1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Iwasa Misaki (Wasamin) / 7th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I'm sorry for being quiet on this thread lately. Wasamin is busy with her play, and while I did go to see it last week I haven't had time to write a report. Hopefully soon.

In the meantime, two interesting bits of news...

Wasamin's manager announced that the fan club pre-order for the November 'Love Live' acoustic concert exceeded the capacity of the venue. So not only will there not be a general sale, some of the fan club members won't be getting a ticket. I hope I win!

Ichikawa-san also announced the details of the Sado Island event coming up at the end of the month. Interestingly, there are no details aside from when and where she is performing. There is no package deal for the boat trip, or accommodations. Basically it is up to the fans to arrange their own transportation and hotel if they want to go. On one hand, it is good that they aren't profiting on a package for the fans, but it is a bit more work if we want to go.

I haven't booked anything yet, I should probably get on that soon.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Umezawa Tomio Special Performance at Meiji-za, Tokyo. Featuring Iwasa Misaki (2018/09/03)

meiji1.jpg

Ah, finally getting a chance to write this report. I have been extremely busy with my Japanese study over the last two weeks, but I have a three-day weekend to enjoy, which will give me time to unwind just a little bit. Also, Wasamin's manager has been posting the occasional off-shot from the show, so you can see a little bit of what the play looked like.

This is the same company Wasamin performed with last year at Shin-Kabukiza in Osaka. I wrote a report on that show quite a few pages back. Umezawa Tomio is a well known kabuki actor and singer. He is the original performer of Yume Shibai, which Wasamin recorded for the original release of Sado no Ondeko. This performance also featured Ken Naoko, another well known singer.

meiji6.jpg

The show debuted on August 31st, and runs through the 25th of this month. Fan Club members were sent a pre-order form quite a few months ago. In fact it was so long ago that when Wasamin asked me which shows I would be attended I told her I couldn't remember, and would have to wait for my ticket to show up in order to find out. It turned out that I had reserved the first Monday afternoon show, which caused a bit of a dilemma. When I originally applied for the ticket I was free that afternoon, but I had changed my Japanese class schedule to be later in the day. Theoretically I could still make it to the show on time, but I would have to dash off from class, and if all went well I would make it just before curtain. Luckily our professor let us out a little bit early, which gave me a little more breathing room. I got there 10 minutes before the show, which gave me time to get a drink and go to the restroom before finding my seat. My seat was in the first row of the top balcony, dead center. I could have gotten a much lower seat, but they were considerably more expensive.

meiji0.jpg

The format of this show was pretty much the same as the one I saw last year. It began with a 90 minute play, followed by a one hour concert, and finally a 45 minute dance performance. Between each part was a 30 minute intermission, which made the entire event four hours long. Quite the marathon, and part of the reason I chose to only see the show once.

meiji7.jpg meiji8.jpg

Unlike last year, I found the plot of this show quite difficult to follow. It takes place during the Edo period, and had something to do with a doctor (Ken Naoko) curing people of diseases, specifically hemorrhoids. Wasamin portrayed the daughter of one of the main characters, which is the same part she played last year. She was a major character in the first 20-30 minutes of the play, but pretty much disappeared after that.

meiji4.jpg
    Wasamin and Umezawa Tomio

As for the concert performance, Ken Naoko was the focal point of the show, and did most of the performing, including Abayo, which is another song Wasamin has performed in the past. Misaki performed both Mujineki and Sado no Ondeko, while Umezawa sang Yume Shibai, and did the same bit as last year where he keeps starting and stopping the song because of some 'issue'.

The dancing performance was somewhat different in that last year the singers in the cast performed live for the dances. In this show they only used recorded tracks. Interestingly, one of the dances was done to a heavy metal-esque type song. Not sure what it was, but I thought it was the most entertaining dance of the evening.

The theater itself had some very interesting concessions for the intermissions. There are two restaurants in the theater. One you had to preorder your meal. The other, which was downstairs, was more of a cafe with lighter fare. In addition to food, there are lots of Edo-styled booths selling various confections to eat there or take home. You don't really have to buy anything, as they are all standing outside the booths offering samples. Unfortunately I am not a big fan of mochi, which was the most prevalent item. They also had goods booths. It was quite odd that they were pushing the Umezawa Tomio 2018 calendar. In fact, Umezawa-san even joked about that during the show.

meiji9.jpg

Unfortunately there isn't any meet and greet opportunity, so I didn't get to talk to Wasamin, but I made sure to tweet pictures from the theater complimenting her performance. Since it seems she often reads my Twitter (for better or worse) I am sure she saw it. In fact I think Wasamin is missing seeing her fans since she has been blogging and tweeting a bunch lately. We have been in her life almost ten years now, so we are like family.

meiji3.jpg

The show will continue for another week and a half. I have no plans to see the show again. It is quite long, and a but of a challenge to sit through, especially since Wasamin is only a supporting performer. In the meantime I am really looking forward to her events in Niigata and Sadogashima, which are coming up in two weeks. Also, fan club members received an announcement in the mail last week...

Iwasa Misaki Solo Concert 2019 ~The Power of Music Passed Down Generations~, January 26th 2019 at Tokyo Kinema Club, Uguisuidani!!!

At first I thought "Wow, this is early." However, the new year is creeping up on us. As is the tradition, they are offering the 'Ichigo Bonus" to fan club members, which includes seats close to the stage, some sort of meet and greet party, and other assorted gifts. Since Wasamin's 'Love Live' show sold out, I wonder how difficult the Ichigo seats will be to get. However, I will apply, and hopefully I win. Fan Club members must apply by September 28th, and the general release will be November 17th.

• Like Like x 4
  3. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Otoko to Onna no Ohanashi of Misaki Iwasa.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki and Her Fans' Sado Island Adventure (2018/09/29-30)

sado14.jpg

Pretty much very Wasafan I know had been hoping for a Sadogashima event since Wasamin released her 7th single. Her manager, Ichikawa-san, kept telling us to be patient and that she was working on it. Finally a couple of months ago the announcement was made, there would be an event. However, the details weren't released until about a month ago, and that's where it got interesting. Surprisingly, they did not offer any sort of package deal that would include transportation, and any sort of accommodation. It was simply stated that Wasamin would be performing at certain locations at certain times, and if we wanted to be there, then great! But we would need to make our own way.

Of the two events this weekend and next weekend, this is the one I really wanted to attend. I mean, her singing at an Onsen in Osaka sounds cool too, but I have been to Osaka. I had never been to Sado, or Niigata for that matter. For this trip I would need to travel via Shinkansen to Niigata, then travel via bus across town to her first appearance, which was at a Tsutaya over by Hard-Off Stadium. (The site of the 2016 SSK) After that we traveled in a caravan of taxis to the other side of Niigata to board the ferry boat across the Japan Sea, then finally settle down in one of the hotels on the island. Her appearance on Sadogashima was on the opposite side of the island from the port, so the plan was to take the public bus to that as well. Anyway, I reserved my spot on the ship, and booked a hotel. I didn't know if my hotel choice was a good one, and kept asking the other fans via mixi, but I never got a straight answer from anyone until a few days before the weekend, and by then it was a little late to change my reservation. In any case, Wasamin would be doing four performances over the weekend...

1. Saturday 1pm, Tsutaya Niigata
    2. Saturday 4:45pm, aboard the Tokiwamaru car ferry to Sado Island
    3. Sunday 1pm, Tsutaya Sadogashima
    4. Sunday 5pm, aboard the Tokiwamaru car ferry to Niigata

sado5.jpg

But there was trouble on the horizon...literally, as the news revealed Super Typhoon 24 was barreling toward Japan and would likely reach central Honshu late Sunday night. It was also forecast to rain pretty much the entire weekend. How would this affect our event? I figured the events themselves would probably be okay, but getting back to Tokyo from Niigata could be a problem. In any case, I was really looking forward to this event. I would go, and hope for the best.

Live at Tsutaya Records, Niigata (Saturday 1pm)

sado10.jpg

After a small mishap where I was unable to find an open ATM, I made it to Omiya (Saitama) in time to catch the non-stop Toki Shinkansen. This put me in Niigata quite early, and gave me plenty of time to find the correct bus. Luckily, one other fan was waiting at the bus stop, so we went together, seemingly the first people to arrive. We bought CDs, got our handshake tickets, and were good to go. I camped out in the neighboring Tully's while waiting for the event to begin. They didn't let us into the viewing area until just 15 minutes before the event, and at that point I noticed everyone had an entrance priority number. WTF???? They didn't give one to me. This ticked me off, and I wasn't going to wait until the end of the call to say anything. I went right up to the guy from Tokuma and complained. He also knew that I had been there quite early, and didn't understand why they didn't give me a number. So he let me right in. Justice! Finally, the event started...

1. Saba Kaido
    2. Ginza Kan Kan Musume
    2b. Ginza Kan Kan Musume
    3. Ryoshū
    4. Sado no Ondeko

They had accidentally played the long karaoke version of Ginza Kan Kan Musume, which Wasamin wasn't expecting. She stood there for a second, and then exclaimed "Chotto Matte!" She has actually performed the long version before, but not very often. So they set the song up again and she re-sang it. Also, after her performance of Ryoshū Wasamin announced there would be a special guest...

sado8.jpg
    Echigon is ready with her smartphone and tickets

If you go back a couple pages, we first met Echigon when Wasamin performed in Saitama for the Niigata Fair. It was a cute interaction, Echigon promised to purchase a CD so she could get a 2-shot as well. The above photo was taken while Echigon was in queue. It also turned out that Echigon loves Saba Kaido since her favorite food is a sabasando, LOL. I bought two CDs for a 2-shot. I told Wasamin that this was my first time ever in Niigata. She asked if I was an NGT fan, which I denied. (Truthfully, I kinda like NGT, but I wouldn't classify myself as a fan) I also told her how excited I was about Sadogashima.

sado9.jpg
    Kani pose

The fans didn't overdo it too much on buying CDs since we were all aware we had a tight schedule to get to the port in time to catch the ship. So when the event ended we figured out how many taxis we would need to get everyone over to the boat. There were probably 40-50 of us there, and maybe half were taking taxis. It took around 7-8 taxis, but we all made it to the boat with plenty of time to spare. It was there that we got our first bit of news...

Live on the Tokiwa Maru Car Ferry to Sadogashima (Saturday 5pm)

sado7.jpg

Uh oh!

When we arrived at the port we noticed there were posters around the ticketing and waiting area promoting Wasamin's appearance, except there was one problem. The Sunday performance on the ship had been crossed out. Did this mean it had been cancelled? In the meantime I picked up my ferry tickets, where the agent advised me that tomorrow's afternoon and evening ships were in jeopardy of being cancelled, and that I should consider taking an earlier ship back if I wanted to make it to Niigata on Sunday. Anyhow, we boarded the ship and immediately found seats in the Event Plaza, where Wasamin would be performing. The rest of the boat was quite cool, with first and second class seating, plus private suites, cabins and a large, carpeted room where people can rent blankets, lie down and sleep. There was also a small restaurant serving curry and ramen, a video game arcade, and a small conbini/gift shop. That was in addition to the surprisingly big event stage and seating. Wasamin was supposed to be performing at 4:45, but the staff from Tsutaya didn't get the CD sales booth open until it was almost time for the show, so they delayed the performance to allow people to make their purchases. The setlist...

1. Mujineki
    2. Ihoujin
    3. Yume Shibai
    4. Saba Kaido

It was after the first song that Wasamin made the announcement confirming the cancellation of the performance on the return ship. However, she also announced that the performance on Sado Island was also being cancelled due to the storm. I can't say we weren't disappointed, but I'm sure everyone understood. Even Wasamin was disappointed as she had also been looking forward to performing live on the island. However, they DID announce as compensation that they would be adding an additional perk to the event. Instead of a 2-shot shamekai, fans could instead opt to have Wasamin sign any item. Unfortunately I didn't bring anything for her to sign, until it dawned on me that I could have her sign one of the CDs. In the meantime, many of the fans lined up to purchase additional CDs. What I found most amazing was that many fans carry around a lot of Wasamin's goods, I guess in case something like this happens? I ended up purchasing two more CDs, so I had enough for one 2-shot and one autographed item.

sado6.jpg
    Fune pose, kinda like Jack and Rose?

I told Wasamin that I had been worried about the weather all day, and that the cancellation was probably a good decision. I also mentioned that I would probably take an earlier boat back. What I forgot to ask them was why I received a phone call from the fan club office on Friday morning. Wasamin probably didn't know, but Ichikawa-san probably does. However, I think they all had a lot of other things on their minds at that moment.

sado12.jpg
    Rabu!

Eventually they were trying to rush everyone through since the boat was due to arrive at port in less than 30 minutes. The signings made it take a lot longer than expected. In fact, the event pretty much took the entire 2 1/2 hour trip. We all gathered our things and headed toward the entry hall of the ship. Some of the fans ended up booking passage on the very next boat back to Niigata. I could have done that as well, except that even if I had gone back to Niigata, I would have missed the last Shinkansen back to Tokyo. I decided to check into my hotel, go out to dinner with all the fans, and then take one of the earlier boats back.

Our Brief Visit to the Island

sado3.jpg

Just the first courses, lots more food and drink came out after this

Our dinner was a lot of fun. There were 20 of us. It was a pre-set meal plus nomihodai. We had amaebi, salmon, basashi, hotate, ikayaki, grilled fish, salad, tomagoyaki, yakitori, steak, bacon, and spaghetti. Eventually I had to excuse myself since my hotel was a mile away from the port, and taxis were a bit of a challenge to find.

sado4.jpg
    My Japanese-style room. It was nice, and big, but the room smelled kinda odd

So it turned out I was the only one who booked at the Sado Grand Hotel, which was 2km from the port. Pretty much all the other fans were staying at the same hotel close to the port. WTF? I asked them about this a month ago, and they were all very evasive about it. When I checked in. the proprietor of the hotel recommended I take the 9:15am boat back just to be safe. In fact, he gave me a wake-up call at 7:15 to confirm I wanted to take the 8am shuttle. It turned out most everyone had the same idea, as most of the fans who spent the night made it for the 9:15am ship, including Wasamin. Wasamin was in one of the cabins, but I saw Sasou-san and the Tsutaya and Tokuma staff around the ship. And when I queued up to disembark Wasamin and her entourage came downstairs and queued up right behind me, LOL. I have seen Wasamin in public a few times before, and she has the most amazing aura. I have always contended she is "like an angel"

sado11.jpg
    Max-Toki 320

Anyway, I was able to catch the first bus back to Niigata Station in time to catch the "Max Toki" Shinkansen back to Tokyo. Ironically, it didn't rain at all until I got to Akabane, so I only had to deal with the rain in the 'final furlong'. I also picked up a few souvenirs, a package of Kani Senbei, and a bottle of Kani Miso paste, both made from Crab caught in the Japan Sea.

sado1.jpg sado2.jpg

As it ultimately turned out, the afternoon and evening boats were all cancelled, and JR East stopped train service at 8pm. So the cancellations were undoubtedly the right thing to do. AFAIK, everybody made it home safe. There were a couple of "Superfans" who decided to go sightseeing on Sado to see the places where Wasamin's MV was shot. Hopefully they made the last ship back. (I checked, they did)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Mini-Live at Ageo Shosan Plaza, Saitama Prefecture (2018/10/14)

wasa3.jpg

It had been two weeks since Wasamin's eventful fan trip to Niigata and Sadogashima, which was the last time I had seen her perform. Last week she was in Kobe and Osaka. On Saturday she performed in Ibaraki, which I chose to skip because 1) It was one of those malls that is really difficult to get to without a car, and 2) I had other plans with a friend. However, Ageo isn't far from where I live, and the mall is directly connected to the JR Station, so of I went.

I arrived around 40 minutes before the first performance, and noticed that most of the seats were already filled. That's okay. I instead retreated into the nearby Choco-Cro for a cup of coffee and a danish, emerging shortly before the live. I picked up for copies of the CD (Types A, B, C and another C) and per usual, I chose all stickers instead of signboards since they are smaller, and easier to carry Standing in back, I changed into my Happi Coat, I was ready for the Wasa-show. The early setlist...

1. Mujineki
    2. Tokyo no Bus Girl
    3. Osaka Rhapsody
    4. Sado no Ondeko

One of the events Wasamin is promoting is some sort of Karaoke Award show in Kawagoe next month, which features a few Nagara Pro artists. The details are a bit vague, so at this point I'm not sure whether or not I am going. There was a considerable older crowd in attendance. This isn't the liveliest mall. In fact it seems the Supermarket downstairs is its biggest appeal. However, Wasamin seems to draw a decent crowd every time she appears here. Anyway, I decided to use two of my four tickets on a 2-shot...

wasa2.jpg

Since I didn't get to talk with Wasamin after we got to Sado, I decided to tell her about some of the souvenirs I bought while I was there. Specifically, all of the crab-based food products. She asked if I ate them already, and I told her I wish I had purchased more of the Kani Miso paste. Wasamin also noticed my iPhone case is beginning to fall apart. Yeah, it's time for me to find a new one. Perhaps she will have one as part of her 2019 concert goods. In any case, I bailed for lunch, and to do a little shopping. I was also battling a bit of a stomachache, which I hoped to take care of before the later show.

I was a little bit late getting back for the later show. Wasamin was taking the stage as I arrived, so technically I didn't miss anything, but the back of the viewing area was pretty full, so I was almost back to the cosmetics department that faced the stage. No matter...

1. Saba Kaido
    2. Ringo no Uta
    3. Kukou
    4. Sado no Ondeko

By the way, the had the stage set up with a Halloween motif. I'm not sure if that was Wasamin's doing, the music shop, or the mall itself. In any case, they decided to move the decorations around to make put them closer to Wasamin while she performed. Originally I had planned to use my other two tickets for two individual handshake and talk sessions. But since they moved the props in such a way that they could be integrated into a 2-shot, I decided to do that instead. Monster pose...

wasa1.jpg

I guess the props reminded her, since she immediately asked me if I had applied for her Halloween party. I responded affirmatively, but then told her I had a little bit of trouble with the application process. She looked crestfallen for a moment, until I told her that everything was okay. Actually, Ichikawa-san seemed to know about it, since she laughed and nodded affirmatively when I was trying to relate the story. (Technically, I overpaid for the event, which I also did last year for her Boat event.) I also told her I received my ticket for Yamano Music's Enka Matsuri, which is in three weeks. So lots of Wasamin events coming up.

I decided not to stick around for the end, and head home since I had some work to do. However, the JR trains were stopped, so I ended up standing on the platform for almost 30 minutes waiting for the train to show up, Ugghh! Wasamin will be doing a lot of stuff outside of Tokyo over the next month appearing in Fukushima, Niigata, Kochi, and Ibaraki. After that there will be a bunch of Tokyo events to enjoy..

• Like Like x 3
  6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    She has a date in March 2019 at a series of Mizumori Kaori (another Nagara Pro artist) concerts.

"From Saturday, March 9, 2019 to Monday, March 18,

"Kaori Mizumori Special Performance"

Performers:
    水森かおり Mizumori Kaori

加藤 茶 仲本工事 大信田礼子 椎名佐千子 岩佐美咲

ヒカル(はやぶさ) ヤマト(はやぶさ) 丹羽貞仁 重田千穂子

https://www.nagarapro.co.jp/top/whats_new/popup.php?id=1586

She is also appearing with the Minyo Girls on November 18, but I don't see this on either of their schedules. Maybe @Cristafari can explain. Note that this is not the same date as the Love Live mentioned previously.

Jq9au8Am.jpeg

https://twitter.com/wasaminnn/status/1053868506687520768

Update: after more googling, it seems to be the Karaoke Contest also previously mentioned.

2018/11/18

"Japan National Karaoke Box Awards National Competition 2018 in Saitama (Kawagoe)" appeared!

Venue / Saitama Weststar Kawagoe Kaikyo Hall
    ※ Free viewing (distribution of advance tickets)
    Saitama Prefecture 11: 30 Doors open
    12: 00 curtain
    NEW"Wang - Fes" appearance decided!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  7. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @sscrla

-Well, you answered your own question regarding the Karaoke competition...

-The Wongoo Fest is on the 23rd, and is a local festival, live show in Ibaraki

-As for the Mizumori Kaori special performance, that is going to be a lot like the Umezawa Tomio Special performance I reported on in September, or the other Umezawa Tomio performance she did in Osaka last year.

Other performances and events coming up...

-10/28 - Fan Club Halloween Live.
    -11/07 - Ginza Yamano Music Festival
    -11/10-11/11 - Mini-live events in Ehime and Kochi prefectures
    -11/14 - Kayo Festival at Nakano Sun Plaza
    -11/17 - Chara-ani cheki event
    -11/18 - Karaoke Box event at Kawagoe, Saitama
    -11/23 - Wongoo Fes, Tsukuba
    -11/24 - 'Love Live' at Hamamatsucho
    -12/09 - Karaoke Event in Yamaguchi Prefecture
    -12/16 - Live Show at Minoh Onsen, Osaka

8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Fan Club Halloween Live at GRACE BALI Kannai, Kanagawa Prefecture (2018/10/28)

The last time Wasamin did a Halloween event was 2016 in Akihabara. It was a lot of fun, so when I received the postcard invitation in the mail, this was definitely a "must-go" event. The invitation also instructed us to recommend a costume for Wasamin to wear. I thought of suggesting a bat, which is a costume she wore while in AKB. However I ultimately left that part blank.

This was a weird weekend for me. First of all, my portable wi-fi crapped out on me Friday afternoon. I probably should have gone straight home after Japanese class, but I was meeting a friend for dinner and drinks. I ultimately stayed out quite late, and didn't get home to try to rectify the issue until very late. In the meantime, I had scored a cancel-machi for AKB48's Sunday matinee. If I went I would need to verify my win the old-fashioned way, by taking a screenshot of my ticket center account, since I wouldn't be able to access my email or the ticket center at the theater. Then I received word that I was being express-mailed a new wi-fi router on Sunday. I decided that I would wait for it, and only go to AKB if the router arrived early enough. It didn't, and I ended up cancelling my cancel machi. Although it ultimately didn't matter, as the cancel machi didn't go high enough for me to win. Anyway...

I still needed to go to Akihabara since I wanted to find some sort of costume or mask to wear to the party. Ichikawa-san had posted that she was looking forward to what the fans would wear, which ended up making everyone want to dress up. I got to the Donki right around the time the show I was supposed to attend got out, LOL. I ended up finding a cheap mask. This would be fine, I guess. From there I headed to Kannai...

hallo1.jpg

This is not the first time Wasamin has held an event at GRACE BALI Kannai. In fact, her first ever fan club event was held there. In order to accommodate all of the fans, there were three events, with room for 50-60 people for each event. I drew the evening event, from 5:30pm to 7pm. There was a small table in front of the banquet room with a little sign, and an advertisement for Wasamin's special drink.

hallo2.jpg hallo3.jpg

It looks kinda spooky, but it was merely grape juice and tonic water. It was quite good though. While we waited for the event to begin, we were serenaded by Kidz Bop's Halloween Album, which I thought was an interesting choice, to say the least. We also filled out a ticket for a few various drawings Wasamin would be doing throughout the event. My seat was fourth row-center. Not bad, although it would have been nice to be a little closer.

hallo7.jpg

There was also a goods table, and as expected they were selling the new Wasamin calendar, as well as a few small items...

hallo6.jpg
    Buttons

hallo8.jpg
    Postcards

hallo10.jpg hallo9.jpg
    Clear Files

I bought all the new stuff. Finally the lights dimmed, we would find out what costume Wasamin would be wearing for the event...

hallo18.jpg

Yowza! Between the AKB handshake event, and Wasamin, 'Girl Cop' was definitely a popular costume choice this year. That said, Wasamin looked amazing. That black girdle and the fishnets just take the costume to the next level. She said she was uncomfortable wearing the hat, so she only put it on in the beginning, and during the photo-shoot. Apparently this was the fan's choice, but when she asked our group who requested it, nobody raised their hand. Then she asked how many people actually made a request, and only a few raised their hand, LOL. Apparently all of them requested a maid outfit, which is what she wore last time!

hallo21.jpg

The first part was Misaki-chan telling stories and answering questions. She would draw a name out of the box, and that person would come on stage to talk to Wasamin, then roll a big fuzzy die with tasks for Wasamin, like answer a question, tell a story, etc. This went on for around 20 minutes. There was also a drawing for people to win off-shot chekis and the grand prize, and signed copy of the event sign that was at the door. Unfortunately I didn't win anything. After that came the singing portion of the show. For the last Halloween event Wasamin did a few acoustic guitar songs, and a few requests. This time she had a pre-planned setlist.

Setlist
    1. Halloween Night (Normal Version)
    2. Matsu Wa
    3. Goodbye My Love
    4. Anata ni Aitakute ~Missing You~ (Original Artist: Matsuda Seiko)

Aside from Halloween Night, which I'm not really a fan of, it was a really nice setlist. Wasamin only occasionally performs Matsu Wa, which was on her first album. I love Goodbye My Love, especially since it requires her to sing a verse in English. She sings the song very well too. I might be mistaken, but I think this is the first time she has performed that Matsuda Seiko song. It is very pretty, and again, Misaki-chan performed it beautifully.

After that it was time for the photo-shoot. Like last time, we would go up by row and get around 2-3 minutes of one-shot time. After every row was complete we went up in order to take a 2-shot and talk to Wasamin. I was #35, so sort of in the middle. But first, a sampling of the photo-shoot session...

hallo16.jpg hallo17.jpg hallo19.jpg hallo12.jpg hallo20.jpg hallo15.jpg

Oh, I failed to mention that at least 80% of the fans had on some sort of costume. This is a much bigger percentage than last time. Suddenly my cheap mask seemed kinda dumb, but then I looked at all the people that didn't wear anything at all, and felt a bit better. There were a few people who had really cool costumes on, including one fan dressed as Mickey Mouse. Wasamin loved that! I was standing in line when the song "Time Warp" came on the speakers. That song was extremely popular when I was a kid, and amazingly I remembered most of the dance moves, which I was doing in line. It caught a couple of the female fans' attention, who started laughing at me. Finally it was my turn....

hallo4.jpg

I greeted Wasamin with my best Batman impression, and told her that "together we will clean up this city!" She laughed, and immediately noted that she sang Goodbye My Love. I told her it was beautiful, as was the Seiko-san song. She asked what I thought of her costume, which obviously I loved. But I had one more thing to ask her. I am doing a project in one of my Japanese classes where we ask Japanese people what their favorite Kanji is and why. She thought about it for a couple seconds, and then gave me an answer and her reasons, which thankfully I understood. When my time was up she handed me a small gift and a 'thank you' card, and I went back to my seat.

hallo5.jpg

Before the event ended, Wasamin made one more announcement. The next Fan Club event would be scheduled for February 1, 2019, which is the 7th anniversary of the release of Mujineki. I'm not sure what the significance of the 7th anniversary is, but I'm sure it will be fun. Wasamin stood by the door and said goodbye to everyone as we filed out of the venue.

So once again, being a Wasafan is awesome! A bunch of us celebrated the event by heading to an izakaya around the corner for Nabe and Yakitori. Dinner went far later than expected, and I almost missed the last train. Wasamin has quite a few events on her November schedule. I will be attending Ginza Enka Matsuri, 'Love Live' and hopefully the Chara-ani cheki event. There is also that Karaoke thing, which I am undecided about. We'll see.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Live at Yamano Music Ginza ~Ginza Enka Matsuri~ (2018/11/07)

It seems Yamano Music holds these Enka Festivals at least 2-3 times per year, and Wasamin has been a regular participant for quite a while. This is an "invite only" event. The way it works; The shop announces who will be participating in the series, and in order to apply for the show you must purchase one of the target products from one of their stores. You receive a 5-pack of postcards which you can use to apply for any of the artists, who perform individually throughout the week. In this particular case I didn't need to make a purchase since Kimura-san, one of my Wasafan buddies had a bunch of postcard packs and gave me one to use, and of course I sent all five in for Wasamin. Oh, and the win isn't automatic, I have not won every time I have applied, for some reason the January festival is extremely hard to win. That said, I usually win the other events, and this one was no exception.

misaki1.jpg

I finished my Japanese class at 3:15, and had over three hours to kill before the show. I spent the first hour or so in the library studying for a Japanese "oral exam" I have tomorrow, then head over to Ginza to hang out at The Hub, and have a few cocktails before the show. BTW, The Hub's target drink this month is Maker's Mark, and after having a couple Hi-balls I won the coasters, and a Hi-ball glass. But it was getting close to 6pm, so it was time to walk over to the store.

misaki4.jpg

I arrived 15 minutes before doors opened, and spent a few minutes checking out the vintage electric guitars they had on display. Eventually I queued up. #130 isn't that good, but I ultimately scored a 6th row seat on the far left. It's a small room, so there really isn't any bad seat anyway. After saving my seat, I queued up to purchase three CDs, one of each type of Sado no Ondeko's re-release. My plan was to do one 2-shot, and one regular handshake. Once I got back to my seat, it was almost time for the show. Oh, and Wasamin enters from the left side by the 5th row, so I had a nice closeup of her coming into the room. The setlist...

1. Saba Kaido
    MC
    2. Osaka Rhapsody
    3. Tokyo no Bus Girl
    4. Ginza Kan Kan Musume
    MC
    5. Blue Light Yokohama
    6. Tomonoura Bojou
    MC
    7. Sado no Ondeko

misaki2.jpg

I have been really bad about bringing lightsticks to Wasamin's shows, and this would have been a good one to bring them to since she performed three of her singles, and the fans have a color code for each one. (Saba Kaido=yellow, Tomonoura Bojou=red, Sado no Ondeko=purple) Also, Wasamin had a quiz after the 6th song. She asked us what the theme of the setlist was. The first person got it wrong, but the 2nd person, who was seeing Wasamin for the first time, got it right. All the songs were about "places." Well, I guess technically Saba Kaido does qualify as a place, but it was all in fun anyway. After promoting her January concert, as well as a couple of her other upcoming appearances, the show ended. But it was a nice 7-song setlist, so a bit more than a regular mini-live.

The queue for handshakes and whatnot was very long, and I ended up waiting a while before jumping into the queue. But eventually I decided to brave the line. I had a few things I wanted to talk with her about. First was the 2-shot...

misaki3.jpg

So there was no surprise, I showed the paper I am holding to her assistant so she would know what it was. It is a Japanese essay I had to write. The topic was "What kind of robot would you want?" So I thought Wasamin would want to read about my "Misaki-chan Robotto," LOL. She was like "Nani kore????" So I told her about the assignment, and I also showed her the grade (5 out of 5) She asked if that meant it was a perfect paper. I was like "No, not perfect at all! Just good enough for an "A"." I mentioned that my teacher suggested the Misaki-chan robot. She asked "Why does your teacher know about me?" All of my teachers know about you! In any case, my essay was a big hit. She read a tiny bit of it.

I immediately re-queued. The line was a bit shorter. This time I wanted to tell her about gong to sing Karaoke last week with one of my classes. My teacher requested I sing a Misaki-chan song, so I picked the one I am confident singing, Mujineki. Wasamin asked why I didn't choose Sado no Ondeko, but I told her that I would need to practice it more before I tried to sing it, which she was cool with. After that I took off sine the Yamano Music staff do not like people without tickets hanging out. They are pretty much "once you are done, get out!"

And when I go on the train to head home, the entire car smelled of barbecue. WTF? Where was it coming from? All of a sudden a had a massive craving for ribs. But it was late. Perhaps this weekend I will tread myself. We'll see. Ribs are somewhat rare in Tokyo, and quite expensive where they have them.

Wasamin will be in the Shikoku Region this weekend, which I will not be attending. The weekend after that is her cheki event, which I am hoping to attend. I forgot to ask Ichikawa-san if there will be "on the day" tickets, but there usually are, so no worries.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki 7th Single Re-release 'Chara-Ani' Cheki Event at Nippon Crown/Tokuma Head Office, Gotanda (2018/11/17)

Like with most of Wasamin's releases, they hold a special pre-order through Chara-ani where you get 2-shot cheki tickets for an exclusive event at the office of her record label. However, for this release I had a bit of a dilemma since the CD was being released when I originally thought I would be traveling to America. It was the same reason I made all of my event pre-orders for pick-up, regardless of how far away I would have to travel. Consequently, I was unable to order any tickets. On the bright side, for the last few releases they have been selling "on the day" tickets, which meant I could still attend the event assuming they would be selling tickets at the venue. Sure enough, earlier this week Wasamin's manager posted that they would indeed have tickets for sale. I expected that announcement, but was still relieved when it came.

I arrived at the venue around 30 minutes after the tickets were supposed to go on sale. The website posts all these warnings about limited supply, and forbidding people from camping overnight to be first in line and whatnot. But all the Wasafans know better. They never come close to selling out, and sell tickets all the way to the end of the event. In any case, I went upstairs, purchased one ticket for each of the three slots, and was good to go.

I should also note that it seemed like there were fewer people there than in previous events. Perhaps it is because it was a re-release. Although more people showed up for the later slots, Slot 3 by far had the longest queue. Anyway, Wasamin doesn't sing at this event. She changes into a different outfit for each slot, you take a cheki, talk to her for around 20-30 seconds, and you are done.

Slot One

wasamin3.jpg

Damn, check out Wasamin's sexy outfit!!! You can't see the shoes in the pic, but her black pumps went perfectly with the leather skirt. I kept on saying how hawt she looked, and both she and Ichikawa-san were laughing. I told Wasamin about a recent job interview I had, and that I need to find a job or I will eventually have to leave Japan. After that Wasamin and I got into a conversation about my Japanese classes, and that she thinks my Japanese is becoming really good. I kept mentioning that I have a hard time in my classes, but practice every day. I also mentioned that I met a couple of my Japanese friends in Harajuku Friday night, and they said the same thing. Wasamin was like "Why were you in Harajuku? That's where young people hang out?" I guess Wasamin was reminding me that I am an ojisan, LOL.

There is a long break between each slot. After the first one I went to get lunch (Ebi Tendon) The rest of the time I camp out in a nearby Tully's sipping coffee and fiddling around with my phone.

Slot Two

wasamin2.jpg

Wasamin again going with sexy, this time with the outfit she wore at the Halloween Event. "Ban Ban!" I told her that for my Japanese report on people's favorite Kanji I used our Halloween 2-shot on my Power Point presentation. She responded. "Power Point? So everyone looked at it???" Yes!!!

Slot Three

wasamin1.jpg

I got back early, and was close to the front of the line, which was considerably longer than earlier. This time Wasamin went with a more conservative dress, and with really cute back shoes. I noted that the first two slots were sexy, and the last slot was very cute. She asked me about her event tomorrow. (The Karaoke Box Event in Kawagoe) However, I told her I have a group project for one of my Japanese classes, and we are making a short movie in Japanese. I think that was satisfactory for her, as she now had all sorts of questions about the movie. "Are you going to be in the movie?" They were moving the line relatively quickly, but they always give me a little extra time since my Japanese is a bit slower than the native Japanese.

And with that I was done. As I mentioned I cannot attend her Sunday event. But actually there were two other events I really wanted to attend (HKT48's Zenkoku event and Tokyo CLEARS' graduation) But my project takes precedence, so I have to bail on all of them. I am also going to miss Wasamin (and Minyo Girls) at the Wongoo Fest in Tsukuba this coming Friday, but I will see her at 'Love Live' on Saturday, so no worries.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Winter 'Love Live' ~Aitakute Ima~ at Hamamatsucho Bunka Hall (2018/11/24)

BTW, due to this being a really intense school week for me (4 Japanese tests, 2 papers due, one project, and two other tests) I have gotten a bit backed up on event reports. So I apologize for these being late. But I essentially have the next nine days off, so time to catch up...

love1.jpg

For tho who don't know, 'Love Live' is Wasamin's acoustic concert, where she strips away her Enka style and performs more as a pop artist. It is a chance for her to show off her singing versatility, which she is getting more and more proficient at doing. It is also a chance for her to show off her guitar skills, another one of her many talents that she has been diligently working on over the past years. In short, this definitely qualifies as a "must-see" event for all Wasa-faithful, the only bummer being that they do not release the show on DVD, I am guessing due to copyright issues, and she almost exclusively sings songs from other contemporary artists.

The invitation to apply for the concert came via postcard, which is a new format her management has been using. (They also did this for the Halloween Party) Fans became slightly worried when they announced early on that the 'fan club' sale completely sold out, almost implying that everyone didn't win. However, they did end up doing a general sale, and after saying that the show was completely full, they announced the night before the show that 'on the day' tickets would be available in limited supply. I received my tickets in the mail around two weeks before the show, I had 5th row in the center aisle.

I had attended Minyo Girls' solo live at the same venue earlier in the day. There was a two hour gap between the two shows, so I headed to Devilcraft down the street for a couple beers and some pizza, returning just before doors opened. I wasn't too worried about the queue since our seats were pre-determined. What I failed to notice was the goods sale that took place earlier in the day. There were two new Wasa-items I really wanted, and fortunately they were both still available when I got into the venue, although I heard I was one of the last people to get one of them...

love8.jpg
    Wasamin Megane Case. I also got her new buttons, which sold out a short time later.

After that I queued up for CDs so I could get handshake/2-shot tickets. Lo and behold, who did I line up behind? None other than Mama-Wasa and Papa-Wasa, or as I like to call them, my "in-laws." I find it interesting that her parents actually purchase CDs for handshake tickets, but I think they do it as more of a symbolic gesture of support. Surprisingly, they turned around and greeted me, at which point I became extremely self-conscious about the possibility of having beer-breath, LOL. BTW, the closer I am to Wasamin's mother, the more I notice the resemblance. Fans used to say she looks like her dad, but I think she looks more like her mom. I also shared an elevator with them to the concert, which was on the top floor of the building. Just before entering I saw Wasa-manager, so I asked her if they had found any glasses at the Tokuma offices. (I lost my glasses that weekend, and am checking all possible places they could be) She told me she would check and get back to me after the show.

love6.jpg
    Congratulatory flowers

It was a small stage setup with a piano, and Wasamin's guitar. After her giggle-filled Kage-ana, the lights dimmed. Wasamin and Senbei-san, her accompanist, entered the stage. Wasamin wore a beautiful white dress, which likely stoked "Wasa-wedding" dreams for most of the Wasa-fans. He is the setlist...

love4.jpg

Setlist
    (Wasamin on guitar for songs 3,4,9,10,11)

1. Shinai - Nana Mizuki
    2. Yuki no Hana - Nakashima Mika
    MC 1: Wasamin talks about TBS cameras that were present for the show
    3. Kona Yuki - Remioromen
    4. Chiisana Koi no Uta - Mongol 800
    MC 2: Wasamin asks who came from a far distance, then who came by various means of transportation, including by bicycle, LOL
    5. Kogarashi ni Dakarete - Kyoko Koizumi
    6. PRIDE - Imai Miki
    7. Ame - Moritaka Chisato
    8. Let it Go ~Ari no Mama de~ - Frozen
    MC 3: Goods introduction
    9. Nagori Yuki - Kaguya Hime
    10. Tobacco - Koresawa
    MC 4: She sks who had ever heard the previous song before
    11. Stalker no Uta - Abe Mao
    MC 5: Talking about song selection, and the show's theme (obviously Winter)
    12. Aitakute Ima - Misia
    MC 6: Aitakute Ima was the "sub-title" of the show
    Encore: Arigatou - Ikimono Gakari

More than half the songs on the setlist were first-time performances. Among the interesting aspects of her MCs, Wasamin apparently loses track of the days, and kept saying it was Sunday, although it was Saturday. She was also talking about all of the benefits that are available with her single and album releases, specifically the barbecue parties, one of which I attended. Toward the end she introduced Senbei-san, who looked somewhat like an old hippie, with long grey hair. Once she introduced him the fans were doing "Senbei-san" calls, much the way we usually do them for Wasamin.

love2.jpg

As for the performance itself, Wasamin was in impeccable form. You could tell she worked really hard to perfect these songs for the show. The song choices were great, and her singing was as dynamic as I have ever heard her. She really took Let it Go to the next level, and Stalker no Uta was a particular crowd-pleaser. If you are unfamiliar with that song...

I could talk about so many songs here. Shinai and Chiisana Koi no Uta (as well as Stalker no Uta) were a great showcase for Wasamin to perform almost in a rock-style. Tobacco, Aitakute Ima, and Yuki no Hana showed her softer and more nuances singing abilities. Overall it was an incredible showcase of her singing talent, and I was glad TBS was there to film all of it.

love3.jpg

Once the show ended we had to go back down to the building lobby for handshakes and 2-shots. However, I was really thirsty (and had to use the bathroom) so I was delayed getting downstairs. By the time I made it the queue was huge, snaking around five times. So it would be a bit of a wait before I would have a chance to congratulate Wasamin. Meanwhile, the TBS crew were filming us in the queue, and filming some of the handshakes as well. It took at least 30-40 minutes for me to reach the front of the line. I warned Sasou-san that there had been an issue with my phone camera before we took the shot...

love7.jpg

Whaddya know, it came out just fine! The Minyo Girls' staff tried to take my group shot three times, and it came out blurry every time. Then again, they did not have the lights on in the lobby at the time. Oh, and it was it this point that both Sasou-san and Ichikawa-san informed me that they checked the office, and my glasses were not there. Wasamin asked what that was all about, so I told her my lost glasses story. But I also said that I had been thinking of getting new glasses, and my new Wasamin megane case will go with them perfectly! That got a smile. After that I quickly congratulated her and was on my way out, but not before telling her I would be at her Sunday event in Kameido...

love5.jpg

The line was still huge from people re-queueing, so I decided to head back home. I had a lot of things I needed to do on Sunday in addition to seeing Wasamin, but the interesting story of that event will be told on my next Wasa-post.

(concert photos from Wasamin's official blog)

• Like Like x 5
  13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Sayonara no natsu - Cécile Corbel feat Iwasa Misaki
    With some footage from Japan Expo 2018 performance
    Available everywhere: https://cecilecorbel.lnk.to/sayonara

• Like Like x 3
  14. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Live at Oedo Aki Matsuri at Kameido Ume Yashiki (2018/11/25)

Since this event may be the last opportunity I have to hang out with Wasamin until Christmas Eve, I wanted to be sure and make an appearance. For the next month she will have a weekend off from fan events, and then do a series of appearances in Western Japan, and despite the fact that I will have the time off, I'm not sure I want to make the trip. Maybe I will change my mind. Anyway...

Last weekend Wasamin sandwiched her 'Love Live' concert with two festival appearances. Friday she performed at the Wongoo Fest in Ibaraki Prefecture, an event I was unable to attend since I had AKB48 handshake tickets. However, I had nothing conflicting with her Sunday performance in Kameido, which was a lot closer to where I live anyway. I did have a couple errands I really needed to run, but I would make it all work one way or another.

I arrived in Kameido around an hour before her appearance at Oedo Aki Matsuri, which was a tiny little festival in a small park down the street from the station. Kameido Ume Yashiki is a little park in front of a small market. However, the small square is Edo-themed, with a bunch of Edo-style art, not to mention the structure the market is housed in is also constructed Edo-style. There weren't really any food or omiyage booths, it was simply a stage with a bunch of various artists performing. After grabbing a quick sushi lunch down the street, I headed into the stage area and watched some of the earlier performers. Billyken, another NagaraPro associated group, was just finishing up their set. After that, an idol group called Banzai Japan took the stage, and then a martial arts performance group called "Shadow."

wasa2.jpg

It was all interesting. I was trying to get some good action shots of the martial arts team, but I was really just passing the time, waiting for them to finish so I could see Wasamin. If you watch the short video I took, they were okay. Anyway, Wasamin took the stage almost immediately after the "Shadow" finished up. Here's the setlist...

Setlist
    1. Mujineki
    2. Koisuru Fortune Cookie (Enka Version)
    3. Tegami
    4. Sado no Ondeko

wasa3.jpg
    The MCs with "Shadow"

BTW, when the MCs introduced her, they called her single "Sado no Onitaiko," a common mistake. Most of the Wasafans had scouted a spot near the front side of the stage on the left. I was on the opposite side, a bit further back. But all the Wasafans were fairly rambunctious throughout her performance, prompting Wasamin to comment that we may be annoying the people living in the surrounding apartments, LOL.

Also, the same TBS crew that was filming her show on Saturday were also filming this event. I wasn't clear what show they were recording for, but from what I gather it was something that was shown this past weekend, so I didn't get to see it.

The show ended, and we knew there was supposed to be CD sales and benefits, but none of us could figure out where we were supposed to go. Finally ichikawa-san came out and directed us to the backstage area where they had a sales booth set up. We all thought that might be where it was, but it seemed like it was off-limits. Anyway, since nobody had any handshake tickets yet, we were literally buying our CDs, getting our tickets, and then immediately stepping right to meet with Wasamin and take our pictures. It didn't help that the owners of the local enka shop are a little old couple, and not exactly the quickest at performing transactions. It also turned out Wasamin had a surprise appearance scheduled for a live show that evening, so they were trying to process everyone as quickly as possible too. I purchased two CDs, and immediately came over for my two shot, holding my prized good from the Saturday night show...

wasa1.jpg

I told Wasamin my plan to get new glasses to put in my special Wasa-case. She asked if I found my old ones, which I didn't. But I told her that I thought my eyesight may have changed, and I probably needed a new pair anyway. (This turned out not to be true, my prescription was pretty much the same) I mentioned that today was a lot of fun, and I would see her again soon. And with that I was off...

It turned out there was an Atre (shopping center connected to many JR stations) at Kameido Station, so I decided to do a little exploring. Not only did I find a QB House with a relatively short wait, but they also had a Zoffs, which is a discount glasses shop not dissimilar to Jins (the most well-known discount glasses shop) So I got my eyes checked, a new pair of glasses, and a haircut before getting back on the train and heading home. This was perfect, since I originally figured I would have to go somewhere else to get my glasses, and I wasn't sure if I would have time for a haircut.

As for Wasamin's December schedule, she has a special Mobame member exclusive event next weekend, which I will not be attending. The following weekend (my birthday weekend!) she will be in Osaka and Hyogo, the weekend after that? Fukuoka and Okayama, before returning to Kanto for a Christmas Eve day mini-live in Saitama. Unless I go to Osaka, the Christmas event will likely be the next Wasamin event I attend, although we can probably look forward to some cute Christmas cosplay for that event!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Announced today on Twitter, and LINE

Wasamin 8th Single "Koi no Owari Sangenjaya" to be released February 13th, 2019. Wasamin also confirmed on her official blog that AkiP is the writer/producer

https://twitter.com/wasaminnn/status/1072772234052128768
    https://ameblo.jp/wasaminnn/entry-12425465730.html

Details (from newly created single thread)

Title: Koi no Owari Sangenjaya
    Kanji: 恋の終わり三軒茶屋
    Release Date: 2019/02/13
    Producer: Akimoto Yasushi

[First Press Limited Edition] CD + DVD TKCA-74748 ¥ 1,646 ( tax included)
    Tracklist
    1. Koi no Owari Sangenjaya
    2. Anata (Original by Kosaka Akiko, 1973)
    3. Koi no Owari Sangenjaya (karaoke ver.)
    4. Anata (karaoke ver.)
    <DVD>  
    1. Koi no Owari Sangenjaya MV
    2. Koi no Owari Sangenjaya "Making of" MV

[Regular Edition A] CD TKCA-74749 ¥ 1028 (tax included)

Tracklist
    2. Wakare no Yokan (Original by Teresa Teng, 1987)
    3. Koi no Dorei (Original by Okumura Chiho, 1969)
    4. Koi no Owari Sangenjaya (Karaoke ver.)
    5. Wakare no Yokan (Karaoke ver.)
    6. Koi no Dorei (Karaoke ver.)

[Regular Edition B] CD TKCA-74750 ¥ 1028 (tax included)
    Tracklist
    2. Wakare no Yokan
    3. Ohisashiburi ne (original by Koyanagi Rumiko, 1983)
    4. Koi no Owari Sangenjaya (Karaoke ver.)
    5. Wakare no Yokan (Karaoke ver.)
    6. Ohisashiburi ne (Karaoke ver.)

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    A couple of updates. Tonight at 23:56 Wasamin will be appearing an a TBS variety special featuring young Enka singers. The show stars Arita Teppei, Yoshimura Takashi, and in addition to Wasamin, Nishida Ai, Oka Midori, Mori Konomi, and Tokunaga Yuuki will be appearing, Oh, and it mentioned something about Okai Chisato being a guest. Here's a promo video...

http://www.tbs.co.jp/tv/20181218_D304.html

Also, the promotional poster for Wasamin's upcoming play next year with Mizumori Kaori...

wasaplay.jpg

Cute!

17. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Now I know what the TBS filming was all about at Hamamatsucho and Kameido. (My reports of those two events are posted above) You can see me in the queue in the handshake VTR, but the scene where they do the closeup of fans screaming "EEEHHHHHH???" at Kameido, I am off-camera left.

18. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki 8th Single Pre-order "Christmas" Mini-Live at Elumi Konosu, Saitama Prefecture (2018/12/24)

It's hard to believe this would end up being the only day in December I would get to spend with Wasamin. Most of her appearances this month have been in either Kansai or Kyushu, so this is an event I surely didn't want to miss. Not to mention that she usually does some kind of cosplay for Christmas. I was going to miss the AKB Zenkoku event at Makuhari, but no matter. I can't think of anyone I'd rather spend Christmas with than Misaki-chan.

wasa3.jpg

I have been to this mall a couple of times before. Konosu is a 35-minute train ride north from Akabane. The JR station directly connects to the mall, which makes it super-convenient. Since this was Christmas eve, the mall was in full-decor, and bustling with last-minute Christmas shoppers. Not to mention the mall's resident Cozy Corner and KFC had long queues of people picking up their traditional Christmas Cakes and buckets of Chicken. I was always under the impression you had to preorder the KFC Chicken months in advance. However, this particular branch was selling them "on the day," so if I wanted to I could've picked some up. However, I had a busy day and evening planned, and I had other "pre-ordering" to do...

wasa2.jpg

As expected, the local silverback community had camped out pretty much all the seats early, so most of the Wasafans organized themselves in the back standing area. The CD preorder queue was quite long, but I was there 45 minutes early, so no biggie. I ordered four copies, which would afford me two 2-shots with Wasamin. I was especially interested in taking a photo with her during the later set, where she promised to wear a Christmas outfit. Her "snowgirl" cosplay she wore in Hiroshima on Sunday was adorable. But Wasamin can make just about any outfit look cute. There was a packed crowd for the early show. Here are the day's setlists...

13:00 Setlist
    1. Hatsuzake
    2. Ringo no Uta
    3. Ryoshū
    4. Sado no Ondeko

15:30 Setlist
    1. Saba Kaido
    2. Blue Light Yokohama
    3. Tegami
    4. Sado no Ondeko

I was hoping she would sing something "Christmas-y," but she really doesn't have anything like that in her repertoire. (The only time I recall her singing a Christmas song was at her Christmas Fan Club Live a couple years ago) This is also one of those malls that restricts the volume of the performance because they don't want it to disturb the shops, so I guess it was fitting that she chose some slower songs for the performance. Once the first set ended the queue formed quickly, and encircled the entire seating area. It would be a long wait, so I queued up as quickly as I could. Finally my turn came. It was my chance to present Wasamin with her Christmas gift, which I picked up the day before in Shinjuku. I also wrote her a Christmas fan letter.

wasa4.jpg

Wasamin changed the pose at the last second. Originally she did a pose pretending she was sleeping, as she did with most everyone who brought her a gift. But I noticed her shift right before the photo snapped. It's still a nice pic though. I decided to talk to Wasamin about the TBS show she was on last week. I told her that I liked the part where they did the "magic" clothes change, and that her outfit was extremely cute. (If you watched the show, the MC exclaimed "Mecha Kawaii!!!") I have seen her wearing that outfit in Twitter photos before, and I have always liked that look on her. At first she seemed confused about my comment, although Ichikawa-san (Wasa-manager) knew what I was talking about the entire time. "Kimono kara, kawaii fuku made!" Ahhh, now she got it, LOL. She thanked me for the gift, and afterwards I decided to grab some lunch. When I returned the handshake line was still going, so it was definitely a successful day for her. I camped out in the local Choco-cro to await the later show...

wasa1.jpg

So Wasamin came out in her Santa's Helper outfit, which showed of her cute legs quite nicely. Interestingly, the mall PA system kept going off during the set, and at one point she began responding to all the announcements. They were calling out names, and she would respond to the PA "Yuko? Is Yuko here?" "Yuko-san, if you are here please pick up your Ice Cream cake" while pointing to the Baskin Robbins, LOL. It happened again in the next MC, and she started laughing. BTW, there was a little old couple standing in front of me, and while Wasamin was singing the chorus of Sado no Ondeko, they both turned to each other and started nodding like "Wow, she's really good" They did it again on the second chorus too. It's great to see her winning people over this way.

wasa5.jpg

This time I tried to get closer to the front of the queue since I needed to be in Shibuya by 5:45pm. I chose the heart pose because I <3 her outfit. Afterwards Wasamin admitted that she already opened my gift. "Yeah?" "An assortment of bath salts? And Tea-oil soap?" as she listed off the contents. She looked me in the eyes and thanked me. It was quite cute. I told her the items are made in California. (The shop I got them from is called Soaptopia, which I have considered getting her a gift from before) I then asked her if she read the short letter I wrote her, which she said she did. I happened to mention some personal news that I am excited about, and she turned to Ichikawa-san to relate the news. She told me that she was really happy for me, and wished me luck next year.

And with that I wished her a Merry Christmas and was out the door. I made the 4:25 train back to Tokyo, which put me in Shibuya at 5:25, plenty of time for my next engagement. BTW, Wasamin has slew of events scheduled for early next month. The scuttlebutt is that the schedule looks so much like one she would do during a single release week, so perhaps the 8th single was supposed to come out earlier, and got pushed back for some reason or another But that's all speculation. As it stands now, in early-January she will be performing at...

1/3 Aeon Mall Choshi, Chiba Prefecture
    1/5 Moritown Akishima, Western Tokyo
    1/6 Aeon Kisarazu, Chiba Prefecture
    1/8 Sunshine City, Ikebukuro
    1/13 Odawara Dyna City, Kanagawa Prefecture

For me the two Chiba events are pretty far away, so I will probably miss them. The Akishima event conflicts with the SKE handshake event, but I should be good to go for Ikebukuro and Odawara. And this will lead up to her big concert later in the month. Oh, and one other funny story...

So my plan for the evening was to go to an idol show in Shibuya. My friend Derek has been asking me to go see Necronomidol for quite a while, and since I am technically on holiday I had plenty of time. I got there as doors opened, but decided to hang back and wait for the queue to die down. In the meantime, there was a random idol group promoting themselves in front of the club. This happens quite often at idol shows, and often the girls will timidly avoid me since I am not Japanese. However, one of the members decided to take a chance, and we ended up talking for over five minutes. That's not all; according to her, she is friends with Wasamin! I usually take that with a grain of salt since I have had idols say that to me before, and when I ask Wasamin she is like . "Uhhh, I met her...." But it was cute how excited she got when I mentioned Wasamin. Oh, the group is called Hissatsu Emomomomo!! and the member's name is Minase. In any case, I followed her on Twitter as she requested, so maybe I will go see her perform one of these days She was quite nice.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Roxas04

Roxas04 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Twitter:
    JeremyRoxas04
    I read this, and I loved your nice little story with Wasamin Cristafari ! ^^ :inlove:

20. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Aww, I'm going to miss Ikebukuro by a few days.