1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Takahashi Juri (Juri) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. BunnyUnnie

BunnyUnnie Kenkyuusei

I really hope Juri doesn't regret her decision :(

2. welp

welp Next Girls

K-netz came to Juri's defend and, surprise!, it's from Nate and Netizenbuzz.
    http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2019/08/takahashi-juri-asked-about-korean.html

Too early to tell. Wait after a week of promotion if her song charted on MelOn/sold over 10k copies.

She moved to Korea as AKB could never satisfy her desire to grow as performer, especially after she got to taste how K-pop worked. At least, now she got to practice and be trained non-stop so she must feel like she is working to her fullest to be professional idol performer and not just "idol".

I noticed eye bags on Suyun. She likely had sleepless night.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Better regret doing it rather than regret not doing it ;)
    (that's the Juri-way)

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    well there are a lot of j-idol fans in korea too... but idk if she'll get same support as sakura or miru

5. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    This is weird. Juri mentioned in MJ interview in AKB48 Newspaper that Woolim reached out to her first via Kakao talk.

EDIT: I dont know Korean, but reading the coverage on various Japanese news site Juri actually said more along the line of "When I was contacting Woolim by email, there was a talk about me debuting in Korea". Which is more in line of that interview (which has a section mentioned that Woolim proposed a kennin position with AKB48, but when Juri asked, Woolim said that they preferred Juri to come after graduating)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  6. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Has this ever been confirmed though?

7. Merlin54

Merlin54 Next Girls Stage48 Donor

• Like Like x 4
  8. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    Congratulations on your KPOP debut, Juri! :flower:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I like the song and Juri really blends in imo. Her Korean seems really good too. I hope this is successful for her.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yeah she did surprise me there. I was cringing a bit when it came to her turn to speak but soon relaxed

=====

At some stage, she's bound to bump into Sakura (technically her sunbae lolz)
    <---- then I can update this avatar muahahaha. Can't wait [hehe]

• Like Like x 2
  12. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I wonder whether they considered each other on an equal level in regard to the seniority while in AKB, or whether they based it off passing the audition or being promoted. Juri became a KKS in April 2011 and Sakura became a KKS in July 2011, but Sakura was promoted 9 days earlier than Juri.

13. welp

welp Next Girls

According to Soompi, which is the most trustworthy site, Juri said
    “I’m happy to be able to stand here with the other five members after preparing for so long. I got an email from Woollim and we started talking. I told them that I wanted to make my debut in Korea. The agency told me that they would support me so I came to Korea. I’ve always had an interest in Woollim as an agency, so I trusted them.”

Koreaboo, which is a less if not the least trustworthy site echoed the same translation. I assume the mistranslation resulting from the pronoun-dropping nature of Korean. Like the Japanese, the Korean, to lesser extent, often omits the pronoun, for example they say "Want to see (Bogoshipeo)" not "I want to see you (Naneun nega bogoshipeo)". This can lead to confusion.

You can read some words from other members here.
    This part from Yeonhee is interesting. “We saw Juri on ‘Produce 48’ and cheered her on, so we were happy to meet her as a fellow member. We were excited to be able to debut with her. At first, there was a language barrier so we had to communicate through body language, but we’re studying Japanese and she is studying Korean.”. Note the "we’re studying Japanese", they must have Japan debut planned.

In PD 48, Juri was presented as K-pop lover who tried hard to learn Korean. Why wouldn't Korean viewers like her? She also treated fans nicely. I remember she gave "fan" service by fanning fans waiting for her at the airport.

I meant the daily chart, not not-so-relevant real-time chart. Not many idols' songs charted well this year so far, even Itzy's second title song, Icy, fell off the chart quickly. It was also a controversial incident when a boy group (NCT 127) won in music show with 0 digital score (not charted) but, no group charted well anyway. If the group can be charted after 1 or 2 week of promotion, it means the promotion is successful and the song gets popular among general public to a degree. If the song isn't charted after 3 weeks, most likely it will never be charted. Since the trend now is more girls supporting girl groups, I expect the physical sale of girl groups overall to rise.

Now, Korean music performer association has started to collect performers' royalty fees for foreign artists, if the song charted, Juri will receive a considerable income from the association. This type of income is paid directly from the association to the artists' bank accounts, no agency in the middle.

It doesn't seem like it will be any more promising girl group to debut this year but the rumored S.M's new girl group. Nomination for "Best New Female Group" awards is locked although the chance to win is slim.

• Like Like x 3
  14. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Good question. I did like to think they did see each other as equals in seniority
    If Sakura and Shige's relationship be any guide, Sakura can certainly cope with someone who is outspoken, forward and brash. But Shige is on a different level, of course lolz

====

Good point. And don't forget this:
    jnq6q86wcjt11.jpg

Its one of the more endearing moments in PD48, esp. between a Japanese and Korean trainee.
    I can only speak for myself but it was one of the last memories of Juri prior to the last performance (Suki ni Nacchau Darou) and the finale
    Its probably etched in many an audience's mind (I'd like to think ahaha)

15. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Seniority in Japan is almost always on debut date. But when you are close, it's different story, and a lot of thing got thrown out (case in point : MJ)

16. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    she gonna be okay in there? just watched asian boss and i heard things r gettin worse

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. welp

welp Next Girls

S.M can adjust the timetable for its new girl group project all the time. I remember seeing that a famous choreographer said she was working with S.M's new girl group from few months ago. That's how another round of new girl group rumor started. SuperM is an American project. It should not affect on S.M's Korean based project.

I hope it come true. I'm dying to see Natty's striking dance move. Anyway, I don't think the group will do great right off the bat and, like Fromis-9, will take some time to rise.

May you check out 1 or 2 fancams on Rocket Punch? You will know the answer to your question if you do pay attention to the group.

20. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    She is fine. Working hard as usual.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1