for that too. In addition, they were offering an autographed Saba Kaido clear file if you pre-ordered the CD. At first I bailed on this, since I already have multiple autographed Saba Kaido clear files. But when I saw that it was a new version of the clear file, I broke down on got one on the second day.

You can see the goods on the post higher up on this page in the thread...
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...asa-misaki-wasamin.1886/page-145#post-1344620

[​IMG]
    Fan Club Flowers

Also, they had a huge film crew for this show. It was almost as if they were filming a documentary, as they seemed to be filming everything going on the entire weekend, both inside and outside the venue. Even when the fan club members decided to take a group pic after the show, the camera crew ran out and recorded us doing it. However, they did cause one big issue the first evening. When we got into the venue, they had cameras and crew set up in a lot of seats. Unfortunately, people bought tickets for these seats, and they were GREAT seats. At first they were telling people where they could sit further back. But the fans were not going to accept this, and eventually the camera crews were all moved somewhere else. Ultimately it caused a fifteen minute delay to the start of the show. This didn't seem to be an issue on Sunday though, as the cameras were back to their original positions. In fact, for the last show I was right behind the cameraman, and could watch his monitors with all of the camera angles.

The Setlists

[​IMG]

They promised that all of the setlists would be different, and they were, although not completely. Some of her singles moved around the setlist, and they changed the songs during the guitar segment, and the 'roaming around the audience' segment. Oh, and they also added Seto no Hanayome to Sunday's performances due to the death of singer/songwriter Hirao Masaaki, who many of you may know as one of the judges on the AKBingo! DIVA Championships.

I know the setlists are further up on this thread page, so I will spoiler them here...

Saturday Night Setlist (7/22)
    01. Mujineki
    MC (Wasamin winging it)
    03. Ginza Kan Kan Musume
    04. Shitamachi no Taiyou
    06. Yume Shibai
    07. Omoidezake
    08. Futarizake
    09. Hatsuzake
    [Next segment on guitar]
    10. Misaki Meguri
    11. Kandagawa
    12. Ito
    13. Momen no Handkerchief
    14. Watashi no Aoi Tori
    15. Heart no Ace ga Detekonai
    16. Sailor Fuku wo Nugasanaide
    17. Koi no Dial 6700
    18. Nora
    19. Ihoujin
    20. Ajisai-bashi
    21. Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara
    End of Main Show
    EN1. Tomonoura Bojou
    EN2. Gomen ne Tokyo
    EN3. Saba Kaido

Show End

Sunday Matinee Setlist
    Ichigo Seat Holder Special Rehearsal Setlist
    (All Ichigo Seat holders got to take a group shot with Wasamin before the performance)
    R1. Saba Kaido
    MC: (Congratulations to Ichigo Seat holders. Wasamin didn't realize the ichigo rehearsal bonus was two hours before the show, LOL. I guess that's why there was a 20 minute delay)
    R2. Mujineki

01. Gomen ne Tokyo
    MC
    03. Ginza Kan Kan Musume
    04. Shitamachi no Taiyou
    06. Yume Shibai
    07. Seto no Hanayome
    MC (Looking for audience members who came from far away)
    08. Omoidezake
    09. Futarizake
    10. Hatsuzake
    [Next segment on guitar]
    11. Thank You
    12. Kaze ni Naru
    13. Ito
    14. Shochuu Omimai Moushiagemasu
    15. Natsu no Ojousan
    16. Natsu no Tobira
    17. Toshishita no Otokonoko
    18. Aoi Sangoshou
    MC (End of photo shooting, goods presentation w/ discussion of which colors represent which singles)
    19. Nora
    20. Ihoujin
    21. Ajisai-bashi
    22. Mujineki
    End of Main Show
    EN1. Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara
    EN2. Tomonoura Bojou
    MC (Wasamin 4th concert will be held February 4th at Ebisu Garden Hall!!! Also, it is decided. Official song penlight colors are: Mujineki=white, Moshisora=skyblue, Tomobojo-red, Hatsuzake=green, Gomen ne Tokyo=yellow, Saba Kaido=dark blue)
    EN3. Saba Kaido

Show End

Sunday Night Finale Setlist
    01. Tomonoura Bojou
    MC (Wasamin winging it)
    03. Ginza Kan Kan Musume
    04. Shitamachi no Taiyou
    06. Yume Shibai
    07. Seto no Hanayome
    MC
    08. Omoidezake
    09. Futarizake
    10. Hatsuzake
    [Next segment on guitar]
    11. Marunouchi Sadistic
    12. Silly
    13. Ito
    14. Dancing Hero (Eat You Up)
    15. Watashi no Aoi Tori
    16. Shoujo A
    17. Playback Part Two
    18. Kazari Janai no yo Namida wa
    19. Nora
    20. Ihoujin
    21. Ajisai-bashi
    22. Gomen ne Tokyo
    End of Main Show
    EN1. Mujineki
    EN2. Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara
    EN3. Saba Kaido

Ichigo Seat Members Exclusive Bonus Encore Performance
    EN-2A. Nada Sousou (on guitar)
    EN-2B. Kikyou

Show End

It had been a while since many of her fans had seen her perform live, aside from her performance in the play she did in Osaka, since she hasn't really had any CDs to promote. But many of the fans remarked after the first show that there was something slightly different and more professional about Wasamin's performance. Her singing was top notch, and she was also using her body in a much different way. You could tell it was having a positive effect on her singing.

[​IMG]

One of the other features of the three shows was that she wore different costumes for the guitar and audience photography portions of each show, which was also a nice touch. Speaking of that, like I mentioned before she switched up the songs she performed on guitar, and the songs she sang when she roamed the audience. These are the highlights of the shows because they are in many ways the biggest surprises of each show, seeing what songs she will perform. I must admit I was shocked when she performed Sailor Fuku wo Nugasanaide and Koi no Dial 6700, not to mention Shochuu Omimai Moushiagemasu. She also had a few nice choices for her guitar songs, including the Leo and Sheena Ringo songs. Wasamin still has some work to do on improving her guitar work, but it is neat to see her on stage doing her best every time.

Of course they also had a photo-op portion of the show, where fans were free to take photos. I put a couple of examples on this post, but you can see more of the pics I took in the concert thread or Wasamin's individual thread. They also announced Wasamin's 4th concert will be taking place on February 4th in Ebisu, not to mention she will be doing a Winter 'Love Live' show in November. So lots of concerts to keep the fans happy.

[​IMG]

Oh, and a couple other cute stories.
    1) Wasamin's family are usually in the audience for her big concerts. For this show they came for the last performance. However, it was the first time I have ever seen Wasamin address them in the middle of the show. While she was performing in the audience, as she passed them she stopped, pointed and said. "It's my Mom and Dad!" Cute!
    2) this will be good for those of you going to see her in San Francisco, but part of one of the MCs was to talk about the goods. All of us really like the penlight which has a preview function where you can scroll through the colors without changing the color of your glowstick. During the third show we were having races to see who could change their glowstick to a specific color the most quickly. But in the second show Wasamin decided each of her singles has a distinct "Official Color" So here they are...
    Mujineki=white
    Moshisora=Light Blue
    TomoBojo=Red
    Hatsuzake=Green
    Gomen ne Tokyo=Yellow
    Saba Kaido=Blue

Anyway, you guys going to her San Francisco show can have fun with that. But be sure and tell them how you found out.

[​IMG]
    (This was the first photo we took, the one with her manager we took later)

After the shows the fans took one last group pic, which Wasamin's manager joined in on, and then we went on our merry ways. Overall the shows were a lot of fun, and to me they never got boring, especially since she switched up so many of the songs. Next up for us is her September concert in Chiba. But in the meantime she will be doing a bunch of promotional appearances in late August to promote the 'memorial' release of her 6th single. So plenty of Wasafun in the wings.

20. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    A brief update of Wasamin's upcoming live performance schedule after she just returned from her live appearance in Korea...

August 12th - Sao Paulo, Brazil, (w/ Mizumori Kaori & Hayabusa)
    August 20th - Tokyo, Jingu Gaien Fireworks Festival (Lots of artists will be appearing)
    August 22nd - Tokyo, Tower Records Ikebukuro (New Single Mini-Live & Handshake Event)
    August 23rd - Tokyo, Tower Records Shibuya (New Single Mini-Live & Handshake Event)
    August 24th - Chiba, Shinseido Karuchi 5 (Monthly Challenge Campaign - Mini-Live plus hs event)
    August 25th - Tokyo, Hamamatsucho (Hamasite Gurume Summer Festival)
    August 26th - Fukui, Bell Shopping City (New Single Mini-Live & Handshake Event)
    August 27th - Ishikawa, Al Plaza Komatsu (New Single Mini-Live & Handshake Event)
    August 31st - Ibaraki, NHK "Nihon no Uta" Live Recording (Various Artists, Will Be Broadcast Later on NHK)

September 2nd~3rd - Hokkaido, Horokanaicho Soba Matsuri (Live Performance & hs event)
    September 9th~10th - San Francisco, USA, J-Pop Summit (Live Performances and more)
    September 16th - Tokyo, 6th Single 2-shot Cheki Event (See post a few above this one for application details)
    September 19th - Fukuoka, Yamakawa Yutaka Charity Concert (Wasamin is opening act)
    September 20th~21st - Kumamoto, Yamakawa Yutaka Charity Concert (Wasamin is opening act)
    September 23rd - Chiba, Wasamin solo concert "New Era in Enka" (Tickets currently on sale)
    September 28th - Chiba, Shinseido Karuchi 5 (Monthly Challenge Campaign, Mini-Live & hs event)

October 19th - Tokyo, NHK Hall (Rainbow Bridge Fundraiser)
    October 27th - Tokyo, Wasamin Solo Dinner Show (Tickets on Sale Now)

November 27th - Tokyo, Solo Acoustic Concert (Wasamin Winter 'Love Live')

Surely there will be more added to the schedule, but this is what's confirmed for now in 2017)